Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corbyn to take part tonight 12:32 - May 31 with 32069 viewsJango

Could be what decides the outcome either way
Corbyn to take part tonight on 01:09 - Jun 2 with 2160 viewsEbo

Corbyn to take part tonight on 16:45 - Jun 1 by Darran

I tend to agree with you on the first part Lis,I also reckon if she'd tried to catch Corbyn out by agreeing to appear on the live debate at the last minute like he did she'd have got a slaughtering off freaks like Ebo.

I think they're both cùnts myself.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Corbyn to take part tonight on 10:42 - Jun 2 with 2106 viewsLohengrin

Corbyn to take part tonight on 00:12 - Jun 2 by Kilkennyjack

You have not read the book have you ?

You are completely wrong.
Michael Foot had one political hero - and that hero was Nye.
Hence the dedicated book.

And of course the fact he succeeded Nye as MP for Ebbe Vale in 1960 is a total fluke as well.

Warra fecking muppet. 🤡

I'm on home territory here, Killy. I've read it, both volumes, on numerous occasions. I've read all Foot's books, I've got most of them signed on my shelves. It would be a stretch to say that I 'knew' him though as I've said on here before I did correspond with him on and off throughout my teenage years. I was invited up to tea with him in The Commons when I was thirteen or so. That was marvelous and very kind of him.

As regards Bevan, yes Foot was a great admirer. They first met in 1937 and hit it off immediately. Foot was always predisposed toward a fondness for mavericks and Bevan was certainly one. For his part Bevan was clearly struck not just with the depth and breadth of Foot's intellectualism but with his passion and commitment too. " The young knight-errant" was how Bevan described Foot in the late '30s and it was in this spirit that he afforded Foot an introduction to Max Aitken, Lord Beaverbrook.

Now that quote you attribute..."I loved him, not merely as a friend, but as a second father" was, as Warwick correctly pointed out, Foot's tribute to Aitken NOT Bevan. It features in every biography, in every obituary. If you're looking for glowing references to Bevan you can find plenty, but that isn't one of them, Killy.

I once told Foot that he was by far a superior politician to Bevan, to my young way of thinking. "Don't be so bloody daft!" he told me. I still think that's undeniable. In the run-up to war Bevan drew far closer to the communists than a man of conscience could brook. Foot did not. Bevan's career holds a litany of positional flip-flops and a record of walking away when he couldn't have his way, Foot's does not. Foot had an adherence to principle and a constancy to purpose practically unrivaled in the twentieth century, inconceivable in the twenty first.

In 1942 Michael Foot spoke in London on the subject of press freedom in wartime, it was during his tenure as editor of The Evening Standard. View him here between 6:36 - 9:06 and see the man in essence. It's a genuine tour-de-force. You'll not see its like again any time soon.

[Post edited 3 Jun 2017 6:34]

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Corbyn to take part tonight on 13:03 - Jun 2 with 2067 viewsWarwickHunt

Corbyn to take part tonight on 00:12 - Jun 2 by Kilkennyjack

You have not read the book have you ?

You are completely wrong.
Michael Foot had one political hero - and that hero was Nye.
Hence the dedicated book.

And of course the fact he succeeded Nye as MP for Ebbe Vale in 1960 is a total fluke as well.

Warra fecking muppet. 🤡

I've read the book (books, actually - and most of his essays), however, it's fairly obvious you haven't...you colossal fûcking dolt.

Loh's erudite* reply may be a tad long for your limited attention span so here's the relevant part for you -

Now that quote you attribute..."I loved him, not merely as a friend, but as a second father" was, as Warwick correctly pointed out, Foot's tribute to Aitken NOT Bevan. It features in every biography, in every obituary. If you're looking for glowing references to Bevan you can find plenty, but that isn't one of them, Killy.

Got it now, fûckwit?

*it's not a brand of glue, Killy.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2017 13:09]
Corbyn to take part tonight on 21:45 - Jun 2 with 1985 viewsKilkennyjack

Corbyn to take part tonight on 13:03 - Jun 2 by WarwickHunt

I've read the book (books, actually - and most of his essays), however, it's fairly obvious you haven't...you colossal fûcking dolt.

Loh's erudite* reply may be a tad long for your limited attention span so here's the relevant part for you -

Got it now, fûckwit?

*it's not a brand of glue, Killy.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2017 13:09]

I much prefer Loh's informed reply thanks.

Your further post contributes absolutely nothing.

My point stands in that Nye was Foots hero.
Thats it.
He was, so thats that.

Did you get bullied at school ?
You seem very angry. Problems with women ?

Ah yes - and feck off 👍

Beware of the Risen People

Corbyn to take part tonight on 22:02 - Jun 2 with 1966 viewsraynor94

Corbyn to take part tonight on 21:45 - Jun 2 by Kilkennyjack

Thats it.
He was, so thats that.

Ah yes - and feck off 👍

I was wrong, come on Kilks you can do it

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Corbyn to take part tonight on 00:18 - Jun 3 with 1927 viewsWarwickHunt

Corbyn to take part tonight on 21:45 - Jun 2 by Kilkennyjack

Thats it.
He was, so thats that.

Ah yes - and feck off 👍

Fûck me - you're thick aye.
Corbyn to take part tonight on 02:38 - Jun 3 with 1904 viewsMeraki

Hah love it
Corbyn to take part tonight on 10:05 - Jun 3 with 1859 viewsShaky

An excellent performance by Corbyn I thought, at once informed, relaxed and reasonable. With the latter 2 points a more or less radical departure from the norm, that I strongly suspect are the result of serious coaching from PR consultants, pollsters, spin doctors, etc.

In other words the class traitors and Blairite counter-revolutionaries hitherto much reviled and completely ostracised by JC's acolytes. The leadership may actually have grown up; thank fcuk for tha!t
[Post edited 3 Jun 2017 10:16]

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Login to get fewer ads

Corbyn to take part tonight on 00:04 - Jun 4 with 1780 viewsEbo

Turns out that zero contract boy was lying and is in fact from a wealthy family. Looks like it was a tory plant in the audience.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024