Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matt Done scores again 21:19 - Feb 17 with 14377 viewsSuddenLad

at Meadow lane

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Matt Done scores again on 21:51 - Feb 17 with 2415 viewsD_Alien

Matt Done scores again on 21:48 - Feb 17 by dilleydaler

No loyalty from players. So why should fans be loyal to players if they lack integrity? What's wrong with seeing a job through? As you ask, I've done that, because I wanted to achieve something which I felt was right. Done is disappointingly predictable in the shallow world of football. If he turns up at Spotland he'll get grief, for letting himself down.

Fans be loyal to players?

I guess that's where things start to go wrong if you think we've got loyalty to players

Our loyalty is to the club

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Matt Done scores again on 21:51 - Feb 17 with 2412 viewsDaley_Lama

Matt Done scores again on 21:43 - Feb 17 by 1907

Biggest mistake in the clubs modern history. Disgraceful.

Rochdale sold Ricky Lambert to Brizzle Rovers who were in direct playoff spot competition with us.

He went on to gain them promotion via the playoffs.
He then went on to sign for Southampton and help them towards the Premiership
He then went on to get his first touch as an England player and score the winner v Scotland.
He then went onto signing for Liverpool
He then got on a plane, flew to Brazil and played for England v Italy

Matt Done has scored 4 goals in L1 for Sheff U.

Go Compare.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2015 21:54]

Poll: DF in or out

Matt Done scores again on 21:52 - Feb 17 with 2398 viewszxcvbnm

Matt Done scores again on 21:40 - Feb 17 by dilleydaler

It's football pal, he's gone to the other side. He's the enemy now. Get over it.

He's got a higher paid job to support him and his family, just like O'Grady and many others - get over it

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Matt Done scores again on 21:54 - Feb 17 with 2389 viewszxcvbnm

Matt Done scores again on 21:48 - Feb 17 by dilleydaler

No loyalty from players. So why should fans be loyal to players if they lack integrity? What's wrong with seeing a job through? As you ask, I've done that, because I wanted to achieve something which I felt was right. Done is disappointingly predictable in the shallow world of football. If he turns up at Spotland he'll get grief, for letting himself down.

Get grief - you'll be in a small minority - you are one sad individual

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Matt Done scores again on 21:54 - Feb 17 with 2387 viewsdilleydaler

Matt Done scores again on 21:43 - Feb 17 by SuddenLad

Enemy ? Are you playing a video game or summat ? Calling him Judas is utterly ridiculous. There isn't a genuine Dale fan anywhere who wouldn't wish him well.

Grow up.

Enemy. Oxford English Dictionary - an adversary or opponent. I'm grown up. You, need to bone up on your English.
Matt Done scores again on 21:54 - Feb 17 with 2385 views442Dale

Matt Done scores again on 21:45 - Feb 17 by KenBoon

Surely even £450k is too low, even for us. Especially since we'd already rejected bids.

But until we see evidence otherwise, even mentioning a figure is pointless.

See TVOS's post about Sheff U's undisclosed fee signings, are all their fans aware of figures or are they guessing too?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Matt Done scores again on 21:56 - Feb 17 with 2370 views442Dale

Did Adam Le Fondre let himself down by joining a divisional rival even though his sale was necessary at the time?

Matt Done scores again on 21:57 - Feb 17 with 2359 viewsD_Alien

Matt Done scores again on 21:54 - Feb 17 by dilleydaler

Enemy. Oxford English Dictionary - an adversary or opponent. I'm grown up. You, need to bone up on your English.

Enema. Oxford English Dictionary. A procedure in which liquid or gas is injected into the rectum, to expel it's contents.

That's what you've brought to this thread

[Post edited 17 Feb 2015 21:57]

Login to get fewer ads

Matt Done scores again on 21:58 - Feb 17 with 2344 viewsTalkingSutty

Matt Done scores again on 21:45 - Feb 17 by KenBoon

Surely even £450k is too low, even for us. Especially since we'd already rejected bids.

