Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunday roast thread. 17:17 - Nov 26 with 4248 viewsBrightonhoop

Shall we start a sunday roast thread?

I'm going for chicken, on account of the electric going off for 13 hours out of 24 and making me frozen silverside questionable. 16 effing euros. Still, 37/40 at Ipswich.

I'll be working on a bread sauce for practice, and a dollop of ocean spray in the pan top gravy. And stuffing butter, bay leaves and freshly picked lemons up its kayber. Thinking about a mixed cauli and broccolli cheese, but cheese in this context is so wrong, i'm thinking steemed broccolli and peas, with roasted root veg. With ice cream and fig sauce to follow, washed down with a cheeky white riocha. They say Yorkshire pud only with Beef, but I disagree. The best Yorkies are prepped the night before and left to rest in the fridge overnight, if you're inclined. Aunt Bessie need not apply, but might work magic down the Rangers. ffs.
Sunday roast thread. on 17:40 - Nov 26 with 2957 viewsisawqpratwcity

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Sunday roast thread. on 17:46 - Nov 26 with 2928 viewsitsbiga

I do Yorkies with every roast. I don't stand on convention, he never stood on me.

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Sunday roast thread. on 17:50 - Nov 26 with 2923 viewsBrightonhoop

Sunday roast thread. on 17:40 - Nov 26 by isawqpratwcity

Rubbish. That's not Rioja! Doesn't even define it's Country of origin.
Sunday roast thread. on 17:51 - Nov 26 with 2920 viewsBromleyHoop

Tomorrow I will be mostly eating Moroccan Lamb Shanks with chickpeas, butternut squash and Ras el hanout.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Sunday roast thread. on 17:51 - Nov 26 with 2920 views2Thomas2Bowles

Depends on which Iceland dinner they have on offer

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Sunday roast thread. on 17:52 - Nov 26 with 2917 viewsPunteR

Ffs Rangers!.. Oh that reminds me.. Stuffing , don't forget the stuffing.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Sunday roast thread. on 17:53 - Nov 26 with 2912 viewsisawqpratwcity

Sunday roast thread. on 17:50 - Nov 26 by Brightonhoop

Rubbish. That's not Rioja! Doesn't even define it's Country of origin.

Must be for thoselucky bastards in Spain who can pick it up cheap!

Sunday roast thread. on 17:53 - Nov 26 with 2901 viewsitsbiga

Sunday roast thread. on 17:51 - Nov 26 by BromleyHoop

Tomorrow I will be mostly eating Moroccan Lamb Shanks with chickpeas, butternut squash and Ras el hanout.

Don't forget the harissa my friend.

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Login to get fewer ads

Sunday roast thread. on 18:02 - Nov 26 with 2889 viewsBrightonhoop

Sunday roast thread. on 17:53 - Nov 26 by isawqpratwcity

Must be for thoselucky bastards in Spain who can pick it up cheap!

I watered the courgettes with it once hoping for an autumnal marrow. They wilted and died...
Sunday roast thread. on 18:10 - Nov 26 with 2874 viewsisawqpratwcity

Sunday roast thread. on 18:02 - Nov 26 by Brightonhoop

I watered the courgettes with it once hoping for an autumnal marrow. They wilted and died...

They must have preferred it to water and drank themselves silly.

A post-mortem search for the liver would be futile (as would a search for your brain if you insist on tipping Rioja onto the garden!).

Sunday roast thread. on 21:19 - Nov 26 with 2781 viewsDWQPR

Wife and boy away for the weekend so it will be roast spuds with braised lambs hearts and brussel tops. Luvverly!

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Sunday roast thread. on 22:20 - Nov 26 with 2741 viewspaulparker

As much as Mrs P is a top notch missus cooking isn't her strong point
If it's burnt it's cooked is her motto
Sunday dinner falls to yours truly so a top tip LFW chefs
Boil the crap out of your potatoes then add rosemary and garlic to your roasting tray , roast for 40 mins for the perfect roast spuds

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Sunday roast thread. on 22:34 - Nov 26 with 2731 viewsBoston

Sweet lamb of god for me.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Sunday roast thread. on 22:35 - Nov 26 with 2731 viewsjohncharles

I'm a traditionalist. There was a good reason for pubs to open between 12 and 2 on a Sunday. Prepare everything in the morning, have the meat in the oven at quite a high heat at 11.30 then turn it down at 12 not forgetting to bung in the spuds then bugger off down the pub. Very important to leave it alone. No opening and shutting the oven door. None of that basting crap. If want crackling on your pork LEAVE THE BLOODY THING ALONE. Put the veg on when you get home. Pour the wine and make the gravy
Open the second bottle of wine and dish up round about 3.00.

Strong and stable my arse.

Sunday roast thread. on 23:11 - Nov 26 with 2713 viewsBoston

Sunday roast thread. on 22:35 - Nov 26 by johncharles

I'm a traditionalist. There was a good reason for pubs to open between 12 and 2 on a Sunday. Prepare everything in the morning, have the meat in the oven at quite a high heat at 11.30 then turn it down at 12 not forgetting to bung in the spuds then bugger off down the pub. Very important to leave it alone. No opening and shutting the oven door. None of that basting crap. If want crackling on your pork LEAVE THE BLOODY THING ALONE. Put the veg on when you get home. Pour the wine and make the gravy
Open the second bottle of wine and dish up round about 3.00.

