Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club shop 20:48 - Nov 28 with 5928 viewsThemisinglink

just spoke to the shop manager, tells me he just had the best day since 2010 !!!
On line orders went balistic, and shop was mad all day.so putting an old snap shot
Showing the club shop from 3 years ago on Avftt is a bit sad.just saying.
Club shop on 13:24 - Dec 3 with 1092 viewstonysoprano

TT , top post !
Club shop on 14:35 - Dec 3 with 1073 viewsGrayth

Club shop on 13:04 - Dec 3 by terminallytangerine

I agree with OdinsRaven on this.

People make their choices according to their principles and shouldn't be dictated to by people whose principles are different or who no longer 'give a fudge' about supporting their football team.

I can't see the logic of 'if you hand over money, you're helping him dismantle the club', so it really isn't that simple at all. Arguably it is more damaged by the orchestrated pedalling of hatred which puts the Narnia inspired dream of removing the wicked Oystons above any backing for the football club - its manager, players and supporters who want to, er, support their team, see them avoid relegation and be available to support in the future. This isn't to exonerate the owners from their responsibilities or to deny the importance of continuing to press them for greater stability, more investment and the restoration of pride but it it is to ask whether Oyston baiting should be the be all and the end all of our existence as Blackpool supporters.

I would much rather live in hope than wallow in misery - and can't see any point in people denying young people the opportunity to feel that this is their club and identifying with it, regardless of who the owners are. If the reports on the club shop sales, the packed Seasiders bar at the last home game and the damn pie queues are anything to go by, I am not alone in sharing this view.

So let those who want to cut off their nose to spite their face (and the faces of other people's children?) enjoy their Christmas and those of us who have a different view enjoy ours.

It is still possible to enjoy the experience of being a Blackpool supporter even when times are difficult but so much better when supporters put football first and politics second.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2014 13:07]

Not attempting to dictate anything. If you want to hand Karl Oyston money that you KNOW won't be re-invested into the club, that's entirely your prerogative. As long as you understand that's what is happening. You're NOT backing the football club by buying tacky tat like you would be at any normal football club. You're just handing your money to the man who has removed all the Premier League money from the club while it sinks like a stone.

Did you actually just invite supporters to put football first? Brilliant! The football is what's been destroyed! We have a squad of hopeless players, a starting eleven that won't be here in two months' time and we've won one game all season. That's the football! That line is almost as unconvincing as your 'think of the children' rhetoric. It's all so you don't have to face up to the fact that you're being ripped off and you're funding the Oystons so that they can continue ripping us all off. Nice one.
Club shop on 14:36 - Dec 3 with 1069 viewsMyMoney_MySayPart2

People make their choices according to their principles and shouldn't be dictated to by people whose principles are different or who no longer 'give a fudge' about supporting their football team.

I can't see the logic of 'if you hand over money, you're helping him dismantle the club', so it really isn't that simple at all. Arguably it is more damaged by the orchestrated pedalling of hatred which puts the Narnia inspired dream of removing the wicked Oystons above any backing for the football club - its manager, players and supporters who want to, er, support their team, see them avoid relegation and be available to support in the future. This isn't to exonerate the owners from their responsibilities or to deny the importance of continuing to press them for greater stability, more investment and the restoration of pride but it it is to ask whether Oyston baiting should be the be all and the end all of our existence as Blackpool supporters.

I would much rather live in hope than wallow in misery - and can't see any point in people denying young people the opportunity to feel that this is their club and identifying with it, regardless of who the owners are. If the reports on the club shop sales, the packed Seasiders bar at the last home game and the damn pie queues are anything to go by, I am not alone in sharing this view.

So let those who want to cut off their nose to spite their face (and the faces of other people's children?) enjoy their Christmas and those of us who have a different view enjoy ours.

It is still possible to enjoy the experience of being a Blackpool supporter even when times are difficult but so much better when supporters put football first and politics second.

