Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New signing 17:24 - Jun 23 with 16103 viewsleedsdale

On the way, according to twitter

New signing on 21:01 - Jun 23 with 3350 viewsTVOS1907

New signing on 19:27 - Jun 23 by Shun

I thought the same about the similarity to Hogan.
There's a goal against us near the start of that video. Was that the fantastic 5-2 game down there that kickstarted our season?

No, it's from February 2016 when we lost 2-0.

442 will be disappointed at your lack of kit awareness in this instance.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

New signing on 21:06 - Jun 23 with 3320 viewsTVOS1907

Boring Fact of the Day

He's only the second Dale player whose surname begins with the letter 'I'!

New signing on 21:32 - Jun 23 with 3256 views442Dale

New signing on 21:06 - Jun 23 by TVOS1907

Boring Fact of the Day

Idiotdonnelly being the other.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

New signing on 21:54 - Jun 23 with 3191 viewsdownunder

New signing on 18:55 - Jun 23 by Rochblue

Watching the vid, his movement with short strides and bursts of pace reminds me a lot of Scott Hogan.

A running style that's a bit "Skippy"?
New signing on 21:55 - Jun 23 with 3178 viewsDaleiLama

New signing on 21:54 - Jun 23 by downunder

Like ROOney?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

New signing on 21:58 - Jun 23 with 3162 viewsTVOS1907

New signing on 21:55 - Jun 23 by DaleiLama

Like ROOney?

Joey Barton coming in next?

New signing on 09:56 - Jun 24 with 2761 viewsaleanddale

New signing on 17:55 - Jun 23 by D_Alien

If asked, I doubt he'd say "I'm free"

Ha

Old school D_Alien but very funny. Well done.

Just need to sign a slocombe now!
New signing on 10:00 - Jun 24 with 2745 viewsColDale

New signing on 21:54 - Jun 23 by downunder

there's only one Aussie Brad
Login to get fewer ads

New signing on 10:03 - Jun 24 with 2737 viewsDaleiLama

New signing on 09:56 - Jun 24 by aleanddale

Ha

Old school D_Alien but very funny. Well done.

Just need to sign a slocombe now!

Don't go getting Miss Brahms and Liszt to celebrate aleanddale

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

New signing on 10:33 - Jun 24 with 2674 viewsSaxonDale

I'm excited by this signing, always dangerous to only go off youtube videos but in that one he looks a great player. Agree with those saying he has a similar style to Hogan, he seems to be direct and have a great shot on him. Looking at the goals he scored during his Crewe days there's no reason why he can't be a 20 goal outlet from midfield, and I reckon that is what Hilly will be pushing him to get. I would be amazed if we're actually paying his full wage (unless he's on considerably less than I thought) and it's almost as if Hilly has managed to sign one of his August signings in July.

Don't really know where Hill will play him and I half suspect that Hill doesn't know entirely either. As Shun has said on another thread I think we're well stocked in central midfield and still think we will need to play Brown or Keane in a holding role to get the best out of Camps, Allen or Cannon. If his height details are right on google (6 foot 2) then Hill may see him as a straight swap for Vincenti for height on the wing, that would certainly explain the timings of the two deals.
New signing on 11:27 - Jun 24 with 2588 viewsDiddyDave

Am I missing summat here? It says on the BBC Web page that Peterborough last month told Inman to "find a new club" even though he still has two years left on his contract. Can they do that? If they don`t want him,why isn`t he on the transfer list? Logically,he`ll spend a season with Dale,then go back to a club that doesn`t want him anyway. Glads he`s joining Dale from seeing those goals he scored for Crewe,but I hope it`s not for the reason that Dale can sell Camps or Allen and Inman simply takes either of their spots. Mmmm.
New signing on 11:32 - Jun 24 with 2576 viewsSuddenLad

New signing on 21:06 - Jun 23 by TVOS1907

Boring Fact of the Day

Nick Irwin
Arthur Ives
Dennis Isherwood

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

New signing on 11:32 - Jun 24 with 2574 viewsfitzochris

New signing on 11:27 - Jun 24 by DiddyDave

Am I missing summat here? It says on the BBC Web page that Peterborough last month told Inman to "find a new club" even though he still has two years left on his contract. Can they do that? If they don`t want him,why isn`t he on the transfer list? Logically,he`ll spend a season with Dale,then go back to a club that doesn`t want him anyway. Glads he`s joining Dale from seeing those goals he scored for Crewe,but I hope it`s not for the reason that Dale can sell Camps or Allen and Inman simply takes either of their spots. Mmmm.

Darragh MacAnthony has claimed Posh are basically using Dale to get Inman match fit and back to form. He described the loan as a win-win situation for Posh, as, if he does well, they can demand a big transfer fee. If he doesn't do well, they've lost nothing as, he claims, we're paying his wages.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

New signing on 11:38 - Jun 24 with 2555 viewsDiddyDave

New signing on 11:32 - Jun 24 by SuddenLad

Nick Irwin
Arthur Ives
Dennis Isherwood

Since when did my best mate at the Tech,Tish,play for Rochdale? I lost track of him from about 1968,but thought he only played amateur football for Riley Springs?
New signing on 11:42 - Jun 24 with 2545 viewsSaxonDale

New signing on 11:32 - Jun 24 by fitzochris

Darragh MacAnthony has claimed Posh are basically using Dale to get Inman match fit and back to form. He described the loan as a win-win situation for Posh, as, if he does well, they can demand a big transfer fee. If he doesn't do well, they've lost nothing as, he claims, we're paying his wages.

