Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rumour Plymouth manager gone 20:26 - Apr 1 with 15530 viewsloftboy

Only source I have is Pasoti

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Rumour Plymouth manager gone on 19:29 - May 25 with 3293 viewskensalriser

Rumour Plymouth manager gone on 11:17 - May 25 by DavieQPR

Relying on his old mate Dewsnip to get him the job. His media mates have given up looking stupid so he's relied on an old Everton Academy mate.

Dumb move from the mate too, as he'll be let go in November along with Rooney.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Rumour Plymouth manager gone on 19:49 - May 25 with 3223 viewsrbee

Plymouth are bonkers as are Bayern Munich.
Rumour Plymouth manager gone on 21:15 - May 25 with 3088 viewsAntti_Heinola

I would be raging if we had made this appointment. Only saving grace would be that you know you've only got to ride it out for about 4-5 months and then they get to have another go at picking someone.

Bare bones.

Rumour Plymouth manager gone on 22:03 - May 25 with 2990 viewsthame_hoops

I’ve been as Sick as a dog the last few days and all I’ve been doing is watching Tony Scott/Michael Mann/David Fincher films…and sports. I actually thought Rooney came across really well as a pundit earlier. Not a fan of his, but he made me laugh. Wouldn’t want him anywhere near my club though.
Rumour Plymouth manager gone on 22:36 - May 25 with 2889 viewsCiderwithRsie

I can't work out which is more astonishing:

1. the appointment
2. that 67% of fans on PASOTI think it's a good call.

"Those that the gods wish to destroy, they first drive mad" but I don't know what the gods have got against Plymouth, I've always quite liked them. Has someone down there picked the wrong goddess in a beauty contest or something?
Rumour Plymouth manager gone on 00:02 - May 26 with 2821 viewsbosh67

Time to get Liz Truss's cabbage out again.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Rumour Plymouth manager gone on 00:38 - May 26 with 2781 viewsFredManRave

He'll be gone by Christmas, which will be perfect timing, as he'll be fat enough by then to dress up as Santa Claus and work the local Santa grottos to help fund his obvious doughnut habit.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Rumour Plymouth manager gone on 01:04 - May 26 with 2751 viewsnumptydumpty

Rumour Plymouth manager gone on 00:02 - May 26 by bosh67

Time to get Liz Truss's cabbage out again.

If only, I think you will find the lovely Ms Truss was actually compared to an iceberg lettuce.

And the lettuces have it !!!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Login to get fewer ads

Rumour Plymouth manager gone on 07:46 - May 26 with 2576 viewssilky

Although I live in New Zealand all my close mates back in the UK are Argyle fans. This is hilarious!!😂

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Rumour Plymouth manager gone on 12:48 - May 26 with 2312 viewsHastings_Hoops

Surely Ian evett should have been their first choice?
Rumour Plymouth manager gone on 21:07 - May 27 with 1912 viewsSuperhoops2808

Rumour Plymouth manager gone on 20:09 - May 23 by aston_hoop

Now I thought Plymouth were supposed to be a well run club? Thats one of the 3 relegated teams sorted if this happens

Several of us thought they were a well run club, but got this from discussing with a Plymouth fan on another forum:

They say well run, but that rhetoric is starting to rattle more and more people, mostly around capacity. Every home league game the past two seasons has sold out, this season, every single game including league and FA Cups have also sold out, currently have close to 4.5K and still growing on the ST waiting list and there's no plans currently to increase capacity, yet they've thrown significant money at the Brickfields project for the woman's team. They've also just bought and evicted a supporters group from the Green Tavern (which they funded and built themselves) so they can turn it into more corporate, and as a result of that they've just evicted 300 ST holders from the lower Mayflower to make room for extended corporate offering, so again that's 300 less seats available in the rest stadium now to start making a dent in the ST waiting list.
The loss of Schumacher last season was down to Hallett not supporting him and taking him for granted, and then the reckless decision to hire somebody with absolutely no league experience purely because he was the cheapest option on the table. We seriously hoped the Foster debacle was a wake up call for Hallett, but obviously not after the Rooney appointment
Rumour Plymouth manager gone on 22:03 - May 27 with 1810 viewsJuzzie

Derby fans still banging the drum that he did well the season they went down with the points deductions.

