Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chair - what's the story? 23:48 - Aug 13 with 30150 viewsqueensparker

I have no ITK or agenda here but want to throw it out there as what else are these forums for but complete conjecture?

Is he really injured? Is this some 4D chess from Nourry to sell him? Is there something from his court case we're not being told? Has he been promised to Besiktas or Lens? Do we need the money? Does he want to go?

The bloke has held our club together for the last two years at least, without him we'd have been relegated soundly long ago.

As the last few games have also shown, we're going to badly miss him if he goes.

How do we think this is going to play out?
[Post edited 13 Aug 23:49]
Chair - what's the story? on 12:06 - Aug 18 with 4394 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Chair - what's the story? on 11:59 - Aug 18 by PlanetHonneywood

If Celar, Koki, and Dembele click, then I think Chair will become a better player for two reasons. Firstly, he will have more options to choose from and secondly, the oppo will have more on their plate to deal with than just Chair.

I have no inside track, but I do wonder if the 'injury' is a cover and what's potentially happening here, is the court, or even QPR have devided, we want the community service done sharpish and not dragging on.

Whatever the reason, the thought of Chair with mobile forwards and rampaging wingers around him, is too delicious to drag out his 150 hours of litter picking over an extended period.

Definitely mouth-watering thinking about Chair with more mobile players around him. He's probably at his best and most direct when he has movement off him and around him.

I'm still not convinced we'll ever see a pure 4231 as we just don't seem to have two central mids good enough to win midfield on their own. We may have to stick with 433, and maybe even the slightly more defensive version of it that we used in the second half of last season.

Chair, though, could slot into Andersen's 10 position in our current 433. We'd need a lot of defensive work from him, but his work-rate is excellent so it might work.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Chair - what's the story? on 12:24 - Aug 18 with 4278 viewsParkRoyalR

Chair - what's the story? on 12:06 - Aug 18 by BrianMcCarthy

Definitely mouth-watering thinking about Chair with more mobile players around him. He's probably at his best and most direct when he has movement off him and around him.

I'm still not convinced we'll ever see a pure 4231 as we just don't seem to have two central mids good enough to win midfield on their own. We may have to stick with 433, and maybe even the slightly more defensive version of it that we used in the second half of last season.

Chair, though, could slot into Andersen's 10 position in our current 433. We'd need a lot of defensive work from him, but his work-rate is excellent so it might work.

Chair in front of th²e 2 is as close a 433 as we can play, Field covers the Left DM position and EDB really needs to step up and make that Right DM position his own.
Chair - what's the story? on 12:37 - Aug 18 with 4161 viewsNorthantsHoop

Chair - what's the story? on 12:24 - Aug 18 by ParkRoyalR

Chair in front of th²e 2 is as close a 433 as we can play, Field covers the Left DM position and EDB really needs to step up and make that Right DM position his own.

I like Chair but I personally felt that we looked much more dangerous with our two new signings Dembele and Saito. Dembele looks a right baller and really decent and Saito can shift left and right and fast as well, great work for the assist. Need to evaluate next 2 or 3 games with the two new lads starting before really knowing if they are the answer, but if an offer comes in for Chair north of £5m it should seriously be considered this window, although injury to Andersen may have an impact on this.
Chair - what's the story? on 12:48 - Aug 18 with 4047 viewsLblock

Chair - what's the story? on 12:37 - Aug 18 by NorthantsHoop

I like Chair but I personally felt that we looked much more dangerous with our two new signings Dembele and Saito. Dembele looks a right baller and really decent and Saito can shift left and right and fast as well, great work for the assist. Need to evaluate next 2 or 3 games with the two new lads starting before really knowing if they are the answer, but if an offer comes in for Chair north of £5m it should seriously be considered this window, although injury to Andersen may have an impact on this.

Five mill?!?!

If we take less than £8mill with add ons and a sell on then we’re mad

Look at his stats
Hardly ever injured
Leads by example on the pitch and quite passionate about the club

I’d say he is a £10mill* player in today’s market but recent off field events will have impacted his stock a bit.

