Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Emma Raducando 04:45 - Jul 4 with 6697 viewsFredManRave

With so much negative shite going on everywhere, in general, at the moment it was just a simple breath of fresh air to see a still very young 21 year old, sports professional, who has gone through so much in the last 2 years, to finally play (back) to her potential.

She called her 2nd round win, "winning ugly", a la England, but today she was supreme.

And skill and dedication aside, in the post match interview, just showed how much she is appreciative of and enjoys, the special gift that she's been given.

A real highlight and nice break from all the negativity being espoused at the moment.

And now she's playing mixed doubles with Andy Murray, so we all know who's fault that will be if they don't win the title!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Emma Raducando on 06:21 - Jul 4 with 2890 viewsdmm

I only have a passing interest in tennis - although really enjoyed Murray's career of course.

Like many, Raducanu caught my eye when she won the US Open in 2021 at such a young age. But, as such a precocious talent, she also worried me as many who rise quickly early on in sport often then experience real problems.

I do hope her injury issues are sorted and that she can now realise her exceptional talent. It's been a long time since GB had a world class women's tennis player.
Emma Raducando on 08:32 - Jul 4 with 2704 viewsMalintabuk

Echo above. She burst on the scene from nowhere really to win a grand slam ... and the pressure that must bring is intense I imagine.... especially in the UK where we just love to destroy heroes / heroines
The injuries apart, 3 ops in 2 years, I think there were issues with her family and trying to control her career
But wish her the best, not only a great tennis talent, but apparently going to Cambridge after Wimbledon to check out choices....
[Post edited 4 Jul 8:33]
Emma Raducando on 08:34 - Jul 4 with 2693 viewsCroydonCaptJack

It was a brilliant win. I love Wimbledon and am going on Sunday so I really hope she gets through tomorrow so I have a chance of seeing her.
Emma Raducando on 08:45 - Jul 4 with 2642 viewsGaryBannister86

Well said. At her best she is a class above the Boulters and Darts so there is a real chance she can push into the top 10. It isn't all about Wimbledon, I want to watch her challenging all year round.

I really don't blame her cashing in on her major - now she has her wealth sorted, and hopefully fitness too - she could be a joy to watch. I would love Murray to coach her - imagine Murray's dedication and commitment combined with her natural ability. Not sure it works like that, but would be sensational.
Emma Raducando on 08:51 - Jul 4 with 2611 viewsstowmarketrange

Emma Raducando on 08:34 - Jul 4 by CroydonCaptJack

It was a brilliant win. I love Wimbledon and am going on Sunday so I really hope she gets through tomorrow so I have a chance of seeing her.

Didn’t the middle Sunday used to be a rest day?I guess the LTA don’t make money from rest days.
Emma Raducando on 09:18 - Jul 4 with 2541 viewsTheChef

Raducando?

Or Raducan'tdo?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Emma Raducando on 09:23 - Jul 4 with 2513 viewsSnipper

She was absolutely brilliant yesterday. She plays with a smile on her face.

Long may it continue.
Emma Raducando on 09:35 - Jul 4 with 2456 viewshubble

I watched her first round match (I switched over from the dire France Belgium game) when she was still warming up, so to speak, and she won that fairly easily. Already, in this second round match, she's gone to another level; such a natural athlete and tennis player, an absolute delight to watch.

PS I don't know if Raducando was deliberate, but it's a great nickname for her!

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Login to get fewer ads

Emma Raducando on 10:29 - Jul 4 with 2337 viewsSuperhoops2808

So

she actually called her FIRST round win ugly and yesterdays win, Pretty

I love watching her play BUT she is yet to catch up Katie Boulter who for me is becoming the all round package. Yes Emma has won a slam, but she didnt beat any Top 10 player in the process (not her fault - You can only play who is in front of you) and she still has a lot to prove.

But I do think she is playing her best tennis since that slam win, and I really hope she makes the second week

And in fairness, the womens tennis for GB is in a very good place at the moment. We will have 3 women in the 3rd round at lease and possibly more yet

My dark horse for the championship though is Jack Draper. Not talked about a huge amount and I think well worth a tenner to win the tournament this year
Emma Raducando on 11:34 - Jul 4 with 2196 viewsstowmarketrange

Did anyone see Kartal play yesterday?I thought it was a bloke at first.At least she won I guess.
Emma Raducando on 11:34 - Jul 4 with 2194 viewsE15Hoop

Emma Raducando on 09:23 - Jul 4 by Snipper

She was absolutely brilliant yesterday. She plays with a smile on her face.

Long may it continue.

Massive contrast to 3 years ago, where it was all too much for her emotionally, and you wondered if she would become her own worst enemy.

Turns out she's learned a lot of tough lessons very quickly and looks like she's well and truly "in the zone".

if she keeps this up, she'll be back in the Top 10 before very long at all.
Emma Raducando on 11:59 - Jul 4 with 2109 viewsGaryBannister86

Emma Raducando on 10:29 - Jul 4 by Superhoops2808

So

she actually called her FIRST round win ugly and yesterdays win, Pretty

I love watching her play BUT she is yet to catch up Katie Boulter who for me is becoming the all round package. Yes Emma has won a slam, but she didnt beat any Top 10 player in the process (not her fault - You can only play who is in front of you) and she still has a lot to prove.

But I do think she is playing her best tennis since that slam win, and I really hope she makes the second week

And in fairness, the womens tennis for GB is in a very good place at the moment. We will have 3 women in the 3rd round at lease and possibly more yet

My dark horse for the championship though is Jack Draper. Not talked about a huge amount and I think well worth a tenner to win the tournament this year

Draper is quality, think he will win it one year.

