Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bluebirds Match Thread 16:21 - Dec 31 with 55606 viewsconnell10

Well we didn't get beat last time I did one . 😇 I'll go a very nervy 2-1 win.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:02 - Jan 1 with 2207 viewsMedwayR

Bluebirds Match Thread on 16:56 - Jan 1 by lassel

Absolutely awful.

Things Marti cannot do anything about, the players being complete and utter fckwits.

Things Marti can do something about, Paal and Smyth in dead balls - genuinely mental. Bringing Adomah on, complete derogation of duty. The guy can’t move.

Key takeaway, Paal is an absolute coward of a player, refuses to do anything but go backwards.

"Key takeaway, Paal is an absolute coward of a player, refuses to do anything but go backwards."

He's not the only one, they all do it.

In rugby, they run forward with the ball and pass sideways/backwards. We just pass sideways/backwards without the going forward bit. I reckon if you removed the Loft End we'd be half way across Europe by now.

Poll: Who’s better?

Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:02 - Jan 1 with 2207 viewsPhilmyRs

Bluebirds Match Thread on 16:56 - Jan 1 by lassel

Absolutely awful.

Things Marti cannot do anything about, the players being complete and utter fckwits.

Things Marti can do something about, Paal and Smyth in dead balls - genuinely mental. Bringing Adomah on, complete derogation of duty. The guy can’t move.

Key takeaway, Paal is an absolute coward of a player, refuses to do anything but go backwards.

Disagree regarding Paal. One of our better players, although maybe not today. If you mean regularly going backwards and playing the safe option, step forward Sam Field although he does at least put a shift in pretty much every week unlike others.
Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:02 - Jan 1 with 2173 viewsJimthehip

I think realistically this side would need about 10-15 million investment tome it competitive in this league. Bowler coming off the bench for them shows the asymmetry of the squads. We don't have the quality to compete with that.

we're playing better under Marti but we have what's now a 2-3 year old problem - unless Chair is playing and scoring worldies we can't score a goal.

Our midfield is very lightweight and incapable of turning and running at defences. It's all sideways and backwards. Was surprised Dixon-Bonner was hooked. he was the only one of the 3 that I felt was progressing us up the park and looked capable.

Lyndon works hard but he isn't a threat at this level. Ryan Koli I thought looked very good. He has a great touch on him, pace and good technique. Sinclair didn't get involved really but the game was so stop start by that stage.
Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:03 - Jan 1 with 2156 viewsDamo1962

Bluebirds Match Thread on 16:58 - Jan 1 by StreathamRanger

We've seen some bad sides over the years. This lot are up there with the worst of them. I just can't see how we'll win two more games than Huddersfield between now and the end of the season. New players needed immediately.

They are the worst of the lot for me.They have thrown manager after manager under the bus, and if I was MC...I'd get out before they completely destroy his reputation.They are stealing a living at this level, and I hope they have saved some of the money we are paying them... they won't be getting it anywhere else in future. Get them all out the door as soon as possible.
[Post edited 1 Jan 17:07]
Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:03 - Jan 1 with 2136 viewsbongo_king

As for selling Chair and Willock this window - that is what it would look like, week in week out.

Today is the day Dozzell lost any remaining hope I had for him. It's the day he needed to step up after a good performance "back home" at Ipswich and he was abysmal. Field trying to be the playmaker says a lot about Dozzell.

Praying to god we can get some players in this window, somehow. After a CM and FW, begins to look like a keeper might have to be on the list too. It feels like Begovic a big reason why we concede so many set pieces, and I'm not just talking about todays f... up for the 2nd
Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:04 - Jan 1 with 2073 viewsactonman

Quite pathetic really!! What can be said that hasn’t ?

How many bstard times have I seen that exact same goal for them this season .. then u have to watch it again in the same match ffs

Utter fcukwits
Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:05 - Jan 1 with 2039 viewsDamo1962

Bluebirds Match Thread on 16:59 - Jan 1 by BrianMcCarthy

Kolli was strapped up as well.

Another injury.

