Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Steward 10:39 - Nov 28 with 1409 viewsspell_chekker

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

The Steward on 10:41 - Nov 28 with 1038 viewsspell_chekker

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

The Steward on 10:43 - Nov 28 with 1035 viewsspell_chekker

The Steward on 10:41 - Nov 28 by spell_chekker

This video come from the BHS website:

https://backhenrystreet.co.uk/discussion/36805/trouble-with-stewards#

The Steward on 10:46 - Nov 28 with 1033 viewsspell_chekker

The Steward on 10:43 - Nov 28 by spell_chekker

We need to know more really but it appears as the steward is well out of order and the young fan is being, at best, a bit of an idiot.

Let's trust the club to look into it.

The Steward on 10:47 - Nov 28 with 1031 viewsspell_chekker

The Steward on 10:46 - Nov 28 by spell_chekker

We need to know more really but it appears as the steward is well out of order and the young fan is being, at best, a bit of an idiot.

Let's trust the club to look into it.

I'm suspicious about the coincidence of the incident being filmed.

The Steward on 10:48 - Nov 28 with 1030 viewsspell_chekker

The Steward on 10:47 - Nov 28 by spell_chekker

I'm suspicious about the coincidence of the incident being filmed.

The Steward on 10:51 - Nov 28 with 1028 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

The Steward on 10:43 - Nov 28 by spell_chekker

Yup, can't do that should be sacked. Wonder if it was reported to the police?

Edit...

Thought stewarding was outsourced to a private firm?
[Post edited 28 Nov 2019 10:55]

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

The Steward on 11:02 - Nov 28 with 1022 viewsspell_chekker

The Steward on 10:51 - Nov 28 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Yup, can't do that should be sacked. Wonder if it was reported to the police?

Edit...

Thought stewarding was outsourced to a private firm?
[Post edited 28 Nov 2019 10:55]

Getting the right stewading at the club is vitally important.

Also, I've been watching the video clip and I can't work out what the young fan is doing. The way he barges through is very unusual.

There's more to this than simply the punch by the steward.

The Steward on 13:30 - Nov 28 with 1010 viewsspell_chekker

The Steward on 11:02 - Nov 28 by spell_chekker

Getting the right stewading at the club is vitally important.

Also, I've been watching the video clip and I can't work out what the young fan is doing. The way he barges through is very unusual.

There's more to this than simply the punch by the steward.

The story's getting bigger.

I'll post a couple of articles. One from ITV and the other from the Daily Mail

Login to get fewer ads

The Steward on 13:31 - Nov 28 with 1009 viewsspell_chekker

The Steward on 13:30 - Nov 28 by spell_chekker

The story's getting bigger.

I'll post a couple of articles. One from ITV and the other from the Daily Mail

Blackpool FC investigating after video appears to show steward punching fan

Blackpool Football Club are conducting an investigation after a video of a steward appearing to punch a fan was posted on social media.

The incident occurred at Blackpool's Leasing.com Trophy game against Scunthorpe at Bloomfield Road last night.

The short clip shows a hooded man attempting to barge through stewards dressed in yellow vests and orange jackets.

As he is pushed back, one steward appears to punch him in the side of the head.

Blackpool have responded by issuing a statement saying: "Blackpool Football Club is aware of an incident that occurred on the concourse at last night's game against Scunthorpe United and is taking the matter very seriously."

"An investigation into the incident is now underway and the club will provide a further update in due course."

The Steward on 13:35 - Nov 28 with 1008 viewsspell_chekker

The Steward on 13:31 - Nov 28 by spell_chekker

Blackpool FC investigating after video appears to show steward punching fan

Blackpool Football Club are conducting an investigation after a video of a steward appearing to punch a fan was posted on social media.

The incident occurred at Blackpool's Leasing.com Trophy game against Scunthorpe at Bloomfield Road last night.

The short clip shows a hooded man attempting to barge through stewards dressed in yellow vests and orange jackets.

As he is pushed back, one steward appears to punch him in the side of the head.

Blackpool have responded by issuing a statement saying: "Blackpool Football Club is aware of an incident that occurred on the concourse at last night's game against Scunthorpe United and is taking the matter very seriously."

"An investigation into the incident is now underway and the club will provide a further update in due course."

Shocking moment an 'agressive and out of control' football steward PUNCHES a fan in the face during during Blackpool's match with Scunthorpe, as club probe the 'attack'

- Footage has emerged of a steward punching a fan on Wednesday evening
- The nasty incident took place during Blackpool's game with Scunthorpe
- The short clip was posted on social media moments after the incident took place
- Blackpool confirmed that they have opened an investigation into the incident

A shocking video has shown the moment a football fan was punched in the face by an 'aggressive' and 'out of control' steward.

The incident happened in the concourse at Bloomfield Road during Blackpool's EFL Trophy clash with Scunthorpe on Wednesday night.

