Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shelvey 00:43 - Nov 30 with 10771 viewsBonjour

Seems he is the new "escaped goat."

Bit of a joke to be honest.. He didn't have a great game today but was the only midfielder that looked like he might make a difference.

Ki was woeful from minute 1 and Gylfi was ineffective but each time Shelvey made a mistake he got slaughtered by the crowd.

All 3 were below par today - we need to be careful that an uneducated crowd don't get on he back of a very talented youngster and ruin him.
Shelvey on 21:23 - Nov 30 with 1982 viewscurleigh

Shelvey on 20:59 - Nov 30 by Bonjour

Haha. Good old statistics eh?

If I could be arsed I reckon I could find you numerous stats on yesterday and they'd all be different.
I was there and saw it with my own eyes. My mates and I have a running discussion about who should start in midfield so we do pay attention, probably too much, to how they play.

Anyway, it isn't my intention to just slate Ki. I just want to point out that all 3 midfielders were poor/ineffective yesterday but JJS is getting unfairly slaughtered imo.

JJS, Leon and Gylfi for me if all fit, with Ki to come on and see the game out.

Ki before JJS EVERYTIME, Ki didn't have his best game yesterday but this season he has been one of our best players JJS cant seem to last 90 mins.
Shelvey on 21:28 - Nov 30 with 1977 viewsdailew

If I could be arsed I reckon I could find you numerous stats on yesterday and they'd all be different.
I was there and saw it with my own eyes. My mates and I have a running discussion about who should start in midfield so we do pay attention, probably too much, to how they play.

Anyway, it isn't my intention to just slate Ki. I just want to point out that all 3 midfielders were poor/ineffective yesterday but JJS is getting unfairly slaughtered imo.

I doubt whether you'll find a single set of stats (let alone numerous ones) that come anywhere close to backing up your statement of Ki "not winning a tackle/header all game".
[Post edited 30 Nov 2014 23:36]

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Shelvey on 23:13 - Nov 30 with 1889 viewsperchrockjack

Didn't think any individual was woeful.

Some like routs were ineffective buy Gylfi was very very close to winning the game for us.
Small margins..
Have to say our crowd is crap, lifeless, soulless and utterly out passioned by palarse. We have a singular lack if spark stadium wise and quite what people want is beyond me.

We ve also got a Union Jack wrong way round for all to see.

I m beginning to think that as a group we really don't deserve this team club or set up.

When the thrill is gone, it's hard to get it back

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Shelvey on 23:14 - Nov 30 with 1907 viewsScoobyWho

Shelvey on 23:13 - Nov 30 by perchrockjack

Some like routs were ineffective buy Gylfi was very very close to winning the game for us.
Small margins..
Have to say our crowd is crap, lifeless, soulless and utterly out passioned by palarse. We have a singular lack if spark stadium wise and quite what people want is beyond me.

I m beginning to think that as a group we really don't deserve this team club or set up.

Nothing wrong with the Liberty atmosphere, one of the best in the league and recognised as such by many visiting fans. Maybe an off day, but your doing us down again. No need.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2014 23:15]

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Shelvey on 23:21 - Nov 30 with 1876 viewsperchrockjack

No, what I'm doing is giving my observations which you seem to he having trouble with again.

I don't know what is used to quantify atmosphere but if yesterday is anything to go by ,we ain't good. Palace should have got our juices going. They didn't.

looking closely at the players yesterday, they seemed mightily pisssed off and flat. They needed a lift and without doubt, imo ,the palarse crowd gave theirs such.

Pity the general crowd didn't show the passion shown on here.t is a passion is it not not a place simply to post pithy ripostes at one and all.

Our crowd can be very good but we seem to be getting complacent as we re in an exciting great place.
Anyway, after a pain of a Drive home tonight k bid you goodnight

Shelvey on 05:52 - Dec 1 with 1794 viewsDr_Winston

Shelvey on 23:21 - Nov 30 by perchrockjack

No, what I'm doing is giving my observations which you seem to he having trouble with again.

I don't know what is used to quantify atmosphere but if yesterday is anything to go by ,we ain't good. Palace should have got our juices going. They didn't.

looking closely at the players yesterday, they seemed mightily pisssed off and flat. They needed a lift and without doubt, imo ,the palarse crowd gave theirs such.

Pity the general crowd didn't show the passion shown on here.t is a passion is it not not a place simply to post pithy ripostes at one and all.

Our crowd can be very good but we seem to be getting complacent as we re in an exciting great place.
Anyway, after a pain of a Drive home tonight k bid you goodnight

We?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Shelvey on 07:37 - Dec 1 with 1763 viewsNeath_Jack

Shelvey on 23:13 - Nov 30 by perchrockjack

Small margins..