Boulter has done well outside of Wimbledon, which is a refreshing change, but surely the potential is that Radacanu is better when fit.

Argh, don't go down the "didn't beat a top 10 player" route about her slam. She was a qualifier, hardly a fluke win. She was well worth it. Only the English pick holes in our own winners!
Emma Raducando on 13:08 - Jul 4 with 1999 viewsTheChef

Emma Raducando on 11:34 - Jul 4 by stowmarketrange

Did anyone see Kartal play yesterday?I thought it was a bloke at first.At least she won I guess.

In that regard the Williams sisters haven't helped much - sadly women's tennis is now all power and no grace.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Emma Raducando on 13:15 - Jul 4 with 1969 viewsStainrod

Yesterday she was back to her best. Don't want to add to the pressure/hype as with the England football team but if she plays that well she could go quite a long way in the tournament. For me she is a player you can really get behind - I always tried to like Andy Murray but found him quite dour and ungracious in post-match interviews. As others have said, hard not to warm to someone who plays with a smile on her face.
Emma Raducando on 13:23 - Jul 4 with 1922 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Emma Raducando on 08:51 - Jul 4 by stowmarketrange

Didn’t the middle Sunday used to be a rest day?I guess the LTA don’t make money from rest days.

Yes, you may remember 'peoples Sunday' which they would have if they got behind due to the weather and let the general public queue up to get in. They changed it all a good few years back I think.
Emma Raducando on 13:24 - Jul 4 with 1922 viewsnix

Emma Raducando on 11:34 - Jul 4 by stowmarketrange

I'm sure all those hours and years practising and going through illness and injury so she thought she might not be able to play tennis at all this year she's grateful that you a) care what she looks like and b) give her grudging support for getting into the third round of what is in effect the world championships of tennis.

FFS.
[Post edited 4 Jul 13:27]
Emma Raducando on 13:27 - Jul 4 with 1893 viewsNorthernr

Actually bagged tickets to the women's semi finals next Thursday so really looking forward to that.
Emma Raducando on 13:30 - Jul 4 with 1865 viewsnix

Emma Raducando on 13:27 - Jul 4 by Northernr

Actually bagged tickets to the women's semi finals next Thursday so really looking forward to that.

I'm very jealous. There are some brilliant women's matches these days. Should be a great day out. Outside chance of a British player, if not for the singles matches then for some doubles. May also be some junior matches worth looking out for on the outside courts.
Emma Raducando on 13:38 - Jul 4 with 1805 viewsFearless

Emma Raducando on 13:27 - Jul 4 by Northernr

Good luck!
I went to Williams v Halep final in 2019 - under an hour, I couldn’t bring myself to work out the cost per minute

It’s a great day out though
Emma Raducando on 13:39 - Jul 4 with 1785 viewsstevec

Emma Raducando on 13:30 - Jul 4 by nix

I'm very jealous. There are some brilliant women's matches these days. Should be a great day out. Outside chance of a British player, if not for the singles matches then for some doubles. May also be some junior matches worth looking out for on the outside courts.

So far, it’s like watching England play football. One error after another.
Emma Raducando on 13:39 - Jul 4 with 1801 viewsstowmarketrange

Emma Raducando on 13:24 - Jul 4 by nix

I'm sure all those hours and years practising and going through illness and injury so she thought she might not be able to play tennis at all this year she's grateful that you a) care what she looks like and b) give her grudging support for getting into the third round of what is in effect the world championships of tennis.

FFS.
[Post edited 4 Jul 13:27]

Sorry that I didn’t realise I’m not allowed to comment on what a tennis player looks like.I don’t follow tennis closely enough to know whether she’d been injured or not,but she did well to win against someone ranked so much higher than her.
Emma Raducando on 13:45 - Jul 4 with 1769 viewsStainrod

Women's game transformed last 20 years. Used to be quite plodding outside the very top players, with very one-sided matches compared to the mens game. Now the power and technique is so good I often find myself switching to a women's match over a mens one.
Emma Raducando on 13:47 - Jul 4 with 1754 viewsNorthernr

Emma Raducando on 13:38 - Jul 4 by Fearless

Good luck!
I went to Williams v Halep final in 2019 - under an hour, I couldn’t bring myself to work out the cost per minute

It’s a great day out though

Yeh love it, managed to do quite well for tickets.
We found that by getting an LTA membership and keeping it renewed (£25 a year) we seem to steadily be moving up through the ranks and getting offered better and better tix every year.
Emma Raducando on 13:52 - Jul 4 with 1729 viewsSuperhoops2808

Emma Raducando on 11:59 - Jul 4 by GaryBannister86

Draper is quality, think he will win it one year.

Boulter has done well outside of Wimbledon, which is a refreshing change, but surely the potential is that Radacanu is better when fit.

Argh, don't go down the "didn't beat a top 10 player" route about her slam. She was a qualifier, hardly a fluke win. She was well worth it. Only the English pick holes in our own winners!

That was the reason I added the bit about only playing what's drawn in front of her. I am not knocking her, just think she has a bit more to do yet. Take last years Ladies champ, went out in the first round and no one has really heard much about her since she won last year

I also think she has learned a lot from going back to her original coach - No coincidence that she is so much more focused now.
Emma Raducando on 14:08 - Jul 4 with 1675 viewsstevec

Emma Raducando on 13:47 - Jul 4 by Northernr

Yeh love it, managed to do quite well for tickets.
We found that by getting an LTA membership and keeping it renewed (£25 a year) we seem to steadily be moving up through the ranks and getting offered better and better tix every year.

Ah, so that’s the secret, thanks.

I’ve been going in the ballot for over ten years and not had a sniff.

Did get on centre court and court 1 during Covid times and it’s a great day out.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024