Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shelvey 16:32 - Jan 12 with 7478 viewsJackfath

If Mr Curtis was aware he was going to go two days after the FA CUp match why play him? Could have got injured and it would have meant the lazy underachiever staying in Swansea disrupting us.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Shelvey on 16:35 - Jan 12 with 4016 viewsOldjack

Did he know then?

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Shelvey on 16:36 - Jan 12 with 4002 viewsItchySphincter

A question put to me elsewhere earlier and I can honestly not think of a reasonable answer. Odd. Curt even said on Friday morning that he would play - can't believe this transfer just happened since the weekend.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Shelvey on 16:36 - Jan 12 with 3994 viewsswan65split

As he knew he wouldnt do f all, and then get the send off he deserves after this Seasons displays for us! ..........spoilt brat!
Shelvey on 16:38 - Jan 12 with 3956 views3swan

Shelvey on 16:36 - Jan 12 by ItchySphincter

A question put to me elsewhere earlier and I can honestly not think of a reasonable answer. Odd. Curt even said on Friday morning that he would play - can't believe this transfer just happened since the weekend.

Newcastle wanted one last look at him in a competitive match before finally making their mind up.

Just to make sure he was match fit
Shelvey on 16:40 - Jan 12 with 3929 viewsPegojack

Shelvey on 16:36 - Jan 12 by swan65split

As he knew he wouldnt do f all, and then get the send off he deserves after this Seasons displays for us! ..........spoilt brat!

As I said in my post match comments, I had the distinct impression his stroll over to the fans after the match looked very much a 'goodbye, I'm off' gesture, and not just thanks for your support today. As we all know, it then went a bit sour....
Shelvey on 16:40 - Jan 12 with 3923 viewsmonmouth

It was a weird selection indeed, on all fronts. Injury risk, attitude, form, fitness, and general tw@ttishness of the bloke. Unless he wanted to 'say goodbye' and Curt had agreed. Well he certainly did that. He's probably thinking (well not thinking, but whatever the birds are tweeting inside his skull) that the fans who slagged him off will all be sorry now and unhappy that he's gone.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Shelvey on 16:42 - Jan 12 with 3890 viewsmonmouth

Shelvey on 16:36 - Jan 12 by ItchySphincter

So he did. So cup tieing him too if Nooc had gone through. Even more freaky.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2016 16:42]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Shelvey on 16:49 - Jan 12 with 3812 viewsjasper_T

I think Curt's on a need to know only basis.
Login to get fewer ads

Shelvey on 16:50 - Jan 12 with 3800 viewslifelong

Maybe Mr Curtis wanted to keep Shelvey and selected him to give him one more chance to show that his attitude and performance had improved.
Shelvey on 16:51 - Jan 12 with 3775 viewsdobjack2

He was hardly going to bust his gut or risk injury as he proved. Saved one of our Wednesday team a game. He knew he was off and so must everyone else. Newcastle under ghastly haven't giving a flying one about the fa cup.
Shelvey on 17:00 - Jan 12 with 3678 viewsGlyn1

Shelvey on 16:42 - Jan 12 by monmouth

So he did. So cup tieing him too if Nooc had gone through. Even more freaky.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2016 16:42]

But Newcastle had gone out of the Cup they day before. If negotiations were that close to a deal by Sunday, then Curtis could always have changed his mind and left him out of the side.

As it was, it meant that Leon, Ki and Sygi all had a bit more rest and recuperation.

Personally I'm sorry to see him go and keep thinking he might have an upturn in form like Dyer's start at Leicester, but good luck to the lad.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Shelvey on 17:05 - Jan 12 with 3624 viewsAngelRangelQS

Shelvey on 17:00 - Jan 12 by Glyn1

But Newcastle had gone out of the Cup they day before. If negotiations were that close to a deal by Sunday, then Curtis could always have changed his mind and left him out of the side.

As it was, it meant that Leon, Ki and Sygi all had a bit more rest and recuperation.

Personally I'm sorry to see him go and keep thinking he might have an upturn in form like Dyer's start at Leicester, but good luck to the lad.

Agree with this apart from the good luck part.

I hope new Newcastle go down and his career crashes and burns quite frankly
Shelvey on 17:08 - Jan 12 with 3598 viewsClinton

Inexplicable decision to risk a £12 million deal in a nothing game. Heck of a risk. Maybe we were not sure we wanted him to go and it was only the Oxford match that confirmed it. Unlikely, but the only thing I can think of.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Shelvey on 17:10 - Jan 12 with 3566 viewsJackfath

If Curtis knew he was off it was a massively risky thing to do. Shelvey injured = we lose out on £12M. If he didn't know then we are well and truly phucked.

Either way it's very very odd indeed.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Shelvey on 17:15 - Jan 12 with 3520 viewsOldjack

Shelvey on 17:10 - Jan 12 by Jackfath

If Curtis knew he was off it was a massively risky thing to do. Shelvey injured = we lose out on £12M. If he didn't know then we are well and truly phucked.

Either way it's very very odd indeed.

hang on The geordies ring up on, Monday, can we buy Jon jo off you? we heard he's unsettled with you sheep shaggers ,the rest is history

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Shelvey on 17:16 - Jan 12 with 3505 viewsJackfath

Shelvey on 17:15 - Jan 12 by Oldjack

hang on The geordies ring up on, Monday, can we buy Jon jo off you? we heard he's unsettled with you sheep shaggers ,the rest is history

All in a day? Would have thought it would take longer than that, surely?

Shelvey on 17:17 - Jan 12 with 3495 viewsGroo

Not his fault see

Groo does what Groo does best

Shelvey on 17:17 - Jan 12 with 3487 viewsvetchonian

Curtis told him he if he pulled his socks up in this game he might get his transfer

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Shelvey on 17:18 - Jan 12 with 3477 viewsOldjack

Shelvey on 17:16 - Jan 12 by Jackfath

All in a day? Would have thought it would take longer than that, surely?

two days ,standard contract sign here ,job done

Shelvey on 17:18 - Jan 12 with 3467 viewswestwiltsjack

Not really bothered about playing him on Sunday I'm just amazed at the amount we got for him - 12 Mil! Isn't anybody else surprised (and chuffed) by that? Or have I missed something glaringly obvious?
Shelvey on 17:18 - Jan 12 with 3467 viewsJackfath

Shelvey on 17:18 - Jan 12 by Oldjack

two days ,standard contract sign here ,job done

Not sure there is such a thing as a standard contract these days?

Shelvey on 17:19 - Jan 12 with 3464 viewsJackanapes

MAybe this was all a result of the doodah with the fans. The straw that broke camels back, in which case Curt wouldnt have been aware we were selling him so soon because we werent planning on doing so.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2016 17:21]

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Shelvey on 17:24 - Jan 12 with 3399 viewsJackfath

Shelvey on 17:19 - Jan 12 by Jackanapes

MAybe this was all a result of the doodah with the fans. The straw that broke camels back, in which case Curt wouldnt have been aware we were selling him so soon because we werent planning on doing so.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2016 17:21]

I dont follow.

Shelvey on 17:25 - Jan 12 with 3382 viewsJackanapes

Shelvey on 17:24 - Jan 12 by Jackfath

I dont follow.

Shame.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Shelvey on 17:26 - Jan 12 with 3363 viewsJackfath

Shelvey on 17:25 - Jan 12 by Jackanapes

Shame.

What I should have said was "try writing that in English you thick prick"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024