Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Micky Mellon 16:55 - May 27 with 20296 viewsN_T_J

Even money now!!
Micky Mellon on 18:46 - May 27 with 2955 viewsGroo

So in 8 years he's managed 3 teams (4 if you include a 3 game spell as Barnsley caretaker) and has 5 promotions.

Manager
Fleetwood Town
Conference Premier Champions (1): 2011—12[18]
Conference North Play-offs Winners (1): 2009—10[15]
Shrewsbury Town
League Two Runners-Up (1): 2014—15[49]
Tranmere Rovers
National League Play-off Winners (1): 2017—18
League Two Play-off Winners (1): 2018—19

I can see why everyone's against him.

Groo does what Groo does best

Micky Mellon on 18:49 - May 27 with 2929 viewsTNT

Micky Mellon on 18:22 - May 27 by ymaohyd

We are going to sound really fuc king stupid chanting...Micky Mellon's barmy army!

Maybe it's a good job we're not singing our manager's name any more.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Micky Mellon on 18:49 - May 27 with 2925 viewsSwanseaman

Micky Mellon on 18:46 - May 27 by Groo

So in 8 years he's managed 3 teams (4 if you include a 3 game spell as Barnsley caretaker) and has 5 promotions.

Manager
Fleetwood Town
Shrewsbury Town
Tranmere Rovers

I'm not against him.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Micky Mellon on 18:50 - May 27 with 2918 viewsSwansea93

Don't write this guy off, Chris Wilder didn't have a great managerial record yet he's just took Sheffield United to the Premier League.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Micky Mellon on 18:52 - May 27 with 2892 viewssainthelens

We'll all back him FFS, that's a given.
But on what planet is he the answer?
Micky Mellon on 18:54 - May 27 with 2869 viewsJonathans_coat

Micky Mellon on 18:46 - May 27 by Groo

Manager
Fleetwood Town
Shrewsbury Town
Tranmere Rovers

Sure he’s not a “big name”, but he is a proven lower league manager. Check out his record and it’s very impressive, all be it at a lower level. Maybe he deserves a shot at the big time?

He will know how to work with no money anyway.
Micky Mellon on 18:58 - May 27 with 2838 viewsAngelRangelQS

Micky Mellon on 18:54 - May 27 by Jonathans_coat

Sure he’s not a “big name”, but he is a proven lower league manager. Check out his record and it’s very impressive, all be it at a lower level. Maybe he deserves a shot at the big time?

He will know how to work with no money anyway.

I agree with all of this but we are hardly “the big time” are we?

If he stays with Tranmere he’ll be managing just one league below us next season.
[Post edited 27 May 2019 18:58]
Micky Mellon on 19:03 - May 27 with 2801 viewsJonathans_coat

Micky Mellon on 18:58 - May 27 by AngelRangelQS

I agree with all of this but we are hardly “the big time” are we?

If he stays with Tranmere he’ll be managing just one league below us next season.
[Post edited 27 May 2019 18:58]

My point being, he has never managed higher than L1, and SCFC is a way “bigger club” than Fleetwood, Shrewsbury and Tranmere. (These days anyway)

I’m not saying we are Barca, but he will think he has a (admittedly long) shot at the Premier league here.
Login to get fewer ads

Micky Mellon on 19:07 - May 27 with 2763 viewsAngelRangelQS

Micky Mellon on 19:03 - May 27 by Jonathans_coat

My point being, he has never managed higher than L1, and SCFC is a way “bigger club” than Fleetwood, Shrewsbury and Tranmere. (These days anyway)

I’m not saying we are Barca, but he will think he has a (admittedly long) shot at the Premier league here.