Totally appreciate the economics of the situation but I hope he stays.
Players like him are why you watch football

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Chair - what's the story? on 12:57 - Aug 18 with 4001 viewsNorthantsHoop

Chair - what's the story? on 12:48 - Aug 18 by Lblock

Five mill?!?!

Look at his stats
Hardly ever injured

I’d say he is a £10mill* player in today’s market but recent off field events will have impacted his stock a bit.

Very unlikely to get £10m for him as you say issues outside of football has affected his price and most likely a sale in the past. I enjoy watching him play and he has made us tick, remains to be seen what happens injury or not on whether his future is at QPR.
Chair - what's the story? on 12:59 - Aug 18 with 3987 viewsParkRoyalR

Chair - what's the story? on 12:48 - Aug 18 by Lblock

Five mill?!?!

Look at his stats
Hardly ever injured

Been with us a very long time, and despite other clubs knowing our financial need, never to my knowledge have we received a bid anywhere need £5m to date.
Chair - what's the story? on 13:10 - Aug 18 with 3902 viewswortonr

Surely there’s no chance he will go until Jan if at all? He’s going to be out injured still at deadline day. Could work in our favour if we are ok until he’s fit.
Chair - what's the story? on 13:11 - Aug 18 with 3892 viewskensalriser

There might be another reason Chair hasn't been transferred - his contract. Players are adapting to the transfer environment by running down their contracts, which is why Sheffield Utd got Callum O'Hare - probably a better player than Chair albeit with a poorer fitness record - on a free. Why spend £5m+ on a player when you can get one for nothing?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

Chair - what's the story? on 15:37 - Aug 18 with 3626 viewsAndybrat

Chair - what's the story? on 11:14 - Aug 18 by Antti_Heinola

Every single manager since Warbs has played him when fit (basically always). Throughout that time and before, and for years, it’s generally accepted that that oh so football term ‘standards’ have been low throughout the club. And yet if there is one person at the club in that time you could not aim an accusation about having low standards is Chair. By all accounts he is a great trainer. On the pitch we see someone who is relentless in his running, who never, ever gives up, and, at many times in the last 5 years has taken the entire responsibility for team creativity on his own back. He is frequently at the end of games out on his feet with exhaustion. He has until now a superb record with availability. He has overcome enormous obstacles to become a pro footballer, not least hos stature. He shows willingness to improve and be coached. He is a leader at this club.
IF he has berated other players on the pitch, MAYBE he’s a bit fcked off with the effort he puts in for this club compared to about 80% of the players he’s played with over his time with us. MAYBE he’s demanding of them the proper standards he demonstrably sets for himself.

Does he sometimes make poor decisions? Yes. Does he sometimes shoot when he should pass? Yes. Does he sometimes not play the early ball? Yes. But stats show he also creates more chances than almost anyone in the division. So maybe he’s not always wrong? Perhaps we can criticise so e aspects of play but while we criticise where he looks when he receives it, we might also say few players in our team in the last 5 years are even able to receive the ball in a tight spot, with markers, and not lose possession. He is ALWAYS available, always demanding the ball. He is a gem and frankly i couldn’t give a toss any no one has offeted 6-10m for him. I’m just delighted he’s ours.

And so brilliantly written and i reckon the feelings of the vast vast vast majority.
Chair - what's the story? on 15:41 - Aug 18 with 3607 viewsswisscottage

Chair - what's the story? on 20:03 - Aug 17 by Hunterhoop

Couple of things I’ve heard. Body language at times on the pitch. Way he often berates some teammates on the pitch, often when fault lay with him.

Doesn’t take away from his ability.

All I’m doing is speculating why, if he is the all round package, he hasn’t been bought. He either isn’t as good as we as a fanbase think, or other clubs are put off by something that isn’t public knowledge. We are a selling a club. We’ve managed his contract well. They will want to cash on at some point (unless he plays his career here). I’d just expect someone to buy him.

The biggest why is he's had the court case over his head for the best part of three years and is now injured.

Nobodies going to come in for him in either circumstance
Chair - what's the story? on 15:43 - Aug 18 with 3565 viewsderbyhoop

Chair - what's the story? on 13:10 - Aug 18 by wortonr

Surely there’s no chance he will go until Jan if at all? He’s going to be out injured still at deadline day. Could work in our favour if we are ok until he’s fit.

