Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! 10:41 - Jun 29 with 48044 viewsnumptydumpty

Has anyone seen the "Car Crash" performance of Joe Biden in his live TV debate v Trump.

Many times, he lost his train of thought. Often, he was.out of breath and many times he wasn't focusing.

This man is the so called leader of the developed world.

And he is going to get trounced, big time by Donald Trump, who could be beaten quite easily by a mediocre politician.

I really can't see how Americans can feel about their leaders in anyway that is positive whatsoever.

But this debate was shocking.
[Post edited 29 Jun 10:42]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 08:35 - Jul 23 with 2671 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 08:02 - Jul 23 by Juzzie

A friend of mine out there has two little kids. When there was one of many school shootings a couple of years ago the authorities came up with a suggestion.

What do you think it was……

Ban guns?
Better security?

No….. make the kids backpacks bulletproof

Anything but actually solve the real problem.

What a country indeed.
[Post edited 23 Jul 8:03]

‘Anything but actually solve the real problem’

If only there was another system that the US has never tried eh.
BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 11:05 - Jul 23 with 2449 viewsJuzzie

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 08:35 - Jul 23 by BazzaInTheLoft

‘Anything but actually solve the real problem’

If only there was another system that the US has never tried eh.

The original wording actually did get misinterpreted......

[Post edited 23 Jul 14:18]
BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 14:09 - Jul 23 with 2298 viewsStJude82

Half-wit Aris to the rescue! "Ukraine is a country in Europe"
BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 14:59 - Jul 23 with 2186 viewsSheffieldHoop

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 03:07 - Jul 23 by SydneyRs

If I did say that (can't recall), it would have been in jest as I never thought he actually would end up behind bars. Anyway, as I said its not worth re-engaging with the same old arguments from the same old people.

I'm in a running group on facebook and yesterday there was discussion amoung female US based members about how best to carry your gun (seriously) when out running alone. Talking about what type of holster to use etc. What a bloody country!
[Post edited 23 Jul 3:09]

Oh right. Didn't seem like it to me, just seemed like you were parroting news stories that you hoped would come true, but an attempt at jesting it was. Fair enough.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 15:02 - Jul 23 with 2220 viewsHAYESBOY

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 14:09 - Jul 23 by StJude82

Well, she's one up on Trump already.

Smells like a trout farm in here

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 17:39 - Jul 23 with 2098 viewsBklynRanger

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 15:02 - Jul 23 by HAYESBOY

Well, 0.5.

Let's hope 0.5 is enough.
BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 17:39 - Jul 23 with 2096 viewsEsox_Lucius

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 15:02 - Jul 23 by HAYESBOY

It's going to be a tricky choice between a well respected prosecutor and a convicted felon isn't it?

The grass is always greener.

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 18:00 - Jul 23 with 2047 viewsBklynRanger

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 17:39 - Jul 23 by Esox_Lucius

It's going to be a tricky choice between a well respected prosecutor and a convicted felon isn't it?

Well respected might be a bit of a narrow view, honestly.

If she runs a great, gaff free campaign, where anything unusual she says is immediately reframed as a positive, and she lands solid blows on Trump in any potential debate, I think she's got a good chance.

But her previous dem nomination campaign didn't go like that, and the pent up dam of money flooding in has to be more in response to the renewed possibility of beating Trump, not how great Kamala is.

I really want it to work but I'm not hopeful for now.
Login to get fewer ads

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 18:24 - Jul 23 with 2012 viewslassel

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 14:09 - Jul 23 by StJude82

In true MAGA style it’s a gloriously disingenuous claim..

The full quote is below and she was asked ‘how would you explain in layman’s terms the situation for someone with no idea about Ukraine or Russia’….

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 18:24 - Jul 23 with 1990 viewsSonofpugwash

·

You say Comma-la and I say Kamala
You say Keir Starmer and I say Keith Starma
Comma-la,Kamala,Obama,Keir Starmer
Let's call the whole thing off.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 19:49 - Jul 23 with 1939 viewsLoft1979

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 17:39 - Jul 23 by Esox_Lucius

nice. a campaign strategy is born...
BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 20:39 - Jul 23 with 1873 viewsEsox_Lucius

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 18:00 - Jul 23 by BklynRanger

Well respected might be a bit of a narrow view, honestly.

If she runs a great, gaff free campaign, where anything unusual she says is immediately reframed as a positive, and she lands solid blows on Trump in any potential debate, I think she's got a good chance.

