Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bluebirds Match Thread 16:21 - Dec 31 with 55605 viewsconnell10

Well we didn't get beat last time I did one . šŸ˜‡ I'll go a very nervy 2-1 win.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:16 - Jan 1 with 2548 viewsjohnhoop

Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:10 - Jan 1 by StreathamRanger

It's been a dark shadow for the last 12 months. 2023 was a tough year for me and QPR really did nothing to lift my spirits. 2024 looks like it will be another bleak year. The solution is to care less. I've said it a couple of times on this thread but I really do feel sorry for those with season tickets and travelling to away games.

What can Marti do? Right coach at the absolute worst time. We'll most likely lose him in the summer and end up with pardew or some mug like that.

For those with season tickets the appalling prospect is that by about February weā€™re likely to be so far adrift that weā€™re virtually already down when thereā€™s still about 8 home games left to come and ā€œenjoy.ā€
Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:17 - Jan 1 with 2536 viewsPaddyhoops

Dreadful defending for both goals. A piss poor side beating a an even worse side.
Odd decision to move Smyth infield and stick Adomah in his place. He had their defenders wetting themselves . Smyth our best player today. Not much competition mind.
Weā€™re doomed.
Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:17 - Jan 1 with 2529 viewsStreathamRanger

Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:14 - Jan 1 by Gloucs_R

If we don't / can't bring in five new players and make a bit of a fight of it then I agree, we need to look at who will be left next season and start to give them more game time regardless of the results.

Kolli
Lakreche
Pedder
Armstrong
EDB

I think we have to throw everything at these January fixtures. If we mess it up which is more than likely then let's get some minutes into the U23s in preparation for.next season in league one. There's bound to be one or two who might prove themselves to be up to it.
Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:19 - Jan 1 with 2480 viewslassel

Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:16 - Jan 1 by traininvain

This is the real question, do we take our medicine this season and accept relegation or roll the dice and sign a few loan players to try and survive but kick the can down the road as itā€™ll eat into any budget we have for a summer rebuild.

Ordinarily Iā€™d say do whatever is necessary to avoid relegation but Iā€™m not sure itā€™s worth the risk this season as Iā€™m not convinced weā€™ll stay up even with a few new signings. It feels like the rot has set in and weā€™re trying to delay the inevitable.

Next years budget already has a big chunk taken out of it with the Cook and Colback contractsā€¦
Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:24 - Jan 1 with 2295 viewsDamo1962

Our place at the top of the losers table...may never be equalled, or over taken when this season is over. What a legacy. How are Crawley doing?
Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:26 - Jan 1 with 2263 viewsHastings_Hoops

Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:03 - Jan 1 by bongo_king

As for selling Chair and Willock this window - that is what it would look like, week in week out.

Today is the day Dozzell lost any remaining hope I had for him. It's the day he needed to step up after a good performance "back home" at Ipswich and he was abysmal. Field trying to be the playmaker says a lot about Dozzell.

Praying to god we can get some players in this window, somehow. After a CM and FW, begins to look like a keeper might have to be on the list too. It feels like Begovic a big reason why we concede so many set pieces, and I'm not just talking about todays f... up for the 2nd

No it wouldnā€™t - because if we shift chair (a couple of Ā£mill and reduce wage bill) and Willock (free/reduce wage bill) we can bring in players to fill their places with players for a better squad balance.
Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:26 - Jan 1 with 2242 viewsstainrods_elbow

First half we were far too passive and scared, which we improved on significantly in the second half, as Sints said on comms, which proves that the players have got 'something' to give and/or we were wrongly set up in terms of formation/tactics or both. In the second half, for me, there wasn't a massive amount in the game, though they did look more threatening going forwards, but, after we'd dragged ourselves back into it with a brilliant Kolli assist, their set piece winner was unutterably lame from Begovic and our supposed defence. It's fine margins, though, even with this lot. That Armstrong header drops in at the end, and we nick a 2-2 - still not great, and possibly papering over the cracks (all right, chasms), but we've just about deserved it for our endeavour imo, if not our ability.

Crumbs of comfort? Most of the other results went our way-ish, the gap is still 'only' four points on Huddersfield, Chair will hopefully return for this slew of home games, and two or three good quality loans could help us a lot. However, Wednesday beat Hull tonight, and we sink to one off bottom.

As Sinton said, we've now got 20 cup finals, and might need eight wins and a few draws. Difficult, many will feel unlikely, but not undoable.

