Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Serious Disorder in Southport 21:54 - Jul 30 with 22011 viewsSouthamptonfan

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2024/07/30/southport-attack-live-children-injur

All kicking off in Southport and in other parts of the country. This could unfortunately develop. A terrible tragedy, related to Islamist terrorist apparently. Mosques being attacked across the country. Its being kept quiet, but the killer is apparently a Muslim but the lack of information is not helping. National Front far right jumping on the bandwagon. The community wants answers..
[Post edited 30 Jul 22:07]

Poll: Who are you voting for?

Serious Disorder in Southport on 07:13 - Aug 6 with 1557 viewsJellybaby

Serious Disorder in Southport on 16:38 - Aug 5 by DorsetIan

'ruling classes vs the people'

you're a Marxist now?

If believing that every human being has value and should not be immiserated or subjugated by those who rule over them makes me a Marxist in your eyes Friend then so be it, but I think I first learnt this as a kid in Sunday School.

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Serious Disorder in Southport on 07:56 - Aug 6 with 1515 viewsHeisenberg

Bloke launching bricks at police all masked up wearing shorts with tattoos all down his legs sums it up. I bet he says he wasn’t him when he’s knicked.

On a more serious note there are talks that if disorder continues then it could impact on the ability to safely police events including football matches.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Serious Disorder in Southport on 08:07 - Aug 6 with 1507 viewskentsouthampton

Serious Disorder in Southport on 07:56 - Aug 6 by Heisenberg

Bloke launching bricks at police all masked up wearing shorts with tattoos all down his legs sums it up. I bet he says he wasn’t him when he’s knicked.

On a more serious note there are talks that if disorder continues then it could impact on the ability to safely police events including football matches.

First of little Tommy's rabble up in court in Rotherham bursts into tears when he got remanded, how hard is he.
Serious Disorder in Southport on 08:57 - Aug 6 with 1463 viewsChesham_Saint

Serious Disorder in Southport on 07:13 - Aug 6 by Jellybaby

If believing that every human being has value and should not be immiserated or subjugated by those who rule over them makes me a Marxist in your eyes Friend then so be it, but I think I first learnt this as a kid in Sunday School.

Point of order - “every human being has value?”. I think not and refer you to a certain Mr J PFC Westwood. QED.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Serious Disorder in Southport on 10:10 - Aug 6 with 1410 viewsJellybaby

Serious Disorder in Southport on 08:57 - Aug 6 by Chesham_Saint

Point of order - “every human being has value?”. I think not and refer you to a certain Mr J PFC Westwood. QED.

Haha, there's an exception to every rule!

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Serious Disorder in Southport on 17:35 - Aug 6 with 1269 viewskentsouthampton

It's going well.

Serious Disorder in Southport on 18:22 - Aug 6 with 1208 viewssaintmark1976

Serious Disorder in Southport on 18:14 - Aug 5 by Heisenberg

Watch out for the sentences coming. People already identified and named will be spending a long time in prison. Yaxley Lennon when he gets back from sunning himself included.

Today listening to Radio 4 News at 17.00.

It appears that in the vast majority of cases the mindless thugs brought to court over the last few days are being remanded to custody, with their cases to be dealt with at some date in the future, even though they were entering pleas of not guilty.

Suggested also that given the current poor state of the Prison Service re overcrowding, there was no guarantee that they would be remanded to custody anywhere near their home address.

Also mentioned that the current head of the Crown Prosecution Service would, if sufficient evidence was available, apply for extradition and return of any suspects who were not currently residing in the UK.

Poll: On which date will we be relegated ?

Serious Disorder in Southport on 18:28 - Aug 6 with 1204 viewsUTS1885

Anyone seen mention of southampton as per the daily echo nonsense ?

Give me some links for fb or telegram......... cheers

Ive found one post regarding an office near bedford place, is that it ?
Login to get fewer ads

Serious Disorder in Southport on 18:55 - Aug 6 with 1174 viewsSouthSeaSaint

Reckoned he is a Spaniard or some other foreigner.

A true Brit would not have gone down at the merest touch.

Yellow card for feigning injury.

The lady physio looked a bit amatuerish
Serious Disorder in Southport on 20:11 - Aug 6 with 1122 viewssaintwizzler

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Serious Disorder in Southport on 23:46 - Aug 6 with 1004 views1885_SFC

Old School is Cool

Serious Disorder in Southport on 07:47 - Aug 7 with 930 viewskentsouthampton

Serious Disorder in Southport on 23:46 - Aug 6 by 1885_SFC

This coming off the back of fourteen years of tory rule and it's somehow Starmers fault, weapons grade cretin.
[Post edited 7 Aug 7:47]
Serious Disorder in Southport on 08:16 - Aug 7 with 899 viewsUTS1885

The two individuals that violennyly attacked the police have still not been arrested. Whsts that about.
Serious Disorder in Southport on 09:30 - Aug 7 with 868 viewssaint901

