Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Micky Mellon 16:55 - May 27 with 20297 viewsN_T_J

Even money now!!
Micky Mellon on 14:41 - May 28 with 2436 viewsPentyrchJack

Micky Mellon on 14:25 - May 28 by Swanseaman

Good point, and it is probably because you know nothing of him that he comes across as sounding like a moron to you. But what if it had been Pep Guardiola who had said this?

I can't defend him, he may not do well for us, but he does have an excellent track record of motivational management. if reading all these books has helped him achieve this, well it's nearly 3 years since that article so he will have read a lot more books by now.

Is this the motivational technique you are talking about?

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Micky Mellon on 14:43 - May 28 with 2429 viewsSwanseaman

2 good articles

This one mentions that mellon's style of play may not suit us and that he hasn't been playing younger players much: 'Mellon at Tranmere had the fourth oldest average age in their starting lineups in Sky Bet League One with the average age of 27 years old.

Therefore, even though Mellon is undoubtedly a great manager who can work miracles on small budgets he doesn’t fit the ‘Swansea way’ and it would be a huge gamble for them to take.' https://footballbh.net/2019/05/24/tactical-preview-newport-county-tranmere-rover

This one looks deeper into his tactics:
https://footballbh.net/2019/05/24/tactical-preview-newport-county-tranmere-rover

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Micky Mellon on 14:45 - May 28 with 2407 viewsSwanseaman

Micky Mellon on 14:41 - May 28 by PentyrchJack

Is this the motivational technique you are talking about?

That could work : )

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Micky Mellon on 15:21 - May 28 with 2269 viewsTecmo

I'd rather they look at Ryan Lowe. His Bury side was far better than Tranmere, plays a style closer to Swansea's and he's looking for a new job given Bury's financial issues.
Micky Mellon on 15:51 - May 28 with 2160 viewslondonlisa2001

Micky Mellon on 14:25 - May 28 by Swanseaman

Good point, and it is probably because you know nothing of him that he comes across as sounding like a moron to you. But what if it had been Pep Guardiola who had said this?

I can't defend him, he may not do well for us, but he does have an excellent track record of motivational management. if reading all these books has helped him achieve this, well it's nearly 3 years since that article so he will have read a lot more books by now.

I can safely say that I would believe anyone who said reading the Godfather was evidence of their research into leadership techniques sounded like a moron. Pep included.

That doesn’t mean he is a moron, just that he sounds like one in that article.
Micky Mellon on 15:53 - May 28 with 2153 viewscentrestandswan

Didn't Lorente score a hat trick against this blokes' team in the cup for Spurs, if he does come hope he leaves the number 5 behind needs a little gym working out in my opinion.

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Micky Mellon on 15:59 - May 28 with 2128 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Micky Mellon on 15:53 - May 28 by centrestandswan

Didn't Lorente score a hat trick against this blokes' team in the cup for Spurs, if he does come hope he leaves the number 5 behind needs a little gym working out in my opinion.

Well that’s a fair comparison. Top 4 premier league (and champions league finalists) vs 4 tier team). Clucking bell mun

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Micky Mellon on 16:02 - May 28 with 2110 viewsangryjack

The same Micky Mellon who thought Dan James wasn't good enough at shrewsbury
Login to get fewer ads

Micky Mellon on 16:05 - May 28 with 2085 viewscentrestandswan

Micky Mellon on 15:59 - May 28 by Brynmill_Jack

Well that’s a fair comparison. Top 4 premier league (and champions league finalists) vs 4 tier team). Clucking bell mun

No sense of humour some of us. 🥧

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Micky Mellon on 16:08 - May 28 with 2075 viewsSwansea93

Micky Mellon on 16:02 - May 28 by angryjack

The same Micky Mellon who thought Dan James wasn't good enough at shrewsbury

I could be wrong but I'm sure Paul Hurst was manager of Shrewsbury then and they were on a great run at the time

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Micky Mellon on 16:08 - May 28 with 2075 viewsmonmouth

5 pages? Come on, surely to god we’re not having Micky Mellon, are we?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Micky Mellon on 16:11 - May 28 with 2061 viewsangryjack

Micky Mellon on 16:08 - May 28 by Swansea93

I could be wrong but I'm sure Paul Hurst was manager of Shrewsbury then and they were on a great run at the time

Could be right but Dan James went ther pre season so they couldn't been on hell of a run whoever was there
Micky Mellon on 16:14 - May 28 with 2046 viewsSwanseaman

Micky Mellon on 15:51 - May 28 by londonlisa2001

I can safely say that I would believe anyone who said reading the Godfather was evidence of their research into leadership techniques sounded like a moron. Pep included.

The godfather movie is renowned for leadership techniques it has in it, type "the godfather leadership" into google.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/gb/blog/cutting-edge-leadership/201608/leadershi

http://www.amadeus.com/nablog/2016/08/7-leadership-lessons-from-the-godfather/li

https://www.livechatinc.com/blog/emotional-intelligence-in-leadership/

Micky Mellon on 16:23 - May 28 with 2000 viewslondonlisa2001

Micky Mellon on 16:14 - May 28 by Swanseaman

The godfather movie is renowned for leadership techniques it has in it, type "the godfather leadership" into google.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/gb/blog/cutting-edge-leadership/201608/leadershi

http://www.amadeus.com/nablog/2016/08/7-leadership-lessons-from-the-godfather/li

Oh dear God.
Micky Mellon on 16:30 - May 28 with 1965 viewsSwanDownUnder

Micky Mellon on 16:14 - May 28 by Swanseaman

I'm sold, lets make him an offer he can't refuse!
Micky Mellon on 16:33 - May 28 with 1953 viewsdobjack2

I don’t know so much.

