Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another Brexit thread 08:27 - Aug 5 with 14090 viewswaynekerr55

Genuine questions which I feel deserve a thread of their own

What made you vote leave or remain?
Based on the facts now, would you change your decision?

I voted remain as I wasn't convinced by either sides argument so I stuck with the status quo.

I'd stick to my decision, simply because there is no tangible evidence that leaving sorts us out in the short to medium term.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Another Brexit thread on 14:56 - Aug 8 with 1075 viewschad

Another Brexit thread on 14:26 - Aug 8 by waynekerr55

Did he get it massively wrong though?

The doomsday scenario didn't play out straight away, but when you have the former CEO of Sainsburys saying shelves will be empty and food shortages will occur in the event of no deal, surely people have to take this seriously?

Alternatively (not you, may I hasten to add), we can have hope and believe more in Brexit, the only statement more absurd than a fùcking "jobs first Brexit"
[Post edited 8 Aug 2019 14:30]

Given the Bank of England were forced to apologise for how wrong they had got it, I am guessing yes.

We often have food shortages for one reason or another. That is different from a shortage of food. Make a good market for our farmers. Or do we cave in to the blackmail of an EU desperate for obvious reasons to make any member leaving a very negative move.

Did you read Magid Magid’s report on what a clueless shambles he thought the EU was? Directionless, ineffectual, full of back room deals.

New president very keen to remove vetos

This is last chance saloon or we go down that rabbit hole until we reach the bottom, for better or worse.
Another Brexit thread on 15:00 - Aug 8 with 1067 viewsProfessor

Another Brexit thread on 13:46 - Aug 8 by Lohengrin

There is an obvious parallel, Jango. Then as now stagnating wages and rising prices create the inability to consume production. Marry that to chronic job insecurity and unfair competition and the outline of a familiar picture begins to emerge.

Thanks

I would have added deregulation of workers rights. The strong possibility of the loss of a free-at -point- of care health service and a reduced safety net of welfare. The last is very much here already
Another Brexit thread on 15:02 - Aug 8 with 1066 viewsProfessor

Another Brexit thread on 13:57 - Aug 8 by bluey_the_blue

Car manufacturing has many problems, of which Brexit is next to nothing.

Airbus threatened to leave if we didn't join the Euro. It's as if they had some EU funding or something.

The risk of losing Astra production in Ellesmere Port is directly linked to Brexit. PSA have openly stated that. Airbus leaving Broughton is a real risk too. Honda is less to do with Brexit I concede
Another Brexit thread on 15:03 - Aug 8 with 1065 viewsLohengrin

Another Brexit thread on 15:00 - Aug 8 by Professor

Thanks

I would have added deregulation of workers rights. The strong possibility of the loss of a free-at -point- of care health service and a reduced safety net of welfare. The last is very much here already

Yes, Prof, all of that. It’s regression at a rate of knots. Little to spare and nothing to waste.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Another Brexit thread on 15:09 - Aug 8 with 1052 viewsProfessor

Another Brexit thread on 15:03 - Aug 8 by Lohengrin

Yes, Prof, all of that. It’s regression at a rate of knots. Little to spare and nothing to waste.

Indeed. Deregulation of the financial industry has left us with a huge burden that finance and politicians have happily placed on the shoulders of the worker. And by that I don’t mean it in the way a trade unionist would. This is all workers who are not in city. I am lucky. Just got to hang on until retirement and having no mortgage. Will have a modestly comfortable life. Can’t say the same for my kids.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2019 15:09]
Another Brexit thread on 15:15 - Aug 8 with 1038 viewswaynekerr55

Another Brexit thread on 14:56 - Aug 8 by chad

Given the Bank of England were forced to apologise for how wrong they had got it, I am guessing yes.

We often have food shortages for one reason or another. That is different from a shortage of food. Make a good market for our farmers. Or do we cave in to the blackmail of an EU desperate for obvious reasons to make any member leaving a very negative move.

Did you read Magid Magid’s report on what a clueless shambles he thought the EU was? Directionless, ineffectual, full of back room deals.

New president very keen to remove vetos

This is last chance saloon or we go down that rabbit hole until we reach the bottom, for better or worse.

The new president can be as keen as she wants, fact is she cannot remove the veto.

