Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Truss and the lettuce - justified? 08:34 - Aug 15 with 2315 viewssaint901

Our former unelected PM, Liz Truss, was pranked yesterday during an "interview" to discuss her views (aka an opportunity to sell her book).

A picture of a lettuce was lowered behind her. She was clearly unamused and stormed off.

She was a disaster as a PM and many are literally still paying for her term in higher mortgage rates.

Her book is variously a collection of excuses for her time in office and a set of theories about how the "deep state" frustrated her plans which would have worked if they had been given a chance and that pesky global market system had not been in place. It reads as though she had a choice of which cabal to join and picked the wring one.

(At no time is she able to identify the deep state by the way).

Is it acceptable to prank her in this way and is this sort of stunt the best way to defang the right wing?
Truss and the lettuce - justified? on 09:09 - Aug 15 with 2035 viewsHeisenberg

Until she apologises and accepts responsibility then she will remain fair game. A bit of self deprecation would also help. Had she laughed at the prank and not stormed it may have helped.

The fact she is promoting Trump and Elon Musk is astonishing. How the hell did she become our PM. I actually think she is totally deluded and suffering from psychological problems so for her own health it’s probably best everyone ignores her and she seeks professional help.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Truss and the lettuce - justified? on 11:54 - Aug 15 with 1918 viewsDorsetIan

She was always a massive weirdo. The experience of becoming PM and then screwing it up royally would have been emotionally tough for anyone but she simply can't cope with it. She's an absolutely classic case of 'denial'.

The decent/humble thing for her to do would have been to step back and try to come to terms with her failures. Instead, for as long as she is parading around the world supporting Trump and other losers, and blaming everyone else for her own failings, she is absolutely fair game.

She doesn't like that people take the piss out of her? The real question is what she thinks anyone should take her or anything she says seriously?

It would be sad if she wasn't so still so smug and unlikeable.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Truss and the lettuce - justified? on 13:53 - Aug 15 with 1766 viewsBerber

Truss and the lettuce - justified? on 09:09 - Aug 15 by Heisenberg

Until she apologises and accepts responsibility then she will remain fair game. A bit of self deprecation would also help. Had she laughed at the prank and not stormed it may have helped.

The fact she is promoting Trump and Elon Musk is astonishing. How the hell did she become our PM. I actually think she is totally deluded and suffering from psychological problems so for her own health it’s probably best everyone ignores her and she seeks professional help.

How did she become PM? Because the membership of the Conservative are either senile or barking mad.
Truss and the lettuce - justified? on 14:03 - Aug 15 with 1758 viewssaint22

If ever there was an example of how pathetically inept the last Tory government was she is the epitome of that.
What a totally unfit for purpose incompetent fool
Truss and the lettuce - justified? on 15:29 - Aug 15 with 1711 viewssaintmark1976

Truss and the lettuce - justified? on 13:53 - Aug 15 by Berber

How did she become PM? Because the membership of the Conservative are either senile or barking mad.

Reference the Conservative Party membership. You may be being kind in using either/or.

I’ve some sympathy with the woman.

To go from being the most powerful person in the country to not even a humble MP in relatively short order must take some handling mentally.

Given that she retains an ex Prime Minister’s salary, car and security detail for the rest of her life it’s surprising to me that her husband/family/friends haven’t told her to retire from public life. Something along the lines of “ You gave it your best shot, it didn’t work out so now just enjoy yourself” would help her emotionally.

Poll: Should Russell Martin be sacked after saying he won’t compromise?

Truss and the lettuce - justified? on 16:02 - Aug 15 with 1688 viewsA1079

More to the point, would she be any good in goal?
Truss and the lettuce - justified? on 16:38 - Aug 15 with 1643 viewsJellybaby

Blimey, there are so many Lefties on this thread, my screen has gone all lop sided.

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Truss and the lettuce - justified? on 17:20 - Aug 15 with 1611 viewssolent_toffee

I saw a clip of that, just before the lettuce was lowered, she was talking and seemed half pissed, talking inane nonsense.

Can’t wait for her tour to come round here, what an evenings entertainment.
Login to get fewer ads

Truss and the lettuce - justified? on 18:09 - Aug 15 with 1556 viewsHeisenberg

Truss and the lettuce - justified? on 15:29 - Aug 15 by saintmark1976

Reference the Conservative Party membership. You may be being kind in using either/or.