Well if we're putting football first then enjoy the consistent relegation battles TT.
Club shop on 15:10 - Dec 3 with 1060 viewsterminallytangerine

Club shop on 14:35 - Dec 3 by Grayth

Not attempting to dictate anything. If you want to hand Karl Oyston money that you KNOW won't be re-invested into the club, that's entirely your prerogative. As long as you understand that's what is happening. You're NOT backing the football club by buying tacky tat like you would be at any normal football club. You're just handing your money to the man who has removed all the Premier League money from the club while it sinks like a stone.

Did you actually just invite supporters to put football first? Brilliant! The football is what's been destroyed! We have a squad of hopeless players, a starting eleven that won't be here in two months' time and we've won one game all season. That's the football! That line is almost as unconvincing as your 'think of the children' rhetoric. It's all so you don't have to face up to the fact that you're being ripped off and you're funding the Oystons so that they can continue ripping us all off. Nice one.

If life was all so black and white it would be so easy but unfortunately we live in a world with shadth of grey.

Glad that you are not attempting to dictate anything (in the paragraph before you have another rant) and that you are therefore happy if people choose to buy from the club shop to please their children this Christmas. As a Blackpool supporter who wants to see more young people take pride in their club, I am delighted that they make that choice, regardless of who the money goes to, and in the hope that however grim things are at the moment it does not always have to be that way. I certainly think that's more healthy than teaching them to hate and to sneer at everything connected with the football club.

I'm clearly not only asking the supporters to put football first; I'm also quite keen for the owners to do that as well. There is no monopoly on anger, frustration and a sense of missed opportunity. Nor am I blind to the predicament we are in. I just don't think the end of removing the Oystons justifies the means of creating a cauldron of hatred week after week which does more harm than good and detracts from the enjoyment of going to a game for many people.

So boycott if you want to but don't patronise those who think that it is futile, self-harming, damaging to future generations of football supporters, more likely to exacerbate our current situation than find a solution to it and strains the definition of what it means to being a supporter almost to breaking point.

I have no malice towards the NAPM brigade but am glad for the sake of the future of the club that they are a minority.
Club shop on 15:44 - Dec 3 with 1044 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Club shop on 15:10 - Dec 3 by terminallytangerine

If life was all so black and white it would be so easy but unfortunately we live in a world with shadth of grey.

Glad that you are not attempting to dictate anything (in the paragraph before you have another rant) and that you are therefore happy if people choose to buy from the club shop to please their children this Christmas. As a Blackpool supporter who wants to see more young people take pride in their club, I am delighted that they make that choice, regardless of who the money goes to, and in the hope that however grim things are at the moment it does not always have to be that way. I certainly think that's more healthy than teaching them to hate and to sneer at everything connected with the football club.

I'm clearly not only asking the supporters to put football first; I'm also quite keen for the owners to do that as well. There is no monopoly on anger, frustration and a sense of missed opportunity. Nor am I blind to the predicament we are in. I just don't think the end of removing the Oystons justifies the means of creating a cauldron of hatred week after week which does more harm than good and detracts from the enjoyment of going to a game for many people.

So boycott if you want to but don't patronise those who think that it is futile, self-harming, damaging to future generations of football supporters, more likely to exacerbate our current situation than find a solution to it and strains the definition of what it means to being a supporter almost to breaking point.

I have no malice towards the NAPM brigade but am glad for the sake of the future of the club that they are a minority.

Not sure about the last sentence TT, but otherwise that is post of the month for me.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Club shop on 16:02 - Dec 3 with 1034 viewsHarryHorse

Interesting posts here . For starters if the shop has had its best day since 2010 it doesn't say much for the marketing/product available in the meantime but I can't say I'm surprised . Forward thinking & planning is not KO's forte , so a missed opportunity in my view .

