Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Holloway stay or go 14:00 - May 7 with 23419 viewsenfieldargh

Holloway stay or go

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Holloway stay or go on 08:39 - May 9 with 2074 viewsNortholt_Rs

Holloway stay or go on 08:24 - May 9 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Look again. Championship stats...before your edit...
[Post edited 9 May 2017 8:25]

Acknowledged hence the edit. Grim reading all round nonetheless. I guess the PPG stats at the very least indicate Holloway is not the answer - we are all arguing over who is the worst manager out of Ramsey, JFH and Holloway. How about all three of the DOF's selections have been atrocious hires for the club... I didn't want any of them but I don't understand how Holloway in particular still has his job. I wonder what the current reaction would be like if he was black and not formerly associated with QPR? Ramsey got hounded out of his job for far less. ATAF.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Holloway stay or go on 08:44 - May 9 with 2061 viewsisawqpratwcity

Holloway stay or go on 08:29 - May 9 by 2Thomas2Bowles

It was you that included CR stats I made no remark about JFH stats or just saying IH v CR stats, so get off your horse.
[Post edited 9 May 2017 8:36]

Horse? Wtf?

Feel free to ignore the Ramsey stats, I only included them because Fred brought him up. They are from a different season with a very different squad, but you can't say that about the Hasselbaink and Holloway stats except that it has been to Holloway's benefit.

Holloway's performance has been, averaged out, serious relegation-risk form.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Holloway stay or go on 08:51 - May 9 with 2044 views2Thomas2Bowles

Holloway stay or go on 08:39 - May 9 by Northolt_Rs

Acknowledged hence the edit. Grim reading all round nonetheless. I guess the PPG stats at the very least indicate Holloway is not the answer - we are all arguing over who is the worst manager out of Ramsey, JFH and Holloway. How about all three of the DOF's selections have been atrocious hires for the club... I didn't want any of them but I don't understand how Holloway in particular still has his job. I wonder what the current reaction would be like if he was black and not formerly associated with QPR? Ramsey got hounded out of his job for far less. ATAF.

CR was the worst of the 3 and deserved to be sacked or moved aside in truth

It's comparing apples with oranges. Austin makes a big difference to the stats that's why stats don't tell you everything when comparing managers

Should IH have an advantage, you seems to be saying he has as he is white .

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Holloway stay or go on 08:59 - May 9 with 2020 viewsNortholt_Rs

Holloway stay or go on 08:51 - May 9 by 2Thomas2Bowles

It's comparing apples with oranges. Austin makes a big difference to the stats that's why stats don't tell you everything when comparing managers

Nope not saying - just asking the question.

Holloway stay or go on 09:07 - May 9 with 2011 viewsNortholt_Rs

Holloway stay or go on 08:51 - May 9 by 2Thomas2Bowles

How was CR worse? Holloway's overseen two runs of six successive defeats in one season when we've only done this three times previously in 135 years. Plus he amassed an amazing 3 points from the last 24 available. I also think we had our highest number of home defeats this season too. So how is that better than Ramsey's record? For the record I wanted none of them at the club but quite clearly Holloway's record is worse than that of both CR and JFH. It's irrefutable fact.

Holloway stay or go on 09:08 - May 9 with 2007 views2Thomas2Bowles

Holloway stay or go on 08:59 - May 9 by Northolt_Rs

Nope not saying - just asking the question.

Well people are scared of bring colour/race in to these things but we all know that white privilege exists so who knows but the owners are not white the DoF is not white and they get a lot of support from many fans so for me IH being white has no bearing on it but I'm sure there will be others who disagree.
[Post edited 9 May 2017 9:12]

Holloway stay or go on 09:11 - May 9 with 1995 views2Thomas2Bowles

Holloway stay or go on 09:07 - May 9 by Northolt_Rs

How was CR worse? Holloway's overseen two runs of six successive defeats in one season when we've only done this three times previously in 135 years. Plus he amassed an amazing 3 points from the last 24 available. I also think we had our highest number of home defeats this season too. So how is that better than Ramsey's record? For the record I wanted none of them at the club but quite clearly Holloway's record is worse than that of both CR and JFH. It's irrefutable fact.

I've already explained why and it's not irrefutable
Again apples and oranges

Holloway stay or go on 09:25 - May 9 with 1960 viewsNortholt_Rs

Holloway stay or go on 09:11 - May 9 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I've already explained why and it's not irrefutable
Again apples and oranges

Ok but for me losing 18 out of 30 games is indefensible.

