Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fabianski 16:51 - Mar 12 with 11292 viewslatchford

First priority for next season is a new keeper. Two goals his fault
Fabianski on 18:39 - Mar 12 with 2473 viewsawayjack

Isn't Roberts also coach responsible for our set up / training at corners. If true get shot double time.
Fabianski on 19:14 - Mar 12 with 2438 viewsDavillin

The guidelines for posters who appear only after, and for reacting to, a Swansea City loss:

1. Ignore all reality.

2. Decide whether to use an old and well-used scapegoat, or to display an unusual level of creativity by picking a new one.

3. Blame him in the usual, and very inflammatory, language.

4. Go back into hiding until the next loss.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Fabianski on 19:18 - Mar 12 with 2425 viewsjack247

He hasn't been as good as last season and he did have a bit of a mare today. None of them were complete howlers, but all you would expect him to deal with.

Probably the difference between the sides today, but let's not write him off just yet.
Fabianski on 20:53 - Mar 12 with 2350 viewsLandore_Jack

More like Flapianski.

#backtojack

Fabianski on 20:58 - Mar 12 with 2337 viewsNeathJack

Fabianski on 18:39 - Mar 12 by awayjack

Isn't Roberts also coach responsible for our set up / training at corners. If true get shot double time.

Yes he is.

Time for a shake up in the GK coach/Set piece coach set up.
Fabianski on 20:58 - Mar 12 with 2337 viewsDr_Winston

Questions about the quality of coaching are valid, especially if the same individual is responsible for set pieces as suggested.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Fabianski on 21:31 - Mar 12 with 2301 viewsWingstandwood

Fabianski on 20:58 - Mar 12 by Dr_Winston

Questions about the quality of coaching are valid, especially if the same individual is responsible for set pieces as suggested.

Agree with you entirely with you on that! Corners are bread and butter stuff and IMO there should be absolutely no excuse whatsoever for a club i.e. ANY club of Premier League standard to be woeful, inept or incompetent in that dept.

IMO a major reason for SCFC having a poor season is the abysmal level (Can't defend a corner? Shameful coaching!) of its coaching standards and coaches. The fact Kristian O' Leary, Pep and Beattie were so atrocious they were sacked without any immediate replacement just goes to show how badly things have been run on the training pitch.

For God's sake HJ/board!......... SCFC is Premier League, the club should only bring into the fold the best available and qualified to do the job! Cut the cheapo options and 'jobs-for-the-boys' cr@p.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2016 21:32]

Argus!

Fabianski on 21:35 - Mar 12 with 2285 viewsLeonisGod

Fabianski on 18:05 - Mar 12 by ymaohyd

All keepers in the Prem will have 'worldy' games, consistency is the barometer. Fab for me not good enough over the season.

Whether that is down to the coach, no idea. We must all get away from the mentality that the Swans should be 'grateful' for having a decent keeper.

We hopefully will be a prem club next season, at this point as someone who knows absolutely nothing about what constitutes a good keeper, apart from the obvious, worldy saves, I'd say he's not good enough.

Trouble is to find a better keeper than Fab (and I've been critical in the padt as his distribution is awful at times and he can flap at crosses), for a team like us, with our budget, will be very, very difficult. Vorm was exellent in his first season, but Fab is streets ahead of him. I think Fab is the least of our worries.
Login to get fewer ads

Fabianski on 21:45 - Mar 12 with 2265 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Fabianski on 19:14 - Mar 12 by Davillin

The guidelines for posters who appear only after, and for reacting to, a Swansea City loss:

1. Ignore all reality.

2. Decide whether to use an old and well-used scapegoat, or to display an unusual level of creativity by picking a new one.

3. Blame him in the usual, and very inflammatory, language.

4. Go back into hiding until the next loss.

I haven't seen any of the game but I'm amazed reading this thread. Fab has saved us far more points than than he's lost us. He's probably our best ever keeper, or would some like Corn or Doris back. The defence that's supposed to protect him is and has been a problem for a long time now. Blame them

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Fabianski on 21:59 - Mar 12 with 2248 viewsSwanzay

Fabianski on 21:45 - Mar 12 by Brynmill_Jack

I haven't seen any of the game but I'm amazed reading this thread. Fab has saved us far more points than than he's lost us. He's probably our best ever keeper, or would some like Corn or Doris back. The defence that's supposed to protect him is and has been a problem for a long time now. Blame them