To go from being the most powerful person in the country to not even a humble MP in relatively short order must take some handling mentally.

Given that she retains an ex Prime Minister’s salary, car and security detail for the rest of her life it’s surprising to me that her husband/family/friends haven’t told her to retire from public life. Something along the lines of “ You gave it your best shot, it didn’t work out so now just enjoy yourself” would help her emotionally.

Sympathy for her !!!

She is so deluded she thought she could run the country and in 45 days despite all the advice completely crashed the economy. Then has completely failed to accept responsibility for her actions blaming it all on the ‘deep state’

Tell that to the millions who suffered because of her arrogance and incompetence.

She’s lucky she’s not in jail.

Sympathy my arse.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'

Truss and the lettuce - justified? on 19:12 - Aug 15 with 1498 viewsRon11

I remember the TV show where a geezer whose name escapes me custard pied some of these up their own arse fookers just when they weren't expecting it.
She would definitely would have been a prime target in that interview.

There's a few more out there who would also be prime candidates. The new chancellor definitely needs one along with a few whining 'tory boys'.
Truss and the lettuce - justified? on 20:20 - Aug 15 with 1460 viewsBazza

Truss and the lettuce - justified? on 19:12 - Aug 15 by Ron11

I remember the TV show where a geezer whose name escapes me custard pied some of these up their own arse fookers just when they weren't expecting it.
She would definitely would have been a prime target in that interview.

There's a few more out there who would also be prime candidates. The new chancellor definitely needs one along with a few whining 'tory boys'.

I blame her strict Labour parents. I also think some of you on here have a secret crush on her. 🥴
Truss and the lettuce - justified? on 22:26 - Aug 15 with 1391 viewssaintmark1976

Truss and the lettuce - justified? on 18:09 - Aug 15 by Heisenberg

Sympathy for her !!!

She is so deluded she thought she could run the country and in 45 days despite all the advice completely crashed the economy. Then has completely failed to accept responsibility for her actions blaming it all on the ‘deep state’

Tell that to the millions who suffered because of her arrogance and incompetence.

She’s lucky she’s not in jail.

Sympathy my arse.

I understand what she did Heisenberg and like you give her no credit whatsoever for her actions whilst Prime Minister.

My sympathy rests solely with her on a human level. To me she gives the impression of someone who perhaps is suffering mentally, hence my suggestion that she retire from public life.

After all, mental problems can visit any of us at any level of society, witness the recent death of cricketer Graham Thorpe. Football wise of course, Garry Speed and the German Goalkeeper who’s name I can’t remember.

Truss and the lettuce - justified? on 07:02 - Aug 16 with 1266 viewsmushinexile

Truss and the lettuce - justified? on 13:53 - Aug 15 by Berber

No, the membership voted her in because she was the white woman for the job. That is why the party rules were subsequently changed so the MPs elected the leader.
[Post edited 16 Aug 7:04]
Truss and the lettuce - justified? on 12:02 - Aug 16 with 1131 viewsHeisenberg

Truss and the lettuce - justified? on 22:26 - Aug 15 by saintmark1976

I understand what she did Heisenberg and like you give her no credit whatsoever for her actions whilst Prime Minister.

My sympathy rests solely with her on a human level. To me she gives the impression of someone who perhaps is suffering mentally, hence my suggestion that she retire from public life.

After all, mental problems can visit any of us at any level of society, witness the recent death of cricketer Graham Thorpe. Football wise of course, Garry Speed and the German Goalkeeper who’s name I can’t remember.

Yes agree wouldn’t wish mental illness on anyone.

Truss and the lettuce - justified? on 14:26 - Aug 16 with 1083 viewsBerber

Truss and the lettuce - justified? on 15:29 - Aug 15 by saintmark1976

As above, no sympathy whatsoever from me. She falls into the “Unkown unknowns” category. Ie She is completely inept and doesn’t realise it.
Truss and the lettuce - justified? on 15:14 - Aug 16 with 1054 viewsBridders2

Truss and the lettuce - justified? on 14:26 - Aug 16 by Berber

As above, no sympathy whatsoever from me. She falls into the “Unkown unknowns” category. Ie She is completely inept and doesn’t realise it.