I would imagine we have add ons for goals scored and also if the Blades achieve promotion. Maybe that will take the final transfer up to about 750K

I would like to think we will have a 20% (Maybe more) sell on agreement, so in the end the fee could end up being around the Million mark. I know there are a lot of 'Ifs' but the fee could easily spiral.

Having said that, I wish he was still at the club, he could cause us some real damage next Tuesday.
Matt Done scores again on 21:58 - Feb 17 with 2340 viewsdilleydaler

Matt Done scores again on 21:54 - Feb 17 by zxcvbnm

Get grief - you'll be in a small minority - you are one sad individual

Sorry, could you repeat, in English. Very happy, though, thanks for judging.
Matt Done scores again on 22:00 - Feb 17 with 2329 viewsroccydaleian

Matt Done scores again on 21:54 - Feb 17 by 442Dale

But until we see evidence otherwise, even mentioning a figure is pointless.

See TVOS's post about Sheff U's undisclosed fee signings, are all their fans aware of figures or are they guessing too?

And you can bet if Sheff Utd do go up, there will be some more wedge we get.
Matt Done scores again on 22:04 - Feb 17 with 2297 viewsTTNYear

Matt Done scores again on 21:58 - Feb 17 by dilleydaler

Sorry, could you repeat, in English. Very happy, though, thanks for judging.

Just for interest... Do you always give ex-players grief?

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Matt Done scores again on 22:04 - Feb 17 with 2296 viewsdilleydaler

This town needs an Enema. Laurence................
Matt Done scores again on 22:06 - Feb 17 with 2271 viewsnordenblue

Matt Done scores again on 21:56 - Feb 17 by 442Dale

Did Adam Le Fondre let himself down by joining a divisional rival even though his sale was necessary at the time?

Theres the massive difference for many 442, the sale was necessary and was of huge benefit to the club at that time, Dones was neither in my opinion
Matt Done scores again on 22:10 - Feb 17 with 2224 viewsYouTubeDale

I am sick to death already of that figure £450k being spouted about. I agree 442, that unless someone can prove it then it is meaningless, yet it seems to be "gospel". If it was that figure then I am sure most would agree it was too low in the circumstances when we didn't have to sell and we needed him for our pop at the Championship. If it was agreed to keep it "undisclosed" then we can't really say any more, but it leaves many frustrated. But in principle the club should reveal the guaranteed sum. We know there are add-ons to that sum which then makes it an "undisclosed" fee ie. one you can't say what the final figure will be. If the guaranteed fee is "low" in most peoples eyes ,being very subjective, then the club would want to keep shut.

I just wish the club would reveal all so that we can make our own minds up, hopefully making us feel a little better, but it won't happen.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Matt Done scores again on 22:10 - Feb 17 with 2184 views442Dale

Matt Done scores again on 22:06 - Feb 17 by nordenblue

Theres the massive difference for many 442, the sale was necessary and was of huge benefit to the club at that time, Dones was neither in my opinion

I agree to some extent, was merely using Le Fondre as an example to those who want to criticise Done - I know you weren't.

At the end of the day, I'll refer back to Hill being ok with the deal. If he wasn't, then we shouldn't be either.

Matt Done scores again on 22:15 - Feb 17 with 2130 viewsroccydaleian

Matt Done scores again on 22:06 - Feb 17 by nordenblue

You could be right, but you can't stop people bettering themselves. We all need to get over it, and for that clown who said he'd be boycotting the game against Sheff Utd on a different thread, well done, good support for the team that.
Matt Done scores again on 22:19 - Feb 17 with 2089 viewsdilleydaler

Matt Done scores again on 22:04 - Feb 17 by TTNYear

Just for interest... Do you always give ex-players grief?

I really enjoyed watching Done, he was part of the senior team. He could have waited until he'd given it a go with Hendo and Vince and co until the end of the season. I'm disappointed he decided to go for the break now. Difficult decision I know, but still I'm a Dale fan, so I think its a shame he cut and ran now.

I'm a Dale fan, if we lose on a Saturday I can't read a Sunday paper, I don't talk about football, apart from fellow Dale fans for days afterwards. Done leaving hurts, I think he could have stuck with it. He was going nowhere when we rescued him......