If in our relegation season someone scary had come into the dressing room and told a few players they’ll “sleep with the fishes” unless they work harder perhaps we wouldn’t have gone down.
Micky Mellon on 16:35 - May 28 with 1947 viewsjackrmee

Micky Mellon on 18:32 - May 27 by magicdaps10

Not for me and would be totally underwhelmed by him but I would back him 100%.

I've been totally underwhelmed with an appointment before now. Yet Brendan turned out to be something special.
Carvahal on the other hand...

Extremely chuffed with an appointment also...
Laudrup was a success, Clement not.

Impossible to judge by impressions alone. I would prefer that Danish bugger from FCN, but will support Mr Mellon and judge him on his approach and the job he does if he comes.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Micky Mellon on 16:35 - May 28 with 1943 viewsSwanseaman

Micky Mellon on 16:30 - May 28 by SwanDownUnder

I'm sold, lets make him an offer he can't refuse!

lol, as long as he doesn't go as far as kneecapping any rival teams players...

Micky Mellon on 16:38 - May 28 with 1927 viewsbermudajack

Micky Mellon on 16:33 - May 28 by dobjack2

I don’t know so much.

If in our relegation season someone scary had come into the dressing room and told a few players they’ll “sleep with the fishes” unless they work harder perhaps we wouldn’t have gone down.

If this happens it will remind me of the Russel Slade appointment by them up the road 😳🙈

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Micky Mellon on 16:41 - May 28 with 1913 viewsjackrmee

Micky Mellon on 18:46 - May 27 by Groo

So in 8 years he's managed 3 teams (4 if you include a 3 game spell as Barnsley caretaker) and has 5 promotions.

Manager
Fleetwood Town
Conference Premier Champions (1): 2011—12[18]
Conference North Play-offs Winners (1): 2009—10[15]
Shrewsbury Town
League Two Runners-Up (1): 2014—15[49]
Tranmere Rovers
National League Play-off Winners (1): 2017—18
League Two Play-off Winners (1): 2018—19

I can see why everyone's against him.

Big step up, but impressive.
But does he play "the Sawonzee way?"

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Micky Mellon on 16:56 - May 28 with 1861 viewsSwanseaman

Micky Mellon on 16:33 - May 28 by dobjack2

I don’t know so much.

by all accounts Mellon seems the total opposite of Carvalhal. When the pressure was on Carvalhal, he became completely defensive, no confidence, and was unable to change tactics to suit the game.

Micky Mellon on 17:06 - May 28 with 1818 viewsjackrmee

Micky Mellon on 12:56 - May 28 by BytholWyn

"Very little is tactics."

Thanks you for your time Mr Mellon.

Yeah, I wasn't warmed by that part either.
I agree that mentality and the mind are neglected in football, but surely tactics play a massive part. I loved the way Potter was able to switch things in so many ways last year. I love it when Pep speaks about how he wants his players to understand football deeply.
However, if tactics haven't got this guy the results, then something sure as hell has...

Micky Mellon on 17:09 - May 28 with 1800 viewsjackrmee

Micky Mellon on 13:21 - May 28 by Brynmill_Jack

I know Wikipedia isn’t the best source but his career has far more ups than downs and some good cup runs to boot. I don’t think he’d have got 5 promotions in 10 seasons if he didn’t have the tactics. Reading what some of his Tranmere players say he seems to favour a passing game with as much time possible spent in the opposition half. Brendan was on the scrap heap hen we appointed him so this lad deserves a chance. We could give him a two year contract so it doesn’t kill us if it goes wrong. I’d prefer him over CT and the likes ofBatistuta at the moment.

Robbo seems to approve...
"He [Mellon] gets the best out of what he has to work with," Robinson told BBC Radio Wales Breakfast.

"If it was to be Swansea City, the identity of the club, the Swansea way - the way we play - he wouldn't come away from that because that's his philosophy anyway.

"But he's adaptable as well, he's a good guy in football and he knows what it takes to win a football game."

Micky Mellon on 17:18 - May 28 with 1754 viewsjackrmee

The Godfather was actually based on various real life 'Dons' of the Cosa Nostra, so very factual and one could probably indeed learn a lot from it.

Micky Mellon on 17:25 - May 28 with 1718 viewslondonlisa2001

Micky Mellon on 17:18 - May 28 by jackrmee

The Godfather was actually based on various real life 'Dons' of the Cosa Nostra, so very factual and one could probably indeed learn a lot from it.

I think you’re missing the point I’m making.

If someone has studied psychology and behaviour, leadership etc extensively and talks about a work of fiction in that context, fine. If someone holds it up as the first example of their ‘study’ , it makes them sound like a moron.

It’s an excellent book. An even better film (first two anyway). Not the point.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024