I agree mate. It’s certainly a step up for him but given where we are at the moment it’s not a huge one, in theory. He may be crap and it may prove to be a step too far for him personally but going from getting a team promoted into league one and then joining a mid table championship team with little prospects of going up, isn’t unusual.
Micky Mellon on 19:08 - May 27 with 2756 viewsSwanseaman

Micky Mellon on 19:03 - May 27 by Jonathans_coat

he would be very motivated here, and has shown he gets teams playing for him, a big plus to have.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Micky Mellon on 19:15 - May 27 with 2700 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Micky Mellon on 19:07 - May 27 by AngelRangelQS

I agree mate. It’s certainly a step up for him but given where we are at the moment it’s not a huge one, in theory. He may be crap and it may prove to be a step too far for him personally but going from getting a team promoted into league one and then joining a mid table championship team with little prospects of going up, isn’t unusual.

Give him a performance related contract . Simples.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Micky Mellon on 19:16 - May 27 with 2681 viewsraynor94

Looking at his record, he's a serial winner, and has earned his chance, Wilder and Smith, earned their chances from the bottom.

Let's stop being so precious

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Micky Mellon on 19:28 - May 27 with 2624 viewsoldcob

Trouble is lads and lasses, the managers we'd all be approving of, wouldn't come here for the money we'd be prepared to pay. We are beggars now not choosers. Let's all wake up to living our lives with the Yanks in charge.
Micky Mellon on 19:32 - May 27 with 2596 viewsSwanseaman

Praise from one of his players here at 2mins

[Post edited 27 May 2019 19:38]

Micky Mellon on 19:38 - May 27 with 2567 views34dfgdf54

Micky Mellon on 19:28 - May 27 by oldcob

Trouble is lads and lasses, the managers we'd all be approving of, wouldn't come here for the money we'd be prepared to pay. We are beggars now not choosers. Let's all wake up to living our lives with the Yanks in charge.

Exactly. There’s supporters demanding Bielsa all over social media. I honestly don’t know what they have been doing last few years.
Micky Mellon on 20:01 - May 27 with 2457 viewsGaryjack

Micky Mellon on 19:38 - May 27 by 34dfgdf54

Exactly. There’s supporters demanding Bielsa all over social media. I honestly don’t know what they have been doing last few years.

Juventus manager Massimiliano Allegri is 66/1 on sky bet. Might be worth taking a look at?
Micky Mellon on 20:05 - May 27 with 2423 viewsHeadmaster

Micky Mellon on 20:05 - May 27 with 2416 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Nixon is saying he is being interviewed. As always take what he says with a pinch of salt, but potentially on the list
Micky Mellon on 20:33 - May 27 with 2276 viewsmarchamjack

Given he’s apparently got 2 years left on his contract I’d probably rule him out from there. Can’t see our owners actually paying to get a manager when loads out there for free 😀

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Micky Mellon on 20:38 - May 27 with 2246 viewsThrasher6

Non story..move on..

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Micky Mellon on 20:39 - May 27 with 2233 viewsWingstandwood

Alan Tate well up for it?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-utd-legend-pushin

Argus!

Micky Mellon on 20:48 - May 27 with 2170 viewsthornabyswan

Micky Mellon on 18:50 - May 27 by Swansea93

Don't write this guy off, Chris Wilder didn't have a great managerial record yet he's just took Sheffield United to the Premier League.

Exactly a few were getting excited about Batistuta never managed anyone.

Sounds a solid appointment to me

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Micky Mellon on 20:49 - May 27 with 2166 viewsicecoldjack

Now I get the next level stuff Huw was talking about .

It’s With great forsight we are looking at a manager who knows L2 very well . I get it now.
Micky Mellon on 20:57 - May 27 with 2121 viewsthornabyswan

Micky Mellon on 20:49 - May 27 by icecoldjack

It’s With great forsight we are looking at a manager who knows L2 very well . I get it now.

Martinez was playing for Chester when he joined us.
Didn't do a bad job

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Micky Mellon on 21:03 - May 27 with 2087 viewsJango

Micky Mellon on 20:49 - May 27 by icecoldjack

Never understood the crap about having experience in a certain league. Football is football. If you can command the respect of the players and get them playing well then what does it matter what league it is.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024