Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Holloway slams R's fans 22:02 - Nov 27 with 30127 viewsDieByYourSide

And do you know what? He's absolutely right. We're in a proper tight spot as a club and need to rally around the team. Yes Brentford are better at football than us, that's quite clear but booing at 1-0 down is f*cking pathetic. Can't fault this team for effort and they've shown us that again tonight. Get behind the boys.

Poll: And it's hi ho

Holloway slams R's fans on 15:38 - Nov 28 with 2628 viewsVancouverHoop

If you stick a mic in front of a managers face a few minutes after the final whistle, you're likely to get something stupid/"controversial," that's why it's done.

Here a Dean Smith's comments post game:

"Officials didn't do their jobs and we didn't do our jobs in the penalty box.

"There was a clear foul on Ollie Watkins in the middle of the pitch and it doesn't get given. We switched off from the short corner and Daniel Bentley should do better.

"Then they win the ball from the kick-off and Romaine Sawyers pulls out of a challenge and gets a foul given against him. I feel frustrated and aggrieved.

"We've dropped two points because of the officials."

So they blew two points because of the the officials. Yeah right!
An hour later he'll know it's not true, and it certainly won't be what he's telling his players this morning. Olly 'spekes his branes,' after a match we all knew that didn't we? Sometimes it's hilarious other times idiotic, it only matters if we allow it to.
Holloway slams R's fans on 15:42 - Nov 28 with 2614 viewsqprd

Holloway slams R's fans on 15:30 - Nov 28 by NW5Hoop

1. He says don't come back. Whether he means it or not, he shouldn't have said it. I have no problems with players and managers getting fed up of being abused. But no one was being abused last night. A lot of cold, bored, despairing people went home a little bit early.
2. I'm not returning my season ticket.
3. People aren't getting the hump because he said they missed something special. They're getting the hump because he said they should stay at home. He told supporters who give lots of their time and money to the club that he doesn't want them.

Yawn....

Are you really going to stay at home because of some glib, misguided statement Ollie made at the end of the match?

If fans are so fickle as to not go to games over something so inane, perhaps Ollie should have gone further in his criticism of certain fans' lack of loyalty
Holloway slams R's fans on 16:02 - Nov 28 with 2564 viewshighleverhoopL

I was a Leaver last night. Well done the Remainers - they got that massive hit of dopamine and adrenaline that keeps us coming back. I'm gutted I missed it and feel stupid, I sure all Leavers do, so it really, really p***** me off when Holloway, who I desperately want to do well, tries to make me feel even worse about it.
Holloway slams R's fans on 16:04 - Nov 28 with 2557 viewsbosh67

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/interviews/ollie-on-brentford-draw/

In the offish video it's brilliant. The fans bit is classic David Brent :)

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Holloway slams R's fans on 16:10 - Nov 28 with 2535 viewsDevonWhite

He's apologised.

Draw a line under it now maybe?
Holloway slams R's fans on 16:18 - Nov 28 with 2504 viewsNW5Hoop

Holloway slams R's fans on 15:42 - Nov 28 by qprd

Yawn....

Are you really going to stay at home because of some glib, misguided statement Ollie made at the end of the match?

If fans are so fickle as to not go to games over something so inane, perhaps Ollie should have gone further in his criticism of certain fans' lack of loyalty

Er, no I'm not. Did you read? "I'm not returning my season ticket." He just annoyed me. And given the amount of cr*p about how terrible our players are and our coaches are round here, which I don't join in with, I think being irritated when the manager says something about what I and lots of others did last night is far from the worst thing that happens.
Holloway slams R's fans on 16:20 - Nov 28 with 2495 viewsNW5Hoop

Holloway slams R's fans on 16:10 - Nov 28 by DevonWhite

He's apologised.

Fair enough. Well said.
Holloway slams R's fans on 16:23 - Nov 28 with 2488 viewsdaveB

Holloway slams R's fans on 15:30 - Nov 28 by NW5Hoop

1. He says don't come back. Whether he means it or not, he shouldn't have said it. I have no problems with players and managers getting fed up of being abused. But no one was being abused last night. A lot of cold, bored, despairing people went home a little bit early.
2. I'm not returning my season ticket.
3. People aren't getting the hump because he said they missed something special. They're getting the hump because he said they should stay at home. He told supporters who give lots of their time and money to the club that he doesn't want them.

