Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Iago Aspas 16:08 - Apr 27 with 7399 viewsIAN05

Hope Michael was proud of his performance today for Liverpool. Good job we didn't sign him instead of Bony. To think that we wanted him again in January as well
Iago Aspas on 17:05 - Apr 27 with 1384 viewsNewhousemustscore

Iago Aspas on 16:38 - Apr 27 by Cooperman

Not a joke, more of a fact.

So would you have liked him to have played more? Also can you answer my other 2 questions.
Iago Aspas on 17:06 - Apr 27 with 1382 viewsApeShit

Iago Aspas on 17:01 - Apr 27 by Dr_Winston

Depends whether or not you think it's genius to move a proven goalscoring midfielder into a position he hates playing in rather than leaving him where he's effective and playing a proper striker.

And he didn't score up front then?
Iago Aspas on 17:07 - Apr 27 with 1381 viewsDr_Winston

Iago Aspas on 17:03 - Apr 27 by IAN05

Michu and Bony could work together well with a bit of work on the Training ground. We also need to ensure we have the correct midfield options behind them as our game is bases around possession and winning the ball back.

They haven't had much chance to play together, that's the problem. The early games in Europe it looked like something was starting to click there. Then we'd come to the next league game and Wilf would be on the bench.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Iago Aspas on 17:07 - Apr 27 with 1380 viewsIAN05

Iago Aspas on 17:03 - Apr 27 by ApeShit

I'm not sure what happened with Graham, what do you know?

The rumours I heard, Graham loved a beer and him Joey and Lita smashed up Allen's BMW after a night out.

That's why Allen was driving a smart car about, I know this is fact.

I don't know an awful lot, I know he loved the bookies, but that's about it. His biggeat moans were that he never knew why he wasn't playing, which is never great for a striker and seems to be a recurring theme. Other than thay he had a great season under Rodgers and seemed to have a great attitude, only to look like half the player under Laudrup.
Iago Aspas on 17:07 - Apr 27 with 1379 viewsdgt73

Why the fuk would Laudrup care what sort of performance Aspas had.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Iago Aspas on 17:11 - Apr 27 with 1370 viewsDr_Winston

Iago Aspas on 17:06 - Apr 27 by ApeShit

And he didn't score up front then?

Not as many as he scored from midfield. The teams performance dipped after Graham left and he was basically upfront permanently too.

Like Ian said, it was OK as an emergency fix, but never something that should have been seen as a preferred option.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Iago Aspas on 17:12 - Apr 27 with 1365 viewsJackSomething

Iago Aspas on 17:11 - Apr 27 by Dr_Winston

Not as many as he scored from midfield. The teams performance dipped after Graham left and he was basically upfront permanently too.

Like Ian said, it was OK as an emergency fix, but never something that should have been seen as a preferred option.

Not sure why so many seem to have forgotten this.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Iago Aspas on 17:13 - Apr 27 with 1363 viewsApeShit

Iago Aspas on 17:11 - Apr 27 by Dr_Winston

Fair enough, I haven't got time to check the stats. You might be right, good night.
Login to get fewer ads

Iago Aspas on 18:11 - Apr 27 with 1291 viewsSpratty

"Hope Michael was proud of his performance today for Liverpool. Good job we didn't sign him instead of Bony. To think that we wanted him again in January as well"

Dear dear me Ian I know you are an intelligent enough person, why would you make a statement like that.? It would be an unreasonable question of Bren and he is the one that paid for him and has scarcely played him. Why should it matter to us unless you are actually a Liverpool supporter like many of our fans.

What do we know what he would be like in our team as part of our system used as he was envisaged to be used. Shelvey has been good enough for us but got little game time under Bren (Some supporters wanted him back after today's result).

Do you expect someone who has scarcely been given the opportunity to play to come on and wildly impress. Because despite the crap on here Bony although massively skilled did not impress when he first started playing in our team such that many people were saying he was crap (even those that initially supported him). He needed to be fitted better into our system, so although as far as I am aware he played virtually every game he was fit it had to be balanced with performance so he was not playing full games. Wasn't he even on a special fitness regime?

But really a statement like this is pretty pathetic, like the rest of the bitching of those who can do nothing but criticise someone who gave us our most successful season.

