Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Holloway slams R's fans 22:02 - Nov 27 with 30129 viewsDieByYourSide

And do you know what? He's absolutely right. We're in a proper tight spot as a club and need to rally around the team. Yes Brentford are better at football than us, that's quite clear but booing at 1-0 down is f*cking pathetic. Can't fault this team for effort and they've shown us that again tonight. Get behind the boys.

Poll: And it's hi ho

Holloway slams R's fans on 11:48 - Nov 28 with 2756 viewsDeepcutHoop

So many snowflakes among our fanbase.
Holloway slams R's fans on 12:14 - Nov 28 with 2689 viewsFearless

I didnt go last night, but for what it’s worth..IMO

We pay to be at Loftus Road, and should be able to leave whenever we want without verbal recriminations, from other fans, but especially from the clubs employees, who are paid to be there.
Holloway slams R's fans on 12:22 - Nov 28 with 2666 viewsA40Bosh

Holloway slams R's fans on 12:14 - Nov 28 by Fearless

We pay to be at Loftus Road, and should be able to leave whenever we want without verbal recriminations, from other fans, but especially from the clubs employees, who are paid to be there.

I suspect that Ollie would counter that commenet with, "yes mate, I make you right, you should be able to leave when you want and I was over emotional straight after the game, but 'ere in our cave, when our backs are against the wall, we need you to stay those times when you does feel like leaving, and continue to shout the team on and encourage them, cos those boys was trying their socks off and they never gives in"

Easy enough for him to say of course, cos like you say he is paid to be there, but I think the abuse he was getting off the Brentford fans got the better of him last night and probably some stuff he picks up from elements of the SAR stand behind him at times.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Holloway slams R's fans on 12:23 - Nov 28 with 2662 viewsDeepcutHoop

Quite right, we demand our safespace!

Can everyone stop being mean please?
Holloway slams R's fans on 12:25 - Nov 28 with 2653 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

You make supporting QPR sounds like a business transaction.

Maybe you should contact the football supporters ombudsmen or CAB.
Holloway slams R's fans on 12:30 - Nov 28 with 2622 viewsThe_Mole

I wonder if more than 11 odd thousand supporters would have turned up if we were playing Chelsea last night and how many would have left at 2-0?

Just curious like...
Holloway slams R's fans on 12:32 - Nov 28 with 2619 viewsFearless

Holloway slams R's fans on 12:25 - Nov 28 by BazzaInTheLoft

You make supporting QPR sounds like a business transaction.

Maybe you should contact the football supporters ombudsmen or CAB.

Haha - fair enough

Having seen rangers at over 100 grounds, must be the worst business decision I ever made
That’s not to say I disagree with you

There’s many reasons for leaving early or not attending when you’ve already paid for your ticket - and I agree I’m sure Holloway regrets his comments or wishes he’d phrased it better

Anyway, great draw in the end, look forward to Leeds on Saturday week.
I won’t be at PNE, still stung by them Singing “time to go” when we lost 5-0
Holloway slams R's fans on 12:35 - Nov 28 with 2607 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Ollie gets it from the boo-boys quite a bit these days, so he's just having a pop back at them.

Is it 'professional'? Probably not.

Is it understandable? Yes - even if it's not if not 'politically correct'.

I think some fans '...doth protest too much'.
Login to get fewer ads

Holloway slams R's fans on 12:38 - Nov 28 with 2597 viewsmakaveli1882

Holloway slams R's fans on 22:45 - Nov 27 by ted_hendrix

He's out of order if he wants to have a dig at fans then invite a couple to be interviewed stood next to him so at least they'll have a right of reply, of course that's not possible so he should keep his gob shut and not alienate himself from the fan base.

Alternately as the Manager he could maybe serve up the odd performance whereby the paying public would want to stay to the end.

Stay at home my arse

Agree with Ted,

I agree with everything Ted said.

I feel really f'cked off this morning, nothing to do with being precious I am just angry with our loony geriatric manager playing up to the cameras yet again!

I left early and though I am glad Rangers pulled it back I certainly do not feel I have missed out on anything this morning. 

I have supported this bloke since I have been going (1993) so a big chunk of my Rangers life has been around Ian Holloway but I have lost all respect for him now. 

Rather than alienating the small fan base that we have maybe he should concentrate on - 

- Winning a London derby - scraped two draws against Millwall (lucky) Brentford (even luckier) losing to Fulham, and we will lose to all three away games quite comfortably. 

- Away record - That's because we have the worst away record in all 4 leagues, and trust me there a lot more
teams than us in all four diversions that are working on smaller budget, more to do with tactics and very odd team selections.  