However , Odins has it about right I think and if TT (or anyone else) has kids who want a Blackpool shirt for Christmas I wouldn't deny them that (and they are demonstrating commendably masochistic tendencies which may stand them in good stead in the future) . So , good news if a few more kids are going to support the team & wear Blackpool shirts but not for any other reason.(certainly not financial ones)

Then up comes that word hope again . Some still have it , personally I have none and won't while the present owners are in situ for reasons I and others have outlined on several other threads.The internal politics at Blackpool and the owners' policies have directly affected what has happened on the pitch so I don't see how you can separate the two - sometimes I wish I could
Club shop on 16:06 - Dec 3 with 1032 viewsMyMoney_MySayPart2

Club shop on 15:44 - Dec 3 by basilrobbiereborn

Not sure about the last sentence TT, but otherwise that is post of the month for me.

I love Blackpool (or at least what it used to be) but I'm proud I haven't been to Bloomfield Road for a long time and not put a penny in the club shop.

You're giving money to a man who treats the club like some sh*t on his shoe. You might think it's supporting the club but that's a naive smoke-screen you tell yourself but really the fan's money is never invested back in the club. It'll possibly go on a new car for Sam, what a lovely thought.

And if you think the NAPM brigade are a "minority" then you clearly ignore the dwindling attendances. I don't know for certain but I'd imagine the NAPM brigade were the loudest fans on match days too as it's said BR is a graveyard nowadays.

Oyston Out.
Club shop on 12:47 - Dec 4 with 974 viewsThe_Ghost

Club shop on 16:06 - Dec 3 by MyMoney_MySayPart2

I love Blackpool (or at least what it used to be) but I'm proud I haven't been to Bloomfield Road for a long time and not put a penny in the club shop.

You're giving money to a man who treats the club like some sh*t on his shoe. You might think it's supporting the club but that's a naive smoke-screen you tell yourself but really the fan's money is never invested back in the club. It'll possibly go on a new car for Sam, what a lovely thought.

And if you think the NAPM brigade are a "minority" then you clearly ignore the dwindling attendances. I don't know for certain but I'd imagine the NAPM brigade were the loudest fans on match days too as it's said BR is a graveyard nowadays.

Oyston Out.

Good thread, but I'm sure some will get over excited about it and accuse us from being supporters of the O's.

I haven't bought anything from the club shop for years, and that's not because i'm a NAPM, it's because I'm a tightwad.

Edited to add: I notice that this website prevents you from making double posts, something that was a problem on the olde one.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2014 12:49]
Login to get fewer ads

Club shop on 16:31 - Dec 4 with 955 viewsWest_Stand_Ultra

Club shop on 12:47 - Dec 4 by The_Ghost

Good thread, but I'm sure some will get over excited about it and accuse us from being supporters of the O's.

I haven't bought anything from the club shop for years, and that's not because i'm a NAPM, it's because I'm a tightwad.

Edited to add: I notice that this website prevents you from making double posts, something that was a problem on the olde one.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2014 12:49]

No money for Oyston FC from me ,when it becomes a football club again I will re-invest,I hate what BFC has become ,just a cash cow for an odious family.
Club shop on 17:38 - Dec 4 with 944 viewsterminallytangerine

Club shop on 16:31 - Dec 4 by West_Stand_Ultra

No money for Oyston FC from me ,when it becomes a football club again I will re-invest,I hate what BFC has become ,just a cash cow for an odious family.

Funnily enough when I hand over pounds to this rapacious, money grabbing cash-cow I get a Blackpool shirt, a great value seat in a modern stadium, a pie and a pint of beer in good company - so it's a purchase of something I value rather than a cash donation. That's not to say I don't want more - such as a successful football team, long term planning and a premier league legacy - but it's not a one way transaction as reading this thread you might be led to believe.

And as a previous poster has said it comes down to 'hope'.

Hope's a bugger but it is certainly more pleasant a sensation and life style choice than its close cousin despair or its ugly brother hate. As none of us can see into the future I don't think it is any more naive to believe that there can still be some great moments ahead for Blackpool supporters (even if we do go down this season) than to believe that this is the end of life as we know it. I wouldn't want to deny those same great moments and pride in being a Blackpool supporter to the next generation, hence my delight in the club shop's success.