It's frustrating we don't know how much we got for him. If we knew, I'd maybe understand.

It's the timing that gets me, and the fact he's going well now. He doesn't need my best wishes, his bank account gives him the satisfaction he needs. I'll boo him next Tuesday. For bailing early. He'll be the adversary, the opposition.

Up the Dale
Matt Done scores again on 22:25 - Feb 17 with 2054 viewsTalkingSutty

Matt Done scores again on 22:15 - Feb 17 by roccydaleian

You could be right, but you can't stop people bettering themselves. We all need to get over it, and for that clown who said he'd be boycotting the game against Sheff Utd on a different thread, well done, good support for the team that.

Good post. Chesterfield aren't in the best of form so let's get stuck into them on Saturday.Still hopeful Hilly will bring another forward in, Brandy won't be anywhere near match fit.
Matt Done scores again on 22:28 - Feb 17 with 2030 viewsroccydaleian

Matt Done scores again on 22:19 - Feb 17 by dilleydaler

I really enjoyed watching Done, he was part of the senior team. He could have waited until he'd given it a go with Hendo and Vince and co until the end of the season. I'm disappointed he decided to go for the break now. Difficult decision I know, but still I'm a Dale fan, so I think its a shame he cut and ran now.

I'm a Dale fan, if we lose on a Saturday I can't read a Sunday paper, I don't talk about football, apart from fellow Dale fans for days afterwards. Done leaving hurts, I think he could have stuck with it. He was going nowhere when we rescued him......

It's frustrating we don't know how much we got for him. If we knew, I'd maybe understand.

It's the timing that gets me, and the fact he's going well now. He doesn't need my best wishes, his bank account gives him the satisfaction he needs. I'll boo him next Tuesday. For bailing early. He'll be the adversary, the opposition.

Up the Dale

Well boo him you want, you're decision, but i think it's sad. Up the Dale..
Matt Done scores again on 22:28 - Feb 17 with 2030 viewsSuddenLad

Matt Done scores again on 22:10 - Feb 17 by YouTubeDale

I am sick to death already of that figure £450k being spouted about. I agree 442, that unless someone can prove it then it is meaningless, yet it seems to be "gospel". If it was that figure then I am sure most would agree it was too low in the circumstances when we didn't have to sell and we needed him for our pop at the Championship. If it was agreed to keep it "undisclosed" then we can't really say any more, but it leaves many frustrated. But in principle the club should reveal the guaranteed sum. We know there are add-ons to that sum which then makes it an "undisclosed" fee ie. one you can't say what the final figure will be. If the guaranteed fee is "low" in most peoples eyes ,being very subjective, then the club would want to keep shut.

I just wish the club would reveal all so that we can make our own minds up, hopefully making us feel a little better, but it won't happen.

Surely, the exact sum will be disclosed in the annual accounts to shareholders. Other previous 'reported transfer fees' have been debunked by that route. Some have been higher than previously thought, some less.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Matt Done scores again on 22:32 - Feb 17 with 2006 viewsdilleydaler

Matt Done scores again on 22:28 - Feb 17 by roccydaleian

Well boo him you want, you're decision, but i think it's sad. Up the Dale..

Ok, thanks.
Matt Done scores again on 22:36 - Feb 17 with 1983 viewsroccydaleian

Matt Done scores again on 22:32 - Feb 17 by dilleydaler

Ok, thanks.

You're welcome!
Matt Done scores again on 22:36 - Feb 17 with 1981 viewsKenBoon

Matt Done scores again on 22:15 - Feb 17 by roccydaleian

You can. It is called a contract of employment. If players - and agents - have the benefit of sitting out contracts then Clubs should have the same. Morally do you stand in the way of someone getting such a large wage rise? Probably not. But we're a business and this should have waited until the Summer.
Matt Done scores again on 22:42 - Feb 17 with 1947 viewsD_Alien

I can't believe the same old tired arguments are being regurgitated as to why the club shouldn't have sold Done.

Either you get the principle of bringing in players to improve them and allow them to move on when they receive an offer that's too good for them - not the club - to turn down, or you don't.

Refuse players permission to leave and the players with ambition will stop coming here.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024