Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are you concerned.... 17:20 - Jan 30 with 8958 viewscaerbluebird

with regards to the lack and the quality of your transfer dealings? I am not saying that we have hit the jackpot which we haven't by any means but the signing of ngog is baffling. Especially for a club that has built up a decent reputation in the footballing world.
Are you concerned.... on 20:13 - Jan 30 with 1512 viewsJackoBoostardo

x1000 to myself just to dull the pain that is listening to the keyboard warrior antics here.

It's pretty frikking embarrassing school yard stuff right here. As I 22 year old I assume you've gone through puberty right?

Kieran - let's not turn this board into Anus's forum please. Lets try and maintain some form of civility here!! If you really, really have to fight the guy - can you do it without involving us please.

And to answer the OP - Not concerned in the slightest. We already have a sufficient level of quality within the squad and the new players are surplus to this. My ongoing concern is maintaining the quality and focus of the players - much like anyone else really, regardless of your club loyalties. Swansea have maintained a position within the Premier League for a number of seasons now without the need of spending £48k a week on an ineffectual player. I seriously believe Cardiff should be very concerned - the players you bring in at this point will have very little impact to your squad in the same way they did at ManU - and Cardiff is significantly less quality that ManU.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Are you concerned.... on 20:13 - Jan 30 with 1510 viewssnork44

God I pity his girlfriend, going out with a knob like that. Kieran, you are one sad bap!

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Are you concerned.... on 20:17 - Jan 30 with 1496 viewssnork44

Are you concerned.... on 20:13 - Jan 30 by JackoBoostardo

x1000 to myself just to dull the pain that is listening to the keyboard warrior antics here.

It's pretty frikking embarrassing school yard stuff right here. As I 22 year old I assume you've gone through puberty right?

Kieran - let's not turn this board into Anus's forum please. Lets try and maintain some form of civility here!! If you really, really have to fight the guy - can you do it without involving us please.

And to answer the OP - Not concerned in the slightest. We already have a sufficient level of quality within the squad and the new players are surplus to this. My ongoing concern is maintaining the quality and focus of the players - much like anyone else really, regardless of your club loyalties. Swansea have maintained a position within the Premier League for a number of seasons now without the need of spending £48k a week on an ineffectual player. I seriously believe Cardiff should be very concerned - the players you bring in at this point will have very little impact to your squad in the same way they did at ManU - and Cardiff is significantly less quality that ManU.

Are you concerned.... on 20:28 - Jan 30 with 1430 viewsCatullus

To the OP, I was concerned that we may need to make a few quality signings. But then Chico returned to form with a bang on Tuesday, JDG came back into the fold with an apparent appetite for a tackle and Dyer made an explosive cameo. We weren't brilliant but we are improving. Our signings thus far look like a short term back up and one for the future so currently I am less concerned than I was two weeks ago, back then I was very worried!!

The other proceedings in this thread made me feel quite embarrassed!!

You can't buy class, but drugs and alcohol have shown you can buy stupid!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Are you concerned.... on 20:32 - Jan 30 with 1413 viewsreddythered

As I said elsewhere, your signings have been in areas of need - mainly for the development squad, able to fill in at a pinch. You don't need first team starters this window unless significantly better than you have now.

Us, well was willing to give Cornelius benefit of the doubt - if the wages and fee had been lower could have given another season to see how he'd pan out. That signing, Odemwingie, Brayford have shown the remarkably effective PR campaign Mackay had - given the absolute wasted signings made, Moody was rightly gone, so too Mackay.

Our signings so far have been pragmatic. Ole wants to play a certain way, squad he inherited not set up to do that. The Norwegians brought in may be more with an eye for the future, but know the style he wants. Jones is a useful signing; Campbell has a great work ethic, not a natural scorer and needs to either play off a target man or have the ball in the channels.

