Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Announcement at Brighton Friendly 09:25 - Aug 2 with 12490 viewsnumptydumpty

Know we have the transfer thread but just highlighting this on its own.

Am thinking Varane will be announced on Saturday and possibly the Juventus defender, although that may depend on Paal being sold.

QPR have done this a few times in the past.

Anyone agree ??
[Post edited 2 Aug 9:26]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 09:25 - Aug 2 with 7216 viewsNorthernr

Varane maybe, but I think the Italian probably depends on Paal leaving, and Watford have just got themselves another left back.
Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 09:27 - Aug 2 with 7173 viewsEastR

Yes, I agree, there is a transfers thread

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 09:29 - Aug 2 with 7151 viewsNorthernr

Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 09:27 - Aug 2 by EastR

TBF at least it's a football thread, and a QPR thread at that! On the QPR Message board!
I'm thinking of printing it out for a frame.
Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 09:35 - Aug 2 with 7080 viewsnumptydumpty

Was just highlighting it as think there will definitely be announcements on Saturday

And if people attending to expect at least one.

People may not see this if stuck on a fifty page thread etc.

Just did it for that reason
[Post edited 2 Aug 9:36]

Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 09:41 - Aug 2 with 6989 viewsMyke

Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 09:25 - Aug 2 by Northernr

Varane maybe, but I think the Italian probably depends on Paal leaving, and Watford have just got themselves another left back.

The trouble is, if the Italian transfer breaks down, how is Paal going to feel? The club have made it clear they are happy to move him on, so if he ends up staying for the season, will it affect his attitude and performance. He certainly won't sign an extension now if he was even considering it before. A bit of a mess. You would have thought they would have made sure his move to Watford was cast iron ( it's being talked about all summer) before lining up a replacement
Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 09:43 - Aug 2 with 6974 viewsCateLeBonR

Half price pukka pies?
Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 09:44 - Aug 2 with 6970 viewsHAYESBOY

Smells like a trout farm in here

Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 09:50 - Aug 2 with 6903 viewsStainrod

Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 09:29 - Aug 2 by Northernr

TBF at least it's a football thread, and a QPR thread at that! On the QPR Message board!
I'm thinking of printing it out for a frame.

Absolutely.

For weeks now the general election thread has been far more active than the transfer window one.

Even though last time I checked the general election was settled.

There seem to be a minority of posters keen to contest a culture war.

Arguably its a good thing if people get out of their silos and debate with people of very different opinion.

But some seem far more animated on here about their political opinion than they are about their football club.

Perfectly legitimate - indeed sensible - to regard politics as more important than football, but as Clive says this is actually a football forum. As a liberal I should report that not a word written on this board by the Faragists has changed my mind on anything; and it would be arrogant in the extreme to imagine anything written by a liberal on here has changed the minds of the Faragists.

To get it back on subject, I'm fairly indifferent about the Italian and don't think its imminent. But I am curiously excited by the Varane potential signing. Even though I have never seen him play, nor had I heard of him until we were linked to him. Which probably makes me the worst kind of football fan just getting excited about players for the sake of it, who Clive has quite rightly satirised on here many times. But such a relief we seem to have moved on from the Jeff Hendrix years and are trying to develop young, skilful, technical players. Until he turns out to be the next Andre Dozzell...
Login to get fewer ads

Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 09:52 - Aug 2 with 6870 viewsEastR

Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 09:35 - Aug 2 by numptydumpty

Was just highlighting it as think there will definitely be announcements on Saturday

And if people attending to expect at least one.

People may not see this if stuck on a fifty page thread etc.

