Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Realisation 19:19 - Feb 8 with 3477 viewscentrestandswan

I think it is time to be realistic and accept the fact,like some on here do already, that we are not promotion material. We are too inconsistent and have too many faults as are pointed out each week on here. So just enjoy the rest of the season in the knowledge that we will not get relegated either and you never know we may actually have a big scoring home game to cheer us up.
Bad day for Swans and Wales rugby fans today, not the first time.😢

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Realisation on 11:48 - Feb 9 with 857 viewsNeath_Jack

Realisation on 07:25 - Feb 9 by 1983

I was buzzing when we got promoted to the Championship thinking about going to places like Leeds,Forest….etc

Same mate, remember being in the Railway for something like 6am for the first Forest game, and Steve had put a load of bacon and sausage sarnies on (couldn't eat any of them as my mouth was swollen up from having surgery the day before). It felt like we were setting off to play the current world champions, it was mad, felt like we had really f*cking made it.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Realisation on 11:50 - Feb 9 with 855 viewsNeath_Jack

And as for the gist of the rest of the thread, if we had a proper experienced manager, or at least one that isn't strangling the life out of the talent that we have, we would be comfortably in the play off places now, at least.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Realisation on 12:02 - Feb 9 with 825 viewsThornburyswan

Realisation on 11:50 - Feb 9 by Neath_Jack

And as for the gist of the rest of the thread, if we had a proper experienced manager, or at least one that isn't strangling the life out of the talent that we have, we would be comfortably in the play off places now, at least.

Agree about the manager point but our squad is, at very best average, just don’t understand this view that we should be pushing the top 6 positions - we lack on pitch leadership, any pace, consistent finisher & dominant central midfielder plus too many of our starting 11 are ‘learning as they play’.

With a better & more experienced manager we’d be more competitive but still top 10 at best for me unless you mean new more experienced manager plus 3/4 better players too.
Realisation on 21:52 - Feb 9 with 719 viewsSTID2017

Realisation on 04:57 - Feb 9 by TimTtam

To put it into context, 17 odd years ago Swansea finished near the bottom of League 2, with previous financial issues. It would be like saying, imagine if Walsall spend 7 seasons in the PL from 2030-2037, and beat Milan 3-0 away in the Europa League.

I'd imagine fans like you who supported Swansea back then would've jumped at the opportunity to be a mid-table Championship club.

As they say, you never miss what you never had.
I remember the feeling after beating Chesterfield in 1979 , how brilliant it was that we were going to be playing in the Second Division.
This was the level I had read about over and over, where the greats of Swansea had graced the white shirt.
To go on and surpass that was incredible.
When the dream ended after two short seasons.and we slipped further down, I never believed we would achieve those great heights again.
For clubs who have never achieved the second division status, getting to that level would be a pipe dream.
In reality they just hope to draw a big club in one of the cups

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Realisation on 21:13 - Feb 10 with 607 viewsjackrabbit

Realisation on 21:52 - Feb 9 by STID2017

As they say, you never miss what you never had.
I remember the feeling after beating Chesterfield in 1979 , how brilliant it was that we were going to be playing in the Second Division.
This was the level I had read about over and over, where the greats of Swansea had graced the white shirt.
To go on and surpass that was incredible.
When the dream ended after two short seasons.and we slipped further down, I never believed we would achieve those great heights again.
For clubs who have never achieved the second division status, getting to that level would be a pipe dream.
In reality they just hope to draw a big club in one of the cups

This is what I miss. Spotted on the Upper East Side of Manhattan a few years ago. Swans were world famous, because the Premier League is world famous. Those were the days. Will we ever see them again?

Realisation on 21:19 - Feb 10 with 596 viewsDarran

I was buzzing when we got promoted to the Championship thinking about going to places like Leeds,Forest….etc

and me. Saw nearly every game. Shelvey played in the first one aged 16.

https://www.11v11.com/matches/charlton-athletic-v-swansea-city-09-august-2008-28

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Realisation on 21:30 - Feb 10 with 582 viewsNeathJack

Hmm...
Realisation on 21:30 - Feb 10 with 582 viewsSTID2017

Realisation on 21:13 - Feb 10 by jackrabbit

This is what I miss. Spotted on the Upper East Side of Manhattan a few years ago. Swans were world famous, because the Premier League is world famous. Those were the days. Will we ever see them again?

Indeed.
Brilliant photo that

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Login to get fewer ads

Realisation on 21:34 - Feb 10 with 572 viewsswan65split

Realisation on 21:13 - Feb 10 by jackrabbit

Yes, the conk and new owners have taken us to the next level.
Realisation on 21:35 - Feb 10 with 570 viewsDarran

Realisation on 21:30 - Feb 10 by NeathJack

Hmm...

Perhaps he went there on a day out. 👀

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024