Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Holloway stay or go 14:00 - May 7 with 23420 viewsenfieldargh

Holloway stay or go

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Holloway stay or go on 18:29 - May 10 with 1465 viewsNorthernr

Holloway stay or go on 18:23 - May 10 by daveB

I think as long as Holloway sticks to the budget and is signing for want of a better phrase, the right sort then I don't have a problem with it. Managers should have a big say in who we bring in. If we go back to spend whatever the manager wants and then repeat when the new one comes in then I give up

But managers aren't bothered about age of players, sell on value, whether a new signing obstructs a youth player coming through. They're bothered about the next six matches because if they lose them they get the sack (usually). Hoos says over and over again the club wants to be in a position by the end of the parachute payments where it can help make up the difference through player sales. Managers don't give a fck about that - and who can blame them.
Holloway stay or go on 18:53 - May 10 with 1430 viewsPunteR

Holloway stay or go on 18:29 - May 10 by Northernr

But managers aren't bothered about age of players, sell on value, whether a new signing obstructs a youth player coming through. They're bothered about the next six matches because if they lose them they get the sack (usually). Hoos says over and over again the club wants to be in a position by the end of the parachute payments where it can help make up the difference through player sales. Managers don't give a fck about that - and who can blame them.

The problem this season wasnt Holloways signings though tbf but what he does with them.
I dont think we can compare Holloway with the likes of Hughes and Redknapp . i do think Holloway cares about the future of the club but then what do i know. Put it this way ,i'd like to think Holloway cares about the future of the club more so than Redknapp.
I'm just not convinced he has the ability to turn us into a top half championship team.
He's like lumpy custard.. no consistency.
Bit like my opinions.. :)

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Holloway stay or go on 18:57 - May 10 with 1422 viewsdaveB

Holloway stay or go on 18:29 - May 10 by Northernr

true but can only really judge it on who Holloway has brought in so far. Freeman is likely to have sell on value as is Wsoleck. If Goss does well the same with him, Smith is the only one you'd say is a short term signing but even with him someone will want him. Morrison and Lua Lua didn't work out but both were loans and no real loss with either, if they had done well and we bought them then again both would have had sell on potential.

When you look at his last two clubs he brought in Lee Gregory at Millwall who has done well and Ward at Palace who is another of those kind of players we want here picking up on the cheap and develop into a very good player. He has a decent record in the transfer market.

It's important to get a balance right, I want to see these younger players who can develop with us and I like that the club have really pushed for those kind of players in the last 2 years but we have ignored those short term ones who can come in and do a job for us and help make us a better team, the Hill/Derry types and we need a few of those as well to help the younger ones. One of the best signings Holloway made in his first spell with us was Steve Palmer, an old fella who few would have touched and wasn't the best but he set the standards in the dressing room and the rest followed.
Holloway stay or go on 19:05 - May 10 with 1410 views2Thomas2Bowles

Holloway stay or go on 17:32 - May 10 by SimonJames

Somewhat pointless question for those of us who think Bungle should never have sacked NW in the first place.

But if you make a decision based purely on performance after QPR, then Hughes has had the most success having steered Stoke to 9th place in the Premiership for 4 seasons running.
CR never got a fair crack at the job and TF moved the goal posts.
JFH was a successful League 1 manager before he came here and I'm sure he'll be successful again (at Crawley or wherever he ends up).
Teflon 'Arry should not be allowed within a 100 miles of club, but no doubt he'll manage to get Birmingham finishing ahead of us if IH remains in charge here.
IH is not getting the job done.

Maybe it shows fans are rarely satisfied with anyone it's just move on to the next one.

Ask the same question of 5 manages on a new list of possibles and there would have been a number of choices been made but never a 100% for just one, so down the line someone is going to want them sacked

It happened with NW they where fans calling for his head after just a few games in the Prem... and here we are.....
[Post edited 10 May 2017 19:07]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Holloway stay or go on 19:23 - May 10 with 1390 viewsPunteR

Holloway stay or go on 19:05 - May 10 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Maybe it shows fans are rarely satisfied with anyone it's just move on to the next one.