We need another central defender alongside Caulker, another striker for depth.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Are you concerned.... on 20:36 - Jan 30 with 1376 viewsChief

I don't neccesarily agree with his methods, but this chaps got a lot of spunk fair play to him

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Are you concerned.... on 20:37 - Jan 30 with 1372 viewsPhil_S

So Malky and Moody are now the bad guys. Fickle you're not at all really?
Are you concerned.... on 20:37 - Jan 30 with 1370 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Are you concerned.... on 20:32 - Jan 30 by reddythered

As I said elsewhere, your signings have been in areas of need - mainly for the development squad, able to fill in at a pinch. You don't need first team starters this window unless significantly better than you have now.

Us, well was willing to give Cornelius benefit of the doubt - if the wages and fee had been lower could have given another season to see how he'd pan out. That signing, Odemwingie, Brayford have shown the remarkably effective PR campaign Mackay had - given the absolute wasted signings made, Moody was rightly gone, so too Mackay.

Our signings so far have been pragmatic. Ole wants to play a certain way, squad he inherited not set up to do that. The Norwegians brought in may be more with an eye for the future, but know the style he wants. Jones is a useful signing; Campbell has a great work ethic, not a natural scorer and needs to either play off a target man or have the ball in the channels.

How has Caulker been for you guys?

I have to say, given how young he was, I thought he was absolutely superb for us in our first season at this level - almost comical the number of headers he'd win. I remember a game away to Villa, they had about 14 corners in a row, but I wasn't in the least bit concerned as he'd be first to the ball in every time. These days I'm almost resigned to a goal going in when we concede a corner.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Login to get fewer ads

Are you concerned.... on 20:39 - Jan 30 with 1355 viewsOldjack

Are you concerned.... on 20:32 - Jan 30 by reddythered

Tan is very quiet theses days ,plus all this money your new boy seems to be spunking away ,does he know ?

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Are you concerned.... on 20:40 - Jan 30 with 1344 viewsJackoBoostardo

Are you concerned.... on 20:39 - Jan 30 by Oldjack

Tan is very quiet theses days ,plus all this money your new boy seems to be spunking away ,does he know ?

He's quiet as his belt restricts his jaw movements.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Are you concerned.... on 20:41 - Jan 30 with 1343 viewsMattG

Are you concerned.... on 20:37 - Jan 30 by Phil_S

It pains me to say this but, in fairness to Reddy, he never really blew Malky's trumpet, if you'll pardon the pun.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2014 20:42]
Are you concerned.... on 20:46 - Jan 30 with 1319 viewsOldjack

Are you concerned.... on 20:40 - Jan 30 by JackoBoostardo

He's quiet as his belt restricts his jaw movements.

They aint seen nothing yet when he finds out ''HOW MUCH''? FLUK ME

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Are you concerned.... on 20:46 - Jan 30 with 1319 viewsNeath_Jack

Are you concerned.... on 20:37 - Jan 30 by FearOfAJackPlanet

I have to say, given how young he was, I thought he was absolutely superb for us in our first season at this level - almost comical the number of headers he'd win. I remember a game away to Villa, they had about 14 corners in a row, but I wasn't in the least bit concerned as he'd be first to the ball in every time. These days I'm almost resigned to a goal going in when we concede a corner.

Bony is our best defender at corners, he dont miss many.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Are you concerned.... on 20:46 - Jan 30 with 1313 viewssnork44

Reddy, I know you weren't one Malky's biggest fans! But the revisionism on the boards is crazy, when Mackay got sack there was universal hatred of Tan and his firing of a so-called class manager. Since Solksjaer has been hired he has treated like the Messiah and Milky is a virtually treated as a useless Dinosaur that would have certainly seen Cardiff relegated. Was Mackay that bad or were you blinded by the fact you had to get the promised land?
[Post edited 30 Jan 2014 21:09]

Are you concerned.... on 20:50 - Jan 30 with 1284 viewsdcd14

Are you concerned.... on 19:54 - Jan 30 by _Kieran

Clueless = Sometimes. I admitted I was wrong regarding Bony.

Racist = How?

Aggressive = Rarely.

Not funny = That's your opinion.

OK. I'm done now. Caerrrr PM me when you're ready. I'm outtie.

"Aggressive = Rarely."

Are you concerned.... on 20:51 - Jan 30 with 1277 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Are you concerned.... on 20:46 - Jan 30 by Neath_Jack

Bony is our best defender at corners, he dont miss many.

