Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kazenga LuaLua to sign on loan (Dave Mac) 11:46 - Jan 10 with 9228 viewsDieByYourSide

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-agree-loan-deal-brighton-winger

Always seemed like a decent enough player

Poll: And it's hi ho

Kazenga LuaLua to sign on loan (Dave Mac) on 17:14 - Jan 11 with 1369 viewsNW5Hoop

He's spoken to the press now.

"It's always been my dream to leave a well-run club looking certain for promotion, in order to spend five months at a shambles who are flirting with relegation. As a winger, I was especially impressed by the manager's unwillingness to play any of the wingers already at the club — I think we could all form a tight unit at the training ground and on the bench. For me, this move is all about ambition — the club's ongoing ambition to be the fourth best club in west London — and I hope me and the rest of the lads can help QPR achieve that. I'm excited to be playing at Loftus Road, in front of that incredible atmosphere — a couple of times when I've been here with Brighton I've heard a few blokes make some noise, usually by shouting 'F*ck off Henry, you useless pile of sh*t", and I'm sure the crowd will get behind me the way they do the other lads, by allowing me up to 60 minutes before telling me to eff off back to Brighton. This is definitely one of the most exciting challenges I've ever had in early January 2017."
[Post edited 11 Jan 2017 17:15]
Kazenga LuaLua to sign on loan (Dave Mac) on 17:48 - Jan 11 with 1330 viewsBoston

If Lua Lua wants to play , he will do well.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Kazenga LuaLua to sign on loan (Dave Mac) on 17:53 - Jan 11 with 1312 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Kazenga LuaLua to sign on loan (Dave Mac) on 17:14 - Jan 11 by NW5Hoop

He's spoken to the press now.

"It's always been my dream to leave a well-run club looking certain for promotion, in order to spend five months at a shambles who are flirting with relegation. As a winger, I was especially impressed by the manager's unwillingness to play any of the wingers already at the club — I think we could all form a tight unit at the training ground and on the bench. For me, this move is all about ambition — the club's ongoing ambition to be the fourth best club in west London — and I hope me and the rest of the lads can help QPR achieve that. I'm excited to be playing at Loftus Road, in front of that incredible atmosphere — a couple of times when I've been here with Brighton I've heard a few blokes make some noise, usually by shouting 'F*ck off Henry, you useless pile of sh*t", and I'm sure the crowd will get behind me the way they do the other lads, by allowing me up to 60 minutes before telling me to eff off back to Brighton. This is definitely one of the most exciting challenges I've ever had in early January 2017."
[Post edited 11 Jan 2017 17:15]

If only. What a breath of fresh air that would be rather than the endless robotic soundbite bollocks the players and managers spout on a daily basis.
Kazenga LuaLua to sign on loan (Dave Mac) on 19:28 - Jan 11 with 1229 viewsichbinnaughty

I remember watching his brother (Tresor Lomana) single handedly destroy us at home when playing for Colchester in a cup game years ago.
Colchester were a division below us and Tresor got a hatrick I think. Might have even got all four.
Kazenga LuaLua to sign on loan (Dave Mac) on 19:32 - Jan 11 with 1220 viewsNorthernr

Kazenga LuaLua to sign on loan (Dave Mac) on 19:28 - Jan 11 by ichbinnaughty

I remember watching his brother (Tresor Lomana) single handedly destroy us at home when playing for Colchester in a cup game years ago.
Colchester were a division below us and Tresor got a hatrick I think. Might have even got all four.

Matthew Rose still wakes up in the night thinking about that night. Absolute carve up. Somehow we'd won the first leg 2-1 as well!
Kazenga LuaLua to sign on loan (Dave Mac) on 00:01 - Jan 12 with 1136 viewsichbinnaughty

Kazenga LuaLua to sign on loan (Dave Mac) on 19:32 - Jan 11 by Northernr

Matthew Rose still wakes up in the night thinking about that night. Absolute carve up. Somehow we'd won the first leg 2-1 as well!

As much as our rose tinted specs recall the good times in the - what, mid 2000's? (I'm so lazy I haven't googled it) - when we had a core of "real qpr" players and the squad cared and all that; this was an example of when we were maddeningly, er,what, typical QPR.
Getting turned over by lower league opposition. On our own turf.
1-4 I think it was. And we were properly destroyed. I seem to remember Lua Lua got a move not long after that - and it was no surprise either.
If Kazenga is anywhere near as good then we've got a decent player for a few months.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2017 0:04]
Kazenga LuaLua to sign on loan (Dave Mac) on 09:43 - Jan 12 with 1065 viewsFDC

In all seriousness, I can definitely imagine Louis Louis being a great crowd song. Let's hope he's decent so we can give it a go. I'll be at Preston away in Feb, so if you see a bald man trying to get this going on his own, come and say hi.
Kazenga LuaLua to sign on loan (Dave Mac) on 11:19 - Jan 12 with 1005 viewsAntti_Heinola

Kazenga LuaLua to sign on loan (Dave Mac) on 19:28 - Jan 11 by ichbinnaughty

Jesus, he looked like Messi that night. Genuinely thought he was going to be a massive, massive star. We were utterly pathetic, but he was amazing. I remember once he was just pissing about on our 6 yard box, sending defender after defender the wrong way - it was comical (if it hadn't been so embarrassing).

