Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Play Off Thread 19:08 - Apr 29 with 37215 viewsToast_R

Might as well take an interest, its actually more interesting this season then previous ones with the emergence of Luton, Coventry and Millwall having a go. No Norwich or any of the other Yo-Yo clubs as yet.
Hoping West Brom don't sneak in as I'm rather looking forward to them going into a financial mess.

Like to see Coventry go up. Unpopular opinion I know but also think it would be good for football if Luton win the ultimate prize and get in the big time with their hammer and nails stadium.
The Play Off Thread on 16:11 - May 29 with 2045 viewsflynnbo

VAR shocking again in the SW v Barnsley game.
The Play Off Thread on 16:13 - May 29 with 2043 viewsRanger_1969

The Play Off Thread on 16:11 - May 29 by flynnbo

Not a Red card in my book
The Play Off Thread on 16:14 - May 29 with 2037 viewsflynnbo

The Play Off Thread on 16:13 - May 29 by Ranger_1969

Not a Red card in my book

Possibly a penalty a few minutes earlier too.
The Play Off Thread on 16:16 - May 29 with 2025 viewsNed_Kennedys

The Play Off Thread on 16:11 - May 29 by flynnbo

What a terrible decision by ref, Lino and VAR.
Hope Barnsley have a Zamora moment.
The Play Off Thread on 16:29 - May 29 with 1976 viewswesty

Who the fck is in the VAR box, Mike Reilly ? From where the ref was stood it looked an awful challenge but from the other angles fcking Ray Charles could see it wasn’t a red. I thought that was the point of VAR to give alternative angles. Should have sent the ref to the monitor
The Play Off Thread on 17:00 - May 29 with 1880 viewsJuzzie

What should Luton do……

Keep player acquisitions to a bare minimum and as low cost as possible and bank as much as they can which will help even more with the new stadium and take a hammering for 38 games.

Go for it and spend every penny on players and absurd agent fees in the hope to finish 17th
The Play Off Thread on 17:21 - May 29 with 1816 viewsTomS

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. I suspect the jury is still out on Forest's transfer strategy, and its implications for their club's financial wellbeing. I think Luton have sensible people running the club, so I don't see them going down that well worn path to self destruction.
The Play Off Thread on 17:41 - May 29 with 1754 viewsJuzzie

Sheff Weds just done a Zamora+ by scoring in the last seconds of extra time.

Harsh on Barnsley.
Login to get fewer ads

The Play Off Thread on 17:41 - May 29 with 1747 viewsLanhoop

Unbelievable ;-)
The Play Off Thread on 17:44 - May 29 with 1711 viewsToast_R

Glad somone won a final without penalties.
The Play Off Thread on 17:45 - May 29 with 1703 viewspaulparker

Modern football is so corrupt
The little club gets shafted once again

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Play Off Thread on 18:12 - May 29 with 1592 viewsPaddyhoops

The Play Off Thread on 17:45 - May 29 by paulparker

That’s another full house at HQ. They bring big numbers.
Leeds , Southampton, Wednesday, Leicester and Ipswich .
Tough league next season.
The Play Off Thread on 18:17 - May 29 with 1568 viewsManinBlack

Shame the result was influenced by two poor decisions against Barnsley in the second half. However, Peterborough threw it away and should have been Barnsley's opponent today without any big club favours to Wednesday being necessary.

With the departures of Luton, Wigan and Blackpool it would appear we have dropped further down the budget league for next season which is why I had hoped Barnsley or Peterborough came up.
The Play Off Thread on 18:19 - May 29 with 1552 viewsPhilothesuperhoop

The Play Off Thread on 18:17 - May 29 by ManinBlack

Shame the result was influenced by two poor decisions against Barnsley in the second half. However, Peterborough threw it away and should have been Barnsley's opponent today without any big club favours to Wednesday being necessary.

With the departures of Luton, Wigan and Blackpool it would appear we have dropped further down the budget league for next season which is why I had hoped Barnsley or Peterborough came up.

How good is Barry Bannan. He ran that game and was absolutely everywhere!