Some things never change. Whole club is an unprofessional shambles.
Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:05 - Jan 1 with 2020 viewsStreathamRanger

Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:03 - Jan 1 by Damo1962

They are the worst of the lot for me.They have thrown manager after manager under the bus, and if I was MC...I'd get out before they completely destroy his reputation.They are stealing a living at this level, and I hope they have saved some of the money we are paying them... they won't be getting it anywhere else in future. Get them all out the door as soon as possible.
[Post edited 1 Jan 17:07]

Of those that played today, I'd be very surprised to see any of them playing championship football next year. We're stuck with them until their contracts run out.
Login to get fewer ads

Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:05 - Jan 1 with 2020 viewsSherryHoop

Well....another lame performance.

2 pathetic goals to concede.

Terrible starting line up and didn't land a punch in the first half. Chasing the game the formation changed so many times, Kholli was an improvement.

Cannon was probably my MOTM.

I think I might take a break from rangers for a couple of weeks. It has been like a dark shadow over an otherwise enjoyable Christmas.

Just watched the "highlights". We deserved to lose that one.

Such a shambles...makes me genuinely sad
Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:06 - Jan 1 with 1987 viewsWadR

Thought Paal was poor today - bad set pieces and awful/cowardly 1 on 1 defending for the corner for their first - but I think he's one of the few who is willing to play forward passes first time or try the difficult ball. He's really the least of our problems.

75 mins of that was really bleak. Kolli and Smyth only ones to emerge with any (slim) credit from today. I've really had it with Dozzell, piss weak in the tackle, passive on the ball, hides off the ball - a complete waste of a shirt.

Need a minor miracle to stay up. An inspirational couple of loan signings and Chair to stay healthy for the rest of the season.
Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:07 - Jan 1 with 1973 viewsRs_Holy

Bluebirds Match Thread on 16:54 - Jan 1 by traininvain

Let’s be honest, there’s no way this lot are staying up. We need 4/5 new first team signings minimum and that’s not going to happen.

Absolutely shocking first half... then we looked properly good for 7-8 minutes at the start of the 2nd half... scored a goal and then it all went a bit flaccid again... some real brain dead, silly fouls towards the end of the game when we were chasing it ... overall very poor, apart from a couple of minor plusses ... thought Kolli looked great when he came on... hope the injury is minor... we actually scored a goal... an actual goal... a goal.
[Post edited 1 Jan 17:09]
Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:07 - Jan 1 with 1968 viewslassel

Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:02 - Jan 1 by PhilmyRs

Disagree regarding Paal. One of our better players, although maybe not today. If you mean regularly going backwards and playing the safe option, step forward Sam Field although he does at least put a shift in pretty much every week unlike others.

I used to quite like Paal, especially when he first came in, but I’ve watched him closely the last few games and he’s the worst of the lot for taking the cowards way out, which says a lot in this squad.

It’s especially galling when you see Cannon running his guts out up and down the pitch like a metronome and then Paal just pass it off back to Begovic everytime he gets it rather than actually put in a shift.
Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:07 - Jan 1 with 1965 viewsLowerloftLad

We are down.

We have been down for a while now.

The rebuild for next season and league one needs to start ASAP though.

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:08 - Jan 1 with 1924 viewssilverbirch

I get that everyone has a skill level they are unable to get beyond but surely, five year olds realise they are taller than average and so can reach a high ball first and who know if you don’t have much time you don’t give away needless free kicks. Our players are actual morons.
Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:09 - Jan 1 with 1883 viewsGus_iom

Bluebirds Match Thread on 16:47 - Jan 1 by BrianMcCarthy

True.

That Fox booking....experienced player, eh?

Brain dead for sure.....but I would compare that booking to the amount of fouls Collins committed before being booked.
I suppose its a bit irrelevant really, though.
Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:10 - Jan 1 with 1838 viewsrbee

Started the second half well, encouraging to see the team show some character and score the goal. I honestly thought we would push on from there but we let Cardiff back in to the game.

Begovich looked to be heading for the Hot Dog stand in South Africa Road as he was nowhere near the ball, utter madness.

A lot is going to depend on how seriously injured the missing players are but the games are now beginning to disappear quickly and we are likely to drop another place tonight.

Stoke and Plymouth both picked up a point today to increase the gap between us. It's looking grim lads.
Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:10 - Jan 1 with 1807 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Bluebirds Match Thread on 16:51 - Jan 1 by lassel

Ball hits Armstrong in the head when he isn’t looking and almost scores…

Best headed effort we have ever seen from him.....genuinely
Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:10 - Jan 1 with 1804 viewslassel

Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:07 - Jan 1 by LowerloftLad

We are down.

