Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back 01:13 - Aug 5 with 12723 viewsrrrspricey

Well, a couple of hours ago at least

Schteve said, and I quote “I like to play attractive, attacking football. The priority is to win matches - but we want to win them in a certain style."

Saw precious little evidence of that today. Highlight yet again was Eze (what a revelation he's been eh) but could've been a lot worse if PNE had been more clinical.

Great chance for r cilla to have nicked a point late on but we offered fook all and didn't deserve a point if truth be told.

I'm not a tactical genius by a long shot but Freeman out wide just doesn't work., he needs to be more central where his distribution can hurt teams. If that were the case I'd rather see Sylla up front using his pace to get in behind defences.

Another plus was BFG mk2, thought he looked solid and was vocal throughout organising and motivating. Following his 45 minute run out against Swindon last week, hopefully Hall will be back sooner rather than later, couple that with Furlong's return and we'll have a half decent back line.

Onwards and upwards

Just back on 13:11 - Aug 6 with 1284 viewsdavman

Said it a number of times now, but reduce the game time and only let the clock tick when the ball is in play. It removes all ambiguity even though it won't stop tactics to stop the momentum of a game.

Still can't see a downside to doing that and it is a simple thing to implement...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Just back on 14:01 - Aug 6 with 1207 viewsNorthernr

Just back on 12:11 - Aug 6 by wrinklyhoop

Sorry Clive, as several others have pointed out, it was the weakness of Darren England falling for all the Preston cynicism. I don't want to support a Club who resort to stuff like that, even if you do.

Well it's not exactly loads of fun watching a club that has it done to them over and over again without responding, nor one that's won three away matches in more than a year.
Just back on 14:04 - Aug 6 with 1200 viewsfrancisbowles

Just back on 13:11 - Aug 6 by davman

Said it a number of times now, but reduce the game time and only let the clock tick when the ball is in play. It removes all ambiguity even though it won't stop tactics to stop the momentum of a game.

Still can't see a downside to doing that and it is a simple thing to implement...

With a 7.45 kick off, you just might end up spending the night in a cold mid winter Loftus Road, especially in round 1 of the League Cup!
Just back on 09:54 - Aug 7 with 994 viewsnix

Just back on 13:11 - Aug 6 by davman

It’s the momentum thing that causes the problem through. Particularly at home when the crowd starts buzzing. Then one of their defenders gets poleaxed by a clean tackle and rolls around clutching all parts of his body and the physio goes on and all the impetus goes. Their ‘injured’ player then gets up and gambols around like a spring lamb.

The only way to tackle this is for the referee to continue the game for continuous minor injuries, book twice if necessary for timewasting.

Although I don’t want us to be a cheating team, where the other team do it to us we can, firstly, bring it to the attention of the referee every time they time waste, feign injury etc. Then just start doing it back next time we play them: holding onto the ball for their free kicks, slowing down the game when they’re going through a purple patch with taking time over free kicks, throw ins etc. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.
Just back on 10:14 - Aug 7 with 966 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Just back on 09:54 - Aug 7 by nix

It’s the momentum thing that causes the problem through. Particularly at home when the crowd starts buzzing. Then one of their defenders gets poleaxed by a clean tackle and rolls around clutching all parts of his body and the physio goes on and all the impetus goes. Their ‘injured’ player then gets up and gambols around like a spring lamb.

The only way to tackle this is for the referee to continue the game for continuous minor injuries, book twice if necessary for timewasting.

Although I don’t want us to be a cheating team, where the other team do it to us we can, firstly, bring it to the attention of the referee every time they time waste, feign injury etc. Then just start doing it back next time we play them: holding onto the ball for their free kicks, slowing down the game when they’re going through a purple patch with taking time over free kicks, throw ins etc. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

Problem is that you have to be good at it. It’s clearly a policy by teams like Preston to either coach it into players or to recruit players that can do it already.

I just can’t see players like Bidwell, Hall, Luongo, Furlong, Smith, Sylla getting away with it.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Just back on 10:35 - Aug 7 with 934 viewsolderR

it's all very well saying we should do the same to them but you have to be winning the game first.
Just back on 11:13 - Aug 7 with 904 viewskensalriser

Just back on 10:35 - Aug 7 by olderR

it's all very well saying we should do the same to them but you have to be winning the game first.

Damn it. The devil's always in the detail.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024