According to an eyewitness, a group of 20 stewards were removing 10 fans from the ground for standing up when the incident occurred.

The Steward on 13:54 - Nov 28 with 999 viewsROTTWEILERS

Young idiot fans wanting a response and got one. To bleat about getting a clip afterwards screams 'fanny' to me.

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

The Steward on 14:05 - Nov 28 with 994 viewsspell_chekker

The Steward on 13:54 - Nov 28 by ROTTWEILERS

Young idiot fans wanting a response and got one. To bleat about getting a clip afterwards screams 'fanny' to me.

I agree with you Rot but at the same time you can't have a steward doing that.

The Steward on 14:07 - Nov 28 with 992 viewsspell_chekker

The Steward on 14:05 - Nov 28 by spell_chekker

It's in the Independent now:

Blackpool start investigation after video of steward hitting supporter emerges online

The incident occurred at Blackpool's Leasing.com Trophy game against Scunthorpe at Bloomfield Road on Wednesday night

Blackpool are conducting an investigation after a video of a steward appearing to punch a fan was posted on social media.

The incident occurred at Blackpool’s Leasing.com Trophy game against Scunthorpe at Bloomfield Road on Wednesday night.

The short clip shows a hooded man attempting to barge through stewards dressed in yellow vests and orange jackets. As he is pushed back, one steward appears to punch him in the side of the head.

Blackpool have responded by issuing a statement saying they are looking into what happened.

“Blackpool Football Club is aware of an incident that occurred on the concourse at last night’s game against Scunthorpe United and is taking the matter very seriously,” said the statement.

“An investigation into the incident is now under way and the club will provide a further update in due course.”

The Steward on 14:08 - Nov 28 with 990 viewsROTTWEILERS

The Steward on 14:05 - Nov 28 by spell_chekker

He shouldn't have to tolerate someone accidentally on purpose bouncing into him. They are both in the wrong. Only one side is taking the holier than thou standpoint though, so that's where I'll direct my faux online outrage 👍

The Steward on 14:10 - Nov 28 with 989 viewsspell_chekker

The Steward on 14:07 - Nov 28 by spell_chekker

It's in the Independent now:

Blackpool start investigation after video of steward hitting supporter emerges online

The incident occurred at Blackpool's Leasing.com Trophy game against Scunthorpe at Bloomfield Road on Wednesday night

Blackpool are conducting an investigation after a video of a steward appearing to punch a fan was posted on social media.

The incident occurred at Blackpool’s Leasing.com Trophy game against Scunthorpe at Bloomfield Road on Wednesday night.

The short clip shows a hooded man attempting to barge through stewards dressed in yellow vests and orange jackets. As he is pushed back, one steward appears to punch him in the side of the head.

Blackpool have responded by issuing a statement saying they are looking into what happened.

“Blackpool Football Club is aware of an incident that occurred on the concourse at last night’s game against Scunthorpe United and is taking the matter very seriously,” said the statement.

“An investigation into the incident is now under way and the club will provide a further update in due course.”

Here's another:

https://therealefl.co.uk/2019/11/28/blackpool-launch-investigation-after-worryin

Blackpool launch investigation after worrying video emerges

Blackpool are launching an investigation after a worrying video emerged on social media of a steward appearing to punch a fan at last night’s EFL Trophy game with Scunthorpe United.

As he is pushed back, one steward appears to punch him from behind in the side of the head.

In a short statement on the club’s official website, the club said it was aware of an incident on the concourse at the game and was ‘taking the matter very seriously.’

They confirmed a full investigation was already underway and would provide further updates in due course.

Lancashire Police has also confirmed they are looking into the incident.

The Seasiders lost the game 3-1 in front of only 1,196 fans at Bloomfield Road.

Our View

We’ve seen the video, and it doesn’t look great.

Stewarding is a difficult job, and all the facts and context need exploring before forming a reasoned opinion, but it appears from first viewing the steward took a cheap shot at the fan.

Having visited Bloomfield Road earlier this season as an away supporter my only criticism was the welcome could have been warmer and the match not so heavily policed.

It is a shame because there are many good things going on at the club after they finally got rid of the Oystons and fans deserve the upturn in fortunes they are getting under the management Simon Grayson and the ownership of Simon Sadler.

From my experience, I can only suggest they explore ways of improving positive engagement with travelling supporters, something that doesn’t have to detract from the atmosphere at the game.

It should also be noted that stewarding is still an issue at many grounds I visit during a season, and clubs should be continually looking to improve the training and calibre of people they put in a high vis jacket on matchdays.

