Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matt Done scores again 21:19 - Feb 17 with 14378 viewsSuddenLad

at Meadow lane

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Matt Done scores again on 15:26 - Feb 18 with 2798 viewsBladeBen

Matt Done scores again on 15:22 - Feb 18 by TalkingSutty

Thanks for the information Ben but it means bugger all really. Anyway, without trying to inflate or deflate any figures what sort of away following are you expecting to bring over the hill next Tuesday?

Just to confirm, you've got a good un with Matt Done and just like you i will be very surprised if he doesn't play in our upcoming fixture.

Depends on what allocation you've given us, plus it being a Tuesday night. We've had a lot of extra matches already this season. We took 3k to Notts County last night and id expect a similar amount next Tuesday, should we beat Cov on Saturday then maybe a few hundred more.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2015 15:27]
Matt Done scores again on 15:32 - Feb 18 with 2758 viewsdingdangblue

Matt Done scores again on 15:12 - Feb 18 by BladeBen

That's a fair point. Obviously he's an SUFC director and I'm not going to disclose his name as you would imagine. The reason, as stated our transfers are are undisclosed is so future selling clubs don't over inflate their fee. I asked him about the 1.5 mill banded about on here on deadline day and was told less than 400k. He as no reason to play down a fee as we're very critical for not spending a lot!! A further example is when we signed John Brayford the fee was reported at 1.5 mill, he actually told me this was wrong and we paid more

I don't remember 1.5 million being banded about on here? Don't think anyone on here would for 1 second think that our board would hold out for such an amount!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Matt Done scores again on 15:35 - Feb 18 with 2754 viewsTalkingSutty

Matt Done scores again on 15:26 - Feb 18 by BladeBen

Depends on what allocation you've given us, plus it being a Tuesday night. We've had a lot of extra matches already this season. We took 3k to Notts County last night and id expect a similar amount next Tuesday, should we beat Cov on Saturday then maybe a few hundred more.

The away stand holds over 3000, so should be a good atmosphere. Cheers.
Matt Done scores again on 15:35 - Feb 18 with 2752 viewsTVOS1907

Matt Done scores again on 15:26 - Feb 18 by BladeBen

Our away stand holds around 3,500, give or take a few hundred and whether Oldham are visiting.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Matt Done scores again on 15:40 - Feb 18 with 2727 viewsBladeBen

Matt Done scores again on 15:35 - Feb 18 by TVOS1907

Our away stand holds around 3,500, give or take a few hundred and whether Oldham are visiting.

With it not being too far and confidence at a season high we may fill the end!
Matt Done scores again on 15:49 - Feb 18 with 2685 viewsdingdangblue

Matt Done scores again on 15:40 - Feb 18 by BladeBen

With it not being too far and confidence at a season high we may fill the end!

Is it a ticket match for you or pay on the night?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Matt Done scores again on 15:51 - Feb 18 with 2685 viewsBladeBen

Matt Done scores again on 15:49 - Feb 18 by dingdangblue

Is it a ticket match for you or pay on the night?

All ticket for us, we've allocated 3,230. Dunno if that's a usual away allocation for Spotland
Matt Done scores again on 16:08 - Feb 18 with 2637 viewsdingdangblue

Even his dodgy reverse flicks are going in!

Login to get fewer ads

Matt Done scores again on 16:10 - Feb 18 with 2635 viewsTVOS1907

Matt Done scores again on 15:51 - Feb 18 by BladeBen

All ticket for us, we've allocated 3,230. Dunno if that's a usual away allocation for Spotland

Sort of. You'll find out more if you go on the Oldham board. Have you got a tin hat?

Matt Done scores again on 16:21 - Feb 18 with 2604 views442Dale

Matt Done scores again on 16:08 - Feb 18 by dingdangblue

The defending by Notts County throughout that is woeful. They obviously have no issue with leaving people to do what they want.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Matt Done scores again on 16:30 - Feb 18 with 2575 viewsTVOS1907

Matt Done scores again on 16:08 - Feb 18 by dingdangblue

Was he cupping his ears at chalky?

Matt Done scores again on 16:55 - Feb 18 with 2514 views442Dale

"We couldn't have got him in the summer"???

He wasn't a bloody striker last summer.

Matt Done scores again on 16:58 - Feb 18 with 2507 viewsnordenblue

Matt Done scores again on 15:07 - Feb 18 by TVOS1907

No, thanks for coming on here. Your input is very interesting and I'm pleased Done is doing so well, especially after reading some of the derogatory comments on one of your boards when you signed him.

However, what you've been told may or may not be the truth; that's the point we're trying to make.

Given the transfer was 'undisclosed', I'd take things with a pinch of salt as some directors are very good at telling their audiences what they want them to hear.

Seems a bit of a coincidence that the figure from a source at our club has said 450k and hes saying nearly identical,i dont see any benefit for either team to both hatch a plan to tell porkies and the sum be remarkably the same.
Maybe people will start accepting the fee we possibly accepted for Done was infact far far too low.
Matt Done scores again on 17:03 - Feb 18 with 2493 views442Dale

Matt Done scores again on 16:58 - Feb 18 by nordenblue

Seems a bit of a coincidence that the figure from a source at our club has said 450k and hes saying nearly identical,i dont see any benefit for either team to both hatch a plan to tell porkies and the sum be remarkably the same.
Maybe people will start accepting the fee we possibly accepted for Done was infact far far too low.