It would be so much easier if you could change your football club like you change your socks but for many that just isn't possible. Blackpool till I die means just what it says: and if that is naive in the eyes of some ex-supporters, then so be it.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2014 18:12]
Club shop on 18:52 - Dec 4 with 926 viewsWizaard

Club shop on 17:38 - Dec 4 by terminallytangerine

Funnily enough when I hand over pounds to this rapacious, money grabbing cash-cow I get a Blackpool shirt, a great value seat in a modern stadium, a pie and a pint of beer in good company - so it's a purchase of something I value rather than a cash donation. That's not to say I don't want more - such as a successful football team, long term planning and a premier league legacy - but it's not a one way transaction as reading this thread you might be led to believe.

And as a previous poster has said it comes down to 'hope'.

Hope's a bugger but it is certainly more pleasant a sensation and life style choice than its close cousin despair or its ugly brother hate. As none of us can see into the future I don't think it is any more naive to believe that there can still be some great moments ahead for Blackpool supporters (even if we do go down this season) than to believe that this is the end of life as we know it. I wouldn't want to deny those same great moments and pride in being a Blackpool supporter to the next generation, hence my delight in the club shop's success.

It would be so much easier if you could change your football club like you change your socks but for many that just isn't possible. Blackpool till I die means just what it says: and if that is naive in the eyes of some ex-supporters, then so be it.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2014 18:12]

Some good posts on this thread. As TT says, it's good to hear that there are still fans out there who want to ensure their kids are tangerine this Christmas.

When it comes down to it, they don't care about the financial goings on. They just want to see a professional football club, probably their own town club. The politics don't matter.

It's the same debate with the two year season ticket. This might not be popular, but I don't regret it one little bit. I was always going to be at the games so it's a financial deal par excellence as far as I'm concerned. Why would I want to not take that deal on offer?
Club shop on 20:33 - Dec 4 with 910 viewsPlumbs

Club shop on 18:52 - Dec 4 by Wizaard

Some good posts on this thread. As TT says, it's good to hear that there are still fans out there who want to ensure their kids are tangerine this Christmas.

When it comes down to it, they don't care about the financial goings on. They just want to see a professional football club, probably their own town club. The politics don't matter.

It's the same debate with the two year season ticket. This might not be popular, but I don't regret it one little bit. I was always going to be at the games so it's a financial deal par excellence as far as I'm concerned. Why would I want to not take that deal on offer?

'Probably their home town club'.

Many Seasiders fans come from Fleetwood so are you saying they should go and follow the Cods?

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

Club shop on 23:37 - Dec 4 with 888 viewsterminallytangerine

Club shop on 20:33 - Dec 4 by Plumbs

'Probably their home town club'.

Many Seasiders fans come from Fleetwood so are you saying they should go and follow the Cods?

I don't think I could be so cruel as to subject that on anyone!
Club shop on 23:38 - Dec 4 with 888 viewsRusty2Stands

They just want to see a professional football club,

The problem is Wiz, the club under the guidance of KO doesn't act like any other professional football club does.
In fact they don't act like any other professional organisation I can think of.
Which Chairman of any other business or company would openly show such contempt for paying cutomers?
I know you used the word professional in a slightly different context, but I honestly don't think that word could be used to described BFC under the chairmanship of such an unprofessional and incompetent person.
Club shop on 10:15 - Dec 5 with 849 viewsArchibaldKnox

'It's the same debate with the two year season ticket.... I was always going to be at the games so it's a financial deal par excellence as far as I'm concerned. Why would I want to not take that deal on offer?'

Perfectly acceptable opinion. Why not indeed? Everyone has the right to think of themselves FIRST. However, this attitude seems a little blinkered, in that perhaps they are thinking about themselves ONLY, and perhaps disinclined to look at the bigger picture. For whatever reason. The deal may be good for the individual, but is it good for the whole, all the supporters? In terms of the product you get for your 'good' deal, I would dispute that. We have cheap STs but have we also the most expensive seats in terms of entertainment, as measured by £££s per home goal?