What an OP post, Im amazed! Fabi has certainly earned us mort points than he has cost us.
Fabianski on 00:19 - Mar 13 with 2158 viewsSwangurdsson

To say that our priority is a new keeper is deluded. Yes, Fabianski's distribution can be poor at times and he had an off-day today, but surely the fact that we've only scored 30 goals all season rings a bell? We need a striker who can score us ~20 goals a season ; a Michu or a Bony player.
Fabianski on 05:55 - Mar 13 with 2117 viewsSwansNZ

He wasn't at fault for the goals, but possibly could have done better - I'm sure he'd agree with that.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Fabianski on 07:22 - Mar 13 with 2090 viewsphact0rri

Fabianski on 21:35 - Mar 12 by LeonisGod

Trouble is to find a better keeper than Fab (and I've been critical in the padt as his distribution is awful at times and he can flap at crosses), for a team like us, with our budget, will be very, very difficult. Vorm was exellent in his first season, but Fab is streets ahead of him. I think Fab is the least of our worries.

his distribution is pretty shabby, I agree. But at the posts he's been more on than off for me. He has had a few off matches like that sunderland match. but for most match days he's been letting things slip in that aren't going to be saved.

Are there better keepers? Yes. But for us he's miles better than anything we'd be able to get.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Fabianski on 10:11 - Mar 13 with 2017 viewsraynor94

Plain and simple Roberts has to go, nor only has he set Fab back but he's in charge of the defensive set pieces!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Fabianski on 10:28 - Mar 13 with 2001 viewstomdickharry

The question that should be asked is why has Fabianski become so poor,no doubt his confidence has disappeared and he is nowhere near the standard of last season,but why. Posters may well be right in saying that the standard of coaching he is receiving is poor,very little can be done in what left of the season to rectify and no doubt will be part of the summer review,whoever is going to carry that out.
Fabianski on 10:39 - Mar 13 with 1887 viewsStarsky

Fabianski on 10:28 - Mar 13 by tomdickharry

The question that should be asked is why has Fabianski become so poor,no doubt his confidence has disappeared and he is nowhere near the standard of last season,but why. Posters may well be right in saying that the standard of coaching he is receiving is poor,very little can be done in what left of the season to rectify and no doubt will be part of the summer review,whoever is going to carry that out.

In fabinanskis case, it's difficult to soar like an eagle when you're surrounded by turkeys

It's just the internet, init.

Fabianski on 10:40 - Mar 13 with 1887 viewsairedale

I heard there's a woman in Pennard wants her eggs back.
Fabianski on 14:29 - Mar 13 with 1831 viewssP7qupUf

Ok, he made a couple of errors today but he has won numerous points on his own at times. The defending in some in all of the goals left him exposed. The back 4 need more attention than the keeper.
Fabianski on 15:02 - Mar 13 with 1806 viewsjackedup

Fabianski probably played the worst game of his Swansea career, but some of us are going way overboard.

He had to stretch to reach the shot before Gradel scored, and Rangel was running across him, so he probably had to try to redirect the ball at the last split second in order to avoid it bouncing off Rangel; and this might have been part of the reason he didn't punch it properly. Regardless, there should have been someone covering the goal line when he had to come out to punch it. The defenders are not doing well to cover for their goalkeeper.

For the second goal, Fabianski could have done better, but Williams didn't do much to put off the shooter, who was able to put so much force behind the shot that it would have been difficult to stop regardless of whether Fabianski was nearer to the post.

Everyone should be allowed the occasional howler, especially Fabianski, who has so often been the best player for Swansea this season. But I think the defenders should have covered for him more than they did today. It is not fair that so much is expected of their goalkeeper to compensate for poor defensive play.

