Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warnock gone, statement at 7.30pm 18:22 - Jan 8 with 9774 viewsNorthernr

According to Glenn Moore who ghost writes his Indie column.
Warnock gone, statement at 7.30pm on 21:51 - Jan 8 with 884 viewsgigiisourgod

Warnock gone, statement at 7.30pm on 21:43 - Jan 8 by NW5Hoop

Agree with Clive's post earlier: if it were done, it had to be done now, so a new manager can buy his targets.

I feel awfully sad, and have nothing but the greatest admiration and gratitude for everything NW did for QPR in a little less than two years. The thing that made me doubt how long he was going to last came before our bad run. I was out at a gig with a group of people, one of whom - someone I'd never met before - was an old pro who used to play for NW. He was full of admiration for him, but said NW cheerfully admits to having no knowledge of tactics - he's a motivator. That set me wondering about a) whether the kind of players we brought in post-takeover - seasoned PL pros who've all worked with tacticians (discounting AF and Steve Bruce, obviously) - would respond to someone whose main modus operandi was "up and at 'em lads", and b) whether you could really get away without tactical nous in the PL. In both games against Norwich we were beaten by a better tactician (at Loftus Road, yes, the sending off made a big difference, but the triple sub lost us the game). I was shocked when Clint Hill ran over to the dug out at the Loftus Road after the subs came on bellowing: "You've got to f***ing change it. It's f***ing five against four. They've got ***king wing backs. You've got to change it." The bench ignored him.

But NW, whatver his shortcomings, will always be a hero of QPR. Last season was the most fun I've ever had going to football, and I'll never forget it.

great post NW5Hoop.
Warnock gone, statement at 7.30pm on 21:52 - Jan 8 with 877 viewswombat

Warnock gone, statement at 7.30pm on 20:19 - Jan 8 by WatfordR

Think a few imagine that T&C are still in charge. They aren't. Think people will come to look at this decision very differently as and when a few details emerge.

Agree Tom , warnock was the right man at the right time , a steadying influence in midst the madness of T@C no other manager would have got us promoted with so much going on behind the scenes .

I wish results had gone better for warnock but something has happened behind the scenes recently which is showing on the pitch in recent weeks

Thanks Neil your a legend

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Warnock gone, statement at 7.30pm on 21:53 - Jan 8 with 872 viewsashranger

My overriding feeling is one of sadness, sadness that they have sacked Neil and sadness that it didn't work out for him.

I am sure every fan at the club would have loved to have seen Neil keep us up and continue to build the club, it was the least he deserved.

However, I do understand why they have made the decision and I think we need to stick by Fernandes and the new manager when he arrives.

Good luck Neil and thank you for all you have done.
Warnock gone, statement at 7.30pm on 21:58 - Jan 8 with 848 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Warnock gone, statement at 7.30pm on 21:23 - Jan 8 by r66

This decision epitomises all that is wrong with football, short-termist, devoid of loyalty, lack of respect for people, no commitment.
We may well get 'new manager bounce' but actually after supporting the club for 46 years, I almost don't want one!
Yes, I want us to be successful but not at any price!
Neil Warnock transformed this club from one that was heading for League 1to a premiership club in little more than 12 months. Look at his reward!!

Agreed, and well put.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Warnock gone, statement at 7.30pm on 21:59 - Jan 8 with 840 viewsWanderR

Warnock gone, statement at 7.30pm on 21:48 - Jan 8 by baz_qpr

17th and in a seemingly death spiral having lost probably our most influential player on the pitch.

Look if it was only promotion relegation etc you would give him the time, but its £50m investment plus more to come they have to do what ever they feel is necessary to protect that

If we were rock bottom 20th and had been all season, I might agree. But we're not. We've had a string of bad games, but we're not down and out by any stretch of the imagination. My eyesight isn't that good, but I'm pretty sure I didn't see Warnock personally hacking down Faurlin in the centre circle and unless we're thinking of appointing Jesus Christ as a new physio, a new manager won't change that either.

The only cast iron justification for the decision with the facts at hand is if Warnock had lost the dressing room in which case I would recommend our players have a good long think about where they would have been right now without him.