I've seen various bonkers conspiracy theories being bandied about on other social media platforms. Like most such theories being posted, if you ask the individuals for proof, either of what they're saying or the research they've done to arrive at their own conclusion, you get either silence or a repetition of the same nonsense.
It seems that people love to be told what to think and do and this is why "Timmy, the nice lad from down the street who would not hurt a fly", is now throwing bricks at the police.
These people are incapable of original thought and love to be told by those with a carefully hidden agenda, that they are being robbed of value by [immigrants/gays/brown people - insert favourite group to hate here] and need to "take action". Interesting to note of course that none of the generals are anywhere near the front line and if a few hundred foot soldiers end up paying the price in fines or prison time, it's all "for the cause".
Now we see deranged billionaire Musk claiming that the UK has a two tier system. Last I looked he does not live here, knows little about us except that we have several million people willing to pay him money. He is, I suggest, tending toward the right wing because dictators can influence/instruct their sheep to buy his products.
The tragic incident of a UK born individual who has brown skin and clearly is seriously ill and who has perpetrated a horrendous crime, has been hijacked by the far right and bloated by their lies and misinformation.
I have no idea if that individual claims to follow the rules of Christianity or Islam or Buddha or Jackanory. It should not matter. But it does, because the far right love to conflate religion and acts of violence as some sort of justification for their supporters to terrify those already here because of terror.
All of the people I know who claim to be Muslim (wholly or partly) find that the hate being preached in the name of the prophet to be a grotesque twisting of the central message of the religion. The days of Muslim scholars saying that everybody should be Muslim and if not, should be forced to be or be killed, really ended with the Crusades in the 12th century. Do we really think that those ideas still hold sway 900 years later?
Sadly, people love to be sheep and be led around because it's easier than thinking. Until that ends, Timmy from down the street will collect a criminal record and live on benefits all his life because he makes himself unemployable. And the leaders and supporters of such actions - Yaxley/Lennon, Andrew Tate, Laurence Fox, Farage - are very happy to sacrifice Timmy from down the street to their cause.
Serious Disorder in Southport on 09:37 - Aug 7 with 860 viewskentsouthampton

Fourteen years of the Tories denigrating foreigners and anyone who happens not to be white and heterosexual and we end up here, why is anyone even surprised.
Serious Disorder in Southport on 09:48 - Aug 7 with 837 viewsSouthamptonfan

Serious Disorder in Southport on 09:37 - Aug 7 by kentsouthampton

Fourteen years of the Tories denigrating foreigners and anyone who happens not to be white and heterosexual and we end up here, why is anyone even surprised.

Under the Tories they legalised gay marriage, and immigration has exploded. We have had our first Asian PM ever, who isn't white and led the party. Gay rights have never been stronger l am really not sure what you are talking about.

Poll: Who are you voting for?

Serious Disorder in Southport on 10:37 - Aug 7 with 802 viewssaint901

https://migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/resources/briefings/long-term-internationa

Immigration to the UK (legal or otherwise) seems to be a trigger for the morons with nothing better to do than add to their collection of anti social vices and Court orders.

How many understand the issue?

The link here has some interesting views.

I have NOT checked out the authors behind the views and have NOT therefore verified whether they have connections with various groups with an agenda.

I will say that much of what they say appears to be solidly based in statistics and reason.

You may make of it what you will.

For me it says that the "problem" is one born of the UK's need to entice immigrants to our country in order to contribute to its continued growth.

The sudden increases are not because of Tory policy or Labour policy. They are a function partly of Brexit (which saw a lot of people leave the UK) and war and terror elsewhere in the world.

Personally therefore I would not be laying the blame for the "immigration problem" at the door of Cruella or Comrade Corbyn (before he went so far to the left he was out of sight) but on geopolitics.

Do we think that Timmy from down the street knows or cares about geopolitics?
Serious Disorder in Southport on 11:25 - Aug 7 with 778 viewssaintmark1976

Serious Disorder in Southport on 09:30 - Aug 7 by saint901

I've seen various bonkers conspiracy theories being bandied about on other social media platforms. Like most such theories being posted, if you ask the individuals for proof, either of what they're saying or the research they've done to arrive at their own conclusion, you get either silence or a repetition of the same nonsense.
It seems that people love to be told what to think and do and this is why "Timmy, the nice lad from down the street who would not hurt a fly", is now throwing bricks at the police.
These people are incapable of original thought and love to be told by those with a carefully hidden agenda, that they are being robbed of value by [immigrants/gays/brown people - insert favourite group to hate here] and need to "take action". Interesting to note of course that none of the generals are anywhere near the front line and if a few hundred foot soldiers end up paying the price in fines or prison time, it's all "for the cause".
Now we see deranged billionaire Musk claiming that the UK has a two tier system. Last I looked he does not live here, knows little about us except that we have several million people willing to pay him money. He is, I suggest, tending toward the right wing because dictators can influence/instruct their sheep to buy his products.
The tragic incident of a UK born individual who has brown skin and clearly is seriously ill and who has perpetrated a horrendous crime, has been hijacked by the far right and bloated by their lies and misinformation.
I have no idea if that individual claims to follow the rules of Christianity or Islam or Buddha or Jackanory. It should not matter. But it does, because the far right love to conflate religion and acts of violence as some sort of justification for their supporters to terrify those already here because of terror.
All of the people I know who claim to be Muslim (wholly or partly) find that the hate being preached in the name of the prophet to be a grotesque twisting of the central message of the religion. The days of Muslim scholars saying that everybody should be Muslim and if not, should be forced to be or be killed, really ended with the Crusades in the 12th century. Do we really think that those ideas still hold sway 900 years later?
Sadly, people love to be sheep and be led around because it's easier than thinking. Until that ends, Timmy from down the street will collect a criminal record and live on benefits all his life because he makes himself unemployable. And the leaders and supporters of such actions - Yaxley/Lennon, Andrew Tate, Laurence Fox, Farage - are very happy to sacrifice Timmy from down the street to their cause.