But her previous dem nomination campaign didn't go like that, and the pent up dam of money flooding in has to be more in response to the renewed possibility of beating Trump, not how great Kamala is.

I really want it to work but I'm not hopeful for now.

I am unable to confirm it's true or not but people are claiming that Trump has said he won't debate Harris. I don't think Trump and Vance have anything other than smearing their opponents and fanning the flames of their cultist fans.

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 20:45 - Jul 23 with 1846 viewshubble

Kamala starting on the front foot:

Kamala Harris called Donald Trump a liar, a fraudster and a cheat in her first rally since taking over the Democratic presidential campaign from Joe Biden.

Speaking in Milwaukee, the vice-president used her record as a state prosecutor to draw a comparison between herself and Trump.

“I was elected Attorney General of the State of California and I was a corporate prosecutor before that, and in those roles I took on perpetrators of all kinds,” she said.

“Predators who abused women, fraudster who ripped off consumers, and cheaters who broke the rules for their gain.

“So hear me when I say I know Donald Trump’s type.”

Trump has a fight on his hands.

From: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/us/politics/2024/07/23/donald-trump-joe-biden-kamala

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 21:31 - Jul 23 with 1775 viewsfraserc

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 20:39 - Jul 23 by Esox_Lucius

I am unable to confirm it's true or not but people are claiming that Trump has said he won't debate Harris. I don't think Trump and Vance have anything other than smearing their opponents and fanning the flames of their cultist fans.

Not quite true - he is apparently trying to get the September debate moved from ABC to Fox news, which would be a friendlier venue for him.
BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 22:41 - Jul 23 with 1662 viewshubble

Here's a conspiracy theory, if you like; it's occurred to me (and I'm obviously not the only one), that perhaps this was the plan all along: to get Kamala elected as President. Perhaps that's why the pretence around Joe Biden went on for so long; because they wanted to wait until the last possible moment to spring this on the American public... and let's face it, the evidence was there to see for years, that Biden was doddering, probably senile, and certainly not fit to fulfill the role of President of the United States. But pretty much the entire media went along with this quasi cover-up of the reality (or pretence, if you prefer), that Biden was ok.

So why did they drag this out for so long? In a sense, it's a political masterstroke, because it completely wrong-foots the opposition and gives the Trump team a completely different problem to deal with that they possibly didn't have a plan for.

At the same time, Trump was, until today, riding on a cresting wave of support since his attempted assassination. All of a sudden, the power of that narrative has switched to Kamala - temporarily perhaps, but for a moment, at least - and with such a short time to go before the election - it gives her incredible impetus and little time for negative scrutiny. If she and her team handle it right, this will go to the wire.

And I have to admit, I'm impressed by Kamala Harris. She's a smart, ballsy lady, from what I've seen recently. A formidable opponent. The US presidential election just got a whole lot more interesting.
[Post edited 23 Jul 22:42]

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 22:59 - Jul 23 with 1631 viewshubble

Mind you, I thought a lot of what she said in her speech was total BS. Especially about Biden. But she's a consummate performer, very slick.

Politics huh. Dontcha just love it?

Not really.

PS - yes, I know I'm contradicting myself!

[Post edited 23 Jul 23:03]

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 23:14 - Jul 23 with 1598 viewsQPR_Jim

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 22:41 - Jul 23 by hubble

Here's a conspiracy theory, if you like; it's occurred to me (and I'm obviously not the only one), that perhaps this was the plan all along: to get Kamala elected as President. Perhaps that's why the pretence around Joe Biden went on for so long; because they wanted to wait until the last possible moment to spring this on the American public... and let's face it, the evidence was there to see for years, that Biden was doddering, probably senile, and certainly not fit to fulfill the role of President of the United States. But pretty much the entire media went along with this quasi cover-up of the reality (or pretence, if you prefer), that Biden was ok.

So why did they drag this out for so long? In a sense, it's a political masterstroke, because it completely wrong-foots the opposition and gives the Trump team a completely different problem to deal with that they possibly didn't have a plan for.

At the same time, Trump was, until today, riding on a cresting wave of support since his attempted assassination. All of a sudden, the power of that narrative has switched to Kamala - temporarily perhaps, but for a moment, at least - and with such a short time to go before the election - it gives her incredible impetus and little time for negative scrutiny. If she and her team handle it right, this will go to the wire.

And I have to admit, I'm impressed by Kamala Harris. She's a smart, ballsy lady, from what I've seen recently. A formidable opponent. The US presidential election just got a whole lot more interesting.