I wanted a ST this season, half-believing KO's 'Riga rhetoric'. But there was no way I was going to pay for the 2nd season in advance. I could not see any positives whatsoever for the club, only for the O's. In fact, I could not see any logical reason why the club would want forgo possibly increased revenue next season. Unless the club wanted the extra revenue to front-end player investment for two seasons by paying transfer fees. That obviously was not happening. So the 2-year deal was counter to the club's interest and therefore counter to the fans' interest. Basically, I could not trust the O's not to do a moonlight flit with the second season's money leaving the coffers bare. Or using the extra money to fund Oyston ventures outside the club as the accounts have proven they are doing.

edit: For the avoidance of doubt, we did buy two STs this season as we have for many past. And it wasn't that we couldn't afford the 2-year deal, or that we will not be buying one next season. It was just the trust issue.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2014 13:09]
Club shop on 10:19 - Dec 5 with 848 viewsLala

'It's also Christmas and a time when young seasiders should be encouraged to identify with the team rather than be taught to hate. '

Good shout TT

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Club shop on 10:41 - Dec 5 with 841 viewsWizaard

Club shop on 10:15 - Dec 5 by ArchibaldKnox

'It's the same debate with the two year season ticket.... I was always going to be at the games so it's a financial deal par excellence as far as I'm concerned. Why would I want to not take that deal on offer?'

Perfectly acceptable opinion. Why not indeed? Everyone has the right to think of themselves FIRST. However, this attitude seems a little blinkered, in that perhaps they are thinking about themselves ONLY, and perhaps disinclined to look at the bigger picture. For whatever reason. The deal may be good for the individual, but is it good for the whole, all the supporters? In terms of the product you get for your 'good' deal, I would dispute that. We have cheap STs but have we also the most expensive seats in terms of entertainment, as measured by £££s per home goal?

I wanted a ST this season, half-believing KO's 'Riga rhetoric'. But there was no way I was going to pay for the 2nd season in advance. I could not see any positives whatsoever for the club, only for the O's. In fact, I could not see any logical reason why the club would want forgo possibly increased revenue next season. Unless the club wanted the extra revenue to front-end player investment for two seasons by paying transfer fees. That obviously was not happening. So the 2-year deal was counter to the club's interest and therefore counter to the fans' interest. Basically, I could not trust the O's not to do a moonlight flit with the second season's money leaving the coffers bare. Or using the extra money to fund Oyston ventures outside the club as the accounts have proven they are doing.

edit: For the avoidance of doubt, we did buy two STs this season as we have for many past. And it wasn't that we couldn't afford the 2-year deal, or that we will not be buying one next season. It was just the trust issue.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2014 13:09]

So those not going are thinking of others by never going?

I've never been to a Fleetwood game that didn't involve us playing them. Does that mean I'm thinking of the wider picture?

Some can't get their heads round the fact that you can go to the games and not support everything Oyston does. The overwhelming majority would run the club diferently. I'd go as far as to say that the majority think that by staying away, you're actually harming the club, because the income levels will be even less, and then the fans suffer with the standard of fare available meeting a reduced budget.

This misguided notion that it will drive the Oystons away is based on nothing more than wish fulfilment. If it was working I'd support it, but I see no indication of it doing so. In fact it's reinforcing them by playing up to the obvious stubborn streak we've seen on countless occasions.
Club shop on 11:29 - Dec 5 with 830 viewsLala

Club shop on 10:41 - Dec 5 by Wizaard

So those not going are thinking of others by never going?

I've never been to a Fleetwood game that didn't involve us playing them. Does that mean I'm thinking of the wider picture?

Some can't get their heads round the fact that you can go to the games and not support everything Oyston does. The overwhelming majority would run the club diferently. I'd go as far as to say that the majority think that by staying away, you're actually harming the club, because the income levels will be even less, and then the fans suffer with the standard of fare available meeting a reduced budget.

This misguided notion that it will drive the Oystons away is based on nothing more than wish fulfilment. If it was working I'd support it, but I see no indication of it doing so. In fact it's reinforcing them by playing up to the obvious stubborn streak we've seen on countless occasions.

