Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Half decent tv 06:36 - Apr 29 with 622604 viewsLadbrokeR

I watched the last episode of line of duty and thought that was good. Undercover has finally grabbed by attention. I quite like some of the investigative programmes Stacey Dooley does. However I can't wait for the next series of people just do nothing.
Half decent tv on 07:13 - Jul 17 with 2549 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

The Boys, Series 4. Still as nutty and brilliant as ever.
Half decent tv on 08:47 - Jul 17 with 2442 viewsNed_Kennedys

Half decent tv on 07:13 - Jul 17 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Just watched the 1st series and enjoyed it. Starlight/Annie the highlight.
Half decent tv on 09:23 - Jul 17 with 2410 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Apologies if previously mentioned, just started 'Bodkin' on Netflix. Only onne episode in, but looks good.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Half decent tv on 09:43 - Jul 17 with 2389 viewsnick_hammersmith

Struggled through 'The Bear'
Its probably been the most annoying TV series I've watched in years. Like most products for streaming it looks good and has obviously had money thrown at it, but...
The characters are so unlikeable, the situations are not realistic and I'm not actually sure that most of the characters are acting.

People on the internet talking like its the best TV show ever.
--It's not Hill Street Blues by any stretch
Half decent tv on 10:00 - Jul 17 with 2371 viewsTheChef

Half decent tv on 09:43 - Jul 17 by nick_hammersmith

Struggled through 'The Bear'
Its probably been the most annoying TV series I've watched in years. Like most products for streaming it looks good and has obviously had money thrown at it, but...
The characters are so unlikeable, the situations are not realistic and I'm not actually sure that most of the characters are acting.

People on the internet talking like its the best TV show ever.
--It's not Hill Street Blues by any stretch

Ha, I love The Bear.

Although I must admit watching season three, not really much has happened. I mean the main thrust till now has been setting up the restaurant, but now they've got there, they don't really know what to do.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Half decent tv on 11:59 - Jul 17 with 2299 viewsnick_hammersmith

Half decent tv on 10:00 - Jul 17 by TheChef

Ha, I love The Bear.

Although I must admit watching season three, not really much has happened. I mean the main thrust till now has been setting up the restaurant, but now they've got there, they don't really know what to do.

The Fak bros going to see Claire at work to basically say "my friend fancies you"
It's more like Hollyoaks than anything good.

Then they get carried away about a plasterboard wall, or a sprinkler test, or putting too much salt in something.

They get some bits right, like that 'forks' episode, and then other bits are so far off it destroys the illusion of watching the show
Half decent tv on 13:51 - Jul 17 with 2215 viewsTheChef

Half decent tv on 11:59 - Jul 17 by nick_hammersmith

The Fak bros going to see Claire at work to basically say "my friend fancies you"
It's more like Hollyoaks than anything good.

Then they get carried away about a plasterboard wall, or a sprinkler test, or putting too much salt in something.

They get some bits right, like that 'forks' episode, and then other bits are so far off it destroys the illusion of watching the show

Haha yeah that Claire scene was a bit random.

Also too much Fak bros in season 3.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Half decent tv on 11:36 - Jul 22 with 1950 viewsBklynRanger

I watched that new documentary on Netflix last night - Skywalkers.

I'd guess a certain amount of the storyline was probably managed or staged for the cameras, but the actual footage of them going up the buildings was undoubtedly nerve jangling.

Abbb-solute nutters.
Login to get fewer ads

Half decent tv on 12:15 - Jul 22 with 1867 viewshubble

Half decent tv on 07:13 - Jul 17 by Wilkinswatercarrier

I really enjoyed the first three seasons - clever, biting satire combined with darkly comic gore - but I've found season 4 to be sadly underwhelming; recycling the same old schtick, but with sterotypical political parody replacing the satire and some really ropey plotlines. I have to admit I gave up after episode three.

The Boys spin-off series Gen V is fkin outrageous though! I think it's already been mentioned in this thread.