Swansea could do far worse than Fabianski, who has consistently been among the top 5-7 goalkeepers in this league, IMO.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2016 15:02]
Fabianski on 22:56 - Mar 13 with 1731 viewsUplandsJack

I know for a fact that Fabianski is/was gutted to lose his gk coach from last season as he rated the guy as the best he had ever worked with....
I also know for a fact that he was/is very unhappy with TR coaching techniques. I was even informed that in November/December he was seriously considering his Swans future....
It must have been one of the most stupid decisions ever to appoint the man who never rated our No1 when at Arsenal as his coach here. Oh but wait that title has already been taken by those who allowed gm to take this club back 5 years inside 12-18 months....
Fabianski on 23:13 - Mar 13 with 1715 viewsWingstandwood

Fabianski on 22:56 - Mar 13 by UplandsJack

I know for a fact that Fabianski is/was gutted to lose his gk coach from last season as he rated the guy as the best he had ever worked with....
I also know for a fact that he was/is very unhappy with TR coaching techniques. I was even informed that in November/December he was seriously considering his Swans future....
It must have been one of the most stupid decisions ever to appoint the man who never rated our No1 when at Arsenal as his coach here. Oh but wait that title has already been taken by those who allowed gm to take this club back 5 years inside 12-18 months....

There have been some absolutely insane appointments at this club! I really hope HJ/board have learnt a few lessons from all this? SCFC is a Premier League club that can attract some of the best and pay some of the best qualified and experienced to do the job!

Hang on?...........Let's get zero Premier League experience whatshisname in what with all those multi-millions at stake. Ladies and gentlemen may we unveil to you ex Neath A.F.C manager in Kristian O' Leary!!!!!!

Argus!

Fabianski on 23:20 - Mar 13 with 1709 viewsraynor94

Fabianski on 23:13 - Mar 13 by Wingstandwood

There have been some absolutely insane appointments at this club! I really hope HJ/board have learnt a few lessons from all this? SCFC is a Premier League club that can attract some of the best and pay some of the best qualified and experienced to do the job!

Hang on?...........Let's get zero Premier League experience whatshisname in what with all those multi-millions at stake. Ladies and gentlemen may we unveil to you ex Neath A.F.C manager in Kristian O' Leary!!!!!!

Can't remember you bleating about Pascoe

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Fabianski on 00:10 - Mar 14 with 1679 viewsjackedup

I've seen the replay of the first goal several times, and Fabianski's punch would have been fine if it hadn't bounced off Rangel's left arm, which directed it straight to Gradel. It was bad luck, not a mistake on Fabianski's part.
Fabianski on 10:52 - Mar 14 with 1617 viewsjasper_T

When he is good he is very, very good, but when he is bad he is horrid.

We would have beaten Man City at the end of last season but for a Fabianski nightmare. Worth it for all the points he'd won us before that, though.

I've said it before but of all the Spaniards we've lost Javier Garcia was the biggest blow.
Fabianski on 11:57 - Mar 14 with 1593 viewsDevz00

Fabianski on 10:52 - Mar 14 by jasper_T

When he is good he is very, very good, but when he is bad he is horrid.

We would have beaten Man City at the end of last season but for a Fabianski nightmare. Worth it for all the points he'd won us before that, though.

I've said it before but of all the Spaniards we've lost Javier Garcia was the biggest blow.

I don’t understand the thinking here around Fabianksi not being good enough for us. He is exactly the sort of player who is at our level.
We are a mid-table Premier League side operating on one of the smallest budgets in the league.

Fabianksi has had games where he looks like a top 3 keeper and he has also had games where he’s made massive errors. If he didn’t have those errors in him then he would still be at Arsenal, not Swansea.

Players like Routledge and Dyer, over the years they have been excellent for us, but they’ve never moved on to a higher level because they don’t have the 10 goals a season that the bigger clubs require from their wingers, or for every perfect cross there are 6 bad ones. The bigger clubs wouldn’t stand for this. We have to make do and do the best we can with players like this. In Routs case, he was at bigger clubs than us and dropped down because he never scored in the Premier League.

Shelvey is another. He can be absolutely brilliant and then go missing for large periods. That’s why Liverpool didn’t want him and we took the gamble.

I could go on and on with basically our entire squad. Bony left to a top side because he was absolute quality, although even he had rough patches. It shows the sort of player we had on our hands and it’s true what they say about not knowing what you’ve got until it’s gone. I don’t think that he was ever fully appreciated while he was here.

For us to attract the next level of players we have to pay more money and become a more attractive club, in terms of size and ambition. We’ve broken our wage structure for the likes of Ayew and Gomis in the aim of attracting these sorts of players. You could argue that both haven’t worked for different reasons but that’s another argument. On the other side of my point, the size of the club is seen as small because we have a small ground for a start. Expand the stadium and build the fan base and we’ll be seen as a bigger draw.

EDIT: didn't mean to quote you there Jasper_T last poster but it links in with your first comment.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2016 11:58]

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024