Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dam James £20m 09:37 - Jan 15 with 21447 viewsandrew

Sell or keep??

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Dam James £20m on 12:38 - Jan 15 with 1974 viewsTaliesin

Take anything from £10m up
Dam James £20m on 12:38 - Jan 15 with 1973 viewsjasper_T

Dam James £20m on 12:33 - Jan 15 by Captain_Sham

How does one learn composure? Is it not a trait ? You have it or you don't. He doesn't.

It's a learnable skill, just a difficult one. Mohammed Salah was an incredibly wasteful player until pretty recently (like DJ he would create a volume of chances to get by).

He's started 12 games of senior football. Most players go through an adaption period at least that long before settling down.
Dam James £20m on 12:42 - Jan 15 with 1928 viewssainthelens

Dam James £20m on 12:33 - Jan 15 by Captain_Sham

How does one learn composure? Is it not a trait ? You have it or you don't. He doesn't.

Seriously! Really? The lad is improving at a rate of knots, the composure will arrive soon enough.
Dam James £20m on 12:49 - Jan 15 with 1930 viewsjasper_T

And if you want to criticise composure Celina and McBurnie have both wasted hattricks worth of chances from James crosses this season.
Dam James £20m on 12:49 - Jan 15 with 1902 viewsswan65split

Dam James £20m on 10:53 - Jan 15 by Badlands

Every penny we got for players in our last two PL seasons was spent on transfers in.
16-17
spent £68 million
received £48 million

Spent £73 million
received £81 million

Spent £141 million
received £129 million

Just shows how badly we have been run in the last few years then, wasted mills o trash and forked out mills in compensation for sackings.

Did HJ have a relegation clause in his contract?
Dam James £20m on 12:50 - Jan 15 with 1896 viewsBadlands

I didn't know he was a fan!

https://thisisfutbol.com/2019/01/blogs/championship/pope-claims-swansea-hope-to-

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Dam James £20m on 12:58 - Jan 15 with 1903 viewsandrew

Dam James £20m on 09:51 - Jan 15 by union_jack

Ah bugger. A real whoosh moment for me there. Too damn early

Too Dam early you mean

Dam James £20m on 12:58 - Jan 15 with 1897 viewsandrew

Dam James £20m on 10:25 - Jan 15 by Badlands

I think someone has missed a decimal point.
Ridiculous price for the youngster IMO and has to be made up. .. doesn't it?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-transfer

Just got it from this rag.

Login to get fewer ads

Dam James £20m on 13:24 - Jan 15 with 1844 viewsCaptain_Sham

Dam James £20m on 12:49 - Jan 15 by jasper_T

And if you want to criticise composure Celina and McBurnie have both wasted hattricks worth of chances from James crosses this season.

Wrong thread. You seem intent on trying to boost Dans appeal by saying all the rest of our players are just as bad as him. That still doesn't make him any better. If this was Celina for £20 M or McBurnie for £20M thread , I would have the same reaction(one of great mirth) but I would want more money for either of those players than I would for James. I don't rate him, you do. That's what opinions are. You aren't going to change my opinion on him. HE might if he stops booting the ball into the stands, and starts kicking it to our players instead.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 13:38]

Its just a ride.

Dam James £20m on 13:28 - Jan 15 with 1827 viewshobo

Dam James £20m on 10:53 - Jan 15 by Badlands

Every penny we got for players in our last two PL seasons was spent on transfers in.
16-17
spent £68 million
received £48 million

Spent £73 million
received £81 million

Spent £141 million
received £129 million

From transfermarkt...

16-17
Spent £ 52.38m
Received £43.74m

17-18
Spent £65.79m
Received £72.99m

18-19
Spent £6.44m
Received £44.78m

Total Spent £124.61m
Total Received £161.51m
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 13:28]
Dam James £20m on 13:29 - Jan 15 with 1820 viewshobo

Dam James £20m on 10:25 - Jan 15 by Badlands

I think someone has missed a decimal point.
Ridiculous price for the youngster IMO and has to be made up. .. doesn't it?

Even in this day and age you're dreaming if you think we can get £200m
Dam James £20m on 13:46 - Jan 15 with 1758 viewsomarjack

Dam James £20m on 13:28 - Jan 15 by hobo

From transfermarkt...

16-17
Spent £ 52.38m
Received £43.74m

17-18
Spent £65.79m
Received £72.99m

18-19
Spent £6.44m
Received £44.78m

Total Spent £124.61m
Total Received £161.51m
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 13:28]

Exactly, not a single dime invested into the club since they took over, and with relegation it's only going to get much worse and tighter.

As I said before, nobody in the right mind can defend the hijacking of the club by those leeches. They sucked us dry and threw us to the dogs.

In 16/17 season they admitted to profiting 13.5 m

In 17/18 after Siggy and Llorente sales, they'll certainly make a 15-20m profit as well.

