Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kyle Bartley 14:21 - Aug 8 with 11885 viewssP7qupUf

Signed a new four year deal apparently. Certainly the end of the road for Amat.
Kyle Bartley on 15:32 - Aug 8 with 1773 viewspencoedjack

Kyle Bartley on 15:26 - Aug 8 by Dr_Winston

Paul Clement does. Take it up with him. What you or I think is irrelevant.

And you've spent years claiming that he was barely league standard when last season demonstrated that he's clearly much better than that, so perhaps central defenders aren't your forte either?

This post has been edited by an administrator

There is little likelihood of me being able to tell PC (if it's his decision) that he got this wrong.

So as it's a forum for Swans fans do you think a player who has made 16 appearances in 5 years should receive a new 4 year contract ?
Kyle Bartley on 15:32 - Aug 8 with 1776 viewsoldcob

Why can't people accept his game has improved as a result of a full season at Leeds. He wouldn't be my first choice, but an adequate cover I think.
Kyle Bartley on 15:36 - Aug 8 with 1762 viewsandypitt56

Kyle Bartley on 15:30 - Aug 8 by shandyjack

Did PC offer it to him or was it done by Gonzo.

I think people need to take a look a realise that we are swansea and not man city... He is good enough back up. Clement obviously thinks he can improve him, fernandez is a totally different player since clement came in perhaps bartley can be the same. Also he has only ever came in for a game or two. You cannot get up to speed playing like that.
Kyle Bartley on 15:38 - Aug 8 with 1752 viewsshandyjack

Kyle Bartley on 15:32 - Aug 8 by oldcob

Why can't people accept his game has improved as a result of a full season at Leeds. He wouldn't be my first choice, but an adequate cover I think.

12 yellows in 42 games, 1 in every 3.5 games, against lesser opposition than he will face this season. He is a liability and will cost us if he is to be relied upon for a strecth of games

Poll: Expectation for the season

Kyle Bartley on 15:39 - Aug 8 with 1745 viewspencoedjack

Did it improve when he was loaned to Birmingham?

Or (At Arsenal)

Loaned to Sheffield Utd twice

Or

Rangers twice

Anyway I'm glad some posters are happy ...
Kyle Bartley on 15:41 - Aug 8 with 1742 viewsvetchonian

Kyle Bartley on 15:32 - Aug 8 by pencoedjack

There is little likelihood of me being able to tell PC (if it's his decision) that he got this wrong.

So as it's a forum for Swans fans do you think a player who has made 16 appearances in 5 years should receive a new 4 year contract ?

He played a whole season in the championship fpr Leeds last season with rave reviews,
PC has seen him through the summer and obviously likes something...there have also been murmerings of potential interest from other clubs so possibly the 4 years are about maximising future transfer value. Who knows these days who is leading theses things form a business perspective is it Pearlman? or is ti HJ? Maybe the Yanks think this is how it should be done
Maybe at the present time the 4 year deal is is to ensure we have a "capable" if not outstanding CB cover at not an extorionate price .....and ensure his agent has nt hawked him around.
Nothing surprises at the club anymore...the Gylfi saga is another case in point

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Kyle Bartley on 15:43 - Aug 8 with 1739 viewsTim_Harry

In the past I'd probably be the first to drive him to any club that showed the slightest bit of interest in him.

He has the physical attributes to be a very effective centre half, but he was often way too rash in his challenges. He'd dive in when standing his ground was the better option. I'd imagine a coach with Clement's experience in the defensive side of the game will relish the chance to tidy up the rough edges.

I didn't see any of his games at Leeds, but the experience of regular first team football will have done him the world of good. His reputation certainly seems to have improved.

Well worth keeping around as first choice back up to Fede and Alfie.
Kyle Bartley on 15:43 - Aug 8 with 1736 viewsUppa_Swans

Being posted out on loan numerous times doesn't necessarily mean a player's time is over. Harry Kane flattered to deceive for Norwich, Leicester, Leyton Orient and Millwall before it happened for him.

Clement is a far better judge of character than any of us on here, and I'm more than happy to trust his judgement given the impact he had on the rest of the side. Not particularly bothered how bad Bartley was 2 years ago. As stated, so were many others in the team.
Login to get fewer ads

Kyle Bartley on 16:00 - Aug 8 with 1672 viewspencoedjack

Kyle Bartley on 15:43 - Aug 8 by Uppa_Swans

Being posted out on loan numerous times doesn't necessarily mean a player's time is over. Harry Kane flattered to deceive for Norwich, Leicester, Leyton Orient and Millwall before it happened for him.

Clement is a far better judge of character than any of us on here, and I'm more than happy to trust his judgement given the impact he had on the rest of the side. Not particularly bothered how bad Bartley was 2 years ago. As stated, so were many others in the team.

Harry Kane was 20 when his loan spells ended Bartley has had 10 years of them

No doubt he will come back a decent player 1 day 👍
Kyle Bartley on 16:03 - Aug 8 with 1666 viewsUppa_Swans

Bartley's only 2 years older than him and led Leeds very well last season.
Kyle Bartley on 16:13 - Aug 8 with 1627 viewsLiam

Kyle Bartley on 14:35 - Aug 8 by pencoedjack

Dr Winston will be over the moon with this news.

