Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bladies and Gentlemen match thread 12:17 - Aug 17 with 57319 viewscolinallcars

Bit late….

Any chance of a point or three ?
Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 15:56 - Aug 17 with 2741 viewsBklynRanger

Dear god. Dembele looks quality, everyone else looks lost or shit, or lost and shit.
Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 15:56 - Aug 17 with 2739 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 15:51 - Aug 17 by dmm

That was an awful first 15 mins, although we improved a bit as the half progressed. I can't see us scoring though.

We still look half baked. The players do not look like they know what they're supposed to be doing. We're ponderous going forward and open through the middle and the back. Sheff Utd haven't had to work too hard for their lead and are in control most of the time. Cifuentes needs to get a grip.

I suppose it's too late to get the haka dancing Maori up there to get them going?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 15:56 - Aug 17 with 2725 viewsderbyhoop

Looks like Andersson's done a groin.
Smyth as his sub.

Huge midfield, then

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 15:57 - Aug 17 with 2715 viewsmart_Goblin

In one and half league games we have allowed 6 shots at goal against us and let in 5 goals
Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 15:57 - Aug 17 with 2706 viewsMalintabuk

First time logged on today and must send my best wishes and love to Hayes regarding his dad
Nigh on 380 mile round trip and a 14 hour day to have the game finished as a contest after 12mins, not a great feel
Skimmed the the thread and though agree there is a need to bed these players in, but if we are not careful we are in danger of losing game after game, and with that a drain in confidence, and a season of struggle.
We can't keep having these great escapes, as eventually they will catch up with us. Also agree we have only played 2 games, both against good sides, but the first game and half we have been pretty poor and disjointed
Both goals came down our left and Varane as not covered himself in glory in both. The lad is looking well off it at the moment, can only hope he comes good before too long.
We really don't have an answer in midfield, and the only real positive is Dembele, he looks an exciting prospect
The game now is totally flat and the ground is virtually silent, feels like Sheff Utd have done their work for the day and will try and see this one out
What will MC do for the second. Hopefully will go for it, but the the Andersen injury he might want to keep his powder dry for Saturday and Plymouth which is already looking a big game
Just heard from a lad behind me that as it stands we are bottom of the league lol
Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 15:57 - Aug 17 with 2691 viewsHammersmithR

That has been one of the worst halves of football under Marti. We literally cannot retain the ball. We have not had one shot on goal. I don’t know what our tactics are. We look so sluggish and don’t look fit. Dunne looks painfully slow. Varane is going to get sent off. We are playing Sheff Utd FFS! They’re hardly Real Madrid. We look so open and can concede at every attempt. Going to be a long old season.
Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 15:59 - Aug 17 with 2605 views1BobbyHazell

Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 15:48 - Aug 17 by Hunterhoop

It’s also about keeping your shape, tracking runners, being disciplined, not giving it away in your half. The Championship is a basic league. You’ll be top half doing the above.

We aren’t.

That’s the bigger issue.

For sure, that stuff is a given and is really why we had our good runs last season as we never really developed into the sort of 'footballing' side we all think Marti wants us to be.

I think most of us expected that to be the platform we would hopefully build and improve on this year allowing a foundation to start to add more with the ball. I wasn't expecting to see such a defensive regression.

Early days of course and Dembele looks a proper player!
Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 15:59 - Aug 17 with 2597 viewsWD99

Granted two tough opponents to start the season, but we were all hoping to carry the Marti momentum on from second half of last season. But there are definitely concerns…defense hasn’t been as solid as second half of last season, our midfield has truly been overrun, and with Anderson surely joining Chair on the sidelines for a bit, our creativity is even more barren. I was opposed to bringing Hayden back, but now think we may need another body in there, even though him, field, colback, and Varane all seem somewhat similar players to me.

On a positive, Dembele looks great, and I assume he slots into the 10 now with Anderson out going forward.
Login to get fewer ads

Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 16:00 - Aug 17 with 2531 viewsbaz_qpr

A few points from me.

Suicidal tactics against a top team, 3 v 2 in midfield as it was last week

Midfield as bad as I've seen it for some time. Varane needs to be coached to stay on his feet and when to tackle. Playing alongside him the ghost of Sam Field seemingly possessed by Dozzell. Can we have our Sam Field back please.

Dunne dreadful at full back again

Dembele fantastic signing it will be like having a Chair on both wings

I'd take Lloyd and Varane off for Colback and EDB go 4-3-3 forget the high press for today we can't execute it.

Desperately need reinforcements in the middle of the park with mobility and experience.
Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 16:00 - Aug 17 with 2508 viewsSpaceman_P

the massive black hole in the midfield is obvious to anyone.