His own record - Only Birmingham have lost more games (27) than us since Ian Holloway took over last November (24)

The fact we have 1 point from 4 games

Or maybe the fact we have lost our last 3 games to Brentford and being 2-0 after 81 minutes on a cold monday night just before christmas many people would not have had us to come back and draw 2-2. 

Also has mackie got some dirty pics of him or something?? being Rangers through and through does not make it ok, same goes for Ollie and Bircham. 

The bloke has a very hard job and we are on a shoestring and last thing we need is another manager change, but if he left now I would not care at all, personally think he owes the fans an apology.     
Holloway slams R's fans on 12:40 - Nov 28 with 2586 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Holloway slams R's fans on 12:32 - Nov 28 by Fearless

Haha - fair enough

Having seen rangers at over 100 grounds, must be the worst business decision I ever made
That’s not to say I disagree with you

There’s many reasons for leaving early or not attending when you’ve already paid for your ticket - and I agree I’m sure Holloway regrets his comments or wishes he’d phrased it better

Anyway, great draw in the end, look forward to Leeds on Saturday week.
I won’t be at PNE, still stung by them Singing “time to go” when we lost 5-0

Yeah I think we've all been conned Bernard Madoff style.
Holloway slams R's fans on 12:40 - Nov 28 with 2585 viewsmakaveli1882

Holloway slams R's fans on 09:08 - Nov 28 by NW5Hoop

The thing is, most of us don't demand he be sacked, or shout abuse, or give him any stick. But once in a while, when it's bloody freezing and we're playing badly and it's another terrible London derby on TV and I've got my kid with me and we're both bored rigid … it just doesn't seem worth it to stay. I could stay 100 times at 2-0 down and see it finish 2-0. Or 3-0. Or 4-0. I don't begrudge him thanking the fans who stayed, and saying he's glad the the team gave them something back. But I hate it when people try to make divisions between "true" fans and those not worthy. We all support the team in our own way; there isn't a right way or a wrong way. I go to every home game — not so many away games because it always looks like a hiding to nothing, and I feel like I'm working seven days a week — and I don't think anyone who gets well paid to manage a football team, especially one in difficulties as we are, has the right to call out people who are there through it all, not giving up because the times are thin.

brilliant post that and spot on.
Holloway slams R's fans on 12:43 - Nov 28 with 2569 viewsBlackCrowe

Holloway slams R's fans on 12:38 - Nov 28 by makaveli1882

Agree with Ted,

I agree with everything Ted said.

I feel really f'cked off this morning, nothing to do with being precious I am just angry with our loony geriatric manager playing up to the cameras yet again!

I left early and though I am glad Rangers pulled it back I certainly do not feel I have missed out on anything this morning. 

I have supported this bloke since I have been going (1993) so a big chunk of my Rangers life has been around Ian Holloway but I have lost all respect for him now. 

Rather than alienating the small fan base that we have maybe he should concentrate on - 

- Winning a London derby - scraped two draws against Millwall (lucky) Brentford (even luckier) losing to Fulham, and we will lose to all three away games quite comfortably. 

- Away record - That's because we have the worst away record in all 4 leagues, and trust me there a lot more
teams than us in all four diversions that are working on smaller budget, more to do with tactics and very odd team selections.  

His own record - Only Birmingham have lost more games (27) than us since Ian Holloway took over last November (24)

The fact we have 1 point from 4 games

Or maybe the fact we have lost our last 3 games to Brentford and being 2-0 after 81 minutes on a cold monday night just before christmas many people would not have had us to come back and draw 2-2. 

Also has mackie got some dirty pics of him or something?? being Rangers through and through does not make it ok, same goes for Ollie and Bircham. 

The bloke has a very hard job and we are on a shoestring and last thing we need is another manager change, but if he left now I would not care at all, personally think he owes the fans an apology.     

Hard to disagree with any of that. Particularly the last paragraph except i'm not so bothered about the apology bit, just rather he didn't spout off full stop, it's embarrassing.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Holloway slams R's fans on 12:44 - Nov 28 with 2566 viewsPommyhoop

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Holloway slams R's fans on 12:57 - Nov 28 with 2515 viewsDando

It was a freezing night, we were poor all game, we were losing a London derby again...on sky..again... . I think its totally understandable that people just felt like they'd had enough of groundhog day. Great comeback, but why were we in that position in the first place?

I'm sure at 1-0 down most would have stayed, but at 2-0 with injury time left it looked dead and buried and people felt fed up of seeing the same thing again.