And he apologised for using the term menopausal, not about the predictions.

Fact of the matter is that food shortages will be caused by border checks.

Another Brexit thread on 16:15 - Aug 8 with 1003 viewschad

Another Brexit thread on 14:19 - Aug 8 by londonlisa2001

You really are a tedious little troll chad.

If you read the post that you have literally just quoted, I refer to ‘hundreds of hours’ being spent.

Equating that to tens of thousands of pounds is simply an exercise in multiplication. It holds if I’m paid anything above £20 an hour for my work. It was talking about how much time I have devoted to get where we are.

Stick to providing incorrect insight about how a minority shareholder can be forced out perhaps?

Or you could, alternatively spend even more time constantly criticising me and Uxbridge in the guise of you wanting to ‘help the trust’.
We’ve just had a Trust election. Didn’t see your name anywhere. It’s almost as if you’re not actually prepared to do anything - just prefer to criticise those that do.

Ah good Lisa so you agree it is not the “only time” you “have ever mentioned anything to do with money” as you had previously stated. So I was correct in what I said.

Although applying equal weight to both plurals you use, simple maths would say £100 per hour, but that is not the point

I am unsure correcting something counts as trolling and I would say I was above average height for a female. But if it makes you feel the bigger person feel free.

If the issues discussed in the past about the potential to force a minority shareholder out once their holding falls below a certain level is not correct then I would welcome knowing that. As it certainly seemed to exist at the time and I don’t recall you saying it was incorrect in all the time we discussed it previously. It being impractical now or in the future is another issue if that is the case.

Constantly criticising you and Ux please. I don’t think I have mentioned either of you at Trust meetings. If Ux is going to tell lies about me on here because I did not agree with him about the first vote (and your comments on that were very caustic even in that quote) then I will not tolerate it. If he then makes up further lies, i will not tolerate that either.

As for you Lisa I was raising issues about the behaviour of the Trust Board prior to the vote from a comment you made about the reasons people were banned from here, which was incorrect. You took the huff from my polite explanation why that was the case and went on a rant and told me to F off which I thought inappropriate for a Trust official. You then said I called you a liar (which I never did and you could not provide proof of although I repeatedly asked for it). You then basically told me you were finished with me! You also got enraged because I had mentioned you were not at the meeting (merely to explain you were not party to the facts). Taking it as some kind of personal insult.

It seems now you consider yourself above having inexactitudes corrected without throwing spiteful insults.

As for the Trust I don’t see your name up for election either Lisa and as I said I have offered to help on more than one occasion and both myself and my husband would be happy to offer any help we could. We always try to make meetings and Phil has made it plain he likes members to attend meetings and raise issues in person.

I have made plain I don’t agree with the rule Ux brought top of the list making a Trust Board member publicly disagreeing with an agreed policy a disciplinary offence. I think it totally inappropriate to shut up individuals concerns in this environment and ECB has said on here he shares those concerns. That is the opposite of making the Trust more open and I certainly would not want to be gagged in such a way. That is not my only concern. But actually the Trust should be addressing such issues rather than insulting the members it is set up to represent.
Another Brexit thread on 16:23 - Aug 8 with 994 viewschad

Another Brexit thread on 15:15 - Aug 8 by waynekerr55

The new president can be as keen as she wants, fact is she cannot remove the veto.

She can remove the veto if it is agreed. I think we all understand things in politics are not that simple. You don’t do this we don’t do that etc. Also hard if others agree

Blair agreed to give up part of our rebate for e.g.

Ha must have missed the use of the term menopausal did not see that in the politico articles
Login to get fewer ads

Another Brexit thread on 16:32 - Aug 8 with 992 viewsBobblehat

People blaming Brexit for businesses closing and people losing their jobs and my mate blamed Brexit because i beat him in golf today and so on........... do this mean we can all blame being part of the EU when our coal industry went under, our steel industry being on the ropes and the thousands of people who lost their jobs before Brexit was even a word????????? Oh how could i forget Woolworths i used to love going there when i was a kid😥
Because all this happened while being in the EU or don't it matter if somebody loses their job, or a business goes under when we're part of the EU?????
[Post edited 8 Aug 2019 18:57]
Another Brexit thread on 16:56 - Aug 8 with 974 viewsBatterseajack

Another Brexit thread on 16:15 - Aug 8 by chad

Ah good Lisa so you agree it is not the “only time” you “have ever mentioned anything to do with money” as you had previously stated. So I was correct in what I said.