Ask the same question of 5 manages on a new list of possibles and there would have been a number of choices been made but never a 100% for just one, so down the line someone is going to want them sacked

It happened with NW they where fans calling for his head after just a few games in the Prem... and here we are.....
[Post edited 10 May 2017 19:07]

Of course you'll never please everyone with a new appointment but at least now as the season has finished we can legitimately assess how the manager has done and it's been pretty poor. In fact it's been at sackable levels if you go by previous managers.
I'm in the "if we can get a good replacement...." camp. Which completelyr contradicts nearly everything I've ever said about any of our managers in the last few years. I'm still not 100% convinced I'm right.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Holloway stay or go on 19:31 - May 10 with 1384 views2Thomas2Bowles

Holloway stay or go on 19:23 - May 10 by PunteR

Of course you'll never please everyone with a new appointment but at least now as the season has finished we can legitimately assess how the manager has done and it's been pretty poor. In fact it's been at sackable levels if you go by previous managers.
I'm in the "if we can get a good replacement...." camp. Which completelyr contradicts nearly everything I've ever said about any of our managers in the last few years. I'm still not 100% convinced I'm right.

How many of those 12 would you say we were utter crap in and how many a bit unlucky as played well.

I'll start you off with Brentford and Norwich for the bad ones

Holloway stay or go on 22:22 - May 10 with 1312 viewsterryb

Holloway stay or go on 19:31 - May 10 by 2Thomas2Bowles

How many of those 12 would you say we were utter crap in and how many a bit unlucky as played well.

I'll start you off with Brentford and Norwich for the bad ones

I'm not certain what you mean by those 12, but without looking up matches that we lost under Ollie where we were awful, I would add the following:-

Ipswich away after 30 minutes
Wolves home
Rotherham away
Brighton away
Burton home
Derby away
Bristol City away
Brentford away
Norwich away

We were also really bad in the win against Ipswich at home.

We certainly played reasonably well in defeats to Wednesday, Brighton & Huddersfield, but I wouldn't say we were unlucky in those games as they were the better team.
Holloway stay or go on 23:26 - May 10 with 1264 views2Thomas2Bowles

Holloway stay or go on 22:22 - May 10 by terryb

I'm not certain what you mean by those 12, but without looking up matches that we lost under Ollie where we were awful, I would add the following:-

Ipswich away after 30 minutes
Wolves home
Rotherham away
Brighton away
Burton home
Derby away
Bristol City away
Brentford away
Norwich away

We were also really bad in the win against Ipswich at home.

We certainly played reasonably well in defeats to Wednesday, Brighton & Huddersfield, but I wouldn't say we were unlucky in those games as they were the better team.

Well I meant the 2 - 6 match losing streaks

Sure there are other games and I could name a number of games under JFH where we were awful

On paper 2 - 6 match losing streak looks bad as many say. but were we awful in all of them. were the results a true reflecting on how we were playing, fair or some unlucky results.

Were they tactical or individual faults for the loses.

Maybe I just think you have to look at more than the results themselves and the reasons "fairly" of why they happened not just blame the manager alone.
[Post edited 10 May 2017 23:35]

Login to get fewer ads

Holloway stay or go on 10:10 - May 11 with 1186 viewsterryb

Holloway stay or go on 23:26 - May 10 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Well I meant the 2 - 6 match losing streaks

Sure there are other games and I could name a number of games under JFH where we were awful

On paper 2 - 6 match losing streak looks bad as many say. but were we awful in all of them. were the results a true reflecting on how we were playing, fair or some unlucky results.

Were they tactical or individual faults for the loses.

Maybe I just think you have to look at more than the results themselves and the reasons "fairly" of why they happened not just blame the manager alone.
[Post edited 10 May 2017 23:35]

You included the Norwich game & that wasn't part of a losing six game streak!

Using that criteria, I have named seven matches from those streak's that we were awful. Overall I named nine out of the seventeen league defeats we suffered in Ollie's thirty matches.

Of course there were games under JFH when we were just as bad, at home to Blackburn & Brentford in particular, but that wasn't part of rthe question you asked & is changing the goalposts.

I didn't say that the manager was to blame for those "performances", that would appear to be what you have implied either directly to my post or in general regarding posts concerning Holloway's current reign.