Nobody doubts the fight of the team, but I'm personally tired of seeing so many wingers being signed but only benched. The trio of Luongo, Freeman and Scowen is excellent, but teams are finding us out now in this system. Surely we can still accommodate them another way, and get some more width into the side? It feels like the only way we are going to score is feeding on scraps from long balls. Whats happened to the flowing quick football we were playing earlier this season? Yes there are injuries, but there are plenty of flair options available.

Still frustrates me that Mackie starts near enough every game. Surely we should be getting ahead with a more talented side, and bringing him on later in the game - whether its to chase down tired defenders or to give the fans a boost.
Holloway slams R's fans on 13:00 - Nov 28 with 2503 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Holloway slams R's fans on 12:22 - Nov 28 by A40Bosh

I suspect that Ollie would counter that commenet with, "yes mate, I make you right, you should be able to leave when you want and I was over emotional straight after the game, but 'ere in our cave, when our backs are against the wall, we need you to stay those times when you does feel like leaving, and continue to shout the team on and encourage them, cos those boys was trying their socks off and they never gives in"

Easy enough for him to say of course, cos like you say he is paid to be there, but I think the abuse he was getting off the Brentford fans got the better of him last night and probably some stuff he picks up from elements of the SAR stand behind him at times.

Great post mate
Holloway slams R's fans on 13:02 - Nov 28 with 2498 viewsrobith

Verbal recriminations??????????

Dear lord
Holloway slams R's fans on 13:06 - Nov 28 with 2469 viewsLongsufferingR

I very rarely leave early. Last night we looked like we could play all night and not score, despite no lack of effort, so I left on 92 minutes.

Do I regret it? Yes.

Did Holloways' remarks upset me? Not in the slightest.

Did he have a right to complain? Yes.

Did I have a right to leave early? Yes.

Forget it, no worries, point gained. How this has got to five pages so far is beyond me.
Holloway slams R's fans on 13:54 - Nov 28 with 2351 viewsMelakaRanger

I only watched on tv as I am 6 hrs drive from the ground. I didn’t hear any booing on the tv.

But I couldn’t blame anyone from leaving early. We were being rightly beaten by a better team at 90 mins. As a paying customer you have very right to leave when you wish.

The last match I went to was Home against Burton. We were utterly attrocious. I left at 85 mins, many had left before me.

Ollie should be careful not to alienate the fans, many who are giving him much more latitude than at times he deserves.
Holloway slams R's fans on 14:32 - Nov 28 with 2274 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ian Taylor getting it in the neck on Twitter now too.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2017 14:40]
Holloway slams R's fans on 14:57 - Nov 28 with 2211 viewstoboboly

Holloway slams R's fans on 14:32 - Nov 28 by BazzaInTheLoft

Ian Taylor getting it in the neck on Twitter now too.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2017 14:40]

Taylor shouldn't be replying. Personally I think he is a d1ck but I know others have had very good communications with him. However either way he shouldn't be rising to things and certainly shouldn't be talking QPR on his personal account.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Holloway slams R's fans on 15:11 - Nov 28 with 2185 viewsNW5Hoop

Holloway slams R's fans on 11:45 - Nov 28 by daveB

It's very thin skinned though for fans to get upset about it, I'm sure he'll apologise in the next few days but he had a point, not just about those leaving early but all night it was a white flag waving crowd, very little support, groans every time the ball was given away. Too many turned up last night expecting to lose and showed nowhere near the kind of fight and never say die attitude that the players are showing
[Post edited 28 Nov 2017 11:46]

It's not thin skinned. It's really annoying when you've spent quite a lot of money on your football club to get home and be told the manager doesn't want you there.

And like everyone else, I love Loftus Road when it's rocking, but there are very good reasons accumulated over several years for why it doesn't get that way very often. They're not Holloway's fault, but they're damn well not the fans' fault. Too many overpaid players making too little effort playing too poor football. That's changing. But it doesn't go from complete disillusionment to frantic support overnight. Atmosphere comes with momentum: the more good performances the team strings together, the better the atmosphere gets. The more the crowd is convinced the team has the strength and, at times, talent to take on bigger teams and beat them, the better the atmosphere gets. One reason for the lack of atmosphere at the moment is that even when we have a full strength side, we never know which team is going to turn up — the one that deserved to beat Wolves, or the one that rolled over for Forest. People turned up last night expecting QPR to lose because … it seemed very likely that was what would happen. And until the end of injury time, that likelihood was only confirmed. It's hard to cheer and shout when you're watching your team be overrun.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not up in arms about Holloway. I tend to work on the assumption that anyone who can get a job as a football manager knows more about how to run a team than I do. I have no problem understanding they must have reasons for picking players I think are rubbish, or playing systems I don't think will work. And I am sure they are reasons that would never have occurred to me, because I'm not a football manager and I don't know all the complexities that come into play. So, except in those periods where I have come to hate the club — the Redknapp era — I try not to moan about managers. Even with Hughes I tried to see the bright side.