They'll break even now with all these sales and lack of investment, add the parachute payments as well.

From there, when all the contracts of high earners end, we'll be a shell of a club relying on the academy to bring in players, then we'll tumble down the leagues, assets sold..yada yada..

It's very clear what's happened and what will become of us as a club.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 13:47]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Dam James £20m on 13:56 - Jan 15 with 1737 views34dfgdf54

Dam James £20m on 12:58 - Jan 15 by andrew

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-transfer

Just got it from this rag.

We won't get anywhere near the £20m being quoted on WOL, but I do have a feeling he will end up at Leeds by the end of the window.

Could be an interesting few days on here....
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 13:56]
Dam James £20m on 14:03 - Jan 15 with 1730 viewsvetchonian

Dam James £20m on 12:11 - Jan 15 by Badlands

'And instead of splashing the cash from their own pockets to rectify the damage,'
As I keep insisting - they are not the owners.
If they are expected to put their hands in their own pockets so should the individual shareholders AND the trust.
The trust, while not holding much power, hold 21% of the club shares but I don't hear people shouting for that consortium to be 'splashing the cash'.

Thanks Leigh you make a fair point regarding ownership and share holdings BUT you forget the drivel spouted by your friend Huw that these persons purchasing the club would have the funding to take us to the next level and the sale of the club was necessary for this.

You choose to omit that the Trust who were prior to the sale the single largest shareholder but were tucked up by the sellouts during the sale process and have since been marginalised by the new owners to the point of withholding information....so why should this consortium stump up the cash? the slae of the club was "justified" for the reason of these new owners having the cash to stump up!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Dam James £20m on 14:21 - Jan 15 with 1695 viewsicecoldjack

Dam James £20m on 13:46 - Jan 15 by omarjack

Exactly, not a single dime invested into the club since they took over, and with relegation it's only going to get much worse and tighter.

As I said before, nobody in the right mind can defend the hijacking of the club by those leeches. They sucked us dry and threw us to the dogs.

In 17/18 after Siggy and Llorente sales, they'll certainly make a 15-20m profit as well.

They'll break even now with all these sales and lack of investment, add the parachute payments as well.

From there, when all the contracts of high earners end, we'll be a shell of a club relying on the academy to bring in players, then we'll tumble down the leagues, assets sold..yada yada..

Somebody will be along in a moment to tell you the Americans are not asset stripping but are sensible caring owners !

Of course, they'll be the first hedge funders in history to forget about making money because of how they fell in love with the club, city and area and before we know it there will be that investment and huge stadium expansion to prove it all too.

Some people just refuse to see that from the moment the club was sold to these yanks it was downhill all the way ..thanks Huw and co .
Dam James £20m on 14:35 - Jan 15 with 1679 viewsjasper_T

Dam James £20m on 13:24 - Jan 15 by Captain_Sham

Wrong thread. You seem intent on trying to boost Dans appeal by saying all the rest of our players are just as bad as him. That still doesn't make him any better. If this was Celina for £20 M or McBurnie for £20M thread , I would have the same reaction(one of great mirth) but I would want more money for either of those players than I would for James. I don't rate him, you do. That's what opinions are. You aren't going to change my opinion on him. HE might if he stops booting the ball into the stands, and starts kicking it to our players instead.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 13:38]

If you don't want your opinions challenged why post them on a discussion forum? Tell them to your mirror instead.

You claim he's "booting the ball into the stands" but he has three assists this season (3 more than Routledge, 1 less than Celina in half as many minutes) and should be rights have half a dozen more with the chances wasted off perfectly good deliveries.
Dam James £20m on 14:38 - Jan 15 with 1668 viewsjasper_T

Dam James £20m on 14:21 - Jan 15 by icecoldjack

Somebody will be along in a moment to tell you the Americans are not asset stripping but are sensible caring owners !

Of course, they'll be the first hedge funders in history to forget about making money because of how they fell in love with the club, city and area and before we know it there will be that investment and huge stadium expansion to prove it all too.

Some people just refuse to see that from the moment the club was sold to these yanks it was downhill all the way ..thanks Huw and co .

There's a wide range of options between asset stripping (no evidence they've taken funds received by selling players out of the club) and sensible and/or caring ownership. It's not one or the other.

Club had been going downhill before the Americans came in. Conservative and destructive decision-making started when the old shareholders first decided it was time to sell.
Dam James £20m on 14:42 - Jan 15 with 1653 viewsSWANSEYE

Why sell and line the pockets of those Yankee Muppets and HJ . .Keep the youngsters on board as they will grow and mature into the game and that will be the life blood of this Club ongoing.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 14:43]
Dam James £20m on 14:45 - Jan 15 with 1639 viewsjasper_T

Dam James £20m on 13:46 - Jan 15 by omarjack

I really doubt we made a profit last season. It all went on the Andre Ayew panic buy in January.