I know MacAnthony has said what he has on twitter but I think the timing of this deal says more than anything. If Inman was absolutely anywhere near the Peterborough first team surely they would have had in back for preseason just to monitor his fitness themselves? It's hardly as if it's midway through the season. He's 25 now which is an unusual age for Peterborough to in effect write him off for a season.

Which then leads me to suspect we're not paying his whole wage. If we were paying his whole wages and my assumptions about him not being needed at Posh were right then surely we would just take over his contract? Peterborough would hardly be in the most commanding position to justify us spending money on him (certainly less so than next year if he has a good season.)
New signing on 11:46 - Jun 24 with 2521 viewsSuddenLad

New signing on 11:38 - Jun 24 by DiddyDave

Since when did my best mate at the Tech,Tish,play for Rochdale? I lost track of him from about 1968,but thought he only played amateur football for Riley Springs?

This Dennis Isherwood made a single appearance for Dale during the 1940/41 season. Probably a different person

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

New signing on 12:00 - Jun 24 with 2466 viewsDiddyDave

New signing on 11:46 - Jun 24 by SuddenLad

This Dennis Isherwood made a single appearance for Dale during the 1940/41 season. Probably a different person

Ha ha,unbelievable coincidence that. I assume you live in Sudden,so thought you might`ve known my mate who lived on Cheltenham Street. His dad was called Fred,so maybe the bloke who played that one game during the war was an uncle,though I can`t recall Tish ever telling me that. Apologies for going off subject anyway.
New signing on 12:05 - Jun 24 with 2454 viewsD_Alien

New signing on 12:00 - Jun 24 by DiddyDave

Ha ha,unbelievable coincidence that. I assume you live in Sudden,so thought you might`ve known my mate who lived on Cheltenham Street. His dad was called Fred,so maybe the bloke who played that one game during the war was an uncle,though I can`t recall Tish ever telling me that. Apologies for going off subject anyway.

Bloody hell, I knew the Isherwoods on Cheltenham St, I used to live on Bosworth Square - in fact I was born there! They were a bit older than me but they lived in the house on the corner with a garden, after the terraces!

Was trying to think of the girls name my older sister used to play with - Margaret?

[Post edited 24 Jun 2017 12:10]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

New signing on 12:10 - Jun 24 with 2433 viewsTVOS1907

New signing on 11:32 - Jun 24 by SuddenLad

Nick Irwin
Arthur Ives
Dennis Isherwood

Irwin and Isherwood never played senior first team football. (Wartime doesn't count in official FA/FL records)
[Post edited 24 Jun 2017 12:12]

New signing on 12:11 - Jun 24 with 2431 viewsDiddyDave

New signing on 12:05 - Jun 24 by D_Alien

Bloody hell, I knew the Isherwoods on Cheltenham St, I used to live on Bosworth Square - in fact I was born there! They were a bit older than me but they lived in the house on the corner with a garden, after the terraces!

Was trying to think of the girls name my older sister used to play with - Margaret?

[Post edited 24 Jun 2017 12:10]

That`s right mate,Denis had two sisters,an older one who I can`t recall her name,and a younger one,Maureen. Poor Denis died about five years ago,he was living on Heights Lane.
New signing on 12:16 - Jun 24 with 2410 viewsD_Alien

New signing on 12:11 - Jun 24 by DiddyDave

That`s right mate,Denis had two sisters,an older one who I can`t recall her name,and a younger one,Maureen. Poor Denis died about five years ago,he was living on Heights Lane.

Oddly enough, I've lived on Heights Lane too, sorry to hear about Denis

Was the older sister called Margaret? We moved in 1963 and i think they were still living there

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

New signing on 12:36 - Jun 24 with 2344 viewsDiddyDave

New signing on 12:16 - Jun 24 by D_Alien

Oddly enough, I've lived on Heights Lane too, sorry to hear about Denis

Was the older sister called Margaret? We moved in 1963 and i think they were still living there

He was still living on Cheltenham St. mid sixties,but I think he married young to a girl from Castleton and where he went to live,I don`t know. The last time I saw him was at the famous Dale/Coventry match in 1971,though I did catch up with him on Friends Reunited about fifteen years ago. I can`t remember the other sister`s name and now I come to think of it,think he also spelt his name with two Ns. Nice to chat.
New signing on 12:55 - Jun 24 with 2295 viewsShun

Out first Australian?
New signing on 13:00 - Jun 24 with 2285 viewsTVOS1907

New signing on 12:55 - Jun 24 by Shun

Out first Australian?

No! Zac Hughes (1988) was born in Australia and there was also Shane Cansdell-Sherriff.

New signing on 13:03 - Jun 24 with 2276 viewsShun

New signing on 13:00 - Jun 24 by TVOS1907

No! Zac Hughes (1988) was born in Australia and there was also Shane Cansdell-Sherriff.

I'm having a shocker lately!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024