Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kyle Bartley 09:03 - Aug 10 with 4970 viewsSwanaldinho

Here it is!

Jokes aside I watched Bartleys performance very closely yesterday.

Positives.
He is a goal threat when we get free kicks and corners
He defends well from corners and free kicks in our own area.

Negatives.
Everything else.

One thing that really stood out for me yesterday was when Bartley was caught out of position, slipped trying to get back, nearly gave away another goal then turned around started clapping his hands and shouting at the midfielders as if he was some kind of leader. If I was Shelvey or Ki I would have looked at him and thought "Who the fking hell are you and what the fck are you doing"

It was a terrible performance, we had no shape so you can't blame Bartley for the defeat but I think he definitely played his way on to the Bench for Old Trafford.

Williams was also poor yesterday but I am sure he will be up and running at Old Trafford and I would have to say I would pick Amat as his Partner after yesterday.

I am so gutted Chico has gone, this is a real test for Garry Monk to replace him as its so important.
Kyle Bartley on 09:12 - Aug 10 with 4067 viewsStarsky

Maybe he was trying to gee things up because Captain Williams sure wasn't.
Bartley was better than Williams yesterday

It's just the internet, init.

Kyle Bartley on 09:14 - Aug 10 with 4052 viewsshandyjack

Kyle Bartley on 09:12 - Aug 10 by Starsky

Maybe he was trying to gee things up because Captain Williams sure wasn't.
Bartley was better than Williams yesterday

Not a chance was he,Ash was covering for Bartley all the time, he was hopelessly out of position and kept diving in on tackles when he should be staying on his feet

Poll: Expectation for the season

Kyle Bartley on 09:17 - Aug 10 with 4021 viewsSwanaldinho

It was not Williams best game yesterday but he was still head and shoulders above Bartley.

Williams is a class apart.

Bartley is dogshit. It's as if he is some kind of fraud. What kind of person makes a stupendous fckup then turns around pretending to be Captain Marvel.
Kyle Bartley on 09:20 - Aug 10 with 3994 viewsRancid

I keep saying he's a great athlete and has all the attributes physically to make a very decent centre half but his football brain isn't quite there yet.Playing alongside Ash for a few more games and that should improve, should he get the chance.
Kyle Bartley on 09:46 - Aug 10 with 3856 viewsAl_Bundy

Bartley did nothing at Birmingham on loan. Don't know why some rave about him on here. Amat is marginally better. Kingsley is not up to speed to cover Taylor yet and Rangel is going to be exposed again for pace and will get booked taking one for the team.

Need to address the defence quickly.
Kyle Bartley on 09:51 - Aug 10 with 3822 viewsMrSwerve

Taylor Williams Amat Rangel

Or

Davies Williams Chico Rangel

Which would you prefer?

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Kyle Bartley on 09:55 - Aug 10 with 3787 viewsStarsky

Kyle Bartley on 09:46 - Aug 10 by Al_Bundy

Bartley did nothing at Birmingham on loan. Don't know why some rave about him on here. Amat is marginally better. Kingsley is not up to speed to cover Taylor yet and Rangel is going to be exposed again for pace and will get booked taking one for the team.

Rubbish.
Do you want me to pull up all the reviews of Bartleys stint at Brum?
He even scored 5,goals down there

Kyle Bartley on 10:01 - Aug 10 with 3738 viewsymaohyd

Kyle Bartley on 09:46 - Aug 10 by Al_Bundy

Spot on. Things change quickly in football to a degree that we have gone from having a solid defensive unit to now looking short of quality at centre half, both full back positions and a keeper who isn't a footballing keeper.

When Huw Jenkins gave an interview on the Wembley pitch after Reading he spoke about the Swans desire, instigated by Martinez of keeping the ball...if you achieve 60% then the opposition with their 40%, obviously have far less time to be productive.

In our 3 seasons in the Prem, once the season is 5 odd games in, we have always been around 0 goal difference, possibly up or down one or two. That is all down to possession. Yes teams can easily win with just 20% possession but we rarely get stuffed.

That style has possibly masked the issue that we aren't as good individually at the back as we might think. If GM is going to change our style and give the opposition more possession then we have to dramatically get busy in the transfer market as all of our back 4 aren't good enough to withstand the increased pressure we will now be under.

The keeper will be ok, but Bartley, Rangel, Tiendalli not good enough. Williams, Taylor, Amat just about ok.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Login to get fewer ads

Kyle Bartley on 10:04 - Aug 10 with 3709 viewsStarsky

It was one friendly with key players missing

Kyle Bartley on 10:11 - Aug 10 with 3665 viewsAl_Bundy

So he stood out in a team in the Championship flirting with relegation all season. Whoopee.

Looking forward to a decent signing or two to firm up our defence quality
Kyle Bartley on 10:12 - Aug 10 with 3650 viewsStarsky

Kyle Bartley on 10:11 - Aug 10 by Al_Bundy

So he stood out in a team in the Championship flirting with relegation all season. Whoopee.

