Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Getting old... 12:47 - Feb 3 with 3144 viewsllangyfelach

Its hit me like a sledgehammer the last couple of weeks that I'm no spring chicken any more. I can't drink like I did in my 20's (and I was pretty sh*t at it then). Went out last weekend to watch the darts and was like death warmed up on Sunday AND Monday.

Went out on Saturday to watch the football and the rugby. Was out at 1, home by 8. Thought I was ok when I woke up yesterday, so went shopping. Nearly spewed my ring up there so had to make a quick exit. Went back to bed "for an hour" at half 1 and woke up at 7pm. Went back to sleep at 8 and woke up at 6am this morning.

I turn 40 in a few weeks, and by f*ck am I feeling it

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

Getting old... on 12:51 - Feb 3 with 2338 viewsperchrockjack

Just turned 64 and thankfully Im right up with it. No really. All I have to annoy me is Arthritis in my wrists but I can still play guitar to a degree .
My old sports injuries are now scar tissue but my point is -you re still young so get it on.
I go to Gym mostly every day and have my friends on PS to keep my mind fresh.
Lord s been good to me.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Getting old... on 12:56 - Feb 3 with 2327 viewsllangyfelach

Its subtle things that I'm noticing more and more - complaining about the weather, commenting on modern "music" etc. Priorities are changing - like looking forward to the weekend to have a lie in.

In my head I'm still 9, but my body is ramming home the fact that I'm not

Getting old... on 13:02 - Feb 3 with 2313 viewsperchrockjack

Getting old... on 12:56 - Feb 3 by llangyfelach

Its subtle things that I'm noticing more and more - complaining about the weather, commenting on modern "music" etc. Priorities are changing - like looking forward to the weekend to have a lie in.

You also get to realise those who think they are right are often wrong.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Getting old... on 13:12 - Feb 3 with 2286 viewspansypants

I've started tutting at the youngsters I work with, criticising things they do that I know full well I did!!!

The body may not be as active but I feel my speed of thought is quicker.

Poll: Sick of the media love in with Brazil?

Getting old... on 14:01 - Feb 3 with 2234 viewsLord_Bony

I ve always been reasonably fit and active.

A few months a go I sold my business and semi retired,I m middle age.

What I've noticed is since not being so active it's caught up with me big time.your fitness can go quickly and I feel tired in the afternoons and have to have a nap in the armchair.you can easily get into lethargic,slob,couch potato mode if you re not careful.

Enough slobbing out, though I ve enjoyed it ..after my sons 18th tomorrow I m going to go on a juice diet and get fit again...gotta drop a stone but as you get older it becomes more difficult because the metabolism slows down....
[Post edited 3 Feb 2014 14:14]

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Getting old... on 14:21 - Feb 3 with 2198 viewsDarran

Getting old... on 12:56 - Feb 3 by llangyfelach

Get some Cheap Trick on Mart.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Getting old... on 14:23 - Feb 3 with 2195 viewsllangyfelach

Getting old... on 14:21 - Feb 3 by Darran

Get some Cheap Trick on Mart.

Never say never, Daz

Getting old... on 14:42 - Feb 3 with 2161 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Wait till you hit 40 .

It's f@@king down hill all the way .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Login to get fewer ads

Getting old... on 16:55 - Feb 3 with 2069 viewsDavillin

Getting old... on 14:42 - Feb 3 by oh_tommy_tommy

Wait till you hit 40 .

It's f@@king down hill all the way .

I wonder if I was so pessimistic when I was 40. Nah. I was still all p!ss and vinegar. I won't tell you why.

C'mon! Get optimistic. You'll see someday that 40 is just the beginning of the good times. If you'll make it so.

p.s. to Perchrock. You're right about P.S. keeping your mind turning over. Believe me, you have to work at that after you've retired. Keep learning. Keep studtying and thinking about difficult subjects. Keep exchanging ideas with all and some.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Getting old... on 17:01 - Feb 3 with 2062 viewsJohnw102

You kids on here moaning! I'm 72 drive from Milford each home match, only missed 1 this season including Europa matches. Stand for 90 mins in ASBO corner, knees and back ache for 24 hours afterwards, cheap price to pay for supporting Swans, just wish pension ran to doing a few more away games, but her indoors spends it on food, gas and electric selfish bugger..Only problem with drinking is the 3am piss break, but thats not too bad if I get out of bed for it! Can't wait for Saturday the next game is always going to be better. I moan about the team, manager, stadium PA, weather, and Liberty "hot dogs" But will still be 100% behind team and manager inside the ground. COYS

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Getting old... on 17:02 - Feb 3 with 2059 viewsDarran

Getting old... on 17:01 - Feb 3 by Johnw102

You kids on here moaning! I'm 72 drive from Milford each home match, only missed 1 this season including Europa matches. Stand for 90 mins in ASBO corner, knees and back ache for 24 hours afterwards, cheap price to pay for supporting Swans, just wish pension ran to doing a few more away games, but her indoors spends it on food, gas and electric selfish bugger..Only problem with drinking is the 3am piss break, but thats not too bad if I get out of bed for it! Can't wait for Saturday the next game is always going to be better. I moan about the team, manager, stadium PA, weather, and Liberty "hot dogs" But will still be 100% behind team and manager inside the ground. COYS

Well said John they don't know they're born these days.