It's not so much the size of the fee, more that some claim to be in the know. Why are they? And if they are, why are people trusting them with info that then ends up on places like this?

Also, if someone did tell you something in confidence, would you post it on here? (not you nordenblue, but anyone really?)

Matt Done scores again on 17:18 - Feb 18 with 2448 viewstazzydjr

Matt Done scores again on 17:03 - Feb 18 by 442Dale

It's not so much the size of the fee, more that some claim to be in the know. Why are they? And if they are, why are people trusting them with info that then ends up on places like this?

Also, if someone did tell you something in confidence, would you post it on here? (not you nordenblue, but anyone really?)

If it were someone on mine board I'd be outing them simply because it's bad for business making the club look like it's underselling itself they certainly wouldn't have an fancy seat in the boardroom with all the perks anymore wouldn't be surprised if the so-called "figure" discourages our current fans confidence within the club. It stuff like this and the JOC rumors which would lure bigger clubs to put much lesser bids in for developing footballers

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Matt Done scores again on 19:18 - Feb 18 with 2288 viewsnordenblue

Matt Done scores again on 17:03 - Feb 18 by 442Dale

Not a direct response to you 442, i heard about the size of the fee about 2 days after the transfer went through.Several people at clubs like boardroom level will all have been involved in the transfers so this undisclosed label is garbage, it really is to muddy the waters for fans in many cases.
Then throw in the fact that most of the players on either side will know the exact details it doesn't take long before it becomes fairly common knowledge in many of the transfers
Matt Done scores again on 23:39 - Feb 18 with 2127 viewsShun

Matt Done scores again on 14:38 - Feb 18 by BladeBen

Blades fan here. Done is certainly a lot better than some of us expected. Regarding a couple of things...
* there is no agreement in place that he cant play on Tuesday, he will play if fit & selected.
* regarding the fee, a board member has told me the fee was less than 400k, he didn't mentionany add ons for promotion/appearances etc

I'd be stunned if he didn't play on Tuesday. I'd be even more stunned if your 2nd point is true. There is no way on this planet we'd sell our top scorer for such a low amount with zero add-ons, when add-ons from various fees over the years have yielded so much.
Matt Done scores again on 23:53 - Feb 18 with 2106 viewsTVOS1907

Matt Done scores again on 23:39 - Feb 18 by Shun

I'd be stunned if he didn't play on Tuesday. I'd be even more stunned if your 2nd point is true. There is no way on this planet we'd sell our top scorer for such a low amount with zero add-ons, when add-ons from various fees over the years have yielded so much.

Surely you'll be shunned, rather than stunned?

Matt Done scores again on 23:59 - Feb 18 with 2099 viewsShun

Matt Done scores again on 23:53 - Feb 18 by TVOS1907

Surely you'll be shunned, rather than stunned?

Shunned and stunned!
Matt Done scores again on 12:35 - Feb 19 with 1939 viewsD_Alien

Matt Done scores again on 23:59 - Feb 18 by Shun

Shunned and stunned!

He went like one that hath been shunned and stunned,
And is of sense forlorn:
A sadder and a wiser man,
He rose the morrow morn.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Matt Done scores again on 12:46 - Feb 19 with 1903 viewsdingdangblue

Matt Done scores again on 12:35 - Feb 19 by D_Alien

He went like one that hath been shunned and stunned,
And is of sense forlorn:
A sadder and a wiser man,
He rose the morrow morn.

Scott Wiser man ?

Matt Done scores again on 13:24 - Feb 19 with 1837 viewsDaley_Lama

Sooooo.....

If Matty Done starts will he...

1) get a 'welcome back to Spotland" as the teams are announced
2) be booed by some home fans when this happens
3) celebrate if he scores
4) be booed if he scores

My guess

Yes
Yes
No
Yes
[Post edited 19 Feb 2015 13:31]

Poll: DF in or out

Matt Done scores again on 13:28 - Feb 19 with 1831 views442Dale

Matt Done scores again on 13:24 - Feb 19 by Daley_Lama

Sooooo.....

If Matty Done starts will he...

1) get a 'welcome back to Spotland" as the teams are announced
2) be booed by some home fans when this happens
3) celebrate if he scores
4) be booed if he scores

My guess

Yes
Yes
No
Yes
[Post edited 19 Feb 2015 13:31]

It'll be very disappointing if he does get booed

And Chris Basham better get a welcome back if Done does. He did contribute a little bit more than David Buchanan.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2015 14:11]

Matt Done scores again on 13:31 - Feb 19 with 1821 viewsTVOS1907

Matt Done scores again on 13:28 - Feb 19 by 442Dale

It'll be very disappointing if he does get booed

And Chris Basham better get a welcome back if Done does. He did contribute a little bit more than David Buchanan.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2015 14:11]

Yeah, but Basham's nobody's matey.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024