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:27 - Jan 1 with 2252 viewsbosh67

Problem is you go into a must win game with Chair, Willock and Cook all missing. You have one striker and no one with any experience to play alongside him or to replace him. You have no creative midfield and very limited options on the bench.

Not sure what anyone is expecting Cifuentes or anyone to do with such a lack of players in essential positions.

We look doomed, not because of what Cifuentes has but because of what he doesn't have available to him. It's death by a thousand cuts dictated by how this club has been mismanaged at the top level, not on the sidelines.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:30 - Jan 1 with 2187 viewsrbee

Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:19 - Jan 1 by lassel

Next years budget already has a big chunk taken out of it with the Cook and Colback contractsā€¦

We overspent the past two seasons supporting Warburton and Beale so this season was always going to be very tough.

More money available next season on the three year Profit and Sustainability cycle but a huge list of Pros and Cons for us in League One.

More cash available for Marti but a bunch of our better players could well be moving on in the summer with free transfers. Hopefully Cook and Colback will leave but we will be paying transfer fees when we recruit to replace all the players leaving for free. Less income for the club in League One of course, it's not going to easy by any stretch.
Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:31 - Jan 1 with 2152 viewsLordPork

Listen up Board

there's some old/very old farts who support this club

I'm seriously concerned that:

1) I'm gonna die waiting for something/anything decent to happen to this club in what
seems like a decade.
2) I know I'm old, I can remember our getting to the 4th round of a cup competition
3) I'm concerned there's lots of younger people than me supporting this club that are
gonna die young doing so.
4) I'm seriously bored with the negativity all around the club, be it supporters on here
taking pops at each other, or simply the angst coming out towards all aspects of the
club be it the Board, Ramsey, players or otherwise. This isn't what football should be
about, we're just so depressingly continuously bad.

Happy new year one and all !!!
Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:32 - Jan 1 with 2152 viewsNorthLondonR

Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:07 - Jan 1 by LowerloftLad

We are down.

We have been down for a while now.

The rebuild for next season and league one needs to start ASAP though.

Absolutely we are down. A but like 2001, just aimlessly sleepwalking to relegation without the goals of Crouch.

I get the Dozzell comments but how Field gets a free pass after that pile of dross, sauntering around like he's in training and hiding behind the opposition when we have possession time and time again. And don't get me started on erfkin Cannon.... what waste of fckin space that useless pr!ck is... Boavista this, us international that, whilst you saunter around offering zilch, never getting into space.....

Pr!cks the lot of the useless cnts...
Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:32 - Jan 1 with 2142 viewsMidlands_Ranger

We were exactly as we have been all season and last and maybe the one before that, absolutely useless!!!!!

A painful team to watch, looking short and out of ideas at all times. The squad selection today highlights what a painfully light squad we have.

Unless something very special happens with incoming players then this team are down....100% down, dead and buried. Far far from being just a striker short, we are a squad short to be honest.

We all know it though don't we, we know, we knew it from the start of the season with that dismal transfer window.
Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:32 - Jan 1 with 2113 viewsstainrods_elbow

Is probably glumly right. I'm not digging him out for it, but I also thought Marti's body language was worrying on camera - hands in pockets, snappy, and noticeably wearied-looking. I guess we've Rangered him!

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:34 - Jan 1 with 2103 viewsJuzzie

Iā€™ll have to go to at least one home game this season to avoid breaking my consecutive run since 1982 but the thought of having to do that is depressing.
Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:37 - Jan 1 with 2057 viewslassel

Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:30 - Jan 1 by rbee

We overspent the past two seasons supporting Warburton and Beale so this season was always going to be very tough.

More money available next season on the three year Profit and Sustainability cycle but a huge list of Pros and Cons for us in League One.

More cash available for Marti but a bunch of our better players could well be moving on in the summer with free transfers. Hopefully Cook and Colback will leave but we will be paying transfer fees when we recruit to replace all the players leaving for free. Less income for the club in League One of course, it's not going to easy by any stretch.

Cook and Colback only came as we gave them 2 year deals, presumably with a massive salary increase in season 2 to skirt FFP.

Like Adomah this year, theyā€™ll be around next year as why would they leave. At least Cook seems a decent professional so can be utilised.
Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:40 - Jan 1 with 1993 viewsJimthehip

Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:10 - Jan 1 by StreathamRanger

It's been a dark shadow for the last 12 months. 2023 was a tough year for me and QPR really did nothing to lift my spirits. 2024 looks like it will be another bleak year. The solution is to care less. I've said it a couple of times on this thread but I really do feel sorry for those with season tickets and travelling to away games.