Out for at least another 5 weeks,(WLS). Thay may suit us as he wont be available until after window shuts.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Chair - what's the story? on 15:48 - Aug 18 with 3563 viewsGus_iom

Chair - what's the story? on 12:59 - Aug 18 by ParkRoyalR

Been with us a very long time, and despite other clubs knowing our financial need, never to my knowledge have we received a bid anywhere need £5m to date.

Good. We're signing players as it is, how much would we have to pay to get what Chair has given us over the last few years?
Every fan of other championship clubs that I know rates him highly.
The better the players around him, the better he is.
Chair - what's the story? on 16:04 - Aug 18 with 3428 viewslassel

Chair - what's the story? on 07:31 - Aug 18 by Antti_Heinola

Well, he's injured so won't be going anywhere this window!

I mean it’s definitely possible that any interested club will hold off until January but at the same time he will be back by the end of September, so if he is high enough up anyone’s list I don’t see why they would wait 4 months rather than 6 weeks.

Looking at where there even might be a market for him, I could definitely see it being a case of what we have discussed previously - the market for Champ to Champ clubs has died post Covid and doesn’t look to be coming back. If Leeds desperately wanted him he would be there by now and looking at the clubs who might be able to afford him, Burnley already have 2 million players, Sheff Utd already have Hamer and O’Hare and just loaned in Rak-Sakyi…….Luton? Stoke? Hull?

It might have to be overseas if he wants to move and I don’t know why but I don’t see him ending up out in Turkey or similar.
Chair - what's the story? on 16:07 - Aug 18 with 3377 viewsslmrstid

Chair - what's the story? on 13:11 - Aug 18 by kensalriser

There might be another reason Chair hasn't been transferred - his contract. Players are adapting to the transfer environment by running down their contracts, which is why Sheffield Utd got Callum O'Hare - probably a better player than Chair albeit with a poorer fitness record - on a free. Why spend £5m+ on a player when you can get one for nothing?

Not strictly true though is it? More often than not the club still pays a transfer fee, just it goes to the player as a signing on fee rather than the club he's leaving.

This is why Ryan Manning has left his last two clubs after running down contracts and Chris Willock has just done exactly the same.
Chair - what's the story? on 16:28 - Aug 18 with 3280 viewsParkRoyalR

Chair - what's the story? on 15:48 - Aug 18 by Gus_iom

Good. We're signing players as it is, how much would we have to pay to get what Chair has given us over the last few years?
Every fan of other championship clubs that I know rates him highly.
The better the players around him, the better he is.

Every fan maybe but it's those who hold the cheque books that count and for many clubs for varying reasons over many seasons they've chosen not to make a bid for his services.
Chair - what's the story? on 18:11 - Aug 18 with 2926 viewsnumptydumpty

It seems a very convenient injury.

The odds point to a full return - immediately after the end of the transfer window - and in this time, he will also have conveniently completed his allotted community service.

Nourry probably put into his AI search engine, best way to ensure Chair remains here this season, given his circumstances.

And out comes the answer !!!!

Problem Solved !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Chair - what's the story? on 19:11 - Aug 18 with 2731 viewsSuperhoops2808

Chair - what's the story? on 11:14 - Aug 18 by Antti_Heinola

Every single manager since Warbs has played him when fit (basically always). Throughout that time and before, and for years, it’s generally accepted that that oh so football term ‘standards’ have been low throughout the club. And yet if there is one person at the club in that time you could not aim an accusation about having low standards is Chair. By all accounts he is a great trainer. On the pitch we see someone who is relentless in his running, who never, ever gives up, and, at many times in the last 5 years has taken the entire responsibility for team creativity on his own back. He is frequently at the end of games out on his feet with exhaustion. He has until now a superb record with availability. He has overcome enormous obstacles to become a pro footballer, not least hos stature. He shows willingness to improve and be coached. He is a leader at this club.
IF he has berated other players on the pitch, MAYBE he’s a bit fcked off with the effort he puts in for this club compared to about 80% of the players he’s played with over his time with us. MAYBE he’s demanding of them the proper standards he demonstrably sets for himself.