Y'mean, 'for twelve'?

Sunday roast thread. on 23:15 - Nov 26 with 2707 viewsBrightonhoop

Jesus fcking wept get a grip I only mentioned it because a man has to have something to look forwards to at the weekend. A roast. And some well hows yer father?

Lamb's a good shout by the way, New Zealand obviously, because Welsh still glows in the dark post Chernobyl.

peace man ffs happy roasting.
Sunday roast thread. on 23:18 - Nov 26 with 2704 viewsBoston

Aside....I'm the shopper in my house. What I've noticed over the years is the extremely good pricing of meat in the UK. When I was first pushing the trolley around an American supermarket the difference was significant, Britain being far more expensive, but over the years it's really balanced out, to a point, especially with lamb, where the better deal is on your side of the pond.

Sunday roast thread. on 23:26 - Nov 26 with 2699 viewsdanehoop

Tomorrow its friends coming over, so I am making roast chicken with roast potatoes, honey and mustard parsnips, yorkshire puddings, brussel sprouts, stuffing and gravy. To make it interesting I am roasting the chicken breasts with zest of lemon and possibly a slim sliver of lemon on top, with some garlic cloves (unpeeled, but slightly crushed). Makes an interesting flavour and adds something to the gravy. The only downside is that my Sunday morning is lost in cooking preparation.

Never knowingly understood

Sunday roast thread. on 23:33 - Nov 26 with 2692 viewsRickyDicky

It's all about the gravy. Pork, beef , lamb, chicken all good. It's all about the gravy. Get the gravy right and the rest is easy.

Proper gravy, throw a few veg into the roasting pan, collect the juices, blitz the lot and thicken with a little flour and butter.

Did I mention it's all about the gravy ?

Poll: Where will we finish next Year. Starting early.

Sunday roast thread. on 23:42 - Nov 26 with 2682 viewsBoston

Sunday roast thread. on 23:26 - Nov 26 by danehoop

Tomorrow its friends coming over, so I am making roast chicken with roast potatoes, honey and mustard parsnips, yorkshire puddings, brussel sprouts, stuffing and gravy. To make it interesting I am roasting the chicken breasts with zest of lemon and possibly a slim sliver of lemon on top, with some garlic cloves (unpeeled, but slightly crushed). Makes an interesting flavour and adds something to the gravy. The only downside is that my Sunday morning is lost in cooking preparation.

That lemon works bloody well with turkey.

Sunday roast thread. on 23:44 - Nov 26 with 2678 viewsPunteR

Crackling. Another good reason to have a sharp stanley knife handy.
Dry the top of the pork with a kitchen towel, than slice that pork skin up.
Sprinkle loads of salt on it, dont be shy, than leave it for half n hour. The salt draws out the moisture from the top. After 30 min wipe the top again and excess salt, so its bone dry. I like to shake some more sea salt on top than slam it in a pre heated oven at 220 degrees for half n hour than turn the heat down to 190 degrees and cook for an hour n half.
You should get pucker crackling and start thinking your Jamie Oliver.

Sunday roast thread. on 23:45 - Nov 26 with 2677 viewsdanehoop

Agree totally. Always a point of contention in the Danehoop household. Mrs Danehoop is a user of Bisto. We have have ad counselling sessions and been to gravy anonymous sessions to try and get her over the problem, but we are always faced with the same problem that she is in denial that its a problem. There are always weak excuses about cost and ease of preparation. At the end of the day I am sure that she knows deep down that her actions are basically just wrong and not acceptable in normal society. I do what I can to support her and try to help her give this unfortunate habit, but its difficult as she picked up the habit so long ago that she now thinks that Bisto is what gravey should taste like. I think that real gravey may just be too big a step for her in one go.

Never knowingly understood

Sunday roast thread. on 00:02 - Nov 27 with 2668 viewsPunteR

Absolutely agree on the gravy thing. My wife sticks beef gravy on chicken! The best gravy is made with the juices of whatever meat your cooking and vegetables .
Athough she does make the best homemade yorkshire pudds.
Sauces are also crucial. My missus and kids put ketchup on their roasts. Honestly, i despair!.

Pork roast - Apple chutney
Lamb - Cranberry sauce or mint
Beef - Horseradish sauce
Chicken - anything but ketchup*

*ketchup should be used in a bacon sandwich on white bread or with chips or anything else apart from a roast.

Sunday roast thread. on 00:05 - Nov 27 with 2667 viewsBrightonhoop

Corn flour,gravy browning? 1959? lol

All I was saying was the football on saturday should be better lol

Roll o n sunday roast.
Sunday roast thread. on 00:10 - Nov 27 with 2659 viewsPunteR

Sunday roast thread. on 00:05 - Nov 27 by Brightonhoop

Corn flour,gravy browning? 1959? lol

All I was saying was the football on saturday should be better lol

Roll o n sunday roast.

Its a good distraction from the football.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024