Login to get fewer ads

Holloway slams R's fans on 16:28 - Nov 28 with 2466 viewsNW5Hoop

Holloway slams R's fans on 16:23 - Nov 28 by daveB

You missed me saying "Fair enough. Well said" immediately above this, then?
Holloway slams R's fans on 16:31 - Nov 28 with 2455 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

He's apologised.

I’m a little disappointed in him for that to be honest.

He can’t win haha
Holloway slams R's fans on 16:32 - Nov 28 with 2439 viewskingsburyR

Tony standing to his left with his fist cocked I would imagine!!!.

Sorry, doesnt wash with me.........And i'll be here a long time after he leaves.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Holloway slams R's fans on 16:33 - Nov 28 with 2439 viewsdaveB

Holloway slams R's fans on 16:28 - Nov 28 by NW5Hoop

You missed me saying "Fair enough. Well said" immediately above this, then?

yeah I did, would you like an apology for that as well
Holloway slams R's fans on 16:33 - Nov 28 with 2435 views1MoreBrightonR

1. i am a holloway fan, even if i do think he got it wrong last night in the first half
2. i left early...no one's fault but my own
3. His comments annoyed me and were stupid
4. his apology is classic...very funny, and not sure how much he means it, but its good enough for me. suspect he thinks its a bit of a storm in a teacup...and he may be right.
Holloway slams R's fans on 16:37 - Nov 28 with 2416 viewsNW5Hoop

Holloway slams R's fans on 16:33 - Nov 28 by daveB

yeah I did, would you like an apology for that as well

No. I've always enjoyed your posts, because you talk a lot of sense, but now I'm wondering why you're hammering at me.
Holloway slams R's fans on 16:37 - Nov 28 with 2415 viewsPinnerPaul

Holloway slams R's fans on 22:45 - Nov 27 by ted_hendrix

He's out of order if he wants to have a dig at fans then invite a couple to be interviewed stood next to him so at least they'll have a right of reply, of course that's not possible so he should keep his gob shut and not alienate himself from the fan base.

Alternately as the Manager he could maybe serve up the odd performance whereby the paying public would want to stay to the end.

Stay at home my arse

Sheff Utd, Wolves?

Not many left on 80 minutes for those two - have they all moved further from W12 since then?

Yes you have the right to leave, boo - IH has the right to say he doesn't like it.
Holloway slams R's fans on 16:40 - Nov 28 with 2393 viewsPinnerPaul

Holloway slams R's fans on 22:49 - Nov 27 by vanrrrr

I left on 86 mins! Glad we got a point, no idea how as we were second best for most of that time. Not the best decision I have made but I thought we were dire and a quick trip home was more enticing than more of the same.

Maybe Holloway willsend me a refund if he thinks i should have stayed home?

I stayed to the end and it was the quickest I have ever got home.

20 minutes quicker than my usual journey.

It really had nothing to do with weather or getting home quickly.

People left early because they thought the game was lost - at 90 mins that's understandable, but at 80? Nah!

Its a free country as I've just said, so IH free to criticise in the same way you're free to go home.
Holloway slams R's fans on 16:43 - Nov 28 with 2388 viewsPinnerPaul

Holloway slams R's fans on 23:02 - Nov 27 by 100percent

agreed here.
perhaps holloway should focus more on us fans who stayed and why we continue to support the team even in the face of his lack of technical nous and ability. he needs to pipe down and appreciate our loyalty to his lost cause.

What exactly IS the 'cause' he has lost? Do tell
Holloway slams R's fans on 16:47 - Nov 28 with 2378 viewsPinnerPaul

Holloway slams R's fans on 23:07 - Nov 27 by Lblock

Well done Ollie..... you just put another nail in your coffin

It’s petrol for the fires that are being lit and his comments are simply not on

Set up, tactics and changes tonight were beyond curious
I want him to do well, he cares and it matters but sometimes he don’t help himself

I personally feel he needs a positive result at PNE. In the cold light of day that performance 2nd half tonight was not on

Set up? As we have been all season and one his subs Smith scored one gaol and made another.