Fair point, and one I've made myself in the past.

I still think we're missing that aerial strength in our defenders and haven't really replaced that since Caulks left. Bony's strength in the air should ideally be a bonus, not the sole basis of our defence at corners/set-pieces, which it often is.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Are you concerned.... on 20:52 - Jan 30 with 1263 viewsreddythered

Are you concerned.... on 20:37 - Jan 30 by Phil_S

Eh? I've not exactly been a fan of any of the parties.

Opinions can never be set in stone, especially when facts emerge over time. Mackay's claim of Cornelius being "one for the future" may have been valid - at a lower fee and wages - but not given the result. And all can do is look at the team lineups. Marshall, McNaughton, Hudson, Whitts all Dave Jones signings. Could count Bellamy there too arguably.

Of the Mackay signings over summer, who played versus United? Medel, Caulker, Campbell, Mutch and Noone. Kim and Turner came on. Can argue Medel, Caulker overpriced, Mutch underpriced, Campbell cheap at 650k and Noone was fairly cheap.

Media may have lauded Moody, understandable as he used to be a journo, but what we had from Mackay was that Moody was really, really good at his job - produced lengthy dossiers on players. Those dossiers overpaid on Cornelius; had Brayford replaced by another signing within weeks before loaning him to Sheff Utd; Odemwingie gone within months.

No manager / recruiter hits 100%. In our case, the fails and spending have been excessive given our position.

What I'd say is that we're passing the ball better, with Jones, Zaha and Daehli ( along with the re-emergence of Noone and the form of Mutch ) have more attacking options.

All I guess I'm saying is that time has shown that Moody was far from the expert the media have claimed him to be. Mackay has to take some of that blame because Moody was his man. Tan was absolutely slated for firing Moody; the poor transfer record that has now emerged indicates imo he was right to remove him. Doesn't make him right in everything he's done, in this case it was the right move.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Are you concerned.... on 20:54 - Jan 30 with 1239 viewsreddythered

Are you concerned.... on 20:37 - Jan 30 by FearOfAJackPlanet

He's been solid. Not spectacular, he's had some quality games, some good games. Definitely been a positive for us. Needs a ball playing defender along side him imo but he's been an integral part of some heroic defending at times.

Are you concerned.... on 20:56 - Jan 30 with 1233 viewsNeath_Jack

Are you concerned.... on 20:51 - Jan 30 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Fair point, and one I've made myself in the past.

I still think we're missing that aerial strength in our defenders and haven't really replaced that since Caulks left. Bony's strength in the air should ideally be a bonus, not the sole basis of our defence at corners/set-pieces, which it often is.

Hopefully that lot will go down and we can bring Caulker back here.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Are you concerned.... on 20:59 - Jan 30 with 1219 viewsJackoBoostardo

Are you concerned.... on 20:56 - Jan 30 by Neath_Jack

Hopefully that lot will go down and we can bring Caulker back here.

Clearly he'd be second choice to our current backs. He'd have to be fairly cheap for this reason to be worthwhile.

Are you concerned.... on 21:01 - Jan 30 with 1215 viewsreddythered

Are you concerned.... on 20:46 - Jan 30 by snork44

Reddy, I know you weren't one Malky's biggest fans! But the revisionism on the boards is crazy, when Mackay got sack there was universal hatred of Tan and his firing of a so-called class manager. Since Solksjaer has been hired he has treated like the Messiah and Milky is a virtually treated as a useless Dinosaur that would have certainly seen Cardiff relegated. Was Mackay that bad or were you blinded by the fact you had to get the promised land?
[Post edited 30 Jan 2014 21:09]

Problem is, heat of the moment opinions always get polarised. It's clear the Mackay camp used the media, fans believed that - dislike of Tan due to rebrand, side with a manager people perceive unfairly treated.

Over time, as I've said, the transfer record has been overall poor, hence our squad has gaps. Set up to play one style.

