Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Getting old... 12:47 - Feb 3 with 3156 viewsllangyfelach

Its hit me like a sledgehammer the last couple of weeks that I'm no spring chicken any more. I can't drink like I did in my 20's (and I was pretty sh*t at it then). Went out last weekend to watch the darts and was like death warmed up on Sunday AND Monday.

Went out on Saturday to watch the football and the rugby. Was out at 1, home by 8. Thought I was ok when I woke up yesterday, so went shopping. Nearly spewed my ring up there so had to make a quick exit. Went back to bed "for an hour" at half 1 and woke up at 7pm. Went back to sleep at 8 and woke up at 6am this morning.

I turn 40 in a few weeks, and by f*ck am I feeling it

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

Getting old... on 22:34 - Feb 3 with 829 viewsmax936

Getting old... on 12:56 - Feb 3 by llangyfelach

Its subtle things that I'm noticing more and more - complaining about the weather, commenting on modern "music" etc. Priorities are changing - like looking forward to the weekend to have a lie in.

In my head I'm still 9, but my body is ramming home the fact that I'm not

Get back out running and putting the miles in Mart, you'll be back on form in no time.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Getting old... on 22:41 - Feb 3 with 829 viewsmax936

Getting old... on 19:22 - Feb 3 by the_oracle

A few years ago a friend said what you do in your 50's will have a major effect on your quality of life in your retirement years.

I've just turned 55. Stopped playing SSL football at 45. Put on two stone and got to a stage just walking up a hill made me wheezy.

Decided at 53 needed to get fit again Been going to Forces Fitness for two years. Lost the weight by cutting back on food and doing the boot camp three times a week. Thanks to that started playing vets football last year and now play every week 11 a side.
Being fit really makes a huge difference to everything you do as you get older.

Just turned 53 myself and Im just over 17st, started to cut back on my food intake last couple of days gonna start some exercise soon to enable me to get cycling back up the mountains, but Im still gonna have a gallon every saturday, you need to have some enjoyment.

Getting old... on 22:43 - Feb 3 with 821 viewsmax936

Getting old... on 17:01 - Feb 3 by Johnw102

You kids on here moaning! I'm 72 drive from Milford each home match, only missed 1 this season including Europa matches. Stand for 90 mins in ASBO corner, knees and back ache for 24 hours afterwards, cheap price to pay for supporting Swans, just wish pension ran to doing a few more away games, but her indoors spends it on food, gas and electric selfish bugger..Only problem with drinking is the 3am piss break, but thats not too bad if I get out of bed for it! Can't wait for Saturday the next game is always going to be better. I moan about the team, manager, stadium PA, weather, and Liberty "hot dogs" But will still be 100% behind team and manager inside the ground. COYS

You wanna act your age mun

Getting old... on 04:33 - Feb 4 with 773 viewsCatullus

I'm 46 and physically I feel about 70 but mentally about 30!!
I was really quite fit at 40. Still played football, had a physically demanding job. But at 44 ill health struck, hence how I feel now. Strangely my life has never been better. Maybe because I appreciate what I've got a whole lot more, including a 5 year old son who lights up my days.
It's ironic that I had to fall I'll to learn to truly appreciate my life, and the life I had before. I've been a damn sight luckier than a lot of people. My body aches, my joints hurt and my muscles burn and that's not even all of it, but I'm happy.
A win on Saturday and I'll be ecstatic!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Getting old... on 04:40 - Feb 4 with 769 views_Kieran

How much you drink? I get days/weekends like that now.

Reppin' Cwmbwrla, #SwanseaNation, south Wales. Trundleista. Lowri. ♥ - Cariad gyda fy holl galon, y dywysoges Llanelli. Almost as much as I love the Swans. It's G to the Monk. You ain't ready for this kinda technology - N Dizz. #TMT #TheMonkTeam. “I watched the West Ham game last weekend and, I can’t make stuff up, it wasn’t great at all, was it? I’ve spoken individually to all the players and I’ve told them all what I expect from them." “We’re all in this together and I want everyone to know that we’ve given our all. That’s all I can ask for.”