Agreed she fu*ked up, and did spook the markets, but it was the Ukraine war that increased inflation around the globe to 10 and 11% not the mini panic caused by Truss.
On a happier note the UK economy grew by 0.6% in the last quarter and 0.7% in the quarter before that, so Sunak has definitely reversed the slide and put the country onto a strong growth trajectory and is forecast to grow quicker than any of the G7. So once again after the shock of a major pandemic and a European war the Conservatives deliver a growing economy. Lucky Labour, let's hope they don't fu*k it up.
Truss and the lettuce - justified? on 15:20 - Aug 16 with 1037 viewsarfurdent

just thought it was a bit unfair on the lettuce

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Truss and the lettuce - justified? on 17:03 - Aug 16 with 966 viewssaintmark1976

Truss and the lettuce - justified? on 15:14 - Aug 16 by Bridders2

Agreed she fu*ked up, and did spook the markets, but it was the Ukraine war that increased inflation around the globe to 10 and 11% not the mini panic caused by Truss.
On a happier note the UK economy grew by 0.6% in the last quarter and 0.7% in the quarter before that, so Sunak has definitely reversed the slide and put the country onto a strong growth trajectory and is forecast to grow quicker than any of the G7. So once again after the shock of a major pandemic and a European war the Conservatives deliver a growing economy. Lucky Labour, let's hope they don't fu*k it up.

If Sunak was so confident that he’d got it right and in his opinion the economy was on the mend, why then did he call an election in July 2024 ?

After all, he could have chosen any other Thursday up to and including January 2025.

If he ever bothers to write his memoirs there will be a large number of recently defeated Conservatives M Ps who will be looking for an answer.

Truss and the lettuce - justified? on 17:24 - Aug 16 with 933 viewsBridders2

Truss and the lettuce - justified? on 17:03 - Aug 16 by saintmark1976

If Sunak was so confident that he’d got it right and in his opinion the economy was on the mend, why then did he call an election in July 2024 ?

After all, he could have chosen any other Thursday up to and including January 2025.

If he ever bothers to write his memoirs there will be a large number of recently defeated Conservatives M Ps who will be looking for an answer.

Thought he could catch Reform on the hop, bad mistake.
Truss and the lettuce - justified? on 10:55 - Aug 17 with 752 viewsDorsetIan

Truss and the lettuce - justified? on 16:38 - Aug 15 by Jellybaby

Blimey, there are so many Lefties on this thread, my screen has gone all lop sided.

You need to free yourself from the straitjacket of seeing everything as Left v Right.

This dichotomy only serves the ruling lizards. You of all people should know that.

Truss and the lettuce - justified? on 10:57 - Aug 17 with 746 viewsdirk_doone

No. It's not fair on the lettuce.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Truss and the lettuce - justified? on 11:05 - Aug 17 with 724 viewsDorsetIan

Truss and the lettuce - justified? on 22:26 - Aug 15 by saintmark1976

She was always pretty deluded about her own self importance. All that Thatcher cosplay stuff when she was foreign sec was pretty mad.

Given the trauma she’s suffered, she’s had to disconnect from reality even more than before.

I guess her family and friends might think it better to let her swan around in circles where her delusions might be considers sane. Actually facing reality is probably too much for her ego atm.

Truss and the lettuce - justified? on 11:17 - Aug 17 with 700 viewsJellybaby

Truss and the lettuce - justified? on 10:55 - Aug 17 by DorsetIan

You need to free yourself from the straitjacket of seeing everything as Left v Right.

This dichotomy only serves the ruling lizards. You of all people should know that.

Impressive Ian, this was exactly the response (apart from the lame lizard part) I was hoping for from you! #soproud

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Truss and the lettuce - justified? on 13:29 - Aug 17 with 648 viewsNewdawn2014

Truss and the lettuce - justified? on 17:20 - Aug 15 by solent_toffee

I saw a clip of that, just before the lettuce was lowered, she was talking and seemed half pissed, talking inane nonsense.

Can’t wait for her tour to come round here, what an evenings entertainment.

presumably she was wearing an ear piece and I hope some said " look out behind you " , she would have gained a few brownie points by staying on stage .
Truss and the lettuce - justified? on 13:46 - Aug 17 with 628 viewsScoot

Fvck off with the fvcking politics on the football thread. You sad little man.

Poll: Should NJ go?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024