Very sad, but if you think it fair and reasonable knock yourself out.

p.s meant to apologise for misquoting you twice (before Darran banned me). I transposed 2 words when I thought you were grammatically disagreeing with your own statement (which obviously you were not). Should wear my reading glasses. So apologies in retrospect.
Iago Aspas on 18:14 - Apr 27 with 1289 viewsJackSomething

Iago Aspas on 18:11 - Apr 27 by Spratty

"Hope Michael was proud of his performance today for Liverpool. Good job we didn't sign him instead of Bony. To think that we wanted him again in January as well"

Dear dear me Ian I know you are an intelligent enough person, why would you make a statement like that.? It would be an unreasonable question of Bren and he is the one that paid for him and has scarcely played him. Why should it matter to us unless you are actually a Liverpool supporter like many of our fans.

What do we know what he would be like in our team as part of our system used as he was envisaged to be used. Shelvey has been good enough for us but got little game time under Bren (Some supporters wanted him back after today's result).

Do you expect someone who has scarcely been given the opportunity to play to come on and wildly impress. Because despite the crap on here Bony although massively skilled did not impress when he first started playing in our team such that many people were saying he was crap (even those that initially supported him). He needed to be fitted better into our system, so although as far as I am aware he played virtually every game he was fit it had to be balanced with performance so he was not playing full games. Wasn't he even on a special fitness regime?

But really a statement like this is pretty pathetic, like the rest of the bitching of those who can do nothing but criticise someone who gave us our most successful season.

p.s meant to apologise for misquoting you twice (before Darran banned me). I transposed 2 words when I thought you were grammatically disagreeing with your own statement (which obviously you were not). Should wear my reading glasses. So apologies in retrospect.

You're not helping yourself in the argument you're obsessed with ML mate.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Iago Aspas on 18:15 - Apr 27 with 1287 viewsDarran

Iago Aspas on 18:14 - Apr 27 by JackSomething

Pathetic isn't it?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Iago Aspas on 18:41 - Apr 27 with 1259 viewsDr_Winston

"Because despite the crap on here Bony although massively skilled did not impress when he first started playing in our team such that many people were saying he was crap"

All that proves is that many of our supporters are just as clueless about what makes a decent striker as Laudrup was. There were some who realised that Bony was a special player at the time and said so. They have been proven to be bang on.

I believe an extensive thread on the subject has recently been bumped. Might be worth taking the time to read it.

Iago Aspas on 18:45 - Apr 27 with 1246 viewsCooperman

Iago Aspas on 17:05 - Apr 27 by Newhousemustscore

So would you have liked him to have played more? Also can you answer my other 2 questions.

Yes, as there is nothing like game time especially when trying to adjust to life in a new league. There are times when our outstanding lead striker could have been rested.

Other question #1 - nobody
Other question #2 - 6

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Iago Aspas on 19:13 - Apr 27 with 1217 viewsSpratty

Iago Aspas on 18:41 - Apr 27 by Dr_Winston

"Because despite the crap on here Bony although massively skilled did not impress when he first started playing in our team such that many people were saying he was crap"

All that proves is that many of our supporters are just as clueless about what makes a decent striker as Laudrup was. There were some who realised that Bony was a special player at the time and said so. They have been proven to be bang on.

I believe an extensive thread on the subject has recently been bumped. Might be worth taking the time to read it.

Yes I was one of the ones four square behind Bony.

You have evidence that Laudrup did not think he was skilled.

I am well aware of your opinion and your low opinion of those that disagree with you
Iago Aspas on 19:14 - Apr 27 with 1215 viewsIAN05

It was tongue in cheek mate. Lighten up a little, we have just had a great couple of games and avoided relegation, whilst our nearest rivals look doomed. Enjoy it, while it lasts.

With regards Aspas, unfortunately when you do have limited game time you have to take any opportunity that comes your way and he has been poor every time I have seen him. Like I mentioned before, I was never impressed with him in Spain either. You only have to watch any game time to realise that he is not dynamic enough. Intelligent enough or physically strong enough to be a success in the PL. My tongue in cheek comment was more aimed at how relieved I was that Laudrup wasn't able to waste our precious money on a player that wasn't suitable.

Of course, I'm not a Liverpool fan, as you well know. My passion lies in the Swans and the Swans only. Any love I have for anyone involved with our club starts when they join and ends when they leave. It may serve you better to have a similar outlook, you may enjoy your time supporting us more.