Does he sometimes make poor decisions? Yes. Does he sometimes shoot when he should pass? Yes. Does he sometimes not play the early ball? Yes. But stats show he also creates more chances than almost anyone in the division. So maybe he’s not always wrong? Perhaps we can criticise so e aspects of play but while we criticise where he looks when he receives it, we might also say few players in our team in the last 5 years are even able to receive the ball in a tight spot, with markers, and not lose possession. He is ALWAYS available, always demanding the ball. He is a gem and frankly i couldn’t give a toss any no one has offeted 6-10m for him. I’m just delighted he’s ours.

Stop talking sense Anti, people prefer to have their own conspiracy theories!!
Chair - what's the story? on 20:29 - Aug 18 with 2446 viewshoopedmonkey

Morning glory
Chair - what's the story? on 20:47 - Aug 18 with 2325 viewsCateLeBonR

Chair - what's the story? on 20:29 - Aug 18 by hoopedmonkey

Morning glory

I need a little time to wake up. Wake up.
Chair - what's the story? on 21:00 - Aug 18 with 2254 viewshoopedmonkey

Chair - what's the story? on 20:47 - Aug 18 by CateLeBonR

I need a little time to wake up. Wake up.

Mae pob un o'ch breuddwydion yn cael eu gwneud
Chair - what's the story? on 21:08 - Aug 18 with 2199 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Chair - what's the story? on 21:00 - Aug 18 by hoopedmonkey

Mae pob un o'ch breuddwydion yn cael eu gwneud

What a lovely language that is. So lyrical and poetical. I could swim in it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Chair - what's the story? on 21:12 - Aug 18 with 2206 viewsNed_Kennedys

Chair - what's the story? on 16:28 - Aug 18 by ParkRoyalR

Every fan maybe but it's those who hold the cheque books that count and for many clubs for varying reasons over many seasons they've chosen not to make a bid for his services.

Our model is to balance the books which involves selling players regularly for decent money.
We’ve signed a number this summer and some of them have been expensive by our recent standards but apart from Armstrong we’ve not sold anyone and the money for him probably covers the Varane transfer.

I assume we are hoping to sell JCS or Chair before the end of the window: out of the two I’d sell Chair as we now have some decent attacking midfield options so his injury is badly timed.
Chair - what's the story? on 21:17 - Aug 18 with 2184 viewshoopedmonkey

Chair - what's the story? on 21:08 - Aug 18 by BrianMcCarthy

What a lovely language that is. So lyrical and poetical. I could swim in it.

tá teanga bhreá tuillte ag amhránaí breá.
[Post edited 19 Aug 8:31]
Chair - what's the story? on 22:02 - Aug 18 with 2056 viewssilverbirch

Chair - what's the story? on 12:37 - Aug 18 by NorthantsHoop

So, we looked more dangerous in one game with the new guys than we have for the last 200 with chair? It would be a bold move to sell him at a knockdown price on that basis.
[Post edited 18 Aug 22:03]
Chair - what's the story? on 01:34 - Aug 19 with 1677 viewsKensalT

Chair - what's the story? on 16:04 - Aug 18 by lassel

I mean it’s definitely possible that any interested club will hold off until January but at the same time he will be back by the end of September, so if he is high enough up anyone’s list I don’t see why they would wait 4 months rather than 6 weeks.

Looking at where there even might be a market for him, I could definitely see it being a case of what we have discussed previously - the market for Champ to Champ clubs has died post Covid and doesn’t look to be coming back. If Leeds desperately wanted him he would be there by now and looking at the clubs who might be able to afford him, Burnley already have 2 million players, Sheff Utd already have Hamer and O’Hare and just loaned in Rak-Sakyi…….Luton? Stoke? Hull?

It might have to be overseas if he wants to move and I don’t know why but I don’t see him ending up out in Turkey or similar.

Leeds have been offloading players all summer to pull their finances into shape.

It's no secret they're desperate for a playmaker. So desperate they've been using Piroe as their "10".

I wouldn't be surprised if Chair is a player they have been looking hard at.

Whether Leeds can meet our valuation, or whether Chair would even want to go there are they key questions.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024