Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Karl Henry 21:42 - Mar 1 with 2642 viewsloftboy

Did a good job today, added a bit of steel to the midfield.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Karl Henry on 21:56 - Mar 1 with 2184 viewskropotkin41

It seems that he got a game because of 3 injuries yesterday.......... It'll be interesting to see whether, on the strength of a good performance today, he keeps his place next week as arguably he should.

I reckon with JB back from suspension and Kranjcar back from a strain the midfield will be all change for next week.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Karl Henry on 22:07 - Mar 1 with 2170 viewsbosh67

I thought Henry kept us in it today. Broke up play, played it simple.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Karl Henry on 22:17 - Mar 1 with 2140 viewsTacticalR

Last week at Charlton, Carroll and Jenas together in front of the back four just didn't work. Today we looked better with a purely defensive player like Karl Henry, plus it was a bit tasty in the midfield. Was it him who gave the free kick away?

Air hostess clique

Karl Henry on 22:25 - Mar 1 with 2130 viewsBasingstokeR

He was OK. Henry seemed to dawdle on the ball a bit less today (which meant he lost the ball less), still slows the play down a bit too much sometimes though.
Karl Henry on 23:27 - Mar 1 with 2052 viewsFredManRave

Karl Henry on 21:56 - Mar 1 by kropotkin41

It seems that he got a game because of 3 injuries yesterday.......... It'll be interesting to see whether, on the strength of a good performance today, he keeps his place next week as arguably he should.

I reckon with JB back from suspension and Kranjcar back from a strain the midfield will be all change for next week.

Next weeks team will depend on Harrys usual team selecetion process;

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Karl Henry on 00:36 - Mar 2 with 1978 viewsHollowayRanger

motm for me without him midfield would have been totally lost

barton with henry gives us a solid midfield centre and should allow morrison free reign while traore IF FIT and hoillet play out wide for doyal up front

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Karl Henry on 00:38 - Mar 2 with 1975 viewsSpiritofGregory

Another one of Harry's average signings.
Karl Henry on 00:41 - Mar 2 with 1975 viewsPunteR

I honestly believe we're a better team with Henry playing.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

Karl Henry on 00:46 - Mar 2 with 1966 viewsHunterhoop

Karl Henry on 22:07 - Mar 1 by bosh67

I thought Henry kept us in it today. Broke up play, played it simple.

Completely agree, Bosh. More effective than Jenas and Carroll have been in recent weeks.
Karl Henry on 01:05 - Mar 2 with 1950 viewsconnell10

yep henry played very well, i had to tell a couple of herberts off in the upper loft for booing him for no reason, pr i cks!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Karl Henry on 01:10 - Mar 2 with 1943 viewsRangersAreBack

Karl Henry on 01:05 - Mar 2 by connell10

yep henry played very well, i had to tell a couple of herberts off in the upper loft for booing him for no reason, pr i cks!

Why? Are people not entitled to their opinions?
Karl Henry on 06:18 - Mar 2 with 1916 viewsstuabd

Karl Henry on 00:41 - Mar 2 by PunteR

I honestly believe we're a better team with Henry playing.

Me too.
Karl Henry on 06:50 - Mar 2 with 1903 viewsQPR_John

Karl Henry on 22:25 - Mar 1 by BasingstokeR

He was OK. Henry seemed to dawdle on the ball a bit less today (which meant he lost the ball less), still slows the play down a bit too much sometimes though.