No need to apologise for your incorrect grammar policing 😉. Its just a forum its just banter.
Iago Aspas on 19:16 - Apr 27 with 1167 viewsSpratty

Iago Aspas on 18:14 - Apr 27 by JackSomething

What as obsessed as those that think we owe Garry the managers job and he can cram up over the pre-season?

Simple question - do you really believe the OP was a reasonable question.
Iago Aspas on 19:25 - Apr 27 with 1152 viewsIAN05

Iago Aspas on 19:16 - Apr 27 by Spratty

What as obsessed as those that think we owe Garry the managers job and he can cram up over the pre-season?

Simple question - do you really believe the OP was a reasonable question.

A reasonable question ? It is a fans internet forum not Prime Ministers questions.

You need to make sure you avoid Twitter, as Mr Laudrup has had a hammering on there today over Aspas . All kinds of 'unreasonable' questions and comments on there.

Put aside your Laudrup obsession for a while and bask in the glory of Premier League football safety.
Iago Aspas on 19:28 - Apr 27 with 1147 viewsShaky

Agreed Spratty.

The OP here ranks right up there in the cheap shot department.

No wonder the guy won't answer a straight question repeatedly put, when he hates Laudrup so much as to stoop so low.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Iago Aspas on 19:31 - Apr 27 with 1136 viewsIAN05

Iago Aspas on 19:28 - Apr 27 by Shaky

Agreed Spratty.

The OP here ranks right up there in the cheap shot department.

No wonder the guy won't answer a straight question repeatedly put, when he hates Laudrup so much as to stoop so low.

Go on then, I will humour you. What are these straight questions that I'm avoiding then ?
Iago Aspas on 19:41 - Apr 27 with 1115 viewsDrizzy

I called out Aspas as overrated long before anyone else on here. He racked up a mediocre scoring record against sh*t La Liga teams. Short, weak, lacking pace and devoid of confidence. He's Liverpool's own Vazquez. Good pedigree, sh*t player.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2014 19:41]

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Iago Aspas on 19:42 - Apr 27 with 1115 viewsShaky

Iago Aspas on 19:31 - Apr 27 by IAN05

Go on then, I will humour you. What are these straight questions that I'm avoiding then ?

You will humour me? Arrogance at its finest.

Let me tell you something, IAN05; first of all this was months ago.

Secondly you seem to be primarily concerned with putting out the board's spin and position to the unwashed masses. As a past member of the Trust board, I was rather hoping that your focus would have been the other way round.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Iago Aspas on 19:44 - Apr 27 with 1107 viewsDarran

Iago Aspas on 19:42 - Apr 27 by Shaky

You will humour me? Arrogance at its finest.

Let me tell you something, IAN05; first of all this was months ago.

Secondly you seem to be primarily concerned with putting out the board's spin and position to the unwashed masses. As a past member of the Trust board, I was rather hoping that your focus would have been the other way round.

Do what questions were they?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Iago Aspas on 19:47 - Apr 27 with 1101 viewsShaky

Iago Aspas on 19:44 - Apr 27 by Darran

Do what questions were they?

Not entirely sure what you mean there, Darran, but if you are enquiring as to the nature of my unanswered questions I suggest you employ the messageboard's advanced and powerful search features to look it up yourself.

Me, I'm nursing a massive hangover.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2014 19:48]

Misology -- It's a bitch

Iago Aspas on 19:50 - Apr 27 with 1091 viewsPrivate_Partz

Reading this thread you would wonder how we managed to score any goals under ML. One of our best performances was when we did not play any strikers.
As an aside, signing in a striker is one of the most difficult and costs a shed load of money. Huw is on record as saying that he disagrees with that. I would bet ML selections for this role were curtailed somewhat.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Iago Aspas on 19:56 - Apr 27 with 1072 viewsSpratty

Iago Aspas on 19:25 - Apr 27 by IAN05

A reasonable question ? It is a fans internet forum not Prime Ministers questions.

You need to make sure you avoid Twitter, as Mr Laudrup has had a hammering on there today over Aspas . All kinds of 'unreasonable' questions and comments on there.

Put aside your Laudrup obsession for a while and bask in the glory of Premier League football safety.

Yep but you cannot fight ignorance on every front hey

It was you who brought Laudrup up - perhaps you should take your own advice
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024