A very thoughtful and illuminating contribution saint901 which must have taken you considerable time to compose and deliver. Thank you.

I’m sure many who read it will compare your efforts with that of the contributor who for reasons known only to himself thought to enlighten us all by posting a picture of a doll in a box. If ever proof of Mark Twains expression “ Never argue with stupid people because they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience” was required, we now have no need to look any further.

Poll: On which date will we be relegated ?

Serious Disorder in Southport on 13:34 - Aug 7 with 684 viewsBazza

Serious Disorder in Southport on 09:30 - Aug 7 by saint901

Interesting if overlong review but you gave away your bias when you added Farage to the list of known agitators
Serious Disorder in Southport on 14:00 - Aug 7 with 647 viewsUTS1885

It’s the failure of ‘governments’ from around 2007 onwards, when the country took on uncontrolled immigration from Eastern Europe. Then on top we now see tens of thousands of illegal imigrants all male and 20 something, here on boats that we don’t need. It’s costing taxpayers millions per day . This of course isn’t just a problem here it’s happened in many countries in Europe.

The media are now whipping up the hysteria and making it worse.
Serious Disorder in Southport on 14:10 - Aug 7 with 627 viewsyateleysaint

Serious Disorder in Southport on 07:47 - Aug 7 by kentsouthampton

This coming off the back of fourteen years of tory rule and it's somehow Starmers fault, weapons grade cretin.
[Post edited 7 Aug 7:47]

Yep, 14 years of dog whistle Tory racism scapegoating fuming rants and it’s all Starmer’s fault for not fixing it in a fortnight.

You cannot reason a person out of something they were not reasoned into.

Serious Disorder in Southport on 14:15 - Aug 7 with 624 viewsfranniesTache

Serious Disorder in Southport on 14:10 - Aug 7 by yateleysaint

Yep, 14 years of dog whistle Tory racism scapegoating fuming rants and it’s all Starmer’s fault for not fixing it in a fortnight.

I mean the riots are no ones fault expect for the people taking part in them.

If you're stupid enough to loot greggs, attack the police or try and burn down hotels with people in them, then it's not "starmers fault", it's your fault. That's why you'll be going to jail.

Now what the root cause to how we ended up in a place where people made that choice (themselves) then that's a very different conversation, but it's definitely not the action of one or two press conferences that happened after you'd started rioting.

Honestly that's just a bollocks excuse so people don't take responsibility for their own dumb actions.
Serious Disorder in Southport on 14:36 - Aug 7 with 587 viewsSouthSeaSaint

To be fair not all Tories are as you bad as you make out.
However they all bear collective responsibility for those on the extreme right who are more aligned with Farage and his crew.
Serious Disorder in Southport on 15:23 - Aug 7 with 524 viewsBazza

Serious Disorder in Southport on 14:36 - Aug 7 by SouthSeaSaint

To be fair not all Tories are as you bad as you make out.
However they all bear collective responsibility for those on the extreme right who are more aligned with Farage and his crew.

Plainly a dumb comment. So someone votes Tory in say Southampton and years later causes a riot in Sunderland. Really!
Serious Disorder in Southport on 15:29 - Aug 7 with 503 viewssaint901

Serious Disorder in Southport on 13:34 - Aug 7 by Bazza

Interesting if overlong review but you gave away your bias when you added Farage to the list of known agitators

I do have a bias against people I consider damage the image of the UK.

(More precisely perhaps what I think that image should be).

I am not a fan of what I call "digital politics" whereby Mr X is always right and Mr Y is always wrong. Nothing in politics is ever that simple.

I'm also not a fan of people who use our Parliamentary system (and other systems) to boost their own image.

Accordingly I am not keen on Farage who uses his privilege as an MP to push a series of views and opinions that make it look as though the UK should be a closed society with its doors firmly closed to all comers.

I was not keen on Corbyn who wanted us to become a satellite of Russia. I am not keen on MPs who cannot or will not think for themselves and we can add names to that list as our prejudices lie.

So not Farage for me. He won votes because many Tory voters think that is where the Tory party should be - and that worries me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024