Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chair - what's the story? 23:48 - Aug 13 with 30149 viewsqueensparker

I have no ITK or agenda here but want to throw it out there as what else are these forums for but complete conjecture?

Is he really injured? Is this some 4D chess from Nourry to sell him? Is there something from his court case we're not being told? Has he been promised to Besiktas or Lens? Do we need the money? Does he want to go?

The bloke has held our club together for the last two years at least, without him we'd have been relegated soundly long ago.

As the last few games have also shown, we're going to badly miss him if he goes.

How do we think this is going to play out?
[Post edited 13 Aug 23:49]
Chair - what's the story? on 11:41 - Aug 14 with 6526 viewsSuperhoop83

Chair - what's the story? on 11:13 - Aug 14 by Northernr

Never.

I'm glad we've cleared that up.

(Please delete these posts if Chair moves to Leeds this month.)

Suffering since 1978.

Chair - what's the story? on 11:43 - Aug 14 with 6501 viewskensalriser

Chair - what's the story? on 11:10 - Aug 14 by Northernr

If Leeds offer £10m Nourry will drive him up the M1 himself.

And he would already have returned and had his lunch.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Chair - what's the story? on 12:04 - Aug 14 with 6359 viewsDavieQPR

He hurt his back picking up litter in Leeds.
Chair - what's the story? on 21:29 - Aug 15 with 5626 viewsAndybrat

Chair - what's the story? on 12:04 - Aug 14 by DavieQPR

He hurt his back picking up litter in Leeds.

No mention again in Marti pre-match interview, mind you he is not going to answer a question he hasn’t been asked !! It’s the obvious question “ how soon will our key player be back?” It really does make you wonder?
Chair - what's the story? on 22:51 - Aug 15 with 5325 viewscolinallcars

Taking one consideration with another, with Marti saying he wants more players onboard, I would say we won't see Chair playing for QPR again.
Chair - what's the story? on 22:59 - Aug 15 with 5283 viewsBeckenhamhoop

Chair - what's the story? on 22:51 - Aug 15 by colinallcars

Taking one consideration with another, with Marti saying he wants more players onboard, I would say we won't see Chair playing for QPR again.

I’ve thought this for some time. I’d be surprised if a deal wasn’t already in place and that is what is funding our transfers in. Nourry clearly not wanting to pay over the odds for players with their teams knowing we’ve got x amount of money in the bank from selling Chair.

The fact we’ve brought Saito in and already have Kolli playing in a similar position to Chair just all points one way as far as I can see.
[Post edited 15 Aug 23:02]
Chair - what's the story? on 23:10 - Aug 15 with 5208 viewsdaveB

Chair - what's the story? on 22:59 - Aug 15 by Beckenhamhoop

I’ve thought this for some time. I’d be surprised if a deal wasn’t already in place and that is what is funding our transfers in. Nourry clearly not wanting to pay over the odds for players with their teams knowing we’ve got x amount of money in the bank from selling Chair.

The fact we’ve brought Saito in and already have Kolli playing in a similar position to Chair just all points one way as far as I can see.
[Post edited 15 Aug 23:02]

if a deal is in place why would the buying club not just take him now rather than wait a few weeks
Chair - what's the story? on 23:24 - Aug 15 with 5120 viewsLoft1979

Chair - what's the story? on 23:10 - Aug 15 by daveB

if a deal is in place why would the buying club not just take him now rather than wait a few weeks

Agree with several here that the peripheral evidence is highly suggestive. Leeds just got a bid in for Rutter so that's close to 80M in funds and this Leeds teams NEEDS a LW like Chair who is proven at this level. 10M would be a steal.
Login to get fewer ads

Chair - what's the story? on 23:55 - Aug 15 with 5012 viewsCateLeBonR

These things often move in chains like house moves I was led to believe. So maybe Chair’s move is dependent on the buying club selling a player first.
Chair - what's the story? on 02:55 - Aug 16 with 4758 viewsEalingHoop81

I’ve not seen it mentioned here, but isn’t the more likely reason for him not currently being selected due to the club confirming they were carrying out there own investigation following the final judgement on his sentence? Prior to that, he was appealing but has subsequently been given community service for a misdemeanour charge. The club need to complete their investigation and determine whatever course of action they consider should apply under our code of conduct. He may also over in Belgium regularly carrying out his community service simultaneously.

The alternative, that he has an innocuous injury that means our best player hasn’t appeared at all and yet is regularly around the club seemingly fine, would surprise me. Equally, if we carried out an investigation, I would have expected that we’d have completed it more swiftly given the season starting etc.

If we were selling him, surely we we would still be playing given his injury history etc and any agreed deal would have been public somewhere by now…..
Chair - what's the story? on 07:45 - Aug 16 with 4028 viewsdaveB

Are they lying about the Morgan Fox injury as well then?
Chair - what's the story? on 08:05 - Aug 16 with 3901 viewsAndybrat

Chair - what's the story? on 07:45 - Aug 16 by daveB

Are they lying about the Morgan Fox injury as well then?

Good point, neither mentioned. Maybe same strategy as Gareth to not let the oppo know
Chair - what's the story? on 08:21 - Aug 16 with 3786 viewspaddyhdog

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/important-day-for-chair-as-boss-addresses-qp

Looks like it's just as the club said - he has an injured back. Fingers crossed it's not too serious
Chair - what's the story? on 08:58 - Aug 16 with 3513 viewsdavman

Chair - what's the story? on 08:21 - Aug 16 by paddyhdog

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/important-day-for-chair-as-boss-addresses-qp

Looks like it's just as the club said - he has an injured back. Fingers crossed it's not too serious

So, today might tell the club how long he is out for, but will they tell us?