Current location: OX10

Warnock gone, statement at 7.30pm on 22:01 - Jan 8 with 822 viewsWatfordR

Warnock gone, statement at 7.30pm on 21:59 - Jan 8 by WanderR

If we were rock bottom 20th and had been all season, I might agree. But we're not. We've had a string of bad games, but we're not down and out by any stretch of the imagination. My eyesight isn't that good, but I'm pretty sure I didn't see Warnock personally hacking down Faurlin in the centre circle and unless we're thinking of appointing Jesus Christ as a new physio, a new manager won't change that either.

The only cast iron justification for the decision with the facts at hand is if Warnock had lost the dressing room in which case I would recommend our players have a good long think about where they would have been right now without him.

Again, ask yourself how a manager with NW's experience loses a dressing room.
Warnock gone, statement at 7.30pm on 22:07 - Jan 8 with 781 viewsJonDoeman

Warnock gone, statement at 7.30pm on 22:01 - Jan 8 by WatfordR

Back to Barton.

It Is What It Is !!

Warnock gone, statement at 7.30pm on 22:08 - Jan 8 with 776 viewsWanderR

Exactly. If NW has lost the dressing room after his superb man management performance over the last two seasons, why should we think anyone else will do any better?

As I said, with the facts at hand, it seems hard to believe. A lot more to come me thinks.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Current location: OX10

Login to get fewer ads

Warnock gone, statement at 7.30pm on 22:09 - Jan 8 with 774 viewsrichranger

Feeling really sad at the moment. Neil Warnock did NOT deserve the sack. Maybe he had lost the dressing room etc - but because of all he's done for the club he should have been given an executive post ie Director of Football - or something of that ilk.

Neil Warnock put the soul back into the club and that should not be forgotten.

I remember the singing of 'Thank you Ian Holloway' at the first home game after he left the club. The singing of Thank you Neil Warnock should be 10 times louder at the next home game.

Warnock gone, statement at 7.30pm on 22:32 - Jan 8 with 701 viewsadhoc_qpr

Sad to see him go after his miraculous job keeping us up and then getting us promoted.

But i can see why the board acted:

1 home win this season, the unfortunate fixture list making the run look even worse, the pressure the transfer window brings then add in our steadily worsening form and performances.

TF gave Warnock a shot across the bows and that MK Dons performance wasn't the response he was looking for.

Very harsh but with the investment they have made and the addition of transfers funds - it's not hard to see why they got twitchy.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Warnock gone, statement at 7.30pm on 22:51 - Jan 8 with 654 viewsAntti_Heinola

Warnock gone, statement at 7.30pm on 19:12 - Jan 8 by Northernr

Again, not sure I agree. Rumblings for a couple of weeks about the anticipated transfer window activity being halted.

And to be honest after yesterday I can see why they've made the decision.

Norf, I think it's possible it happened before yesterday's game, or at least manager and players had got wind of it. NW was seated a lot during the game, uncharacteristically and DJ's performance was bizarrely out of character. Felt even during the game something was up. Never seen Mackie play so poorly. It all looked very strange.

Bare bones.

Warnock gone, statement at 7.30pm on 22:55 - Jan 8 with 637 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Warnock gone, statement at 7.30pm on 22:51 - Jan 8 by Antti_Heinola

Norf, I think it's possible it happened before yesterday's game, or at least manager and players had got wind of it. NW was seated a lot during the game, uncharacteristically and DJ's performance was bizarrely out of character. Felt even during the game something was up. Never seen Mackie play so poorly. It all looked very strange.

HH's goal celebration was also incredibly muted, especially for a last-minute equaliser in the cup. Thought at the time that it was down to Faurlin's injury, but maybe not...

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Warnock gone, statement at 7.30pm on 23:05 - Jan 8 with 618 viewsRangersAreBack

He treats Adel with kid gloves and even hands him the armband to pander to his ego when there are better candidates available. Upon promotion he strips him off the captaincy and allows other players to rip him to shreds.

He's shows a clear favouritism for certain players whilst publicly slating others. Traore is pulled up on the touchline in full view of the camera whilst Joey can do what he likes.

He plays good players out of position and encourages the team to deploy negative tactics against teams we should be going at.

His post-match interviews on MOTD are unusually jovial, spending most of his time waxing lyrical about the opposition and banging on about how we're all enjoying it.

He loses the northern grit and perspective which used to command him respect and made him a good manager in the first place.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024