Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shelvey 16:32 - Jan 12 with 7482 viewsJackfath

If Mr Curtis was aware he was going to go two days after the FA CUp match why play him? Could have got injured and it would have meant the lazy underachiever staying in Swansea disrupting us.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Shelvey on 17:30 - Jan 12 with 1869 viewsBloodyhills

Shelvey on 16:38 - Jan 12 by 3swan

Newcastle wanted one last look at him in a competitive match before finally making their mind up.

Just to make sure he was match fit

He didn't look match fit.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Shelvey on 17:31 - Jan 12 with 1866 viewsJackanapes

Shelvey on 17:26 - Jan 12 by Jackfath

What I should have said was "try writing that in English you thick prick"

I see you must be a little slow. Probably why you teach. Those who can, do. Those who cant, teach.
Anyway for the terminally dull, like yourself.....
We werent planning on selling Shelvey. Then it all kicked off on Sunday and our hand was forced.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2016 17:34]

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Shelvey on 17:32 - Jan 12 with 1852 viewsJackfath

Shelvey on 17:31 - Jan 12 by Jackanapes

I see you must be a little slow. Probably why you teach. Those who can, do. Those who cant, teach.
Anyway for the terminally dull, like yourself.....
We werent planning on selling Shelvey. Then it all kicked off on Sunday and our hand was forced.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2016 17:34]

Init.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Shelvey on 17:34 - Jan 12 with 1840 viewsJackfath

Shelvey on 17:30 - Jan 12 by Bloodyhills

He didn't look match fit.

Never has.

Shelvey on 17:37 - Jan 12 with 1811 viewsJackanapes

Are these the words of a man who knows the player in question is about to be sold?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35273470

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Shelvey on 17:37 - Jan 12 with 1811 viewsNeiltheTaylor

What happened to his private chef?

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Shelvey on 17:38 - Jan 12 with 1799 viewsGlyn1

And yet Opta Joe likes him:

OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe
35% - Since he joined in 2013, Swansea have won 35.4% of their PL games with Jonjo Shelvey in the side compared to 17.6% without. Central.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Shelvey on 17:39 - Jan 12 with 1796 viewsfbreath

Shelvey on 17:37 - Jan 12 by NeiltheTaylor

He ate him

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Login to get fewer ads

Shelvey on 17:40 - Jan 12 with 1785 viewsswan65split

Shelvey on 17:37 - Jan 12 by NeiltheTaylor

*uck it...........

Shelvey on 17:49 - Jan 12 with 1735 viewslondonlisa2001

Shelvey on 17:38 - Jan 12 by Glyn1

And yet Opta Joe likes him:

OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe
35% - Since he joined in 2013, Swansea have won 35.4% of their PL games with Jonjo Shelvey in the side compared to 17.6% without. Central.

shows how misleading these things can be. He was largely in the team last season when our win % was much higher and has been largely out for the past few weeks / months when we've been losing. Nothing to do with him though as we've been worse with him in the team this year than without. We're selling the him of this season not the him of last.
Shelvey on 17:58 - Jan 12 with 1701 viewsjeza739

Shelvey on 17:18 - Jan 12 by westwiltsjack

Not really bothered about playing him on Sunday I'm just amazed at the amount we got for him - 12 Mil! Isn't anybody else surprised (and chuffed) by that? Or have I missed something glaringly obvious?

Im amazed what we're getting. Club could be done for deception or under trade description act. Newcastle should be sectioned for paying that for him.

Its roughly what we paid for wilf....... Think that puts it into perspective.

Glad to see the back of. Never been a fan . had a handful of positive contributions in two seasons and many more negative ones . get rid of Gomis as well and things are looking up, assuming we spend wisely
Shelvey on 18:04 - Jan 12 with 1679 viewsJBG

Huw told Curtis to play him FFS
Shelvey on 18:12 - Jan 12 with 1636 viewsLandore_Jack

#backtojack

Shelvey on 08:11 - Jan 13 with 1524 viewsbonymine

Shelvey on 18:12 - Jan 12 by Landore_Jack

Presume he just had the one bottle as he drove up to Geordieland 'through the night' to sign for them !!

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Shelvey on 08:19 - Jan 13 with 1503 viewsairedale

Shelvey on 17:15 - Jan 12 by Oldjack

hang on The geordies ring up on, Monday, can we buy Jon jo off you? we heard he's unsettled with you sheep shaggers ,the rest is history

Correct, baaing a poor medical of course.

