Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New signing 17:24 - Jun 23 with 16104 viewsleedsdale

On the way, according to twitter

New signing on 13:25 - Jun 24 with 3747 viewsTVOS1907

New signing on 13:03 - Jun 24 by Shun

I'm having a shocker lately!

Wait till we sign Shun Warne...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

New signing on 14:11 - Jun 24 with 3674 viewsShun

I'm just taking it as a sign to stay away from the Trust's pub quiz.
New signing on 14:29 - Jun 24 with 3645 viewsD_Alien

New signing on 13:03 - Jun 24 by Shun

I'm having a shocker lately!

Inman's played for Scotland at U21 level, so with a mixed accent he might well play shocker

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

New signing on 15:10 - Jun 24 with 3561 viewsBrierls

New signing on 11:42 - Jun 24 by SaxonDale

I know MacAnthony has said what he has on twitter but I think the timing of this deal says more than anything. If Inman was absolutely anywhere near the Peterborough first team surely they would have had in back for preseason just to monitor his fitness themselves? It's hardly as if it's midway through the season. He's 25 now which is an unusual age for Peterborough to in effect write him off for a season.

Which then leads me to suspect we're not paying his whole wage. If we were paying his whole wages and my assumptions about him not being needed at Posh were right then surely we would just take over his contract? Peterborough would hardly be in the most commanding position to justify us spending money on him (certainly less so than next year if he has a good season.)

It makes perfect sense for Dale and Posh.

With NML departing we have a big hole to fill with a goalscoring midfielder. Inman, if we can get him going, has a history of doing that. I think he's a very good signing.

Inman had a disappointing season for Posh after recovering from injury. They aren't ready to give up on him, but can't guarantee regular football, so they've agreed a season long loan. It is win win for Posh, no doubt about it. If he has a good season they can either take him back into their squad next season, or they can sell him for probably more than they'd be able to now. If he doesn't have a good season, they're in pretty much the same position as they are now.

Unless somebody from Dale suggest otherwise, we have no reason to doubt what MacAnthony has said re wages.
New signing on 15:16 - Jun 24 with 3545 views1mark1

I don't know the rules regarding season long loans. Can the parent club recall the player if they want to , during the season?
[Post edited 24 Jun 2017 15:17]

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

New signing on 15:18 - Jun 24 with 3536 viewsBrierls

New signing on 15:16 - Jun 24 by 1mark1

I don't know the rules regarding season long loans. Can the parent club recall the player if they want to , during the season?
[Post edited 24 Jun 2017 15:17]

I don't believe so. Typically season-long (and possibly even six month) loans are exactly that, there is no recall option.
New signing on 15:24 - Jun 24 with 3515 views1mark1

New signing on 15:18 - Jun 24 by Brierls

I don't believe so. Typically season-long (and possibly even six month) loans are exactly that, there is no recall option.

Thanks for the reply.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

New signing on 16:09 - Jun 24 with 3455 viewsSaxonDale

New signing on 15:10 - Jun 24 by Brierls

It makes perfect sense for Dale and Posh.

With NML departing we have a big hole to fill with a goalscoring midfielder. Inman, if we can get him going, has a history of doing that. I think he's a very good signing.

Inman had a disappointing season for Posh after recovering from injury. They aren't ready to give up on him, but can't guarantee regular football, so they've agreed a season long loan. It is win win for Posh, no doubt about it. If he has a good season they can either take him back into their squad next season, or they can sell him for probably more than they'd be able to now. If he doesn't have a good season, they're in pretty much the same position as they are now.

Unless somebody from Dale suggest otherwise, we have no reason to doubt what MacAnthony has said re wages.

"They aren't ready to give up on him" That may be the case, but if I was Inman I would be pretty annoyed if I had been sent out on a season long loan (why not less?) before I had had a chance to show my ability/fitness in even just a week of preseason. After all, I can't imagine that there'd be a shortage of offers in a months time for him.