Whose job is it to slow play down when Henry is not playing
Karl Henry on 07:13 - Mar 2 with 1888 viewshoopdog

Karl Henry on 21:56 - Mar 1 by kropotkin41

I think H would have played Henry even if he had a full squad a soldier was needed against a phtsical side like leeds ,
if Krancjer had played he wouldn't have got a kick those Leeds players would have been on his back every second of the game
[Post edited 2 Mar 2014 7:24]
Karl Henry on 08:26 - Mar 2 with 1815 viewscollegeranger

He had probably his best game in the shirt - didn't try and complicate things - however when LTC came on the both play in a similar position and started both to play too deep. Still a very average player though!
Karl Henry on 12:09 - Mar 2 with 1691 viewsmendipexile

Very limited player. Played well yesterday although the type of game it was suited him I think. In other games he has given the ball away a lot as he is often too slow in possession. He is a squad player at best. Use him for the right type of games and he will do a job. I think he gets found out against the better sides.
Karl Henry on 12:55 - Mar 2 with 1655 viewsTacticalR

Answering my own question, it was Traoré who gave the free kick away.

Air hostess clique

Karl Henry on 16:25 - Mar 2 with 1582 viewsjohnnyl14

Interesting point, we started the season with henry & Barton in midfield didnt do so bad at that point did we.
Karl Henry on 16:49 - Mar 2 with 1554 viewsquickpassrotter

One of the few who did his job well. Picked in the right position. Kept it simple. Would keep him in for next week - but Harry will probably change it all around again. There again, hopefully we will have a few back after injury/suspension.
Karl Henry on 17:21 - Mar 2 with 1528 viewsstevec

Karl Henry on 16:25 - Mar 2 by johnnyl14

Interesting point, we started the season with henry & Barton in midfield didnt do so bad at that point did we.

Very true. We looked so much more solid with Henry alongside Barton earlier in season, even SWP was looking ok with those 2 behind. Enabled us to play 2 up front, but realise that's all changed with Austin and Johnson out.

Incredible bad luck that a squad our size is literally running out of options with so many injuries.
Karl Henry on 17:38 - Mar 2 with 1511 viewsjonno

Karl Henry on 17:21 - Mar 2 by stevec

Very true. We looked so much more solid with Henry alongside Barton earlier in season, even SWP was looking ok with those 2 behind. Enabled us to play 2 up front, but realise that's all changed with Austin and Johnson out.

Incredible bad luck that a squad our size is literally running out of options with so many injuries.

Bad luck? Maybe, but I think you make your own luck to a large extent.
Karl Henry on 09:14 - Mar 3 with 1381 viewsconnell10

Karl Henry on 01:10 - Mar 2 by RangersAreBack

Why? Are people not entitled to their opinions?

no not if they are shite in my opinion mate! simples!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Karl Henry on 09:25 - Mar 3 with 1371 viewssimmo

I think he gives the rest of the midfield enough protection that they feel they can gamble more and get further forwards, which is so important, especially when you have Doyle upfront. Think we play better against certain teams when he is there to do a very specific job, the problem comes when we want to play possession based football from the back and we expect him to be comfortbale in possession when under pressure, which he isn't.

Choice between him or Jenas next to Barton next week, as we are away, I expect Harry to stick with him and bench JJ.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Karl Henry on 10:42 - Mar 3 with 1325 viewsfrancisbowles

I would expect HR to try and tighten things up especially away from home. I believe that we need 19 points from 14 games to make the play offs.

90 is usually enough for 2nd place but this season the points totals for the top two seem very high. I would think that may well be beyond us.

With eight games this month, the table may look quite different on the 1st April. The important thing now is to get something from every game to stay in the picture!

We need stability in team selection, as far as possible, and I would expect Henry to keep his place in the starting line up. He can always be subbed if we are behind.
Karl Henry on 11:06 - Mar 3 with 1304 viewsQPunkR

The very fact that it seems blindingly obvious to most on here that Henry should start the upcoming games means that Arry will no doubt drop him from the squad entirely.
I'd far rather Henry playing any game ahead of Christmas Carroll. It amazes me that people can still try and argue what a shining light that boy is when his performances week after week constantly say otherwise. Dross!
Yes Henry is a limited footballer, but at least he knows his role out on the pitch and for the most part sticks to what he's there for

QPR - "shit but local"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024