Getting old... on 06:27 - Feb 4 with 751 viewsJohnw102

Getting old... on 22:43 - Feb 3 by max936

You wanna act your age mun

If I did I would be in a box! Growing old is compulsory, but you can choose if you grow up!
[Post edited 4 Feb 2014 7:14]

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Getting old... on 06:31 - Feb 4 with 749 views1983

Getting old... on 17:01 - Feb 3 by Johnw102

You kids on here moaning! I'm 72 drive from Milford each home match, only missed 1 this season including Europa matches. Stand for 90 mins in ASBO corner, knees and back ache for 24 hours afterwards, cheap price to pay for supporting Swans, just wish pension ran to doing a few more away games, but her indoors spends it on food, gas and electric selfish bugger..Only problem with drinking is the 3am piss break, but thats not too bad if I get out of bed for it! Can't wait for Saturday the next game is always going to be better. I moan about the team, manager, stadium PA, weather, and Liberty "hot dogs" But will still be 100% behind team and manager inside the ground. COYS

That cheered me up
Good Luck to ya

Getting old... on 08:31 - Feb 4 with 719 viewsllangyfelach

Getting old... on 06:27 - Feb 4 by Johnw102

If I did I would be in a box! Growing old is compulsory, but you can choose if you grow up!

Love that phrase, John

Login to get fewer ads

Getting old... on 08:35 - Feb 4 with 718 viewsllangyfelach

Getting old... on 22:34 - Feb 3 by max936

Get back out running and putting the miles in Mart, you'll be back on form in no time.

Started back this week pal. Definitely get a lift from it.

Getting old... on 18:22 - Feb 4 with 673 viewsmax936

Getting old... on 06:27 - Feb 4 by Johnw102

Top man, keep on enjoying, my Dad is 79 shortly still enjoys life, every home game he marches up and down Siloh Rd like a fella half his age even though he uses a walking stick, loves a pint to.

Getting old... on 18:43 - Feb 4 with 656 viewsNogginthenog

I'm 59 in March so 40 is young to me. I do cycle a bit mainly on the flat but my favourite pastime is walking, I try to get into the hills when I can and when the weather permits, it helps with the fitness but also exalts the mind when the scenery is so lovely around these parts.
I'm also trying, but not that successfully, to lose a stone in weight to take me from 15st 7 to 14st 7 or lower if I can. I think each extra stone you carry probably ages you 5 years!
[Post edited 4 Feb 2014 18:44]
Getting old... on 18:44 - Feb 4 with 654 viewsCatullus

Getting old... on 04:40 - Feb 4 by _Kieran

How much you drink? I get days/weekends like that now.

Assuming that was to me, Kieran mate I hardly touch a drop these days. A maximum of 3 pints on matchday unless I'm driving (then zero)which seems to be every game recently!
Up until I was 37/38 though, I was a screaming p*as head. I was in a pub at least 5 nights a week! I'm surprised my liver is healthy, a gastroenterologist told me 6 months ago it is!
I do try to exercise as much ad I can. I walk the dog 6/7 times a day, I never smoked, I do eat too much crap though!!

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Getting old... on 18:23 - Feb 6 with 601 viewsunion_jack

All I know is that I am well past the age to die tragically young!!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Getting old... on 19:06 - Feb 6 with 589 viewsgyrjack

Getting old... on 18:44 - Feb 4 by Catullus

Assuming that was to me, Kieran mate I hardly touch a drop these days. A maximum of 3 pints on matchday unless I'm driving (then zero)which seems to be every game recently!
Up until I was 37/38 though, I was a screaming p*as head. I was in a pub at least 5 nights a week! I'm surprised my liver is healthy, a gastroenterologist told me 6 months ago it is!
I do try to exercise as much ad I can. I walk the dog 6/7 times a day, I never smoked, I do eat too much crap though!!

Blimey, u walk the dog 6/7 times a day! The dog must be fcked!
I walk mine 2 miles to the pub and back most days and we're both fit as fiddles and a recent check up says my liver is fine too, which was a welcome surprise, I'm 48 by the way, so good on yer mate
Getting old... on 03:24 - Feb 7 with 560 viewsCatullus

Getting old... on 19:06 - Feb 6 by gyrjack

Blimey, u walk the dog 6/7 times a day! The dog must be fcked!
I walk mine 2 miles to the pub and back most days and we're both fit as fiddles and a recent check up says my liver is fine too, which was a welcome surprise, I'm 48 by the way, so good on yer mate

The dog is fit, we take his ball. I can only manage a 15-20 minute walk before my joints hurt.
I can't even make it through a whole match amymore without having pain!! Those hard seats in cold weather do me in. I either need a cushion or to stay home, which I have already done 4 Times this season!!

Getting old... on 10:07 - Feb 7 with 493 viewsperchrockjack

When you get older good sex is important.
Its not like when you were a kid and thought you were Johnny Wad,no its more empathetic and imaginative. Quality always counts

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024