"I m beginning to think that as a group we really don't deserve this team club or set up. "

You're an absolute howler aye. Who's we? Is it the "we" that are backing this club to the hilt with sell out crowds every game? Or is this the fly by night "we" who watch from afar, taking every opportunity we get to knock the club and the area? I fully agree with the latter, this club and city don't need those types at all.

Palace are probably the noisiest away crowd in the country, couple this with an abject display on the field for 60 mins from our team, then you'll get an indication as to why the crowd were a bit flat.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Shelvey on 09:32 - Dec 1 with 1715 viewsZut_Alors

I've come to the conclusion that some will never accept that Jonjo is just one of those players who'll have good and bad days. There's a bit of a high and mighty attitude to him and people forget he's still young. As for the "he's just not suited to our type of football" believers, I suggest they re-watch his contribution toward the end of last season, when he was one of the players who saved us from a very real possibility of relegation.

The same people moaning about him being clumsy will be those moaning about someone like Tom C not getting stuck in. Simple fact is that inconsistency is one of the primary drawbacks of players outside the top-6.
Login to get fewer ads

Shelvey on 09:40 - Dec 1 with 1709 viewsJohnw102

Think a lot miss the point that he is only 22 one for the future, will mature into a top class mid-fielder. IMHO

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Shelvey on 10:37 - Dec 1 with 1690 viewsbluenile

Shelvey on 09:40 - Dec 1 by Johnw102

Think a lot miss the point that he is only 22 one for the future, will mature into a top class mid-fielder. IMHO

I get fed up with the "he's only young" and "he's only 22" comments. The man needs to grow up, and fast. It's a worry every time he's in our own goal area, he rushes into the back of players who are in a corner and facing away from goal thereby giving the opposition an easy free kick. At one point on Saturday we had a throw near the Palace goal area. I watched him and he wasn't even looking at the man taking the throw, he appeared to be elsewhere. It's no good constantly saying he needs time to 'grow up'. I'd be surprised if Monk hasn't been talking to him about his thought processes and concentration. I do believe there's a touch of Gascoigne about him. Not the drinking etc, but the lack of basic intelligence.

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Shelvey on 10:45 - Dec 1 with 1673 viewsperchrockjack

pretty predicable stuff really.

Frankly, not really worth replying to Jobbie as you ve been this pitiful piece of poison for too many years. Unable to have any decent debate ,still holding grudges, still looing to appear a smart arse. YOU AINT.
Neathie...

Truly, yours is just another opinion and you re another sad case on here simply more interested in personal vendettas than dealing with the subject matter.

Lohengrin came into a conversation I had this weekend and the point was made that he has had disagreements with me and many others but has never ever become abusive or in insulting so we need to really understand that and maybe then this board will be a better place.

We had a lovely weekend with MY people ,went to revisit MY city and MY family and MY football club even MY old rugby club. Met people who also moved away -bastards aren't they- and never lost touch with their city, family and friends.

Shelvey on 11:26 - Dec 1 with 1661 viewsDr_Winston

The irony of being called poison by someone who enjoys nothing more than spewing criticism on a team and city he abandoned 30 years ago is not lost on me.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Shelvey on 12:03 - Dec 1 with 1630 viewsperchrockjack

Abandoned? REALLY. Think it through before you post such crap.

Kids get abandoned ,so do puppies after Christmas.

People who move away do not abandon anything, apart from maybe people like you.

I m pretty sure you don't represent the average Jack.

There were countless people there on Saturday that "abandoned " Swansea many years ago but still keep in touch.. What about those who ve moved abroad/ We ve had this shite before and you just want to keep it going .Christ knows why.

Just be grateful Thatcher sold all that housing stock to give you a good living .

Now ,end it for good.

Shelvey on 13:18 - Dec 1 with 1603 views1jack

Shelvey on 09:32 - Dec 1 by Zut_Alors

I've come to the conclusion that some will never accept that Jonjo is just one of those players who'll have good and bad days. There's a bit of a high and mighty attitude to him and people forget he's still young. As for the "he's just not suited to our type of football" believers, I suggest they re-watch his contribution toward the end of last season, when he was one of the players who saved us from a very real possibility of relegation.

The same people moaning about him being clumsy will be those moaning about someone like Tom C not getting stuck in. Simple fact is that inconsistency is one of the primary drawbacks of players outside the top-6.