Getting old... on 17:49 - Feb 3 with 2006 viewsSwanjack10

good exercise.good diet.no fags and drugs.good woman and you wont even think about age,just turned 40 myself and all cool

ambition is critical....................
Poll: do you think swanjack10 should be a moderator?

Getting old... on 18:10 - Feb 3 with 1984 viewsGeoffThom

Age is all in the mind feel young stay young early 50's and still going to wind st + not dressing like an old man or acting like one
Getting old... on 18:14 - Feb 3 with 1977 viewsSwanjack10

Getting old... on 18:10 - Feb 3 by GeoffThom

Age is all in the mind feel young stay young early 50's and still going to wind st + not dressing like an old man or acting like one

you an electrician frequents the ivorites ?

Getting old... on 18:15 - Feb 3 with 1974 viewsGeoffThom

Getting old... on 18:14 - Feb 3 by Swanjack10

you an electrician frequents the ivorites ?

Nope
Getting old... on 18:17 - Feb 3 with 1971 viewsDarran

Getting old... on 18:10 - Feb 3 by GeoffThom

King of the kids Geoff?

Getting old... on 18:21 - Feb 3 with 1965 viewsSwanjack10

Getting old... on 18:17 - Feb 3 by Darran

King of the kids Geoff?

google the geoff thom image dazzler.saturnight fever springs to my mind lmaooooooooooo.....

Getting old... on 18:27 - Feb 3 with 1954 viewsDarran

Getting old... on 18:21 - Feb 3 by Swanjack10

google the geoff thom image dazzler.saturnight fever springs to my mind lmaooooooooooo.....

Here he is.

Getting old... on 18:28 - Feb 3 with 1952 viewsSwanjack10

Getting old... on 18:27 - Feb 3 by Darran

Here he is.

nothing there mun.

Getting old... on 18:34 - Feb 3 with 1937 viewsDarran

Getting old... on 18:28 - Feb 3 by Swanjack10

nothing there mun.

There is mun.

Getting old... on 19:08 - Feb 3 with 1898 viewsGeoffThom

Getting old... on 18:17 - Feb 3 by Darran

King of the kids Geoff?

Didn't take you long tea bag not so senile are you just a shame you can't get rid of the smell of dettol and piss that frequents you eh keep on swinging son
Getting old... on 19:13 - Feb 3 with 1889 viewsDarran

Getting old... on 19:08 - Feb 3 by GeoffThom

Didn't take you long tea bag not so senile are you just a shame you can't get rid of the smell of dettol and piss that frequents you eh keep on swinging son

Black and white on Saturday Geoff get ew Travolta suit out.

Getting old... on 19:22 - Feb 3 with 1874 viewsthe_oracle

Getting old... on 14:01 - Feb 3 by Lord_Bony

I ve always been reasonably fit and active.

A few months a go I sold my business and semi retired,I m middle age.

What I've noticed is since not being so active it's caught up with me big time.your fitness can go quickly and I feel tired in the afternoons and have to have a nap in the armchair.you can easily get into lethargic,slob,couch potato mode if you re not careful.

Enough slobbing out, though I ve enjoyed it ..after my sons 18th tomorrow I m going to go on a juice diet and get fit again...gotta drop a stone but as you get older it becomes more difficult because the metabolism slows down....
[Post edited 3 Feb 2014 14:14]

A few years ago a friend said what you do in your 50's will have a major effect on your quality of life in your retirement years.

I've just turned 55. Stopped playing SSL football at 45. Put on two stone and got to a stage just walking up a hill made me wheezy.

Decided at 53 needed to get fit again Been going to Forces Fitness for two years. Lost the weight by cutting back on food and doing the boot camp three times a week. Thanks to that started playing vets football last year and now play every week 11 a side.
Being fit really makes a huge difference to everything you do as you get older.
Getting old... on 21:43 - Feb 3 with 1794 viewsLord_Bony

Good advice there.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Getting old... on 21:44 - Feb 3 with 1789 viewspansypants

Getting old... on 19:22 - Feb 3 by the_oracle

A few years ago a friend said what you do in your 50's will have a major effect on your quality of life in your retirement years.

I've just turned 55. Stopped playing SSL football at 45. Put on two stone and got to a stage just walking up a hill made me wheezy.

Decided at 53 needed to get fit again Been going to Forces Fitness for two years. Lost the weight by cutting back on food and doing the boot camp three times a week. Thanks to that started playing vets football last year and now play every week 11 a side.
Being fit really makes a huge difference to everything you do as you get older.

Good for you mate keep healthy

Poll: Sick of the media love in with Brazil?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024