Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kyle Bartley 14:21 - Aug 8 with 11886 viewssP7qupUf

Signed a new four year deal apparently. Certainly the end of the road for Amat.
Kyle Bartley on 01:19 - Aug 10 with 1620 viewsJBT95

It's amazing how people who, other than being a fan, have had nothing to do with professional football all think Bartley is crap, yet Monk, Williams and Clement have all rated the guy highly.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2017 1:25]
Kyle Bartley on 06:08 - Aug 10 with 1577 viewsheadcleaner

Kyle Bartley on 01:19 - Aug 10 by JBT95

It's amazing how people who, other than being a fan, have had nothing to do with professional football all think Bartley is crap, yet Monk, Williams and Clement have all rated the guy highly.

What just because they are in the game they know best and never get things wrong? Really. Christ, I remember when Martinez thought that pintado was an 8 million pound player and owain tudor-jones was a nailed on future Wales captain.

Monk not like he never made a bad managerial decision.
Kyle Bartley on 08:09 - Aug 10 with 1537 viewsnantywatcher

Kyle Bartley on 06:08 - Aug 10 by headcleaner

What just because they are in the game they know best and never get things wrong? Really. Christ, I remember when Martinez thought that pintado was an 8 million pound player and owain tudor-jones was a nailed on future Wales captain.

Monk not like he never made a bad managerial decision.

Mm - sounds like your hacked off at being overlooked for the Belgium job.
Kyle Bartley on 09:14 - Aug 10 with 1505 viewsawayjack

I think as fans we go on what we see. What I've seen of Bartley when playing he looks well below PL standard and more suited to hoof-ball in Championship. If he improves great but brave if PC gives him extended run in PL.
Kyle Bartley on 15:54 - Aug 10 with 1424 viewsTrundle10

Paul Clement reveals why he handed Kyle Bartley a new contract

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/paul-clement-given-kyle-bartley-1345

I trust his judgment 👍🏻 Far too much hyperbole from tne usual suspects
Kyle Bartley on 16:02 - Aug 10 with 1418 viewsDr_Winston

Kyle Bartley on 15:54 - Aug 10 by Trundle10

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/paul-clement-given-kyle-bartley-1345

I don't see "because Huw Jenkins said I had to" as one of the reasons.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Kyle Bartley on 16:15 - Aug 10 with 1391 viewspencoedjack

Kyle Bartley on 16:02 - Aug 10 by Dr_Winston

I don't see "because Huw Jenkins said I had to" as one of the reasons.

I hope he makes me eat my words (& unlike some I will be the first to admit if I'm wrong)

Leadership, being English & dominate in both areas are not the reasons I believe he is not good enough to be a PL footballer & worthy of a new 4 year contract

Time will tell
[Post edited 10 Aug 2017 16:55]
Kyle Bartley on 16:19 - Aug 10 with 1387 viewsMorfa_Same

Kyle Bartley on 15:54 - Aug 10 by Trundle10

With all due respect to Clement, he's never seen Bartley play a competitive match for us. He only had to wait another 3 days for a chance to assess him. Why the hurry? He already had a whole year to run on his contract. Surely even those who think Bartley is a good player must see the folly in this decision?
Login to get fewer ads

Kyle Bartley on 20:57 - Aug 10 with 1301 viewsNirvana

Kyle Bartley on 09:14 - Aug 10 by awayjack

I think as fans we go on what we see. What I've seen of Bartley when playing he looks well below PL standard and more suited to hoof-ball in Championship. If he improves great but brave if PC gives him extended run in PL.

Agree 100%, Away.

Bartley has looked subpar with us, I don't think anyone can really honestly refute that. Playing for the Swans, he has appeared a Championship player. He then went on loan in the Championship and supposedly excelled to the point we're asking £7m+ for him. Admittedly, I don't watch the Championship, so I have little idea if this is true or not.

I did watch one Leeds vs. Norwich match last season when I was bored and interested in how Bartley, Pablo Hernandez, and Alex Pritchard were doing. It ended 3-3, with Bartley arguably being at fault for two of those goals. He scored a scruffy tap-in, but I wasn't impressed by the overall performance. He was routinely out of position, and Norwich should've scored even more. He's not a good footballer like Mawson is, either, something that would help compensate for his deficiencies.

But again, I'm not a Leeds fan, so maybe he was immense. They seem to want him badly, and that has been difficult for me to grasp. I think we should take the money and run, personally. But he's definitely better than VDH, in my opinion, and if that's what it boils down to then I'm glad we have him around.
Kyle Bartley on 21:21 - Aug 10 with 1277 viewsFlashberryjack

Kyle Bartley on 16:19 - Aug 10 by Morfa_Same

With all due respect to Clement, he's never seen Bartley play a competitive match for us. He only had to wait another 3 days for a chance to assess him. Why the hurry? He already had a whole year to run on his contract. Surely even those who think Bartley is a good player must see the folly in this decision?

We want in excess of £7 million for Bartley, if he's only got a year left on his contact, it would be folly not to give him one.
Otherwise in 6 months time he'd be signing a pre- contract agreement with Leeds, picking up a nice little singing on fee in the process and we'd get foook all..

"With six months or less remaining on an existing contract for players aged 23 or older, they are free to negotiate with other clubs and sign a pre-contract agreement, indicating their ability to move to their intended club on a Bosman transfer when the next transfer window opens".

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Kyle Bartley on 22:06 - Aug 10 with 1240 viewsTNT

You weren't at Anfield then.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Kyle Bartley on 00:08 - Aug 11 with 1201 viewsawayjack

Kyle Bartley on 21:21 - Aug 10 by Flashberryjack

We want in excess of £7 million for Bartley, if he's only got a year left on his contact, it would be folly not to give him one.
Otherwise in 6 months time he'd be signing a pre- contract agreement with Leeds, picking up a nice little singing on fee in the process and we'd get foook all..

"With six months or less remaining on an existing contract for players aged 23 or older, they are free to negotiate with other clubs and sign a pre-contract agreement, indicating their ability to move to their intended club on a Bosman transfer when the next transfer window opens".

Should've taken the £7/8m for Bartley and focus on quality like PC old mate Badstuber to join for relative peanuts. Rumours yet again we were too slow over Summer per usual.
Bartley hasn't shown any qualities of PL defender to date. Hopefully he'll develop with age but fear he'll just be another drain on our costs, without providing the quality cover we need at CB.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024