Just did it for that reason
[Post edited 2 Aug 9:36]

Apologies, I was only messin with you

You may be right, but given half the stadium is closed and the rest sparsely populated they'll need to work hard to big any announcement up
They might be better just popping into the Crown with any new recruits before the game

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 09:55 - Aug 2 with 6818 viewsNorthernr

Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 09:52 - Aug 2 by EastR

You may be right, but given half the stadium is closed and the rest sparsely populated they'll need to work hard to big any announcement up
They might be better just popping into the Crown with any new recruits before the game

This should definitely become a thing.
Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 10:00 - Aug 2 with 6752 viewsfrancisbowles

Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 09:41 - Aug 2 by Myke

The trouble is, if the Italian transfer breaks down, how is Paal going to feel? The club have made it clear they are happy to move him on, so if he ends up staying for the season, will it affect his attitude and performance. He certainly won't sign an extension now if he was even considering it before. A bit of a mess. You would have thought they would have made sure his move to Watford was cast iron ( it's being talked about all summer) before lining up a replacement

Do we actually know if Pal has had an offer from us or if he wants a better deal at Watford or somewhere else?

Is it the club's decision or Pal wanting more money than we can offer?
Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 10:15 - Aug 2 with 6577 viewsrobith

I dunno Paal has always struck me as a real professional. He was only of the only recruits who came in with Beale who didn't behave like a child and kept at his task. He'll know it's all just part of the game and if he stayed I'd be confident in him just doing his job
Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 10:21 - Aug 2 with 6506 viewsPlanetHonneywood

In some respects, it would be funny if we signed a player called Harris whereupon, we could merge the transfer and US election threads and get it all sorted in one go!

#AnnounceHarris2024

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 10:25 - Aug 2 with 6467 viewstkqpr

The transfer thread has been hijacked by mushroom jokes.....its not what it was unfortunately.

Some folk just cant wait to tell us all how clever and funny they are.
Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 10:30 - Aug 2 with 6409 viewsacricketer

Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 10:25 - Aug 2 by tkqpr

The transfer thread has been hijacked by mushroom jokes.....its not what it was unfortunately.

Wow! You're a fungi!
Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 10:31 - Aug 2 with 6378 viewsLblock

Better to have that thread than be kept in the dark....

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 10:48 - Aug 2 with 6206 viewsQPROslo

Have the Club made it clear they are happy to move Paal on? I've not seen that and doubt they would do that in public either. Only seen rumour and speculation. I'm hoping this Italian player who doesn't seem to have played a lot of 1st team football for some years is an alternative to Paal, and more of a replacement for Larkeshe. Not sure Fox will be sufficient back up alone for either Frabotta or Paal.
Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 11:03 - Aug 2 with 6063 viewsQPunkR

tbf regarding Paal and the Juve fella, we've just let Larkeche go out on loan for the season and so only have one LB at the club currently...

QPR - "shit but local"

Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 11:21 - Aug 2 with 5926 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Just writing this to knock the Biden v Trump thread off the top.
Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 11:23 - Aug 2 with 5883 viewsDannyPaddox

I guess you won’t be buying this season’s amanita muscaria inspired goalkeeper’s jersey.
[Post edited 2 Aug 11:42]
Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 11:58 - Aug 2 with 5623 viewsBklynRanger

Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 09:44 - Aug 2 by HAYESBOY

It could be the five pints of overpriced beer that I consumed last night, but I am already highly sceptical of the contribution this 'Varane' is making to the team.

He needs to pull his socks up pronto if he wants to count on my continued support and such and so on.
Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 12:05 - Aug 2 with 5530 viewsDavieQPR

Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 11:03 - Aug 2 by QPunkR

tbf regarding Paal and the Juve fella, we've just let Larkeche go out on loan for the season and so only have one LB at the club currently...

Two. Fox played at LB until Stoke played him CB. My Watford supporting mate is not to happy with the signing as he had a bad time at Sheff Utd.
Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 13:15 - Aug 2 with 5088 viewsnumptydumpty

Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 09:52 - Aug 2 by EastR

That's OK my friend

Went over my sparsely populated brain cells.

Was at the Spurs Friendly which was practically a sell out but did not know a lot of the stadium closed tomorrow.

Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 13:28 - Aug 2 with 4978 viewsJamesB1979

This Varane saga about signing brings back memories of “Ched Evans signed and in the bath”
Announcement at Brighton Friendly on 13:54 - Aug 2 with 4773 viewskernowhoop

These transfers are dragging on a bit, aren't they?
I remember when players were so keen to sign that they sat in the car in South Africa Road, waiting to be called in. Well, one anyway.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024