Although applying equal weight to both plurals you use, simple maths would say £100 per hour, but that is not the point

I am unsure correcting something counts as trolling and I would say I was above average height for a female. But if it makes you feel the bigger person feel free.

If the issues discussed in the past about the potential to force a minority shareholder out once their holding falls below a certain level is not correct then I would welcome knowing that. As it certainly seemed to exist at the time and I don’t recall you saying it was incorrect in all the time we discussed it previously. It being impractical now or in the future is another issue if that is the case.

Constantly criticising you and Ux please. I don’t think I have mentioned either of you at Trust meetings. If Ux is going to tell lies about me on here because I did not agree with him about the first vote (and your comments on that were very caustic even in that quote) then I will not tolerate it. If he then makes up further lies, i will not tolerate that either.

As for you Lisa I was raising issues about the behaviour of the Trust Board prior to the vote from a comment you made about the reasons people were banned from here, which was incorrect. You took the huff from my polite explanation why that was the case and went on a rant and told me to F off which I thought inappropriate for a Trust official. You then said I called you a liar (which I never did and you could not provide proof of although I repeatedly asked for it). You then basically told me you were finished with me! You also got enraged because I had mentioned you were not at the meeting (merely to explain you were not party to the facts). Taking it as some kind of personal insult.

It seems now you consider yourself above having inexactitudes corrected without throwing spiteful insults.

As for the Trust I don’t see your name up for election either Lisa and as I said I have offered to help on more than one occasion and both myself and my husband would be happy to offer any help we could. We always try to make meetings and Phil has made it plain he likes members to attend meetings and raise issues in person.

I have made plain I don’t agree with the rule Ux brought top of the list making a Trust Board member publicly disagreeing with an agreed policy a disciplinary offence. I think it totally inappropriate to shut up individuals concerns in this environment and ECB has said on here he shares those concerns. That is the opposite of making the Trust more open and I certainly would not want to be gagged in such a way. That is not my only concern. But actually the Trust should be addressing such issues rather than insulting the members it is set up to represent.

If Lisa did in fact say she was finished with you, i can see why.

You don't strike me as a constructive person, or someone to engage with.
Another Brexit thread on 17:01 - Aug 8 with 969 viewsJango

Another Brexit thread on 13:46 - Aug 8 by Lohengrin

There is an obvious parallel, Jango. Then as now stagnating wages and rising prices create the inability to consume production. Marry that to chronic job insecurity and unfair competition and the outline of a familiar picture begins to emerge.

Because of brexit though? Everything you say there has been happening long before the referendum.
Another Brexit thread on 17:13 - Aug 8 with 956 viewsJango

Another Brexit thread on 15:15 - Aug 8 by waynekerr55

*The new president can be as keen as she wants, fact is she cannot remove the veto.*

One of remains arguments over the last 3 years has been that it would be better for us to remain and reform from within. How is this even possible when the EU leaders are being very vocal about their intentions to try and remove the Veto when it suits and transfer more powers to the EU.
Another Brexit thread on 17:29 - Aug 8 with 937 viewschad

Another Brexit thread on 16:56 - Aug 8 by Batterseajack

If Lisa did in fact say she was finished with you, i can see why.

You don't strike me as a constructive person, or someone to engage with.

Understood, you obviously consider lies, abuse and not addressing issues constructive

I am not entirely surprised
Another Brexit thread on 18:02 - Aug 8 with 911 viewsLohengrin

Another Brexit thread on 17:01 - Aug 8 by Jango

Because of brexit though? Everything you say there has been happening long before the referendum.

It’s a much earlier tale than that...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Another Brexit thread on 18:35 - Aug 8 with 891 viewswaynekerr55

Another Brexit thread on 17:13 - Aug 8 by Jango

*The new president can be as keen as she wants, fact is she cannot remove the veto.*

One of remains arguments over the last 3 years has been that it would be better for us to remain and reform from within. How is this even possible when the EU leaders are being very vocal about their intentions to try and remove the Veto when it suits and transfer more powers to the EU.