If he is out for a considerable time, it'll be a disaster for us. The new players will take time to bed in, but we need to be picking up points whilst they bed in and without Chair, our chances of doing that are seriously reduced. And that means that their confidence will be at rock bottom if we keep on losing.

Going forward, we've been a bit of a disaster without him and our ability to retain possession is through the floor - we can't seem to hold the ball for any length of time without him and I am 100% sure that the new guys will not help out as much as Illias does if he is to be out for a while.

Yes, its only two games, yes I am a pessimist and yes even if Illy were to start playing again there are no guarantees, but the early season signs are not good...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Chair - what's the story? on 09:15 - Aug 16 with 3367 viewsnumptydumpty

Chair - what's the story? on 08:21 - Aug 16 by paddyhdog

Just googled bruised bone in back and ability to do sporting activities

It said for a small bruise it could totally heal in general between 4 to 8 weeks.

But for a large bruised bone in the back, it could take months to heal totally and even up to twelve months, as the worst case scenario.

So obviously we all be hoping it's the former. Probably been around four weeks already I believe.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Chair - what's the story? on 11:50 - Aug 16 with 2664 viewsHammersmithR

Can’t see who would sign him. He’s 26 now. If he was good enough for a higher level he would have gone now like Eze. Championship is his level. Marti has made him a vice-captain as well this season. We definitely need him back asap.
Chair - what's the story? on 12:31 - Aug 16 with 2370 viewsLoftgirl

Chair - what's the story? on 09:15 - Aug 16 by numptydumpty

Just googled bruised bone in back and ability to do sporting activities

It said for a small bruise it could totally heal in general between 4 to 8 weeks.

But for a large bruised bone in the back, it could take months to heal totally and even up to twelve months, as the worst case scenario.

So obviously we all be hoping it's the former. Probably been around four weeks already I believe.

Any clues as to how he did it?
Chair - what's the story? on 12:35 - Aug 16 with 2327 viewsdmm

Chair - what's the story? on 11:50 - Aug 16 by HammersmithR

Can’t see who would sign him. He’s 26 now. If he was good enough for a higher level he would have gone now like Eze. Championship is his level. Marti has made him a vice-captain as well this season. We definitely need him back asap.

I think one of the bigger Championship clubs in with a shout of promotion would certainly take him.
Chair - what's the story? on 12:48 - Aug 16 with 2208 viewsHAYESBOY

Chair - what's the story? on 12:31 - Aug 16 by Loftgirl

Any clues as to how he did it?

Picking up rubbish?

Smells like a trout farm in here

Chair - what's the story? on 13:18 - Aug 16 with 2035 viewsenfieldargh

VAT quarter?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Chair - what's the story? on 13:27 - Aug 16 with 1923 viewsWestonsuperR

Plenty of Championship clubs would be interested, his goals and assists speak for themselves and many transfers are now based on stats. Chair gets a lot of love from Championship fans, invariably thought of as our best player. 5M+ and I think he goes.
Chair - what's the story? on 13:31 - Aug 16 with 1881 viewsNorthernr

He'd get a similar deal and a similar club to the one O'Hare just got at Sheff Utd - also 26 and with a much worse injury history.
Chair - what's the story? on 13:36 - Aug 16 with 1799 viewssprocket

I am gobsmacked nobody has come in for him over the last couple of years, court case aside. One of the standout performers at this level for several years. We'd be in league 1 without him.
[Post edited 16 Aug 13:37]
Chair - what's the story? on 13:49 - Aug 16 with 1695 viewsHunterhoop

Chair - what's the story? on 13:36 - Aug 16 by sprocket

I am gobsmacked nobody has come in for him over the last couple of years, court case aside. One of the standout performers at this level for several years. We'd be in league 1 without him.
[Post edited 16 Aug 13:37]

It does beg the question, why haven’t teams come in for him and someone offered enough for us to accept?

We’re hardly loaded with cash and don’t have a history of being the best negotiations. I’m not aware anyone has made a formal offer either.

These teams, scouts, data guys have access to all the metrics, their teams have played against him for years. People in the game move about, so former teammates and coaches will have spoken to people at other clubs.

I’ve said this before; I’m not sure Chair is the popular, good bloke in the dressing room, good teammate, some perhaps think. Even then, clubs do sign problematic characters as well.

If he is all those things, what other reason is there not to get a top 6 Champ deal? Perhaps we are paying him a fortune, but I doubt it. There must be something known in the game.
Chair - what's the story? on 13:57 - Aug 16 with 1571 viewsAntti_Heinola

Chair - what's the story? on 13:49 - Aug 16 by Hunterhoop

It does beg the question, why haven’t teams come in for him and someone offered enough for us to accept?

We’re hardly loaded with cash and don’t have a history of being the best negotiations. I’m not aware anyone has made a formal offer either.

These teams, scouts, data guys have access to all the metrics, their teams have played against him for years. People in the game move about, so former teammates and coaches will have spoken to people at other clubs.

I’ve said this before; I’m not sure Chair is the popular, good bloke in the dressing room, good teammate, some perhaps think. Even then, clubs do sign problematic characters as well.

If he is all those things, what other reason is there not to get a top 6 Champ deal? Perhaps we are paying him a fortune, but I doubt it. There must be something known in the game.

Well we turned down quite a big offer in January.
I've never seen anything but love for Chair from other players, from Ebs, to Albert, to Willock to Marti, and he's been part of the leadership group, usually put in place by players, for a while now.

You've also got to remember the last deal he signed was a lengthy one, meaning
a. he was happy to stay
and
b. it would require a large price to buy him

plus, only 2 seasons ago the club were screaming 'we won't be selling anyone!' - so there's not been much of a window where someone might have come in with anything other than a ridiculous offer.
[Post edited 16 Aug 14:00]

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024