I do feel JCS and Varane didn't deserve their yellows.

I am just hoping Celar or Dykes don't come on, would just piss me off seeing them just standing there at the top of the half-way line.

Marti, needs to just keep the formula of what worked last season. Don't get why he's changed it, just doesn't work.

Jimmy Cafu, Frey and the new guy have all had a decent half.

But overall what's going on with our defence??
[Post edited 17 Aug 16:02]
Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 16:01 - Aug 17 with 2476 viewsstainrods_elbow

Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 15:51 - Aug 17 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Yep, would have packed the midfield and dropped Lloyd. The gaps are huge and so easy to play through.

Pack the centre and make it difficult.

So why can't Marti see it after our pre-season fiascos and two games in? Is he stubborn, stupid, or too much of a purist?

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 16:03 - Aug 17 with 2378 viewscolinallcars

Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 15:50 - Aug 17 by rbee

We've done something to upset the Football Gods. What a start to the season.

Two more games until the International break and time for our new players to acclimatise.

Never mind the weather….
Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 16:03 - Aug 17 with 2362 viewsnumptydumpty

Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 15:56 - Aug 17 by stainrods_elbow

Great - wake me up toward the end of November in that case, when Marti/the team have decided to get competitive!

'Ckin' joke!

There is one thing to be happy about.

We are above Chrissie Willock's Cardiff.

However.....

That's the only team we are ahead of currently as Cardiff are bottom and we are second from bottom !!!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 16:03 - Aug 17 with 2352 viewsSpaceman_P

Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 16:01 - Aug 17 by stainrods_elbow

So why can't Marti see it after our pre-season fiascos and two games in? Is he stubborn, stupid, or too much of a purist?

my wife is Spanish - so I am going to say he is definitely Stubborn.
Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 16:03 - Aug 17 with 2318 viewsstainrods_elbow

Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 15:45 - Aug 17 by Lblock

That Anderson is finished
Needs putting out to seed for me.
Thanks for last season but his body has gone And he’s not got the durability for a season in the Championship

Shame

He's 29 and played less than 100 games in 5 years for his last club before joining us. If you're right, and that's so, he should be professionally embarrassed, and we should be heckling him home.

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 16:04 - Aug 17 with 2292 viewsNov77

Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 15:57 - Aug 17 by mart_Goblin

In one and half league games we have allowed 6 shots at goal against us and let in 5 goals

Almost a full ‘Tony Robert’s ratio’

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 16:04 - Aug 17 with 2289 viewsSpaceman_P

Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 16:03 - Aug 17 by numptydumpty

There is one thing to be happy about.

We are above Chrissie Willock's Cardiff.

However.....

That's the only team we are ahead of currently as Cardiff are bottom and we are second from bottom !!!!

but at least we're not bottom (yet)
Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 16:05 - Aug 17 with 2247 viewsmart_Goblin

Colback on for Varane
Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 16:05 - Aug 17 with 2244 viewsstrikerace

Wow (and not in a good way).
There was basically nothing positive.
We are making Sheffield look like Arsenal.
Its like watching a National League team
Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 16:06 - Aug 17 with 2187 viewskarlski

Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 15:54 - Aug 17 by andrew1302

I am sorry but you have to worry. We look weak, we dont seem to understand the system and we have no goalscorer. I am finding it hard to believe Marti has started a season so badly as all 3 games to date have been shockers. Team togetherness was such an important factor last year and this team looks devoid of strength, cooperation or frankly caring a lot. Very very disappointing.

Yes this is my fundamental worry too - not how I was expecting a team Marti had a full preseason with to come out. BUT many allowances to make: missing a massive factor in Chair, new players getting used to things who haven't been part of the pre season, etc.

I have faith he'll bring it around, but there does seem to be a lot of work to do

Biggest concern is no defensive midfielder who seems truly comfortable and skilled on the ball and can move possession up the pitch (maybe Varane will turn into this).
Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 16:06 - Aug 17 with 2178 viewsted_hendrix

Just another Saturday afternoon losing 2-0 at half time to a better team up North.

At the risk of sounding silly I'm gonna be silly and say we'll be fine.

Nothing ever changes, It'll be the same on Saturday 17th August 2025.

(Don't mention the current GD, I mentioned It once but I think I got away with It).

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 16:08 - Aug 17 with 2078 viewsNov77

Henry viii’s plymuff 1 up

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 16:15 - Aug 17 with 1775 viewsQuillPenRiot

YESSSSSS!!1
Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 16:15 - Aug 17 with 1754 viewsPdog

That man can take a corner!
Bladies and Gentlemen match thread on 16:15 - Aug 17 with 1739 viewsBklynRanger

GET IN
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024