'Some can't get their heads round the fact that you can go to the games and not support everything Oyston does. '

That is absolutely the problem. Like some can't understand that you can not rate Riga without that meaning you love Oyston. Frustrating.

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Club shop on 12:26 - Dec 5 with 813 viewsterminallytangerine

Club shop on 11:29 - Dec 5 by Lala

'Some can't get their heads round the fact that you can go to the games and not support everything Oyston does. '

That is absolutely the problem. Like some can't understand that you can not rate Riga without that meaning you love Oyston. Frustrating.

It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lala
La-la-la-la Lala.

Couldn't agree more.
Club shop on 14:47 - Dec 5 with 778 viewsAllezBlackpool

Club shop on 12:26 - Dec 5 by terminallytangerine

It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lala
La-la-la-la Lala.

Couldn't agree more.

It would be interesting to see how many of the NAPM brigade have Sky. Sky money goes to the Oystons doesn't it

AVFTT's resident gastronome
Poll: Which Food Items would you like the concourses to sell

Club shop on 15:27 - Dec 5 with 769 viewsjanegallagher

Club shop on 14:47 - Dec 5 by AllezBlackpool

It would be interesting to see how many of the NAPM brigade have Sky. Sky money goes to the Oystons doesn't it

Just to be clear 'NAPM ' is this someone who has not purchased a season ticket and only goes to away games. Could someone clarify

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Club shop on 15:32 - Dec 5 with 762 viewsAllezBlackpool

Club shop on 15:27 - Dec 5 by janegallagher

Just to be clear 'NAPM ' is this someone who has not purchased a season ticket and only goes to away games. Could someone clarify

Its "Not a Penny More" to BFc or the Oystons. Or Sky surely

AVFTT's resident gastronome
Poll: Which Food Items would you like the concourses to sell

Club shop on 17:08 - Dec 5 with 739 viewsHarryHorse

Club shop on 15:32 - Dec 5 by AllezBlackpool

Its "Not a Penny More" to BFc or the Oystons. Or Sky surely

Blimey , under that criteria Jane I've been NAPM virtually all my life ! Always wanted to be a trendsetter

(And I haven't got Sky - fits Allez' criteria too )
[Post edited 5 Dec 2014 17:09]
Club shop on 17:32 - Dec 5 with 731 viewsArchibaldKnox

Club shop on 17:08 - Dec 5 by HarryHorse

Blimey , under that criteria Jane I've been NAPM virtually all my life ! Always wanted to be a trendsetter

(And I haven't got Sky - fits Allez' criteria too )
[Post edited 5 Dec 2014 17:09]

Joining the NAPM brigade is simply a matter of timing and subsequent actions.
You could have bought at ST for this season, or you could have bought one for two seasons. That is all gone. NAPM means no more, No further expenditure. But you might as well go to games you have already paid for. But no pies, no drinks, no souvenirs and no GG. You'll go through the whole evaluation process again in April 2015 when Koko announces the new ticket prices.
Club shop on 01:15 - Dec 7 with 684 viewsArchibaldKnox

Club shop on 17:32 - Dec 5 by ArchibaldKnox

Joining the NAPM brigade is simply a matter of timing and subsequent actions.
You could have bought at ST for this season, or you could have bought one for two seasons. That is all gone. NAPM means no more, No further expenditure. But you might as well go to games you have already paid for. But no pies, no drinks, no souvenirs and no GG. You'll go through the whole evaluation process again in April 2015 when Koko announces the new ticket prices.

Went into the Club shop after the match today for a look around. It was quiet. I was surprised to see Christmas cards, priced at £2.00, with a picture of our chairman on the front. 'Merry Christmas from Karl Oyston', I kid you not...

Gawd, it was a grim picture, with KO looking his dishevelled best, tie askew and grimacing into the distance. And replica players' signatures inside, including Cubero. Is this a greetings card you would want to send your nearest and dearest? What is the mentality in the place? It's all a bit North Korean, as someone pointed out.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024