Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Serious Disorder in Southport 21:54 - Jul 30 with 21732 viewsSouthamptonfan

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2024/07/30/southport-attack-live-children-injur

All kicking off in Southport and in other parts of the country. This could unfortunately develop. A terrible tragedy, related to Islamist terrorist apparently. Mosques being attacked across the country. Its being kept quiet, but the killer is apparently a Muslim but the lack of information is not helping. National Front far right jumping on the bandwagon. The community wants answers..
[Post edited 30 Jul 22:07]

Poll: Who are you voting for?

Serious Disorder in Southport on 02:26 - Jul 31 with 1615 viewssaint22

Serious Disorder in Southport on 22:55 - Jul 30 by 1885_SFC

This is the Britain of today, and I cannot see things ever returning to better days.

The guy who stabbed 2 university students and a school caretaker in Nottingham last year, the bloke who stabbed an Army officer at the base gate the other week, the dear little ones stabbed yesterday in Southport.

Whether it's religious, racial, or mental health related, this country has well & truly gone down the sh1tter, sadly.

14 years of Tory rule and brexit has left this country bankrupt in every sense
Serious Disorder in Southport on 08:09 - Jul 31 with 1491 viewssaintmark1976

Serious Disorder in Southport on 23:13 - Jul 30 by 1885_SFC

They named James Bulger's killers but not the scumbag who murdered these poor little girls.

Can't have it both ways. The police won’t name him because he’s only 17 too young to name, but Labour wants give 16 - 17 year olds the right to vote.

1885 S F C, for goodness sake calm down.

Your attempt to use an incident where as yet the full facts are not yet known, to possibly deny 16 year olds the right to vote in the future is frankly ridiculous.

Why? Because whist there may be other good reasons to deny them the franchise, every sensible man and his dog can see that the incident under discussion is not one of them.

Poll: On which date will we be relegated ?

Serious Disorder in Southport on 08:09 - Jul 31 with 1491 viewsSalisburySaint

Serious Disorder in Southport on 22:40 - Jul 30 by Chesham_Saint

This can only be making those poor, poor bereaved parents feel even worse. If that’s possible. Those rioters are utter morons.

Spot on Chesham, how does the action of the rioters help the poor parents
Serious Disorder in Southport on 09:00 - Jul 31 with 1457 viewsHeisenberg

Serious Disorder in Southport on 08:09 - Jul 31 by SalisburySaint

Spot on Chesham, how does the action of the rioters help the poor parents

Angry white men boozing all day in the hot weather trample over the memory of those poor girls and their families. Chanting Tommy Robinson songs and injuring nearly 40 police officers and 3 dogs.

Time to take a stand including against the likes of Farage Anderson and Braverman who embolden these far right Neanderthals with their rhetoric.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Serious Disorder in Southport on 09:08 - Jul 31 with 1451 viewsChesham_Saint

Serious Disorder in Southport on 00:50 - Jul 31 by saint22

Farages fans out in force

You’re seriously saying that all that voted Reform (and I certainly didn’t) would support mob rule?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Serious Disorder in Southport on 09:27 - Jul 31 with 1423 viewsBazza

Serious Disorder in Southport on 02:26 - Jul 31 by saint22

14 years of Tory rule and brexit has left this country bankrupt in every sense

So how does Brexit fuel this behaviour? You and others should remember the numerous riots that have happened in the last 50 years.
Serious Disorder in Southport on 09:30 - Jul 31 with 1421 viewsHeisenberg

Serious Disorder in Southport on 09:08 - Jul 31 by Chesham_Saint

You’re seriously saying that all that voted Reform (and I certainly didn’t) would support mob rule?

No the majority of people who voted for Reform do not support mob rule but Anderson and Farage are stirring things up. Farage is at it today with his calling for the name of the accused person. Despite it being the law of the land that children accused of crimes are guaranteed anonymity until a court decides otherwise.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Serious Disorder in Southport on 09:31 - Jul 31 with 1418 viewsUTS1885

Ha ha 😁 one on the canister and then…..

[Post edited 31 Jul 9:32]
Login to get fewer ads

Serious Disorder in Southport on 09:45 - Jul 31 with 1393 viewsSaintNick

Serious Disorder in Southport on 09:31 - Jul 31 by UTS1885

Ha ha 😁 one on the canister and then…..

[Post edited 31 Jul 9:32]

It reminds me of the scenes when I watched Southport play Rochdale back in the old Division 4 when Hugh Fished managed them there was a bit of a brawl that day on the terraces, 20 a side plus the police

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Serious Disorder in Southport on 09:54 - Jul 31 with 1376 views1885_SFC

Serious Disorder in Southport on 08:09 - Jul 31 by saintmark1976

1885 S F C, for goodness sake calm down.

Your attempt to use an incident where as yet the full facts are not yet known, to possibly deny 16 year olds the right to vote in the future is frankly ridiculous.