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Kazenga LuaLua to sign on loan (Dave Mac) on 13:56 - Jan 12 with 956 viewsHunterhoop

Kazenga LuaLua to sign on loan (Dave Mac) on 11:19 - Jan 12 by Antti_Heinola

Jesus, he looked like Messi that night. Genuinely thought he was going to be a massive, massive star. We were utterly pathetic, but he was amazing. I remember once he was just pissing about on our 6 yard box, sending defender after defender the wrong way - it was comical (if it hadn't been so embarrassing).

No doubt if the same thing happened now, you'd have fans on here and social media referring to it as "an utter disgrace"; calling it "the worst performance ever"; screaming for the manager and board to be sacked; saying it's clear the players "don't care"; etc; etc.

This sort of thing is QPR. It's been happening for decades. It happened under Holloway (Vauxhall Motors, Southend)

Yet more evidence that what's really changed is the fanbase not the club.
Kazenga LuaLua to sign on loan (Dave Mac) on 14:15 - Jan 12 with 921 viewsrobith

Kazenga LuaLua to sign on loan (Dave Mac) on 09:43 - Jan 12 by FDC

In all seriousness, I can definitely imagine Louis Louis being a great crowd song. Let's hope he's decent so we can give it a go. I'll be at Preston away in Feb, so if you see a bald man trying to get this going on his own, come and say hi.

A song? At Loftus Road? Chance would be a fine thing
Kazenga LuaLua to sign on loan (Dave Mac) on 14:25 - Jan 12 with 890 viewsrsonist

Kazenga LuaLua to sign on loan (Dave Mac) on 13:56 - Jan 12 by Hunterhoop

No doubt if the same thing happened now, you'd have fans on here and social media referring to it as "an utter disgrace"; calling it "the worst performance ever"; screaming for the manager and board to be sacked; saying it's clear the players "don't care"; etc; etc.

This sort of thing is QPR. It's been happening for decades. It happened under Holloway (Vauxhall Motors, Southend)

Yet more evidence that what's really changed is the fanbase not the club.

This has been discussed a lot in general, but I thought the recent guest match report (I forget who the writer was, apologies) made a very sharp point that something that's really gone missing these days is quite simply.... gallows humour. The football has been bad for most of our lives, often worse, but it's only now that we just have these bipolar extremes of ecstastic utopia and furious doom after every match, and no shades of grey inbetween. Obviously it's a wider society thing as much as anything but still.
Kazenga LuaLua to sign on loan (Dave Mac) on 14:35 - Jan 12 with 858 viewsTacticalR

Kazenga LuaLua to sign on loan (Dave Mac) on 16:22 - Jan 10 by Rs_Holy

Excellent we need a Junior Hoillet type player back in the side

Yes, from that Brighton fan description he does sound exactly like Hoilett. Not necessarily a bad thing as long as everyone knows what we're getting and is not expecting him to do what he can't do and he's allowed to do what he can do.

Air hostess clique

Kazenga LuaLua to sign on loan (Dave Mac) on 15:19 - Jan 12 with 818 viewsFDC

Kazenga LuaLua to sign on loan (Dave Mac) on 14:15 - Jan 12 by robith

A song? At Loftus Road? Chance would be a fine thing

No, at Deepdale!
Kazenga LuaLua to sign on loan (Dave Mac) on 15:28 - Jan 12 with 803 viewsHunterhoop

Kazenga LuaLua to sign on loan (Dave Mac) on 14:25 - Jan 12 by rsonist

This has been discussed a lot in general, but I thought the recent guest match report (I forget who the writer was, apologies) made a very sharp point that something that's really gone missing these days is quite simply.... gallows humour. The football has been bad for most of our lives, often worse, but it's only now that we just have these bipolar extremes of ecstastic utopia and furious doom after every match, and no shades of grey inbetween. Obviously it's a wider society thing as much as anything but still.

Completely agree, Rsonist. Spot on.

Remember going about 7/8 years ago to Forest away midweek. Travelled up by car with a few lads from ASB. We lost 5-0, were 3-0 after half an hour. Nigel Quashie's first game back in his second spell. He was visibly struggling to breathe after 20 minutes, let alone keep up a jog. But the gallows humour was brilliant that night.

"In through nose, out through the mouth, Nigel!!"

"If you can't borrow money, Borrowdale"

"Sign him up, sign him up, sign him up", after ever Forest miss in the second half.

Etc, etc.

I still remember it, and, to be honest, I enjoyed it. Camaraderie in the away end was good, gallows humour was great, and it was what is was, a few hundred Rs fans supporting their team get humped. No more, no less. Didn't get home until after 1am; still glad I went.

I'm sure older fans than me can recall similar instances from decades before.

Only now, every result is a disgrace, every poor performance vilified...I'm sure it is linked to wider society, but still, I'd like our fanbase to remember it's true identity, not this pathetic, negative, self entitled Spurs incarnation we have.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024