I have no doubt that he will personally take us apart twice next season unfortunately!
The Play Off Thread on 18:47 - May 29 with 1477 viewsCLAREMAN1995

The Play Off Thread on 16:29 - May 29 by westy

Who the fck is in the VAR box, Mike Reilly ? From where the ref was stood it looked an awful challenge but from the other angles fcking Ray Charles could see it wasn’t a red. I thought that was the point of VAR to give alternative angles. Should have sent the ref to the monitor

Good post the Ref would have changed both calls if called over IMO.
Never a red card just caught the guy with his trailing leg and was actually trying to sidefoot the ball instead of full bore . The SW players intemidated the ref I think
Stonewall penalty to Barnsley those are given every weekend in the PL and nobody even complains .
Shocking miss by the kid for Barnsley to miss that empty net but he was exhausted.
Stunning saves from their keeper too shame he could not palm that away for the winner he got hands on it .
SW probably deserved the cup but the ref killed it for Barnsley
The Play Off Thread on 19:21 - May 29 with 1372 viewsLazyFan

The Play Off Thread on 18:19 - May 29 by Philothesuperhoop

I have no doubt that he will personally take us apart twice next season unfortunately!

He didn't before, but he is a good player.

I am not so worried about SW, they have an ageing team, and I suspect this will be very much exposed in the Champ, whereas we have seen it is full-on for everyone all the time.

zzzzzzzzzz

The Play Off Thread on 19:24 - May 29 with 1365 viewsstowmarketrange

The Play Off Thread on 08:46 - May 28 by eastside_r

I am supporting Carlisle today because:

a) They’re my brother-in-law’s team.
b) They sold us Stan Bowles
c) They despatched Hughesless in the semi.

Come on the Cumbrians!

I hope they get to play Reading at home on a Tuesday night.
The Play Off Thread on 19:25 - May 29 with 1357 viewsRed_Ranger

The Play Off Thread on 18:19 - May 29 by Philothesuperhoop

Just back from Wembley.
My mates a big owls fan and bought me a tick.
Very poor game.
Bannon was best player on pitch by a country mile.
I reckon we would have won that easily.
The Play Off Thread on 19:54 - May 29 with 1260 viewsSK_hoops

It's honestly enough to put you off. Other than QPR and England I can't be bothered with football anymore.
The Play Off Thread on 20:10 - May 29 with 1217 viewsNorthernr

Thank god we had VAR again. Great success.
The Play Off Thread on 20:12 - May 29 with 1886 viewsMedwayR

Definite penalty but I think the red card was the correct call. Incredible saves from the Barnsley GK and some great defensive blocks too, harsh to lose it like that.

Poll: Who’s better?

The Play Off Thread on 21:28 - May 29 with 1755 viewsLogman

Seems that way, the way they came back from the dead against Peterborough and then had decisions go their way today.
The Play Off Thread on 21:34 - May 29 with 1743 viewsderbyhoop

The Play Off Thread on 19:21 - May 29 by LazyFan

He didn't before, but he is a good player.

I am not so worried about SW, they have an ageing team, and I suspect this will be very much exposed in the Champ, whereas we have seen it is full-on for everyone all the time.

Jack Hunt, 32
Barry Bannan, 33
Lee Gregory, 34

I'm far from convinced SW will have the legs for a 46 game Championship.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one's lifetime." (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop and now on Bluesky

The Play Off Thread on 22:10 - May 29 with 1663 viewsNorthernr

Be interesting to see how it goes but of the recently promoted cohort, Sunderland used the more lenient FFP situation to put together a young team capable of going into the Championship and performing again with few additions under the less favourable rules. Wigan put together a crusty old team that minced meat in League One but needed major surgery to get it up to Champ standards which they had neither the money nor FFP space to do. Sheff Wed, it looks like a convalescence home. The average age of their team this year is 28.5, it's by far the oldest in League One. I'd be astonished if their wage bill isn't the highest in the league by a distance. They've basically done what they always do: committed wages to people they've heard of to get them through the next six games. They'll now need to do major surgery on a team, while also massively over budget, in harsher FFP circumstances.

This post has been edited by an administrator
The Play Off Thread on 22:52 - May 29 with 1542 viewskensalriser

Albert and Stef are available if the Owls are looking to strengthen.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024