Login to get fewer ads

Holloway stay or go on 09:34 - May 9 with 1947 viewsJamesB1979

Holloway stay or go on 07:26 - May 9 by 2Thomas2Bowles

CR had somewhat better players including Austin

Just swop Austin for Washington and those stats would be bunkum

You rely on stats to much as been said before they don't tell the whole story.
[Post edited 9 May 2017 7:49]

But isn't the main point that with those stats both CR and JFH were sacked?
Holloway stay or go on 10:26 - May 9 with 1883 viewsdaveB

Points per game all well and good but as I said yesterday they don't tell the whole story. Redknapp will have a better points per game rate than Rowett but he got to play against Huddersfield reserves and a Bristol City team on the beach rather than teams giving it everything.

Hasselbaink in his 13 games played 8 teams who finished in the bottom half so you'd expect more points against them.

Also if you go on the 13 games Hasselbaink had he got 20 points, in the reverse fixtures under Holloway we got 21 points so to say we stayed up due to Hasselbaink is quite frankly bullshit.
Holloway stay or go on 10:27 - May 9 with 1880 viewsPunteR

The fact is we are steadily getting worse not better.
The problem with sacking managers halfway through the season is it doesn't really give the next manager a proper chance to get things going.
It's why I think we need to let Holloway go now, it pains me to say, as I honestly don't think the board will have the balls to stick with him through next season if we're not top half of the table by October.
All the signs are there.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Holloway stay or go on 10:43 - May 9 with 1847 viewsdaveB

Holloway stay or go on 10:27 - May 9 by PunteR

The fact is we are steadily getting worse not better.
The problem with sacking managers halfway through the season is it doesn't really give the next manager a proper chance to get things going.
It's why I think we need to let Holloway go now, it pains me to say, as I honestly don't think the board will have the balls to stick with him through next season if we're not top half of the table by October.
All the signs are there.

I think whether we sack him now or stick we are in real danger of going down next season. Whoever is manager if we are mid table come October/November then we have to stick with it
Holloway stay or go on 10:59 - May 9 with 1813 views2Thomas2Bowles

Holloway stay or go on 10:26 - May 9 by daveB

Points per game all well and good but as I said yesterday they don't tell the whole story. Redknapp will have a better points per game rate than Rowett but he got to play against Huddersfield reserves and a Bristol City team on the beach rather than teams giving it everything.

Hasselbaink in his 13 games played 8 teams who finished in the bottom half so you'd expect more points against them.

Also if you go on the 13 games Hasselbaink had he got 20 points, in the reverse fixtures under Holloway we got 21 points so to say we stayed up due to Hasselbaink is quite frankly bullshit.

Yep Bullshit

You can gets stats to works whatever way you like if you leave out content and are unreliable

Holloway stay or go on 11:15 - May 9 with 1800 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

People appear to be cooling on a sacking since Sunday.
Holloway stay or go on 11:19 - May 9 with 1782 viewspaulparker

The other reason im starting to lose patience with Olly is his attitude to the fans
telling us to take 3-1 losses to Brentford on the chin , that we should shrug off a 4-0 to Norwich , that "real" QPR fans should show up to Forest that and reading Northerns match report that he didn't even go over to clap the fans or even go over and say sorry
says to me that maybe the love has gone
I would hate things to turn sour ala arsenal fans and Wenger

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Holloway stay or go on 12:37 - May 9 with 1677 viewshoof_hearted

Holloway stay or go on 11:19 - May 9 by paulparker

The other reason im starting to lose patience with Olly is his attitude to the fans
telling us to take 3-1 losses to Brentford on the chin , that we should shrug off a 4-0 to Norwich , that "real" QPR fans should show up to Forest that and reading Northerns match report that he didn't even go over to clap the fans or even go over and say sorry

I think the ADHD diagnosis somewhere earlier in this thread isn't far from the truth. The behaviour was all over the place last time. I remember posting something abut him being thick (must have been on the old rivals sit, I guess) and got absolute pelters. I don't think he is thick but the behaviour is a bit bi-polar in it's manic intensity.