Looking forward to a decent signing or two to firm up our defence quality

Well, it's different to what he said now wasn't it Al?
Whoooopieee

Kyle Bartley on 10:42 - Aug 10 with 3541 viewsjack_lord

Hopefully we will be signing a quality centre back very soon as it was obvious yesterday where problems will exist this season. It may have been a friendly but it was the one where it counts as we play for points next week and the players have got to be up to speed.
I prefer Amat to Bartley as I think he is a quality CB and has covered more than adequately for Chico and Williams in the last season. Bartley still needs to improve and with quality at the training ground developing him in the "Swansea Way" then all may be good. One problem though - we need to sign that quality and fecking quick.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Kyle Bartley on 10:56 - Aug 10 with 3459 viewsmagicdaps10

Bartley is a decent centre back but decent is not good enough to be playing week in week out as a premier league centre half. He has all the capabilities to be a top centre half but at present he should be 3rd choice, 4th choice after we bring in Chico's replacement.

We only paid 1M for him so we have time to work with him aswell as his signing of a new contract BUT he is not going o be a superstar straight off. He must be worked with closely on positioning and keeping on his feet, used when first teamers are needing a break and even used occasionally as a DM.........this entitles him to see the pitch fully with the safety net behind him of the 2 centre halves and helps with thinking more about your positional sense.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Kyle Bartley on 11:02 - Aug 10 with 3413 viewsblobby2

DM? You are having a laugh, he's at his worst with the ball at his feet!

on the north bank in 64 currently in 2 seats in the upper east and proudly supporting Wales ONLY premier league team. Prosser is a twonk!

Kyle Bartley on 11:02 - Aug 10 with 3413 viewsDyfnant

Going on last season his speed of thought defending is terrible, at one point yesterday he was chasing his tail like a dog with worms. He's that tall kid from school you pick because he's tall, thankfully I'm confident Monk knows we need a lot better. The board are doing him a massive disservice if they allow us to let Chico leave without an incomer before our 1st home game.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Kyle Bartley on 11:04 - Aug 10 with 3394 viewshobo

I'm baffled how he is ahead of Amat. Must be because he's a ML signing
(No subject) (n/t) on 11:07 - Aug 10 with 3375 viewsDyfnant

Kyle Bartley on 11:04 - Aug 10 by hobo

I'm baffled how he is ahead of Amat. Must be because he's a ML signing

Resting Amat I assume
[Post edited 10 Aug 2014 11:09]

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Kyle Bartley on 11:41 - Aug 10 with 3228 viewsmagicdaps10

If Amat does not start alongside Williams come the seasons start then Monk needs shooting.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Kyle Bartley on 11:43 - Aug 10 with 3205 viewsDarran

Kyle Bartley on 11:41 - Aug 10 by magicdaps10

If Amat does not start alongside Williams come the seasons start then Monk needs shooting.

What if we bring in the new CH from Napoli?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Kyle Bartley on 11:48 - Aug 10 with 3151 viewsJokeren1943

Bartley isn't good enough for Premier League.
Kyle Bartley on 12:42 - Aug 10 with 3002 viewsStarsky

Kyle Bartley on 11:48 - Aug 10 by Jokeren1943

Bartley isn't good enough for Premier League.

...yet

Kyle Bartley on 12:45 - Aug 10 with 2984 viewsDarran

I have to be honest here I've seen nothing in Bartley as a PL player except for a matter of minutes against Everton last season.

If anyone knows if more please point me in that direction.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Kyle Bartley on 12:48 - Aug 10 with 2950 viewsJokeren1943

Kyle Bartley on 12:42 - Aug 10 by Starsky

...yet

If Swansea wanted to use Bartley as a future central defender they needed to give him a year as the main backup, so he slowly can get use to the pace and quality in the Premier League.

We can not afford, using 6-12 months before he will learn the basic. Bartley will get slaughtered.

I would start with Amat/Williams (if not we get a new quality CB) and slowly give Bartley a chance to learn to play with the big boys.

The game yesterday just showed that he is still waaaaay to raw.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2014 12:49]
Kyle Bartley on 12:59 - Aug 10 with 2902 viewsTenkosBlondeWig

I do not understand how we have left it this late coming into the new season to find a new centre back

Bartley and Amat are only good enough to step in now and again. Neither are PL material

Haven't we given Bartley a new 3 year contract ??

The departure of Chico hasn't helped but we should not have allowed him to leave until we have found a top class better replacement

It just seems a bit of a shambles at the moment
[Post edited 10 Aug 2014 12:59]
Kyle Bartley on 13:08 - Aug 10 with 2869 viewsStarsky

Kyle Bartley on 12:48 - Aug 10 by Jokeren1943

If Swansea wanted to use Bartley as a future central defender they needed to give him a year as the main backup, so he slowly can get use to the pace and quality in the Premier League.

We can not afford, using 6-12 months before he will learn the basic. Bartley will get slaughtered.

I would start with Amat/Williams (if not we get a new quality CB) and slowly give Bartley a chance to learn to play with the big boys.

The game yesterday just showed that he is still waaaaay to raw.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2014 12:49]

I don't disagree

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024