A friend recently recommended The Outlaws on BBC iplayer and I also found that to be full of stereotypical comedy tropes. I think Stephen Merchant had too much control over it and it shows: Director, writer and actor.

There are several excellent series where I feel like I've been waiting ages for a second season, only to find they're not making it: The Peripheral and The Night Sky on Amazon being a case in point. Brilliant near-future sci-fi. Both really deserved another season. Very frustrating!

I tried Outer Range due to a recco on here, I kind of enjoyed it, but I haven't got the energy for season 2. In desperation for good drama I've returned to the well and am rewatching Mad Men for the umpteenth time.

So much drama is derivative these days; a really top notch original idea seems rare.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Half decent tv on 12:15 - Jul 22 with 1867 viewsSydneyRs

Half decent tv on 13:51 - Jul 17 by TheChef

Haha yeah that Claire scene was a bit random.

Also too much Fak bros in season 3.

Agree. It seemed like when they weren't sure what to do next, just stick a bit of Fak slapstick in.

Season 3 very different but still loved it.
Half decent tv on 12:53 - Jul 22 with 1802 viewsjohnhoop

Half decent tv on 12:15 - Jul 22 by hubble

I really enjoyed the first three seasons - clever, biting satire combined with darkly comic gore - but I've found season 4 to be sadly underwhelming; recycling the same old schtick, but with sterotypical political parody replacing the satire and some really ropey plotlines. I have to admit I gave up after episode three.

The Boys spin-off series Gen V is fkin outrageous though! I think it's already been mentioned in this thread.

A friend recently recommended The Outlaws on BBC iplayer and I also found that to be full of stereotypical comedy tropes. I think Stephen Merchant had too much control over it and it shows: Director, writer and actor.

There are several excellent series where I feel like I've been waiting ages for a second season, only to find they're not making it: The Peripheral and The Night Sky on Amazon being a case in point. Brilliant near-future sci-fi. Both really deserved another season. Very frustrating!

I tried Outer Range due to a recco on here, I kind of enjoyed it, but I haven't got the energy for season 2. In desperation for good drama I've returned to the well and am rewatching Mad Men for the umpteenth time.

So much drama is derivative these days; a really top notch original idea seems rare.

Really enjoyed The Peripheral. First thing I’ve really seen Chloe Grace Moretz in since Kick-Ass and thought she was excellent, as were the mind bending ideas and visuals of the production.
Prompted me to read William Gibson’s book, which is very different but I think both book and TV series stand up pretty well on their own.
[Post edited 22 Jul 12:54]
Half decent tv on 14:44 - Jul 22 with 1702 viewshubble

Half decent tv on 12:53 - Jul 22 by johnhoop

Really enjoyed The Peripheral. First thing I’ve really seen Chloe Grace Moretz in since Kick-Ass and thought she was excellent, as were the mind bending ideas and visuals of the production.
Prompted me to read William Gibson’s book, which is very different but I think both book and TV series stand up pretty well on their own.
[Post edited 22 Jul 12:54]

It's a bloody travesty, John!

So much dross made, yet The Peripheral, one of the best sci-fi dramas I've ever seen, is canned after one season. We could probably start a separate thread on favourite series that didn't get a second (or third) season, like Being Human, with Karl Urban (he of The Boys fame), which again I thought was absolutely brilliant.... no second season. Aagghh!

Half decent tv on 16:38 - Jul 22 with 1605 viewsPunteR

Enjoying Fallout atm.
I started watching the first episode a few months back but didn't get into it at all , but I've picked it up again , persisted with it and I'm now starting to get into it.
Walter Goggins is a great actor and lifts the whole series.
I remember playing the first person shoot em up game years ago on the PlayStation.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Half decent tv on 18:04 - Jul 22 with 1541 viewshubble

Half decent tv on 16:38 - Jul 22 by PunteR

Enjoying Fallout atm.
I started watching the first episode a few months back but didn't get into it at all , but I've picked it up again , persisted with it and I'm now starting to get into it.
Walter Goggins is a great actor and lifts the whole series.
I remember playing the first person shoot em up game years ago on the PlayStation.