So I repeat, IMO we were awful in a minimum of seven of the twelve defeats & a minimum of nine of the seventeen defeats. Both lists are more than 50%. People that saw more matches might include other games. People that saw the games I listed might disagree with my judgement. Either way, it is not pretty reading!
Holloway stay or go on 10:51 - May 11 with 1153 views2Thomas2Bowles

Holloway stay or go on 10:10 - May 11 by terryb

You included the Norwich game & that wasn't part of a losing six game streak!

Using that criteria, I have named seven matches from those streak's that we were awful. Overall I named nine out of the seventeen league defeats we suffered in Ollie's thirty matches.

Of course there were games under JFH when we were just as bad, at home to Blackburn & Brentford in particular, but that wasn't part of rthe question you asked & is changing the goalposts.

I didn't say that the manager was to blame for those "performances", that would appear to be what you have implied either directly to my post or in general regarding posts concerning Holloway's current reign.

So I repeat, IMO we were awful in a minimum of seven of the twelve defeats & a minimum of nine of the seventeen defeats. Both lists are more than 50%. People that saw more matches might include other games. People that saw the games I listed might disagree with my judgement. Either way, it is not pretty reading!

Don't take everything personal to you, it was questions we should all think about.

I've not said about the Norwich game
[Post edited 11 May 2017 11:02]

Holloway stay or go on 11:01 - May 11 with 1138 viewsfrancisbowles

Holloway stay or go on 15:04 - May 10 by DannytheR

Difficult for anyone reasonable to judge Ramsey one way or the other. He was doing some decent things and making some mistakes, as any manager does less than a year into their first job (and I'm not sure we'd top many lists as the right place for your first managerial job).

The bloke clearly knows his football inside out, and was keeping us competitive at a time when the whole team was very much in transition, with key senior players wanting moves back to the Premiership and people like Luongo fresh out of League One.

I don't think he was necessarily the right man for the job, but he was doing a better one than either of the more experienced men who have been manager since.

Personally, I though the whole episode said more about some of our fans than it did Ramsey's talents as a manager one way or the other.
[Post edited 10 May 2017 15:07]

Well said. I agree with every word.
Holloway stay or go on 13:43 - May 11 with 1100 viewsbaz_qpr

Holloway stay or go on 17:34 - May 10 by Northernr

Not at all, hope it works, but I thought (hoped) we'd moved away from the idea that the manager is allowed to sign what he wants, when he wants, to cover whatever perceived need he has at that time - even if it is under the budget.

When you do that and change managers as often as we do, you end up with a squad made up of layers and layers of six players signed to paper over whatever crack whoever the manager perceived to exist in each window, rather than something built under a coherent plan.

This comes down to how we are going to play. Under Ramsey we wer e going to be slow methodical passing so we bought players to play that way like Luongo. Under JFH all change and it is all supposed to be about high press , stamina etc. Having bored the ground to half full, the change is made again because two men and a dog in the ground does pay the wages. So we now have gung ho Ollie where its all about pace and no one need defend

I'm not sure LF ever did fulfill that remit anyway and the "miss " rate on signings has been pretty awful. Meanwhile 1st transfer window and we buy Freeman on the recommendation of Penrice
Holloway stay or go on 13:49 - May 11 with 1096 viewsterryb

Holloway stay or go on 10:51 - May 11 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Don't take everything personal to you, it was questions we should all think about.

I've not said about the Norwich game
[Post edited 11 May 2017 11:02]

Actually you did.

You stated that you would start with Brentford & Norwich from the twelve games that we were poor & asked if there were others.

Therefore I queried what you meant by the twelve as Norwich wasn't one of them & listed other games that we were not at our best.

Of course there are multiple reasons as to why this would have been, but as with most things in life, the buck stops at the top. Rightly or wrongly!
Holloway stay or go on 16:25 - May 11 with 1033 views2Thomas2Bowles

Holloway stay or go on 13:49 - May 11 by terryb

Actually you did.

You stated that you would start with Brentford & Norwich from the twelve games that we were poor & asked if there were others.

Therefore I queried what you meant by the twelve as Norwich wasn't one of them & listed other games that we were not at our best.

Of course there are multiple reasons as to why this would have been, but as with most things in life, the buck stops at the top. Rightly or wrongly!

So I did. Sorry

The top is the owners or on the football side the DoF otherwise it would have been LF sacked and not the managers.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024