But I don't think it's right for Holloway to dig out fans who did nothing worse than leave a dire game in the freezing cold when Rangers were 2-0 down at the death. It leaves a sour taste.
Holloway slams R's fans on 15:19 - Nov 28 with 2153 viewsEsox_Lucius

Was anyone else still watching when Goss got the winner in the warm down?

The grass is always greener.

Holloway slams R's fans on 15:27 - Nov 28 with 2122 viewsdaveB

Holloway slams R's fans on 15:11 - Nov 28 by NW5Hoop

It's not thin skinned. It's really annoying when you've spent quite a lot of money on your football club to get home and be told the manager doesn't want you there.

And like everyone else, I love Loftus Road when it's rocking, but there are very good reasons accumulated over several years for why it doesn't get that way very often. They're not Holloway's fault, but they're damn well not the fans' fault. Too many overpaid players making too little effort playing too poor football. That's changing. But it doesn't go from complete disillusionment to frantic support overnight. Atmosphere comes with momentum: the more good performances the team strings together, the better the atmosphere gets. The more the crowd is convinced the team has the strength and, at times, talent to take on bigger teams and beat them, the better the atmosphere gets. One reason for the lack of atmosphere at the moment is that even when we have a full strength side, we never know which team is going to turn up — the one that deserved to beat Wolves, or the one that rolled over for Forest. People turned up last night expecting QPR to lose because … it seemed very likely that was what would happen. And until the end of injury time, that likelihood was only confirmed. It's hard to cheer and shout when you're watching your team be overrun.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not up in arms about Holloway. I tend to work on the assumption that anyone who can get a job as a football manager knows more about how to run a team than I do. I have no problem understanding they must have reasons for picking players I think are rubbish, or playing systems I don't think will work. And I am sure they are reasons that would never have occurred to me, because I'm not a football manager and I don't know all the complexities that come into play. So, except in those periods where I have come to hate the club — the Redknapp era — I try not to moan about managers. Even with Hughes I tried to see the bright side.

But I don't think it's right for Holloway to dig out fans who did nothing worse than leave a dire game in the freezing cold when Rangers were 2-0 down at the death. It leaves a sour taste.

I don't think it's right that fans can dig out players saying they didn't try when they clearly do but it still happens. When you watch the interview on the offish and read the quotes it really is a fuss over nothing, Ok he shouldn't say don't come back but he's clearly just pumped up and doesn't actually mean that.

Reading people on twitter saying they are returning season tickets over this is ridiculous.

I've no problem with people leaving early last night but it seems daft to then get the hump when Holloway points out they missed something special by leaving early. He's trying to create a dressing room and a club that fights till the end, he's got that with his players but not with the fans yet. In years gone by people would have laughed at this, now it causes a meltdown
Holloway slams R's fans on 15:30 - Nov 28 with 2111 viewsNW5Hoop

Holloway slams R's fans on 15:27 - Nov 28 by daveB

I don't think it's right that fans can dig out players saying they didn't try when they clearly do but it still happens. When you watch the interview on the offish and read the quotes it really is a fuss over nothing, Ok he shouldn't say don't come back but he's clearly just pumped up and doesn't actually mean that.

Reading people on twitter saying they are returning season tickets over this is ridiculous.

I've no problem with people leaving early last night but it seems daft to then get the hump when Holloway points out they missed something special by leaving early. He's trying to create a dressing room and a club that fights till the end, he's got that with his players but not with the fans yet. In years gone by people would have laughed at this, now it causes a meltdown

1. He says don't come back. Whether he means it or not, he shouldn't have said it. I have no problems with players and managers getting fed up of being abused. But no one was being abused last night. A lot of cold, bored, despairing people went home a little bit early.
2. I'm not returning my season ticket.
3. People aren't getting the hump because he said they missed something special. They're getting the hump because he said they should stay at home. He told supporters who give lots of their time and money to the club that he doesn't want them.
Holloway slams R's fans on 15:33 - Nov 28 with 2098 viewsPommyhoop

It's all getting a little bit Theatrical .
We'll be calling Halftime 'The Intermission' next

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024