They seem to forget that without the deductions they’d have finished with 55 points and around 17th.
That’s hardly a good season when they had the likes of Allsop, Lawrence, Jaglielka, kazim-richards, Curtis Davis, etc in the team and i’m sure they would have expected to finish a lot higher at the beginning of the season.
Even if you take into account that they didn’t do as well as hoped knowing they’d go down anyway (human nature i guess) if we add 10 points for that that takes them to 65 points and around 13th, one place below where we finished. Probably still not close to their target.

The relegation seemed to cover up the fact he was pretty schit then too and I suspect Rosenior did most of the work anyways.
[Post edited 28 May 10:01]
Rumour Plymouth manager gone on 13:23 - May 28 with 1561 viewsTheChef

Can only assume he gets a case of whisky each week as part of his contract.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Rumour Plymouth manager gone on 20:22 - May 28 with 1363 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Well, that's one of the bottom 3 spots accounted for. Shame, because I like Plymouth.
Rumour Plymouth manager gone on 20:38 - May 28 with 1326 viewshantssi

Rumour Plymouth manager gone on 13:23 - May 28 by TheChef

Can only assume he gets a case of whisky each week as part of his contract.

Tot of rum surely?!
Rumour Plymouth manager gone on 20:55 - May 28 with 1283 viewsactonman

I wouldn’t be too confident Rooney will crash and burn again . Let’s be honest , an appointment he should have been given as a first manager should be a club (no disrespect) of Plymouth’s level .
Can’t comment on his overseas management roles but both derby and Birmingham were basket cases with an abundance of prima Donna footballers thinking they are better than they are .

Hope I’m wrong as I’ve no time for mr potato head based purely on him playing for united and for scoring against us at loftus road but I would be surprised if he turns out as bad as we all think / hope
[Post edited 28 May 20:57]
Rumour Plymouth manager gone on 22:07 - May 28 with 1115 viewskensalriser

Rumour Plymouth manager gone on 20:55 - May 28 by actonman

I wouldn’t be too confident Rooney will crash and burn again . Let’s be honest , an appointment he should have been given as a first manager should be a club (no disrespect) of Plymouth’s level .
Can’t comment on his overseas management roles but both derby and Birmingham were basket cases with an abundance of prima Donna footballers thinking they are better than they are .

Hope I’m wrong as I’ve no time for mr potato head based purely on him playing for united and for scoring against us at loftus road but I would be surprised if he turns out as bad as we all think / hope
[Post edited 28 May 20:57]

He just doesn't come across as very bright. I was thinking he's turning into this generation's Bryan Robson but looking at Robson's record, he actually did OK at Middlesbrough, it was only after that he faded into repeated failure. Rooney's way behind!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Rumour Plymouth manager gone on 03:12 - May 29 with 1017 viewsDannyPaddox

Rumour Plymouth manager gone on 04:53 - May 29 with 936 viewsLeedsR

It looks like he’s going for a hat trick of Championship relegations he’ll have had a direct hand in. Yes, it is a fair point that both Derby and Brum were/are in a mess as a club, but to under achieve with the level of players he will have at his disposal is surely very worrying for the Plymouth faithful.
Rumour Plymouth manager gone on 06:22 - May 29 with 891 viewskernowhoop

I (and quite a few other Rs fans, I think) live in Plymouth.
It may count for very little, but there is a great deal of excitement about Rooney coming here. My wife said 'He is going to be like Plymouth royalty'.
I smiled when, in a TV interview, he said that he expected to be out and about among Plymouth fans and that they would see him in local restaurants.
Like most others, I would not want him managing QPR, but, we shall see.
Rumour Plymouth manager gone on 20:08 - May 29 with 631 viewssilky

Rumour Plymouth manager gone on 06:22 - May 29 by kernowhoop

I (and quite a few other Rs fans, I think) live in Plymouth.
It may count for very little, but there is a great deal of excitement about Rooney coming here. My wife said 'He is going to be like Plymouth royalty'.
I smiled when, in a TV interview, he said that he expected to be out and about among Plymouth fans and that they would see him in local restaurants.
Like most others, I would not want him managing QPR, but, we shall see.

Wished I'd known of more QPR fans around Plymouth area when I used to live there as a kid. Was the only QPR fan in my entire school in Callington.

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024