Why? Because whist there may be other good reasons to deny them the franchise, every sensible man and his dog can see that the incident under discussion is not one of them.

You've missed my point.

If you're going to be old enough to vote at 16 and 17, then you're going to be old enough to take responsibility for your actions elsewhere in life at that age, surely? Nothing to do with denying them the vote.

Old School is Cool

Serious Disorder in Southport on 12:57 - Jul 31 with 1296 viewsSaintEPW

Defining this as " Islamic " terrorism is also jumping on the band wagon.

That is simply untrue - and why does this get peddled automatically - and what is the peddler of this untrue information seeking to do ? If an Irish person kills people do we say Irish Terrorism. This is what the thugs who attacked police in Southport do - they justify their ignorance by spouting such distortion.
Serious Disorder in Southport on 13:05 - Jul 31 with 1275 viewsSonicBoom

I saw some plum on twitter demand a ban on knives.
Not sure how that would work!
There's a ban on guns, which is easier to do, but knives? You'd only need rudimentary metalwork skills and you could make anything you want anyway.
Serious Disorder in Southport on 13:15 - Jul 31 with 1260 viewsyateleysaint

Serious Disorder in Southport on 12:57 - Jul 31 by SaintEPW

Defining this as " Islamic " terrorism is also jumping on the band wagon.

That is simply untrue - and why does this get peddled automatically - and what is the peddler of this untrue information seeking to do ? If an Irish person kills people do we say Irish Terrorism. This is what the thugs who attacked police in Southport do - they justify their ignorance by spouting such distortion.

This is Welsh terrorism as the killer was born in Cardiff.

I saw someone saying FashBook saying stop the boats in response to this crime but this guy arrived via birth canal rather than dinghy so I don’t think that would help.

Soon we will all be speaking Welsh and having to pick one from Cardiff, Swansea or Wrexham to support.

We will have to swap our human partners for sheep and sing Men of Harlech at sporting events, boyo.

Where will it all end?

You cannot reason a person out of something they were not reasoned into.

Serious Disorder in Southport on 13:34 - Jul 31 with 1237 viewssaintmark1976

Serious Disorder in Southport on 09:54 - Jul 31 by 1885_SFC

You've missed my point.

If you're going to be old enough to vote at 16 and 17, then you're going to be old enough to take responsibility for your actions elsewhere in life at that age, surely? Nothing to do with denying them the vote.

No disrespect intended 1885 SFC but I’m still none the wiser as to what your “ point “ actually now is.

Quite clearly the inference of your first contribution was to suggest that because perhaps ( we don’t know for certain yet ) one very young person under the current age of majority may have committed a heinous crime all young people need to barred from voting in the future. That’s what you implied and it’s plain for us all to see.

In addition (for reasons best known to yourself) you were attempting to make a connection between an event that shocks us all to the core and the Labour Party when clearly there is no such connection.

As I commented previously it’s my opinion that you ( and many others ) would be well served in taking a deep breath and calming down until the full facts of this heartbreaking event are known.

Serious Disorder in Southport on 14:13 - Jul 31 with 1207 viewsBazza

Seems likely it’s used as an excuse for the English Defence League thugs to create mayhem. Not Labour not Tory, not Reform, not Brexit, not Hugh Edwards. What did I miss out?
More seriously street riots are not as unusual as we like to think.
Serious Disorder in Southport on 14:50 - Jul 31 with 1176 viewssaint22

Serious Disorder in Southport on 09:08 - Jul 31 by Chesham_Saint

Not Mob rule but the anti foreigner slant to all this
Serious Disorder in Southport on 16:13 - Jul 31 with 1118 viewsUTS1885

Let’s be clear last night was a very minor affair on mostly one street, the last real riot in this country was in 2011, when the police shot dead the gangster in north London. There was major looting, shops burnt down and it spread across the country.

I firmly believe the situation in this country will get a lot worse because of the uncontrolled immigration in this country over the last 15 years at least. We now also have thousands of illegal immigrants housed costing tax payers millions per day or roaming the streets. In Southampton there has been a number of crimes committed by them from burglary to knife muggings. Those in government have failed to address all of this and allowed it to happen.
Serious Disorder in Southport on 16:16 - Jul 31 with 1115 viewssaint901

First, our thoughts must be with the survivors of this act of senseless violence and the parents and family of those who died or were injured.

Second, the far right is desperate for attention and try to achieve this by making up stories which have little or no foundation in the truth. The opening post in this thread fell for the lies being put out to poison people's minds.

Third, if we make exceptions to the rule of law by (for example) naming a suspect in a case before charges have been laid or a Court has considered the case, then we risk a lowering of standards to the detriment of all.

Fourth, this type of event in the UK is exceedingly rare. Outside of children caught in gang related shootings, perhaps the last event was the Dunblane situation in the 1990's. To claim that we need to adopt extreme security measures to counter a once in a decade event is an over reaction. For example in 2021, more than 500 children were killed or seriously injured in traffic accidents. We don't call for all cars to be taken off the road or speed to be 20mph nationwide.