Nail head hit.
Shelvey on 13:54 - Dec 1 with 1575 viewsBrynmill_Jack

To be fair I think that Ki should operated in the role in front of the DM (Leon) and Shelvey if anything should be the player to bring on instead of Gylfi if he's getting knackered or to give the Iceman a rest. Ki has much more skill for the middle of the park role and the defensive capability to augment Leon when called upon.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Shelvey on 14:08 - Dec 1 with 1485 viewsParlay

Shelvey on 13:54 - Dec 1 by Brynmill_Jack

To be fair I think that Ki should operated in the role in front of the DM (Leon) and Shelvey if anything should be the player to bring on instead of Gylfi if he's getting knackered or to give the Iceman a rest. Ki has much more skill for the middle of the park role and the defensive capability to augment Leon when called upon.

BrynmilJack is in New York you know.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Shelvey on 14:17 - Dec 1 with 1463 viewsperchrockjack

You seem to have been getting some stick on here parlay?

What have done down?

Do you need a chum?

HERE TO HELP

Shelvey on 14:24 - Dec 1 with 1463 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Shelvey on 11:26 - Dec 1 by Dr_Winston

The irony of being called poison by someone who enjoys nothing more than spewing criticism on a team and city he abandoned 30 years ago is not lost on me.

You can't say that about our most dedicated and respected exiled supporters and a fervent advocate of our proud city ..................................

Shelvey on 14:24 - Dec 1 with 1463 viewsParlay

Shelvey on 14:17 - Dec 1 by perchrockjack

You seem to have been getting some stick on here parlay?

What have done down?

Do you need a chum?

HERE TO HELP

No stick at all Perchie. Just the usual two or three anti Monk trolls angered by my reasoning for not beating Palace rather than give them elbow room to bash the club with. The rest of the forum seems to be sneering at their efforts to cover up their intentions which offers great satisfaction.

My post here was a dig at Brynmill for what appeared to be an oddly informed and thought out dig at me, although i cant put my finger on exactly why or what he was/is getting at. Everyone needs a hobby i guess.

Forum celebrity

Shelvey on 14:28 - Dec 1 with 1457 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Shelvey on 14:08 - Dec 1 by Parlay

BrynmilJack is in New York you know.

I only asked a question. You did used to live in Australia did you not? Or were you on a long holiday over there? Either way there's no need to get uppity and confrontational.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2014 14:31]

Shelvey on 14:43 - Dec 1 with 1444 viewsParlay

Shelvey on 14:28 - Dec 1 by Brynmill_Jack

I only asked a question. You did used to live in Australia did you not? Or were you on a long holiday over there? Either way there's no need to get uppity and confrontational.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2014 14:31]

Ive answered you many times. Yes i live there, but im not there at this moment which allowed me to go to Man City away, great atmosphere wasnt it? I assume you went.

Your point?

Forum celebrity

Shelvey on 14:46 - Dec 1 with 1442 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Shelvey on 14:43 - Dec 1 by Parlay

Ive answered you many times. Yes i live there, but im not there at this moment which allowed me to go to Man City away, great atmosphere wasnt it? I assume you went.

Your point?

Was on holiday , both for the Man City and Palace games. So you do live in Australia. Why so defensive?

Shelvey on 14:52 - Dec 1 with 1435 viewsParlay

Shelvey on 14:46 - Dec 1 by Brynmill_Jack

Was on holiday , both for the Man City and Palace games. So you do live in Australia. Why so defensive?

Surprised a mega fan like you would miss that. Ive never denied living in Australia have i? Why so defensive? I just wondered why it was relevant to the threads you keep bringing it up in.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2014 14:58]

Forum celebrity

Shelvey on 14:57 - Dec 1 with 1420 viewsperchrockjack

PARLAY.
Bryn is like a dog I once had.
0nce he s got a sniff of something , he don't let go.

I would have annoyed hi possibly 45/5 years ago by slagging off a fav player or summat. ITS WHAT FANS DO in real time, but on here, its how long, where do you live, sit,shit. Truly incredible that fans are graded on here.

And if you leave Swansea, GOD HELP YOU

Shelvey on 15:00 - Dec 1 with 1422 viewsParlay

Shelvey on 14:57 - Dec 1 by perchrockjack

PARLAY.
Bryn is like a dog I once had.
0nce he s got a sniff of something , he don't let go.

I would have annoyed hi possibly 45/5 years ago by slagging off a fav player or summat. ITS WHAT FANS DO in real time, but on here, its how long, where do you live, sit,shit. Truly incredible that fans are graded on here.

And if you leave Swansea, GOD HELP YOU

Its a weird sniff to not want to let go of though. What does me having a home in Australia have to do with anything that any thread has been discussing. Just bizarre. Sniff away sniffy.

Forum celebrity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024