Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Realisation 19:19 - Feb 8 with 3373 viewscentrestandswan

I think it is time to be realistic and accept the fact,like some on here do already, that we are not promotion material. We are too inconsistent and have too many faults as are pointed out each week on here. So just enjoy the rest of the season in the knowledge that we will not get relegated either and you never know we may actually have a big scoring home game to cheer us up.
Bad day for Swans and Wales rugby fans today, not the first time.😢

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Realisation on 19:29 - Feb 8 with 2481 viewsjasper_T

We've been consistent since the start of September. Can only beat struggling teams, anyone in the top half or on an upturn of form is beyond us.

So Huddersfield and Luton to look forward to. Not much else. 65 points my optimistic guess.
Realisation on 19:36 - Feb 8 with 2436 viewsjackrabbit

They had Lawrence and Rooney. We didn’t.
Realisation on 19:37 - Feb 8 with 2408 viewsSwanjaxs

And still only 4pts off a playoff birth ...

It really wouldn't surprise me if we go into the last six games with a realistic chance of making the playoffs.

That's how shìt the standard is

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Realisation on 20:04 - Feb 8 with 2337 viewsBillyChong

We hardly set ourselves up for promotion by spending a total of £500k in the summer on one player who’s now out on loan!
Realisation on 20:08 - Feb 8 with 2315 viewsmonmouth

Our days in the sun are behind us for a while, maybe a long while. I'm ok with that. We are actually the priveleged few, some of us doubly so. To have been there to see 77-82 and 07-13 is riches indeed. Most clubs supporters never get a sniff of actually being present for that kind of amazing ride once, never mind twice.

I really don't expect to see a third, and anyway, it will never be as glorious. Raise a glass to those times everyone, and the memories. they will last a lifetime.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Realisation on 20:13 - Feb 8 with 2287 viewscontroversial_jack

Realisation on 20:08 - Feb 8 by monmouth

Our days in the sun are behind us for a while, maybe a long while. I'm ok with that. We are actually the priveleged few, some of us doubly so. To have been there to see 77-82 and 07-13 is riches indeed. Most clubs supporters never get a sniff of actually being present for that kind of amazing ride once, never mind twice.

I really don't expect to see a third, and anyway, it will never be as glorious. Raise a glass to those times everyone, and the memories. they will last a lifetime.

We have seen more ups and downs than most supporters, and it's time for another down
Realisation on 20:16 - Feb 8 with 2270 viewsswan65split

Yep, good post

Told a close fan the same this week, our dream days are over .
Realisation on 20:29 - Feb 8 with 2220 viewsThornburyswan

We are a long way from being promotion material & have been all season, flattered to deceive early doors (& had a few lucky points).......... for me the top 7 sides are all a good bit better than us, the next 10/12 are all much of a muchness & we could finish anywhere between 8th & 20th by early May . . . . that good start has, just about, kept us in the division & Birchy has some interesting decisions to make in the coming months.
Login to get fewer ads

Realisation on 04:57 - Feb 9 with 1989 viewsTimTtam

To put it into context, 17 odd years ago Swansea finished near the bottom of League 2, with previous financial issues. It would be like saying, imagine if Walsall spend 7 seasons in the PL from 2030-2037, and beat Milan 3-0 away in the Europa League.

I'd imagine fans like you who supported Swansea back then would've jumped at the opportunity to be a mid-table Championship club.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Realisation on 06:56 - Feb 9 with 1898 viewsThornburyswan

Nicely put Monmouth, as we have all seen there is always the chance a ‘small club’ can make it to the so called promised land & whilst ever you remain in the Championship, after your time comes to an end, there is always the chance of a good manager + solid group of players & modest investment can make it happen again - but we have to get the balance right otherwise we could keep on falling (we’ve done that before too!).

Next season is the key one for me as we still need some major cost cutting this summer & getting the balance right will be critical to having a chance to stay in the Championship, if we can do that we should be in a better place to stabilise & maybe give it another go.
Realisation on 07:21 - Feb 9 with 1864 views1983

Exactly this

Can't believe some people looking back over the years and the complacency of some of our fans, Malmo is too expensive so I'm not going, can't be arsed going to Valencia, not going to Arsenal I don't like their ground, not going to Chelsea the view is sh1t,Man City is too expensive...these were the golden years boys mun never to bee seen again most probably not in my life time any way.In a few in seasons time we will all be getting guidy when we draw someone like Leicester in the F.A cup. Same goes for watching Wales in the Euros

In the words of that fella with the big hair and a big leek "I was there"
[Post edited 9 Feb 2020 7:22]

Realisation on 07:25 - Feb 9 with 1853 views1983

Realisation on 04:57 - Feb 9 by TimTtam

To put it into context, 17 odd years ago Swansea finished near the bottom of League 2, with previous financial issues. It would be like saying, imagine if Walsall spend 7 seasons in the PL from 2030-2037, and beat Milan 3-0 away in the Europa League.

I'd imagine fans like you who supported Swansea back then would've jumped at the opportunity to be a mid-table Championship club.

I was buzzing when we got promoted to the Championship thinking about going to places like Leeds,Forest….etc

Realisation on 07:35 - Feb 9 with 1847 viewsblackpooljack

Valencia to be exact. Not quite good enough to beat Milan
Realisation on 07:47 - Feb 9 with 1817 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The trouble is we really shouldn’t have been relegated. Some seriously negligent decision making (a catalogue of disasters) saw us down and the legacy of those are ensuring we can’t get back up.