Obviously PC has not watched any of his games he has played for us in the PL or the Blackburn or Oxford cup games

A truly shite defender, if FF or Alf get injured we will be playing in the championship next season.

I think you're wrong.

Great move but the club. A youngish English centre back that could be pushing for a starting place this season.

I rate him and think he's demonstrated good character sticking around and earning his place.

Well done Kyle!
Kyle Bartley on 16:14 - Aug 8 with 1624 viewsraynor94

Exactly the way I have come round to thinking, Clement obviously sees something in him

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Kyle Bartley on 16:17 - Aug 8 with 1606 viewsSwans777

Kyle Bartley on 14:45 - Aug 8 by Uppa_Swans

I'm staggered by the nonsense written so far in this thread. Do you guys have any idea how awful the majority of the team was when Bartley last played in it? Naughton, Mawson, Fernandez all looked shoddy to say the least under previous managers. Kyle Bartley offers us an alternative to the technical/cultured pairing of Mawson/Fernandez and is a proven goalscoring threat. Clearly PC sees something in him.

Well said, my friend.
The nonsense that some Swansea fans talk is unbelievable.
Kyle Bartley on 16:19 - Aug 8 with 1601 viewsCooperman

Four fukking years!!!

Not one or two, or even a stretch to three.

Four fukking years!!!

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Kyle Bartley on 16:21 - Aug 8 with 1592 viewsSwans777

Kyle Bartley on 16:19 - Aug 8 by Cooperman

Four fukking years!!!

Not one or two, or even a stretch to three.

Four fukking years!!!

Strengthens the club's hands , my friend in any potential future transfer.
Kyle Bartley on 16:30 - Aug 8 with 1568 viewsoldcob

Kyle Bartley on 15:38 - Aug 8 by shandyjack

12 yellows in 42 games, 1 in every 3.5 games, against lesser opposition than he will face this season. He is a liability and will cost us if he is to be relied upon for a strecth of games

Mesa had 16 yellows in less games last season. No-one suggesting he shouldn't be anywhere near the side. It shows a players competitive edge. Okay occasionally it costs you, but not as much as a player with no commitment would.
Kyle Bartley on 16:34 - Aug 8 with 1545 viewsE20Jack

He is a good defender and his attitude seems first rate. He probably will never be a starter, but it is impossible to keep a squad happy when they all are at the calibre to be starting PL players. You have to have a tapered squad

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Kyle Bartley on 16:34 - Aug 8 with 1540 viewstomdickharry

Like many things only time will tell,to coin a phrase"cheap option".
Kyle Bartley on 16:36 - Aug 8 with 1533 viewsBLAZE

What's the point in loaning players out if we're not gonna reward their progress and achievements. He had a great year in the Championship and has earned another shot at the big league in my book. I'll agree that 4 years is a long contract mind, and think that at 26 he needs to grasp his next opportunity

The dislike has always been a tad hysterical though, imo
Kyle Bartley on 16:40 - Aug 8 with 1520 viewsDarran

Kyle Bartley on 16:36 - Aug 8 by BLAZE

What's the point in loaning players out if we're not gonna reward their progress and achievements. He had a great year in the Championship and has earned another shot at the big league in my book. I'll agree that 4 years is a long contract mind, and think that at 26 he needs to grasp his next opportunity

I'd give him a game alongside Mawson on Saturday to see what he's got.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Kyle Bartley on 16:45 - Aug 8 with 1500 viewsvetchonian

Kyle Bartley on 16:34 - Aug 8 by tomdickharry

Like many things only time will tell,to coin a phrase"cheap option".

OK lets say Clem has been given a budget to fund players ,we all know we need to strenghten at RB, we need a striker option and potentially midfield ..we also need CB cover maybe Clem has weighed the options and decided the "cheap option" gives him more options elsewhere!
The langht of contract I suspect is more to do with future transfer values

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Kyle Bartley on 16:46 - Aug 8 with 1495 viewsDyfnant

One thing for sure, his performances for us can only improve.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Kyle Bartley on 16:53 - Aug 8 with 1465 viewsLegend83

I'm very excited about this new signing!

I feel we are about to go to the next level!
Kyle Bartley on 16:53 - Aug 8 with 1465 viewsWhiterockin

He has had 12 months managed/coached by an excellent defender. Say what you like about Monk but he knew how to defend.During that 12 months he has had excellent reviews and come back here and the manager likes what he has seen.

Give the boy a break and let's see what he can do, it could well end up saving us a lot of money.
Kyle Bartley on 17:23 - Aug 8 with 1407 viewsDyfnant

Kyle Bartley on 16:53 - Aug 8 by Whiterockin

He has had 12 months managed/coached by an excellent defender. Say what you like about Monk but he knew how to defend.During that 12 months he has had excellent reviews and come back here and the manager likes what he has seen.

Give the boy a break and let's see what he can do, it could well end up saving us a lot of money.

His games for us under Monk were varying levels of sh1te. Let us prey

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024