Fire on flames - what flames - we are two points behind a Brentford side everyone on here was praising to the skys before the game.

Its any excuse for some to bash IH.

Win and it all goes quiet on here, lose and its IH out.

Fantastic (if unlikely) comeback and look at our how many comments on here about this as opposed to the spirit of the squad.
Holloway slams R's fans on 16:52 - Nov 28 with 2361 viewsNortholt_Rs

Holloway slams R's fans on 16:20 - Nov 28 by NW5Hoop

Fair enough. Well said.

Yep that’s good of him to do that. I was livid last night but get us a win at PNE and the love in can start over.... Great turnaround last night too. Their faces coming out of the ground was a picture. All together now:

Two nil and you.....
[Post edited 28 Nov 2017 16:53]

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Holloway slams R's fans on 16:55 - Nov 28 with 2349 viewsstevenagehoop

Holloway slams R's fans on 16:37 - Nov 28 by PinnerPaul

Sheff Utd, Wolves?

Not many left on 80 minutes for those two - have they all moved further from W12 since then?

Yes you have the right to leave, boo - IH has the right to say he doesn't like it.

Big difference both those games were Saturday afternoon and most don’t have work next day.

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

Holloway slams R's fans on 16:57 - Nov 28 with 2346 viewsPinnerPaul

Holloway slams R's fans on 12:38 - Nov 28 by makaveli1882

Agree with Ted,

I agree with everything Ted said.

I feel really f'cked off this morning, nothing to do with being precious I am just angry with our loony geriatric manager playing up to the cameras yet again!

I left early and though I am glad Rangers pulled it back I certainly do not feel I have missed out on anything this morning. 

I have supported this bloke since I have been going (1993) so a big chunk of my Rangers life has been around Ian Holloway but I have lost all respect for him now. 

Rather than alienating the small fan base that we have maybe he should concentrate on - 

- Winning a London derby - scraped two draws against Millwall (lucky) Brentford (even luckier) losing to Fulham, and we will lose to all three away games quite comfortably. 

- Away record - That's because we have the worst away record in all 4 leagues, and trust me there a lot more
teams than us in all four diversions that are working on smaller budget, more to do with tactics and very odd team selections.  

His own record - Only Birmingham have lost more games (27) than us since Ian Holloway took over last November (24)

The fact we have 1 point from 4 games

Or maybe the fact we have lost our last 3 games to Brentford and being 2-0 after 81 minutes on a cold monday night just before christmas many people would not have had us to come back and draw 2-2. 

Also has mackie got some dirty pics of him or something?? being Rangers through and through does not make it ok, same goes for Ollie and Bircham. 

The bloke has a very hard job and we are on a shoestring and last thing we need is another manager change, but if he left now I would not care at all, personally think he owes the fans an apology.     

What's Christmas got to do with it - you'll be telling me people did some shopping on the way home next!
Holloway slams R's fans on 17:02 - Nov 28 with 2327 viewsstevenagehoop

Holloway slams R's fans on 16:55 - Nov 28 by stevenagehoop

Big difference both those games were Saturday afternoon and most don’t have work next day.

Cock up there meant to say one of those games was on Saturday. -

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

Holloway slams R's fans on 17:05 - Nov 28 with 2315 viewsPinnerPaul

Holloway slams R's fans on 16:55 - Nov 28 by stevenagehoop

ER they weren't - Sheff Utd was midweek - no mass exodus on 80 mins
Holloway slams R's fans on 17:06 - Nov 28 with 2312 viewsdaveB

Holloway slams R's fans on 16:37 - Nov 28 by NW5Hoop

No. I've always enjoyed your posts, because you talk a lot of sense, but now I'm wondering why you're hammering at me.

I'm not hammering at you, it was meant as a joke
Holloway slams R's fans on 17:12 - Nov 28 with 2285 viewsrobith

He's apologised.

I wasn't sure about bringing him back, I think he's mostly doing a good job under tough circumstances but some of his choices drive me mad, but stone me, as a human being, bloody hell I love him
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024