What you just wrote could quite easily have come from the keyboard of Huw Jenkins - it deflects away from the self interest of those losing interest in the club in favour of massive monetary gain.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Realisation on 07:52 - Feb 9 with 1815 viewsTimTtam

Realisation on 07:47 - Feb 9 by Brynmill_Jack

The trouble is we really shouldn’t have been relegated. Some seriously negligent decision making (a catalogue of disasters) saw us down and the legacy of those are ensuring we can’t get back up.

What you just wrote could quite easily have come from the keyboard of Huw Jenkins - it deflects away from the self interest of those losing interest in the club in favour of massive monetary gain.

That's two in one day that have suspected me of being Huw

I'm not saying we should forget about that shambles of a season that got us relegated, and the actions of Huw/the yanks. I honestly thought we were safe after beating West Ham 4-1. It was awful, and had the money we got from player sales been invested properly, we either would still be a PL team, or would've had little financial issues when we went down. But it's not the end of the world to be in the Championship. Some people on here are acting like we're finished as a club.

My name is Matt

Realisation on 07:57 - Feb 9 with 1793 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Realisation on 07:52 - Feb 9 by TimTtam

That's two in one day that have suspected me of being Huw

I'm not saying we should forget about that shambles of a season that got us relegated, and the actions of Huw/the yanks. I honestly thought we were safe after beating West Ham 4-1. It was awful, and had the money we got from player sales been invested properly, we either would still be a PL team, or would've had little financial issues when we went down. But it's not the end of the world to be in the Championship. Some people on here are acting like we're finished as a club.

For the record - I definitely don’t think you’re HJ or any of the other sellouts.

If we don’t properly invest in our playing staff when we financially stabilise we won’t be in the championship much longer.

Realisation on 07:59 - Feb 9 with 1800 viewsMrSwerve

I’m still really grateful that we’re top half of the championship and within reach of the playoffs. Growing up watching the Swans mainly in the old division 3 (league two), I would have killed to be in our current position.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Realisation on 08:05 - Feb 9 with 1792 viewsSTID2017

As I just put on Dwight's post, came to that conclusion long ago.
Just have to enjoy it game by game and hope there is a change of ownership or direction to allow to genuinely build a team worthy of promotion. We are not that far off it, just need that bit extra in certain positions.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Realisation on 08:26 - Feb 9 with 1753 viewsTimTtam

Realisation on 07:57 - Feb 9 by Brynmill_Jack

For the record - I definitely don’t think you’re HJ or any of the other sellouts.

If we don’t properly invest in our playing staff when we financially stabilise we won’t be in the championship much longer.

Haha, I know. It's just that literally within minutes of reading both posts, I had someone else, then you, joke that I was/could've been Huw.

The standard of the Championship isn't that great this season. It seems to be getting worse and worse each year. With Birch in charge (people can question his loyalty to Swansea, but he's good at doing his job), I'm optimistic that we'll be fine and hopefully won't go down to League 1.

My name is Matt

Realisation on 08:44 - Feb 9 with 1690 viewssainthelens

Realisation on 19:37 - Feb 8 by Swanjaxs

And still only 4pts off a playoff birth ...

It really wouldn't surprise me if we go into the last six games with a realistic chance of making the playoffs.

That's how shìt the standard is

Love the optimism pal, and before yesterday I felt the same. But tho its 4 points off 6th, it's now 7 off 5th .( call that 8 with goal difference).
Yesterday was massive in terms of a real push. Said to my lad after the game that I'd love to into last 6 games with an outside chance....but we need to start stringing 4/5 wins on the spin, frankly we don't look anywhere near that.
Realisation on 08:46 - Feb 9 with 1673 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Realisation on 08:44 - Feb 9 by sainthelens

Love the optimism pal, and before yesterday I felt the same. But tho its 4 points off 6th, it's now 7 off 5th .( call that 8 with goal difference).
Yesterday was massive in terms of a real push. Said to my lad after the game that I'd love to into last 6 games with an outside chance....but we need to start stringing 4/5 wins on the spin, frankly we don't look anywhere near that.

I fear exactly that Saint.

Realisation on 09:31 - Feb 9 with 1624 viewsswan65split

Yes your right, if you were around in 67 and watched our first ever 4th Division game against Bradford PA , yes I would have walked /crawled the length of Britain over broken glass through a pile of shyte to be where we are now.

but other posters above have stated why theres unrest, weve seen the past (twice), and probably can glimpse the future if it goes tits up, This summer is going to be critical, and ATM I have more faith in Mr Tumble getting results than Coops.
Realisation on 11:02 - Feb 9 with 1489 viewsCatullus

I'd say 72-82 because to appreciate the rise I think you had to see the stuff that went before, just like living through the season ending with Hull made newr fans appreciate this rise all the more.
Those who only started going while we were in the EPL seem (to me anyway) to do the most moaning because they've not lived and supported SCFC through the really hard times.

They never saw Curt in full flow either but they do see players act like they've been shot when they are barely touched, what would they make of Tommy Smith?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Realisation on 11:11 - Feb 9 with 1463 viewsJinxy

Quite right of course. I never thought I'd see it twice too. However, in my view it's about enjoying (or at least appreciating) the "now", otherwise the memories can be cruel. I don't really care which league we play in, as long as the football is pleasing on the eye, and we win as many times as lose/draw! Weirdly, I enjoyed yesterday more than some games where we've scraped a win. I keep remembering how great it was to get into the championship years ago. As we know, it could always be worse. Perspective.
Realisation on 11:25 - Feb 9 with 1427 viewsclloy2

Realisation on 20:04 - Feb 8 by BillyChong

We hardly set ourselves up for promotion by spending a total of £500k in the summer on one player who’s now out on loan!

Or appointing a Manager who turns out to be a youth team coach, who unfortunately is severely lacking at this level.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024