What can Marti do? Right coach at the absolute worst time. We'll most likely lose him in the summer and end up with pardew or some mug like that.

I think the thing to remember regarding football is that it is quite abstract when compared to ordinary life and it is a fantasy league really. I would say don't let it get to you but I know it's tough though.

Hope you ain't too down in the dumps my fellow r
Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:46 - Jan 1 with 1899 viewsBakes

Itā€™s just typical QPR to get relegated just before the big double your money TV deal kicks in, for a club thatā€™s so skint they do their best to avoid receiving money donā€™t they.

Customer 1:Here QPR, I want to buy some food/drink.

QPR: Sorry we only serve people who arrive at the kiosk before half time.

Customer 2: Hey QPR, Iā€™d like to buy a ticket

QPR: Thatā€™s great but unless you have a degree in computer coding and the patience of a saint you will not be able to navigate our website.

EFL: Hello QPR itā€™s the EFL here, weā€™re going to double the income you get from us, all you have to do is be as shit as you have been for a decade.

QPR: Na your alright we quite fancy getting relegated this season.

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:48 - Jan 1 with 1860 viewsStreathamRanger

Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:40 - Jan 1 by Jimthehip

I think the thing to remember regarding football is that it is quite abstract when compared to ordinary life and it is a fantasy league really. I would say don't let it get to you but I know it's tough though.

Hope you ain't too down in the dumps my fellow r

I'm okay. Thanks for asking. Genuinely though the trick is to care less. I'd pretty much stopped caring under Ainsworth. Would check in on results and people's opinions on here but I rarely watched games. Marti brought some hope back and hooked me back in. Maybe time to give up on it again.
Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:50 - Jan 1 with 1830 viewsJimthehip

Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:32 - Jan 1 by stainrods_elbow

Is probably glumly right. I'm not digging him out for it, but I also thought Marti's body language was worrying on camera - hands in pockets, snappy, and noticeably wearied-looking. I guess we've Rangered him!

He does look more grey already don't he? :(
Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:51 - Jan 1 with 1815 viewsSK_hoops

Our 'strikeforce' have now scored 4 goals in roughly 3250 minutes of playing. About one goal in every 812 minutes. Let that sink in for a second.
Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:53 - Jan 1 with 1787 viewsLblock

Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:51 - Jan 1 by SK_hoops

Our 'strikeforce' have now scored 4 goals in roughly 3250 minutes of playing. About one goal in every 812 minutes. Let that sink in for a second.

Wow.

Just wow.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:54 - Jan 1 with 1771 viewsrbee

I think Marti and Co have to take some responsibility for Cardiff's second. I know Begovic made a howler but the view from behind the goal of our set up is really quite amazing.

We look to be zonal marking?

Both Albert and Kolli are marking players on the edge of the six yard box, WTF, whilst JCS is on the left marking no one. Kolli's defending is non existant and his man scores whilst JCS looks on completely out of the game as is Field on the right hand side.

Looks like we had a similar set up defending the first goal, not good.
[Post edited 2 Jan 3:45]
Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:57 - Jan 1 with 1725 viewsSherryHoop

Just started watching Lord of the Rings. The opening voice over felt as though she was talking about QPR...

Lord Of The Rings opening monologue Voice Over Script

Galadriel: (speaking partly in Elvish)

(I amar prestar aen.)

The world is changed.

(Han matho ne nen.)

I feel it in the water.

(Han mathon ned cae.)

I feel it in the earth.

(A han noston ned gwilith.)

I smell it in the air.

Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.
Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:59 - Jan 1 with 1692 viewsted_hendrix

Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:51 - Jan 1 by SK_hoops

Well we haven't had a 'strikeforce' since I don't know when, It's not news to the fans either but as for the PRICKS that have been Managing /running this club Into the ground.

Go f uck yourselves

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:59 - Jan 1 with 1692 viewstraininvain

Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:54 - Jan 1 by rbee

I think Marti and Co have to take some responsibility for Cardiff's second. I know Begovic made a howler but the view from behind the goal of our set up is really quite amazing.

We look to be zonal marking?

Both Albert and Kolli are marking players on the edge of the six yard box, WTF, whilst JCS is on the left marking no one. Kolli's defending is non existant and his man scores whilst JCS looks on completely out of the game as is Field on the right hand side.

Looks like we had a similar set up defending the first goal, not good.
[Post edited 2 Jan 3:45]

Likewise the first goal with Larkeche getting beaten in the air while Dunne wasnā€™t picking up anyone and failed to make any real challenge to stop the goal scorer.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024