They can try all they want, it cannot happen without total cooperation.

Another Brexit thread on 18:47 - Aug 8 with 873 viewslonglostjack

Another Brexit thread on 16:32 - Aug 8 by Bobblehat

People blaming Brexit for businesses closing and people losing their jobs and my mate blamed Brexit because i beat him in golf today and so on........... do this mean we can all blame being part of the EU when our coal industry went under, our steel industry being on the ropes and the thousands of people who lost their jobs before Brexit was even a word????????? Oh how could i forget Woolworths i used to love going there when i was a kid😥
Because all this happened while being in the EU or don't it matter if somebody loses their job, or a business goes under when we're part of the EU?????
[Post edited 8 Aug 2019 18:57]

Did any of those events have anything at all to do with the EU? Thatcher missed a trick there. Today she’d have had a convenient scapegoat. If only she’d had Cummings around at the time.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Another Brexit thread on 18:55 - Aug 8 with 860 viewsBobblehat

Another Brexit thread on 18:47 - Aug 8 by longlostjack

Did any of those events have anything at all to do with the EU? Thatcher missed a trick there. Today she’d have had a convenient scapegoat. If only she’d had Cummings around at the time.

If you read my post properly you would see i never said it had anything to do with being in the EU i said shall we blame the EU. Because at the moment when a business goes under or someone loses their job Brexit has the blame even if it's nothing to do with it 🤷‍♂️
Another Brexit thread on 18:56 - Aug 8 with 857 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Jesus, is this still going?

We're leaving 31st October, Boris said and he wouldn't lie!

Stop arguing we all want what suits us, so no point in arguing with people that have a different agenda, they want what will suit them best, so we will never agree!

This is a football board, not politics!
Another Brexit thread on 18:57 - Aug 8 with 857 viewsJango

Another Brexit thread on 18:35 - Aug 8 by waynekerr55

They can try all they want, it cannot happen without total cooperation.

Ye I get that argument. How do we go about reforming from within though if we are at loggerheads with them over how much power they have.
Another Brexit thread on 18:59 - Aug 8 with 855 viewswaynekerr55

Another Brexit thread on 18:57 - Aug 8 by Jango

Ye I get that argument. How do we go about reforming from within though if we are at loggerheads with them over how much power they have.

I think that's a different conversation, Jango.

The whole thing is a fùcking mess.

Another Brexit thread on 18:59 - Aug 8 with 853 viewswaynekerr55

Another Brexit thread on 18:56 - Aug 8 by AlfieMooresSon

Stop arguing we all want what suits us, so no point in arguing with people that have a different agenda, they want what will suit them best, so we will never agree!

It's on the 'non football's section of the board, mun 😁

Another Brexit thread on 19:00 - Aug 8 with 849 viewsBobblehat

Another Brexit thread on 18:56 - Aug 8 by AlfieMooresSon

Thank f€£k because my politics suck
Another Brexit thread on 19:05 - Aug 8 with 841 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Another Brexit thread on 18:59 - Aug 8 by waynekerr55

It's on the 'non football's section of the board, mun 😁

I know but I read it all, and you know what I mean it's a Swansea City board as a whole!
Another Brexit thread on 20:18 - Aug 8 with 808 viewslondonlisa2001

Another Brexit thread on 16:15 - Aug 8 by chad

The post you’ve spent so long to search for was not about money it was about the length of time spent on Trust business.

Having spent the last god knows how many months moaning that you needed to review the docs because otherwise the vote wouldn’t go the way you wanted, you’re on to some other nonsense. You must have been gutted to lose the opportunity to have another go at the Trust when you saw the vote.

But honestly, if you think you could do better than me as an affiliate send in a list of the reasons why you’d do more. I’ll happily step aside so let me know when you do.

And, yes, you’re wrong about forcing out a minority in a private company in this situation.
Another Brexit thread on 21:39 - Aug 8 with 774 viewsNookiejack

Another Brexit thread on 11:45 - Aug 8 by WarwickHunt

Pointless trying to educate pork, Prof.

Must be quite frustrating for you that no one is taking your advice on Brexit

Especially being such a Philosopher King
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024