I've gone from ADHD to thick to bi-polar. I haven't got a clue what I'm talking about but there is a sandwich missing from his picnic basket which is endearing in the good times and worrying in the bad times.
Holloway stay or go on 12:48 - May 9 with 1638 viewsbaz_qpr

I said when he was appointed it all comes down to his number 2, Holloway needs someone who will challenge him behind the scenes not a yes man
Holloway stay or go on 12:52 - May 9 with 1632 viewsdaveB

Holloway stay or go on 11:19 - May 9 by paulparker

I don't think the love has gone, he probably cares too much. I didn't hang around after the game on Sunday to see if he did or didn't come over but I wouldn't expect the manager to come over after a 4-0 loss and if he did then he'd probably get a ton of stick from those still around. I love the fella but I wasn't going to clap any of them after that shambles on Sunday
Holloway stay or go on 10:39 - May 10 with 1457 viewsPinnerPaul

Holloway stay or go on 18:44 - May 8 by daveB

We went about 18 games without a win under Hughes/redknapp

Just looked t up, longest losing sequence was 5, during our last two seasons in the PL.
Holloway stay or go on 11:31 - May 10 with 1410 viewsTHEBUSH

Holloway stay or go on 10:43 - May 9 by daveB

I think whether we sack him now or stick we are in real danger of going down next season. Whoever is manager if we are mid table come October/November then we have to stick with it

I agree with this, although wouldn't mind a decent foreign coach, like Fulham and Hull seem to have.

Anyway, hope our club have a contingency plan in operation, just in case Ollie makes a mess of our start to next season.
Holloway stay or go on 12:13 - May 10 with 1361 views2Thomas2Bowles

With hindsight

If the last 5 managers were on a short list for manager now, can't say anyone else.

Who would you have
[Post edited 10 May 2017 12:15]

Holloway stay or go on 14:42 - May 10 with 1288 viewsR_from_afar

Holloway stay or go on 20:11 - May 8 by Harbour

Currently in the keep IH camp but if the club decide to get rid who is going to come in? No cash for transfers squad probably going to finish lower part of the table and another relegation fight. Can only think someone like Kenny Jacket work with lower league players and able to make us difficult to beat... think IH will get to xmas if we have another bad run he is gone all a bit demoralising

"Can only think someone like Kenny Jacket work with lower league players and able to make us difficult to beat".

Look, I wanted KJ instead of Ollie the last time we had a managerial vacancy but you know what will then happen, fans will moan that the football is boring and say that "all" they want is to be entertained. It will be the JFH scenario mark 2 and the revolving door will turn again....

What are we like? Sigh.........

There is an alternative ending to Ollie's second reign, though. It could be that all the experimenting and finding his feet in the dug-out as this season has slowly circled the plughole will actually enable him to take a more pragmatic, practical approach when the new campaign begins. He's tried some stuff and now has a few months to reflect on what worked and what didn't. That *might* mean we are more solid and assured when the next 48 game (two cup games, pop pickers) torture fest commences.

Or it might not

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Holloway stay or go on 15:04 - May 10 with 1247 viewsDannytheR

Holloway stay or go on 12:13 - May 10 by 2Thomas2Bowles

With hindsight

If the last 5 managers were on a short list for manager now, can't say anyone else.

Who would you have
[Post edited 10 May 2017 12:15]

Difficult for anyone reasonable to judge Ramsey one way or the other. He was doing some decent things and making some mistakes, as any manager does less than a year into their first job (and I'm not sure we'd top many lists as the right place for your first managerial job).

The bloke clearly knows his football inside out, and was keeping us competitive at a time when the whole team was very much in transition, with key senior players wanting moves back to the Premiership and people like Luongo fresh out of League One.

I don't think he was necessarily the right man for the job, but he was doing a better one than either of the more experienced men who have been manager since.

Personally, I though the whole episode said more about some of our fans than it did Ramsey's talents as a manager one way or the other.
[Post edited 10 May 2017 15:07]
Holloway stay or go on 15:06 - May 10 with 1246 viewsvegasranger

I think it's pretty impressive the demand our last three managers have created. Redknapp finally gets a gig at lowly Birmingham. Ramsay has worked his way back to youth coach. JFH as far as I know is still unemployed and we are stuck with a Sky pundit who failed miserably at Palace and Millwall. I'm not sure who takes the blame for all this but Ferdinand isn't coming out covered in garlands.
[Post edited 10 May 2017 15:07]
Holloway stay or go on 15:21 - May 10 with 1210 viewspaulparker

I think it goes to show how far we have fallen if people actually think Ramsey was a good choice or thought he was doing a good job as manager , he was awful and out of his depth

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024