Ive been thinking for a few weeks to be honest that the best thing this club could do would be to hold our hands up, accept we will finish rock bottom and start throwing in the youngsters to see if any of them have enough about them to be squad options next season.

One thing that’s for certain, there is no way this club is bouncing back up, it will be at least a 2 year visit, if not more like 5 years down there trying to scrub the club clean of the stench of this ownership and these players.
Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:10 - Jan 1 with 1803 viewsStreathamRanger

Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:05 - Jan 1 by SherryHoop

Well....another lame performance.

2 pathetic goals to concede.

Terrible starting line up and didn't land a punch in the first half. Chasing the game the formation changed so many times, Kholli was an improvement.

Cannon was probably my MOTM.

I think I might take a break from rangers for a couple of weeks. It has been like a dark shadow over an otherwise enjoyable Christmas.

Just watched the "highlights". We deserved to lose that one.

Such a shambles...makes me genuinely sad

It's been a dark shadow for the last 12 months. 2023 was a tough year for me and QPR really did nothing to lift my spirits. 2024 looks like it will be another bleak year. The solution is to care less. I've said it a couple of times on this thread but I really do feel sorry for those with season tickets and travelling to away games.

What can Marti do? Right coach at the absolute worst time. We'll most likely lose him in the summer and end up with pardew or some mug like that.
Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:11 - Jan 1 with 1763 viewsDamo1962

Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:05 - Jan 1 by StreathamRanger

Of those that played today, I'd be very surprised to see any of them playing championship football next year. We're stuck with them until their contracts run out.

Some will be lucky to play professional football anywhere. Small mercies, but it looks like quite a lot are out of contract in the summer...and a few should be sacked if I had my way.I'll be watching how their careers progress once they are gone.
Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:12 - Jan 1 with 1764 viewsGloucs_R

Things that are driving me mental....

Our corner kicks
Putting two players over every free kick, which is a complete waste of a man
Dozzell bottling it every time he gets the ball
Dykes inability to get into a striker's position
Defending free kicks
Bringing on a 37-year-old veteran who should really be playing no higher than ishmian League
Sideways, backwards, sideways, backwards with no idea how to get the ball forward
The lack of characters
Not having a single player in the team today who can take a man on regularly

Really poor, you could see we were going to lose this in the first 15 minutes. Clueless.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:14 - Jan 1 with 1687 viewsDamo1962

We are down.

Agree.
Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:14 - Jan 1 with 1689 viewsGloucs_R

Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:10 - Jan 1 by lassel

Ive been thinking for a few weeks to be honest that the best thing this club could do would be to hold our hands up, accept we will finish rock bottom and start throwing in the youngsters to see if any of them have enough about them to be squad options next season.

One thing that’s for certain, there is no way this club is bouncing back up, it will be at least a 2 year visit, if not more like 5 years down there trying to scrub the club clean of the stench of this ownership and these players.

If we don't / can't bring in five new players and make a bit of a fight of it then I agree, we need to look at who will be left next season and start to give them more game time regardless of the results.

Kolli
Lakreche
Pedder
Armstrong
EDB

Poll: Are we staying up?

Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:16 - Jan 1 with 1629 viewstraininvain

We are down.

This is the real question, do we take our medicine this season and accept relegation or roll the dice and sign a few loan players to try and survive but kick the can down the road as it’ll eat into any budget we have for a summer rebuild.

Ordinarily I’d say do whatever is necessary to avoid relegation but I’m not sure it’s worth the risk this season as I’m not convinced we’ll stay up even with a few new signings. It feels like the rot has set in and we’re trying to delay the inevitable.
Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:16 - Jan 1 with 1617 viewsDamo1962

Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:10 - Jan 1 by rbee

Started the second half well, encouraging to see the team show some character and score the goal. I honestly thought we would push on from there but we let Cardiff back in to the game.

Begovich looked to be heading for the Hot Dog stand in South Africa Road as he was nowhere near the ball, utter madness.

A lot is going to depend on how seriously injured the missing players are but the games are now beginning to disappear quickly and we are likely to drop another place tonight.

Stoke and Plymouth both picked up a point today to increase the gap between us. It's looking grim lads.

I told you 😉
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024