Fallout is very good.

Half decent tv on 19:23 - Jul 22 with 1490 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Half decent tv on 14:44 - Jul 22 by hubble

So much dross made, yet The Peripheral, one of the best sci-fi dramas I've ever seen, is canned after one season. We could probably start a separate thread on favourite series that didn't get a second (or third) season, like Being Human, with Karl Urban (he of The Boys fame), which again I thought was absolutely brilliant.... no second season. Aagghh!

There was a really good one years ago shown on Channel 4 (I've forgotten it's name) it was like 'Invasion of the body snatchers' set in a swamp and people were being taken over; I really enjoyed it, the main protagonist was the sheriff but it got cancelled I think.

Either that or I missed the next season.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Half decent tv on 04:55 - Jul 23 with 1383 viewsjohnhoop

Half decent tv on 14:44 - Jul 22 by hubble

Along those lines two of my favourite Sci-fi drama series which got cancelled way too early were “Dark Angel” James Cameron’s innovative post-apocalyptic dystopia from about 2002 and “Firefly” Joss Whedon’s kind of space Western, which was criminally cut after only one series at the same time.
Half decent tv on 07:30 - Jul 23 with 1319 viewsJPC

Just finished watching the Turkish Detective - pretty good. The Jetty - first 3 episodes OK, last one was too improbable - don’t know what the good press reviews are about. Nearly finished Supacell- really enjoying it, good twist on Superhero genre.
Half decent tv on 07:30 - Jul 23 with 1319 viewsChrisNW6

Supacell has started off pretty well. Normal people suddenly getting super powers has been done many times now but having it set in South London has given it a diffent edge. Produced by Rapman and it looks amazing with real Top Boy vibes and great casting.

Worth a watch.
Half decent tv on 07:36 - Jul 23 with 1316 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Cobra Kai series 6. I thought this show was going to be rubbish, but it is fantastic.
Great cameos from all the original actors of all 3 films, and John Kreese is still as bad as in the first film.

Can't believe it is 40 years since the original film was released.
Half decent tv on 14:26 - Jul 23 with 1155 viewsR_from_afar

"High Country," a murder mystery series set in the mountains of Victoria, Australia, has been good so far. It's on the BBC.

The dialogue is crisp and the main character, a detective sergeant, is very laconic.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Half decent tv on 16:36 - Jul 26 with 880 viewsMrSheen

I just heard that iPlayer has the legendary drama series The Cops, the first time it’s been shown on British TV for about 20 years. I have to see if it’s as good as I remember.
Half decent tv on 18:36 - Jul 26 with 781 viewsRanger_Things

The Time Bandits remake on Apple. I’ve only watched the first episode but it’s quite fun.
Half decent tv on 20:31 - Jul 26 with 747 viewsMrSheen

Half decent tv on 16:36 - Jul 26 by MrSheen

I just heard that iPlayer has the legendary drama series The Cops, the first time it’s been shown on British TV for about 20 years. I have to see if it’s as good as I remember.

It is. Hasn’t aged at all.
Half decent tv on 18:36 - Jul 30 with 570 viewsRanger_Things

I’ve only just got around to watching Supercell but as others have said it ‘s decent.
Half decent tv on 21:21 - Aug 9 with 351 viewsMrSheen

Half decent tv on 16:36 - Jul 26 by MrSheen

Right, I’ve binned off the Olympics to watch all 24 episodes and I can’t think of a better BBC drama ever. A bit of a time capsule in some ways, but the last weeks’ disorder shows it as prescient in other ways. The sad thing is that the superb cast and writers seem to have vanished without trace since, if you don’t count Emmerdale, Coronation Street and Doctors, which I don’t. Making their point about the neglect of the North for them. Give it a look, it’s outstanding.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024