The Steward on 14:24 - Nov 28 with 986 viewsspell_chekker

Sky Sports site:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11728/11872402/blackpool-launch-investig

The Steward on 14:39 - Nov 28 with 983 viewsTwelveAngryMen

The Steward on 14:24 - Nov 28 by spell_chekker

Sky Sports site:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11728/11872402/blackpool-launch-investig

If you watch the longer video the stewards are bringing them out in two's / threes

The lads filming were the first lot ejected and were asking for what reason with no-one seemingly prepared to reply

None of us currently know what went on in the ground itself - if they were being ejected just for standing as the MSG are suggesting that is very poor form

Whatever the reason the stewarding looked very poor to me - too many of them seem to be spoiling for a fight Perhaps a legacy from flash points during NAPM

With the new regime I'm sure lessons will be learned from this We have to trust the Club to sort

As fans we need to keep the moral high ground - we use the SLO here to make our points ( and that's not just Steve but also those who assist inc Higgy who is North Stand rep ) not issues threats via social media of the type I have seen today

#footballfirst

The Steward on 18:35 - Nov 28 with 967 viewsLala

The Steward on 14:39 - Nov 28 by TwelveAngryMen

If you watch the longer video the stewards are bringing them out in two's / threes

The lads filming were the first lot ejected and were asking for what reason with no-one seemingly prepared to reply

None of us currently know what went on in the ground itself - if they were being ejected just for standing as the MSG are suggesting that is very poor form

Whatever the reason the stewarding looked very poor to me - too many of them seem to be spoiling for a fight Perhaps a legacy from flash points during NAPM

With the new regime I'm sure lessons will be learned from this We have to trust the Club to sort

As fans we need to keep the moral high ground - we use the SLO here to make our points ( and that's not just Steve but also those who assist inc Higgy who is North Stand rep ) not issues threats via social media of the type I have seen today

Have to say I agree with Rotty to be honest.

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

The Steward on 18:49 - Nov 28 with 964 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

The Steward on 18:35 - Nov 28 by Lala

Have to say I agree with Rotty to be honest.

Know what you're saying Rotts, but that still doesn't justify the steward throwing a sucker punch, easiest way to break someone's jaw, as you're not expecting it.

Some grade "A" idiots on social media at the moment, just let the Club and/or Police sort it out.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

The Steward on 00:53 - Nov 29 with 949 viewsROTTWEILERS

The Steward on 14:24 - Nov 28 by spell_chekker

Sky Sports site:

No way is this guy getting prosecuted. The law saw says an assault is fearing for your safety (or something similar). He got bounced into and reacted quickly. If anything the video evidence exonorates him...

The Steward on 07:00 - Nov 29 with 939 viewsspell_chekker

The Steward on 00:53 - Nov 29 by ROTTWEILERS

No way is this guy getting prosecuted. The law saw says an assault is fearing for your safety (or something similar). He got bounced into and reacted quickly. If anything the video evidence exonorates him...

A lot depends on the young fan's attitude.

It appears that he's a ladsy idiot, pseudo hooligan, type.

He appears to be, more than likely, in the wrong but that's an assumption we're making. An obvious one, but nevertheless an assumption.

There's a small chance that the young fan was a 'normal' person, there only to enjoy the football.

Who the fan is changes everything except the punch. You can't do that in today's society, no way.

I understand what Rot and others are saying about the fan deserving it, but it's not the way things are done now.

We're a modern forward thinking club now and act appropriately.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2019 7:33]

The Steward on 07:03 - Nov 29 with 938 viewsspell_chekker

The Steward on 07:00 - Nov 29 by spell_chekker

A lot depends on the young fan's attitude.

It appears that he's a ladsy idiot, pseudo hooligan, type.

He appears to be, more than likely, in the wrong but that's an assumption we're making. An obvious one, but nevertheless an assumption.

There's a small chance that the young fan was a 'normal' person, there only to enjoy the football.

Who the fan is changes everything except the punch. You can't do that in today's society, no way.

I understand what Rot and others are saying about the fan deserving it, but it's not the way things are done now.

We're a modern forward thinking club now and act appropriately.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2019 7:33]

To add that I'm confident the club will deal with it.

The Steward on 09:45 - Nov 29 with 925 viewsLala

The Steward on 07:03 - Nov 29 by spell_chekker

To add that I'm confident the club will deal with it.

I think you have to look at the whole situation. If the lad has also done wrong then he needs to be punished if that’s how we are playing it. You can’t act up, give it out and then scream victim.

We do have some less than mature fans at the moment, a bit giddy at having a football team to support for the first time in their lives. A few lessons in behaviour wouldn’t go amiss.

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

The Steward on 09:52 - Nov 29 with 924 viewsspell_chekker

The Steward on 09:45 - Nov 29 by Lala

I think you have to look at the whole situation. If the lad has also done wrong then he needs to be punished if that’s how we are playing it. You can’t act up, give it out and then scream victim.

We do have some less than mature fans at the moment, a bit giddy at having a football team to support for the first time in their lives. A few lessons in behaviour wouldn’t go amiss.

Agreed Lala.

If the young fan's out of order he should be punished.

The Steward on 09:55 - Nov 29 with 922 viewsspell_chekker

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024