[Post edited 13 Jan 2016 8:24]
Shelvey on 08:23 - Jan 13 with 1476 viewsWatchman

He played to show Newcastle that, that if they wanted him then they had to stump up an extra £2m
All smoke and mirrors stuff

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Shelvey on 08:31 - Jan 13 with 1463 viewsdobjack2

Shelvey on 17:37 - Jan 12 by Jackanapes

Are these the words of a man who knows the player in question is about to be sold?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35273470

Yes: all about the price. If he said JJS is not wanted at this club cue a lower bid. People. Don't always tell the press the truth and very rarely tell the whole truth, just what they want to see in print.
Shelvey on 08:38 - Jan 13 with 1444 viewsLoyal

Shelvey on 08:11 - Jan 13 by bonymine

Presume he just had the one bottle as he drove up to Geordieland 'through the night' to sign for them !!

I can't see Shelvey driving himself anywhere.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Shelvey on 08:41 - Jan 13 with 1438 viewsEdmundo

Shelvey on 17:18 - Jan 12 by westwiltsjack

Not really bothered about playing him on Sunday I'm just amazed at the amount we got for him - 12 Mil! Isn't anybody else surprised (and chuffed) by that? Or have I missed something glaringly obvious?

That's a nice bit of Wonga for someone I was hoping would move in the window.

Just hope we don't get another equally promising but sometimes fecking useless replacement. A striker is the number one issue, so lets get some experience and someone who works hard for 90 minutes 👍

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Shelvey on 08:51 - Jan 13 with 1420 viewsdobjack2

Shelvey on 08:11 - Jan 13 by bonymine

There were many on here who would have been quite happy to drive him up. All he had to do was ask.
Shelvey on 09:29 - Jan 13 with 1370 viewsJackanapes

Shelvey on 08:31 - Jan 13 by dobjack2

Yes: all about the price. If he said JJS is not wanted at this club cue a lower bid. People. Don't always tell the press the truth and very rarely tell the whole truth, just what they want to see in print.

Why then were talks not started until Sunday evening?( from an admittedly sketchy source) If this was all agreed before hand, why wait until Tuesday. Surely they would have done it on Monday? Seems to me this was cobbled together in a hurry.

Edit:- Sketchy source
http://boards.footymad.net/newcastleunited-mad/2109613224/?pg=1
So in talks 11pm Sunday.
The fact is this entire thread is a hamfisted attempt, by a known wum, to cast more doubt on Curts appointment, when in reality we all know there is no way on earth we would have played a player we had already sold, especially in a cup game against a team going full throttle to knock over a big(gish) gun.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2016 9:37]

Shelvey on 09:40 - Jan 13 with 1341 viewsMartyrman57

I understood Jackanapes but u not a literary genius, poster of the year or lifetime achiever like wot Fart is.
Shelvey on 09:46 - Jan 13 with 1330 viewsFatherJack

Shelvey on 09:29 - Jan 13 by Jackanapes

Why then were talks not started until Sunday evening?( from an admittedly sketchy source) If this was all agreed before hand, why wait until Tuesday. Surely they would have done it on Monday? Seems to me this was cobbled together in a hurry.

Edit:- Sketchy source
http://boards.footymad.net/newcastleunited-mad/2109613224/?pg=1
So in talks 11pm Sunday.
The fact is this entire thread is a hamfisted attempt, by a known wum, to cast more doubt on Curts appointment, when in reality we all know there is no way on earth we would have played a player we had already sold, especially in a cup game against a team going full throttle to knock over a big(gish) gun.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2016 9:37]

I read somewhere that Shelvey initially asked for £70k a week which would have made him the highest paid player at Newcastle, they called his bluff and said 'thanks, but no thanks'. Jonjo then had a little rethink on his wage demands before agreeing a lower salary. That to me would explain the slight delay until Tuesday.

Poll: Who will be our first choice centre back pairing by the end of the season?

Shelvey on 09:49 - Jan 13 with 1321 viewsJackanapes

Whatever has happend, we dont need snidey little shytbags stirring the pot.

Shelvey on 09:53 - Jan 13 with 1311 viewsLandore_Jack

Quotes from Shelvey:

I am a home boy myself but you have to love the club you play for.” “I want to assure the fans I will give 100% every week. I won’t shirk a tackle, I will be giving it my all.”

“That obviously relates to my upbringing and where I am from. There’s a lot of similarities in the areas.”

“It’s a council estate in London, there’s a lot of crime and drugs going around. I was brought up well and kept away from that.”

“But you should also not forget where you are from and that’s why I have the tattoo.” “I always go back to see the family. My dad still lives there.”

“I can’t wait to get started. It was great to be at Swansea, it’s a great club.”

“But I just felt as soon as there was interest from Newcastle and they expressed how much they wanted me with Steve McClaren, I felt it was the right time for a new challenge.”

“I am just excited to be here. Just walking around the stadium gives you goosepimples.” “It is an immense feeling to come here.”

“A lot of players say they don´t hear names being sang by the crowd but you do, you know what I mean — and I have never had 52,000 people singing my name so it will be a nice feeling if that happens. ”

#backtojack

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024