Can you imagine Hilly doing such with any player who was remotely in his plans?
Login to get fewer ads

New signing on 16:12 - Jun 24 with 3450 viewsColDale

I'd have thought that given he's got two years left on his deal at Posh, we weren't prepared to match that deal given he's played just a handful of games following his injury last season. Having him for a year suits both parties, tho we do run the risk of getting stung like we were with Chris O'Grady.
New signing on 16:15 - Jun 24 with 3440 viewsfitzochris

New signing on 16:12 - Jun 24 by ColDale

I'd have thought that given he's got two years left on his deal at Posh, we weren't prepared to match that deal given he's played just a handful of games following his injury last season. Having him for a year suits both parties, tho we do run the risk of getting stung like we were with Chris O'Grady.

I think that's what MacAnthony is alluding to in his tweet. If he plays well, we, or another suitor, has to pay decent money to take him permanently.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

New signing on 18:05 - Jun 24 with 3248 viewsdale5758

New signing on 11:38 - Jun 24 by DiddyDave

Since when did my best mate at the Tech,Tish,play for Rochdale? I lost track of him from about 1968,but thought he only played amateur football for Riley Springs?

Sorry to hear the news about Tish. I played in the same team as him at Torchbearers (ron/roy chalker anyone?). He was a little bit older than me maybe 10+ years and I'd have been about 17 at the time. I once helped him score a cracking goal for us (cant remember who against) I sent in a near perfect cross which was begging for his head and the run he was making as I played it to him. Happy times/days

Poll: Spenhe Hogan windfall and on who?

New signing on 21:16 - Jun 24 with 3019 viewskiwidale

New signing on 12:10 - Jun 24 by TVOS1907

Irwin and Isherwood never played senior first team football. (Wartime doesn't count in official FA/FL records)
[Post edited 24 Jun 2017 12:12]

typical! school teacher trick gets caught being wrong so changes the rules to suit himself

This is not the time for bickering.

New signing on 21:32 - Jun 24 with 2988 viewskiwidale

New signing on 18:05 - Jun 24 by dale5758

Sorry to hear the news about Tish. I played in the same team as him at Torchbearers (ron/roy chalker anyone?). He was a little bit older than me maybe 10+ years and I'd have been about 17 at the time. I once helped him score a cracking goal for us (cant remember who against) I sent in a near perfect cross which was begging for his head and the run he was making as I played it to him. Happy times/days

very sad to hear about Dennis Isherwood I played with him for the original torchbearers old boys (1970 ish not to be confused with the other lot from the youth club, we were miles better. I was their box to box goal scoring midfield general, two footed, good in the air, fast as fuk, free kick taker, corner kicker trow ins etc all round guy and modest.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2017 21:45]

This is not the time for bickering.

New signing on 01:40 - Jun 25 with 2812 viewsTVOS1907

New signing on 21:16 - Jun 24 by kiwidale

typical! school teacher trick gets caught being wrong so changes the rules to suit himself

What rules?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

New signing on 02:06 - Jun 25 with 2806 viewsdownunder

New signing on 13:00 - Jun 24 by TVOS1907

No! Zac Hughes (1988) was born in Australia and there was also Shane Cansdell-Sherriff.

Adelaide odds on him being the first. Hilly is building a team to go for Darwin.
New signing on 08:54 - Jun 25 with 2662 viewsD_Alien

New signing on 02:06 - Jun 25 by downunder

Adelaide odds on him being the first. Hilly is building a team to go for Darwin.

Let's hope he's got a better plan for defending set pieces. We need to pick up the Fremantle the end of the season

New signing on 09:04 - Jun 25 with 2633 viewsD_Alien

And whilst we're at it, let's hope we can steer clear of Tasmania!

New signing on 10:04 - Jun 26 with 2199 viewsTomRAFC

Inman could play in the middle but with Rathbone, keane, Camps and maybe Allen he could be more in line to replace Donal.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

New signing on 16:42 - Jun 26 with 1929 viewsfitzochris

New signing on 10:04 - Jun 26 by TomRAFC

Inman could play in the middle but with Rathbone, keane, Camps and maybe Allen he could be more in line to replace Donal.

From Hill's interview (text version online), it would appear he sees Inman as playing out wide or as a No.10.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2017 16:42]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

New signing on 18:39 - Jun 30 with 1612 viewsratmandale

Just looking at the day 3 pre season pics am I right in seeing that he's taken Lund's number 8?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024