Expensive transfers, expensive loans, expensive wages.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 14:46]
Dam James £20m on 15:38 - Jan 15 with 1555 viewsAl_Bundy

James has nothing to justify even a third of a £20M valuation. He plays in a side lingering in mid table in the 2nd tier with a couple of decent performances and injuries under his belt.

Potential possibly - He does remind me of Fraser and Bournemouth but he now does have an end product which James could develop.

As for the yankee owners - yes they will sell no doubt anyone who makes the books look better regardless of where the team ends up. There is no ambition this season apart from avoiding a double relegation at best. The fruits of Jenkins mismanagement will start to bite hard now sadly.
Dam James £20m on 15:46 - Jan 15 with 1562 viewsSWANSEYE

Bet Bielsa's been spying !!
Dam James £20m on 15:58 - Jan 15 with 1547 viewsjasper_T

Dam James £20m on 15:38 - Jan 15 by Al_Bundy

James has nothing to justify even a third of a £20M valuation. He plays in a side lingering in mid table in the 2nd tier with a couple of decent performances and injuries under his belt.

Potential possibly - He does remind me of Fraser and Bournemouth but he now does have an end product which James could develop.

As for the yankee owners - yes they will sell no doubt anyone who makes the books look better regardless of where the team ends up. There is no ambition this season apart from avoiding a double relegation at best. The fruits of Jenkins mismanagement will start to bite hard now sadly.

Do you think we didn't reject offers for McBurnie in the summer, then?
Dam James £20m on 16:14 - Jan 15 with 1507 viewsBadlands

Dam James £20m on 15:38 - Jan 15 by Al_Bundy

Was with you on most of that but we need the books to balance.
And, I really don't think they will let us end up anywhere as they know they'll lose virtually all their investment.
Let's be honest we've hardly been playing much better than a mid-table Championship side for most of the last 4 seasons.

Also (I didn't want to start another thread)
Here's another story worth passing around our youngsters as a warning about players who were too big for the Swans.
https://the72.co.uk/123334/former-qpr-swansea-city-defender-joins-turkish-super-

'Steven Caulker has joined Turkish Süper Lig side Alanyaspor, as confirmed by their official club Twitter account today.
The 27-year-old has moved to Turkey on a deal until the end of the season. He has been looking for a new club since leaving Scottish Premiership side Dundee at the end of August.'

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Dam James £20m on 16:39 - Jan 15 with 1493 viewsCaptain_Sham

Dam James £20m on 14:35 - Jan 15 by jasper_T

If you don't want your opinions challenged why post them on a discussion forum? Tell them to your mirror instead.

You claim he's "booting the ball into the stands" but he has three assists this season (3 more than Routledge, 1 less than Celina in half as many minutes) and should be rights have half a dozen more with the chances wasted off perfectly good deliveries.

Where did I say I didn't want them challenged? You aren't just aren't challenging them. Telling me he has three assists doesn't change my opinion, nor should it given the opportunities he has had. I don't care if you agree with me or not. Why cant you grasp that? I post my opinions to provoke debate. You can post stats at me all day. Ive watched the kid and I don't think hes got it. He is the only person who can change my view of him. Its strikingly arrogant for you to think that you are in possession of the necessary tools to correct my view for me.
What does matter what I think of him anyway? I'm not going to be picking the team anytime soon.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 16:49]

Its just a ride.

Dam James £20m on 16:55 - Jan 15 with 1468 viewsicecoldjack

Dam James £20m on 14:38 - Jan 15 by jasper_T

There's a wide range of options between asset stripping (no evidence they've taken funds received by selling players out of the club) and sensible and/or caring ownership. It's not one or the other.

Club had been going downhill before the Americans came in. Conservative and destructive decision-making started when the old shareholders first decided it was time to sell.

Yes, and those wide ranging options are exactly where those septics will look to be creative in extracting what they need.

Sensible ownership was the remit of our previous owners, passing it on to somebody with the investment to take it forward, which the yanks said they had.

Plenty of ways to extract wealth out of a football club too, just because there is no apparent evidence it doesn't mean anything, just means they are good at what they do . did you think that the hedge funders bought a football club with no idea of how to make their money back ?

Money is their game fella, extracting it and milking assets is what they do for a living, plan A was to no doubt buy it keep it ticking over and flip it a few years down the line for a profit after securing lease etc.But no way would they not have a plan B and C .

The club had been going down hill since Laudrup was pumped, we all know this, that's why I thought Jenkins should have been moved on and a professional CEO employed the moment we got into the prem league.

It's all old news, but the septics in charge now are the ones who've promised the most and delivered the least let's not forget that.

How much of their own money have they invested ? Nuf said.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024