Lastly, the very nature of these events make them almost impossible to predict and therefore prevent. We know little about this suspect to date and nothing about his motive. If we allow people to seize the narrative here and use it as an excuse for racist violence, we all lose.

By all means have some sympathy for those impacted but save your anger for the morons who are led by the nose by those of little more intelligence to acts of misguided violence.
Serious Disorder in Southport on 16:36 - Jul 31 with 1100 viewssaintmark1976

Serious Disorder in Southport on 16:13 - Jul 31 by UTS1885

Let’s be clear last night was a very minor affair on mostly one street, the last real riot in this country was in 2011, when the police shot dead the gangster in north London. There was major looting, shops burnt down and it spread across the country.

I firmly believe the situation in this country will get a lot worse because of the uncontrolled immigration in this country over the last 15 years at least. We now also have thousands of illegal immigrants housed costing tax payers millions per day or roaming the streets. In Southampton there has been a number of crimes committed by them from burglary to knife muggings. Those in government have failed to address all of this and allowed it to happen.

U T S 1885, just to correct a popularly held misconception :-

The people you refer to as illegal immigrants are in fact under international law, asylum seekers.

They only become illegal immigrants if their request for asylum fails and they remain in the country.

One of the biggest failings of our last Government ( amongst many others ) was that they allowed a backlog of well over 100,000 cases of requests for asylum to mount up over many years. The ridiculous situation then arose in that the asylum seekers had to housed at public expense but were unable to work because their case remained in an enormous backlog.

Please don’t also lose sight of the fact that during the year 2023 ( last figs available) legal immigration alone to the UK was 672,000.

Serious Disorder in Southport on 17:45 - Jul 31 with 1055 viewskingslandstand1

Serious Disorder in Southport on 13:15 - Jul 31 by yateleysaint

This is Welsh terrorism as the killer was born in Cardiff.

I saw someone saying FashBook saying stop the boats in response to this crime but this guy arrived via birth canal rather than dinghy so I don’t think that would help.

Soon we will all be speaking Welsh and having to pick one from Cardiff, Swansea or Wrexham to support.

We will have to swap our human partners for sheep and sing Men of Harlech at sporting events, boyo.

Where will it all end?

Don't think I've heard one reason for the atrocity yet saying that the guy "who cannot be named" is just a headcase (which he clearly is no matter what his incentive for doing this is) and the fact that he may or not be a Muslim (from Rwanda where we were about to send all the boat people) is totally irrelevant other than giving the Far Right )?) an excuse to kick all Muslims and and knock sh1t out of that area of Southport
Serious Disorder in Southport on 21:51 - Jul 31 with 956 viewsronan006

Serious Disorder in Southport on 01:10 - Jul 31 by Bridders2

Totally agree, the consequence of years liberal/leftl policies, and it's only going to get worse, I really fear for my kids.

These events are still very rare , your kids are much safer here than say the US . Doesn't make what happened in Stockport any less sad though .
Serious Disorder in Southport on 01:32 - Aug 1 with 891 viewssaint22

Serious Disorder in Southport on 09:27 - Jul 31 by Bazza

So how does Brexit fuel this behaviour? You and others should remember the numerous riots that have happened in the last 50 years.

Farage spouting his garbage again that’s how
Inciting the ‘Tommy Robinson wannabees’
It’s cringeworthy
No better than the redneck trump fans
Serious Disorder in Southport on 06:54 - Aug 1 with 839 viewsBazza

Serious Disorder in Southport on 01:32 - Aug 1 by saint22

Farage spouting his garbage again that’s how
Inciting the ‘Tommy Robinson wannabees’
It’s cringeworthy
No better than the redneck trump fans

So as usual you are unable to justify your biased vitriol. Perhaps you’ve been watching the one sided discussion on the last Newsnight notable for the ramble from one of Tony Blair’s best buddies.
Serious Disorder in Southport on 07:01 - Aug 1 with 837 viewssaint22

Serious Disorder in Southport on 06:54 - Aug 1 by Bazza

So as usual you are unable to justify your biased vitriol. Perhaps you’ve been watching the one sided discussion on the last Newsnight notable for the ramble from one of Tony Blair’s best buddies.

Ok pal you just keep on that path of ignorance
Serious Disorder in Southport on 07:25 - Aug 1 with 803 viewssaintmark1976

Serious Disorder in Southport on 06:54 - Aug 1 by Bazza

Perhaps Mr Farage would be better served paying attention to the concerns of the residents of Clacton and their problems. After all, that’s what he was elected to Parliament to do at the seventh attempt was it not ?

Hopefully Mr Trump will now lose in November and be finally consigned to the political dustbin thus giving Nigel one less excuse to be out of the country and much more time to look after the needs of those who elected him in July.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024