If Ole had lost every game so far, I'd say the fans would still be complaining. What we've seen is two cup wins, one coming from a goal down. More attacking play from the side, substitutions that have changed games. Two Prem games where we should have been murdered but put up a good fight to the best of our ability. ignings that may not be regarded as amazing, but from all accounts, they've come in for less money than was spent on Cornelius. Plus we got a deal in our favour for once, Odemwingie for Jones plus cash.

Liverpool, Southampton, both games 3-0 down at half time. That kinda confirmed it from me we'd have gone down for definite under Mackay. IMO, we've a far better chance with Ole.

Are you concerned.... on 21:10 - Jan 30 with 1166 viewsPhil_S

Are you concerned.... on 20:52 - Jan 30 by reddythered

Eh? I've not exactly been a fan of any of the parties.

Opinions can never be set in stone, especially when facts emerge over time. Mackay's claim of Cornelius being "one for the future" may have been valid - at a lower fee and wages - but not given the result. And all can do is look at the team lineups. Marshall, McNaughton, Hudson, Whitts all Dave Jones signings. Could count Bellamy there too arguably.

Of the Mackay signings over summer, who played versus United? Medel, Caulker, Campbell, Mutch and Noone. Kim and Turner came on. Can argue Medel, Caulker overpriced, Mutch underpriced, Campbell cheap at 650k and Noone was fairly cheap.

Media may have lauded Moody, understandable as he used to be a journo, but what we had from Mackay was that Moody was really, really good at his job - produced lengthy dossiers on players. Those dossiers overpaid on Cornelius; had Brayford replaced by another signing within weeks before loaning him to Sheff Utd; Odemwingie gone within months.

No manager / recruiter hits 100%. In our case, the fails and spending have been excessive given our position.

What I'd say is that we're passing the ball better, with Jones, Zaha and Daehli ( along with the re-emergence of Noone and the form of Mutch ) have more attacking options.

All I guess I'm saying is that time has shown that Moody was far from the expert the media have claimed him to be. Mackay has to take some of that blame because Moody was his man. Tan was absolutely slated for firing Moody; the poor transfer record that has now emerged indicates imo he was right to remove him. Doesn't make him right in everything he's done, in this case it was the right move.

I'm not sure I was aiming it as you per se but there is much on the forums about how Malky and Moody were just wrong to sign all the cheques and sign the likes of Cornelius on silly money (even you just hinted at that) but unless you are crazy enough to let the manager become a signatory for the business then Tan's own right hand men were responsible too

Same as they are responsible for the spalshing of the cash (or the increasing of the debt) currently going on. It is not a sustainable business plan and from what I hear about Mr Zaha it is no wonder Man Utd wanted rid - think a Premier League version of Leon Knight is the rumour
Are you concerned.... on 21:23 - Jan 30 with 1115 viewsNeath_Jack

Are you concerned.... on 20:59 - Jan 30 by JackoBoostardo

Clearly he'd be second choice to our current backs. He'd have to be fairly cheap for this reason to be worthwhile.

Going by their recent purchase/selling history, we'd probably get him for 500k.

Are you concerned.... on 22:40 - Jan 30 with 961 viewsNatterjack

Are you concerned.... on 19:06 - Jan 30 by _Kieran

You don't fancy it then mukka? Come on respond to me.

FFS - grow up you silly twaat
Are you concerned.... on 23:00 - Jan 30 with 918 viewsGeneration_Terrorist

Are you concerned.... on 18:51 - Jan 30 by caerbluebird

This PM offering me out, how childish. Is that your sister?

To: caerbluebird
Subject: Re: Fight me you tw@t.
Date: 17:48 - Jan 30 | Delete Msg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post your picture up lad let's see what you're all about. I'll meet you, any time any place any where. 1 on 1, bring it.

--------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------
Give me the where and when. KieranDaviesSCFC@outlook.com

Bring it you caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaardiff w@nker. 1 on 1 not that 10 on 1 sneaky sh!t that ew kunts are into.

I'm only 22 I'm not even in my prime, Carl Curtis won't meet me. Bring it.

Absolutely f*cking embarassing.

Seriously makes me sad that I share my oxygen with neanderthals such as this.

"There's no cure for being a c**t."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024