"it gives her incredible impetus and little time for negative scrutiny" - I thought the election was over 3 months away. If the last ten days has taught us anything about US politics, it's how quickly the narrative can change.
BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 23:35 - Jul 23 with 1559 viewsSydneyRs

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 14:59 - Jul 23 by SheffieldHoop

Oh right. Didn't seem like it to me, just seemed like you were parroting news stories that you hoped would come true, but an attempt at jesting it was. Fair enough.

Genuinely don't recall posting it. Interpret it whatever way you wish to. I'll just get on with life hoping I never end up as bitter and angry as you.
BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 02:56 - Jul 24 with 1428 viewsHAYESBOY

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 22:41 - Jul 23 by hubble

IMO I think they had to react to the assassination attempt. If they hadn't then Trump was going to run with '' I took a bullet for you and democracy'' line all the way to the White House. They had to do something.
Whether it will work is another thing.

Smells like a trout farm in here

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 04:58 - Jul 24 with 1409 viewsQuillPenRiot

Being an American, I’ve resisted these threads…fell in love with QPR in 2006, in large part because of this forum, really liked the people who generally support QPR, I did some extensive fan forum research…

Have to say now that I’m against extremes, left or right, and the dynamic of social media imo is that political extremes have been weaponized, particularly on the far right, with the inevitable response of the far left. It’s really a story today of the rational vs the extremes. I wonder if that’s actually been part of all human history. If there’s a need to be explicit, I’m not extreme. Weird that democracy has to be defended in this day and age
BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 05:35 - Jul 24 with 1393 viewsPlanetHonneywood

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 04:58 - Jul 24 by QuillPenRiot

Being an American, I’ve resisted these threads…fell in love with QPR in 2006, in large part because of this forum, really liked the people who generally support QPR, I did some extensive fan forum research…

Have to say now that I’m against extremes, left or right, and the dynamic of social media imo is that political extremes have been weaponized, particularly on the far right, with the inevitable response of the far left. It’s really a story today of the rational vs the extremes. I wonder if that’s actually been part of all human history. If there’s a need to be explicit, I’m not extreme. Weird that democracy has to be defended in this day and age

All your country's problems can be traced back to an ill conceived night of treachery on 16 December 1773. Instead of keeping calm and putting the kettle on to make a nice cup of tea, you've been over-stimulated on quick-fix caffeine, and frequently, poor coffee at that.

Pithyness aside, my American family cast envious eyes at how the UK recently handled its power transition. Took five weeks to decide - not two years and billions - and once done, the reins were handed over in an hour or so, not three months, and without acrimony or a shot being fired.

I said it either here or on another thread, I'd be surprised if there isn't civil unrest after the outcome in November. The extreme disparity in reaction says a lot, and given Trumpet's spoilt brat response to losing last time, he needs to be 'managed' now! Oh, and when you hear certain sections of American society talk about 'Gaaard', they're every bit as extreme as the religious nutters they pillory in other countries.

Upshot - no pun intended - I think you might need to keep indoors, your head down on 6 November, and stay safe.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 09:11 - Jul 24 with 1238 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 04:58 - Jul 24 by QuillPenRiot

Warning! This is a very loaded post:

Is there or has there ever been an extreme Left presence in your political system? Genuine question.

Is Jimmy Carter the closest you guys have ever come? Even he oversaw military action in the Middle East.

‘The Squad’ have voted in favour of Israeli weaponisation and austerity measures.

I think our definitions need updating.
[Post edited 24 Jul 9:25]
BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 11:06 - Jul 24 with 1104 viewsChrisNW6

Really looking forward to seeing how the next 3 months play out and the odds on Kamala Harris have already shortened. Trump still odds on, but it will be interesting on how he treats her as Biden was such an easy target. I hope she continues on the front foot and keeps her messaging on point. He needs to tread carefully and hopefully we get some TV debates.
BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 11:41 - Jul 24 with 1035 viewsEsox_Lucius

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 21:31 - Jul 23 by fraserc

Not quite true - he is apparently trying to get the September debate moved from ABC to Fox news, which would be a friendlier venue for him.

It would have to be rigged in his favour for her to not out debate Trump; all he has is insincere rhetoric and invective in these debates. I would bet on well over half the folk in this group to be able to out debate Trump. Full of wind and piss, just like Boris Johnson was.

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 11:42 - Jul 24 with 1027 viewsDesertBoot

Hilary Clinton will be on the ballot paper. Obama will choose.

Wish I could be like David Watts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024