Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Play Off Thread 19:08 - Apr 29 with 37214 viewsToast_R

Might as well take an interest, its actually more interesting this season then previous ones with the emergence of Luton, Coventry and Millwall having a go. No Norwich or any of the other Yo-Yo clubs as yet.
Hoping West Brom don't sneak in as I'm rather looking forward to them going into a financial mess.

Like to see Coventry go up. Unpopular opinion I know but also think it would be good for football if Luton win the ultimate prize and get in the big time with their hammer and nails stadium.
The Play Off Thread on 22:58 - May 18 with 3355 viewsToast_R

Imagine being a Peterborough fan going up there tonight. Wonder how many Sheff Wed's fans had tickets but didn't bother?

Quite something.
The Play Off Thread on 23:02 - May 18 with 3315 viewsCamberleyR

Peterborough. Jesus, what bunch of muppets would lose a two legged tie after winning the first leg by four goals?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

The Play Off Thread on 23:05 - May 18 with 3282 viewsManinBlack

The Play Off Thread on 22:07 - May 18 by aston_hoop

I need someone who knows more about this to confirm, but as long as that Chansiri bloke is running Wednesday, there is always the chance they'll overspend on absolute rubbish and end up worse than us! Might not be so bad

I wanted Peterborough to come up for our impending relegation struggle as they are one side to probably finish below us. I also hoped with Ainsworth we could avenge the three defeats of last season. Who knows maybe Wednesday can do a Sunderland next season?
The Play Off Thread on 23:30 - May 18 with 3172 viewsNorthernr

The Play Off Thread on 22:58 - May 18 by Toast_R

Imagine being a Peterborough fan going up there tonight. Wonder how many Sheff Wed's fans had tickets but didn't bother?

Quite something.

My mate Jon who comes to QPR with us a bit now he's down here, had train and match to go up and couldn't face it. My god.

I can't believe I keep reading posts and Tweets about changing the format of the play offs. It's the greatest thing football ever came up with!
The Play Off Thread on 23:52 - May 18 with 3124 viewsbosh67

So pleased we don't have to gift the Posh 6 point next season.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

The Play Off Thread on 03:05 - May 19 with 3018 viewsVancouverHoop

That was one heck of a match.

For me that's what the game is supposed to be. Doesn't matter the division, nor what happens afterwards. It's all about the here and now. If Wednesday lose their play-off final, I guarantee every fan who was there tonight will still remember that match for the rest of their life.
The Play Off Thread on 07:13 - May 19 with 2861 viewsRs_Holy

The Play Off Thread on 23:30 - May 18 by Northernr

My mate Jon who comes to QPR with us a bit now he's down here, had train and match to go up and couldn't face it. My god.

I can't believe I keep reading posts and Tweets about changing the format of the play offs. It's the greatest thing football ever came up with!

reminds me of the last Ashes series here in England. I've got a buddy who had tickets for him and his wife to day 4 of the test at Headingly. He said he was'nt going to bother travelling up there, stating the game was as much as over and he didn't want to witness Australia retaining the Ashes in person... 'It will all be over in a couple of hours and its a long way to go to see the Aussies celebrating another series win' etc etc .... Anyway, last minute he said oh f*** it I'm going.... and this happened....

Yep, (going back to the playoffs) seems bonkers to change the format when it produces so much drama, pretty much every season season!
What's the plan Clive? Probably something along the lines of Top 14 teams from the division and the teams occupying the last 2 relegation places in the division above, play each once in 4 groups before the top teams go through, and the second and third placed teams take part in a repechage to try and qualify for the knockout phase.... LEAVE IT ALONE SKY!!!
The Play Off Thread on 07:15 - May 19 with 2857 viewsstowmarketrange

The Play Off Thread on 23:30 - May 18 by Northernr

Except when you lose in them.
Login to get fewer ads

The Play Off Thread on 07:26 - May 19 with 2833 viewsstevec

The Play Off Thread on 07:15 - May 19 by stowmarketrange

Except when you lose in them.

Cardiff was deflating but I’d still go through that to have had that Oldham game and the whole experience around it. Unforgettable.
The Play Off Thread on 07:32 - May 19 with 2817 viewstraininvain

Quite something.

This lad for starters:
The Play Off Thread on 07:41 - May 19 with 2804 viewsSK_hoops

They had that bloody West Ham mickey mouse cup game on in the pub last night. Probably because the West Ham fan next to us requested it. Wasn't too bothered as I thought it was a foregone conclusion. Wish I'd checked the score earlier, would've gone somewhere else. They switched it on just as the fourth had gone in. Couldn't believe my eyes.
The Play Off Thread on 08:44 - May 19 with 2699 viewsTheChef

Quite something.

Brilliant decision to play Doris Day before the pitch invasion got out of hand - complete buzz kill

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

The Play Off Thread on 09:01 - May 19 with 2681 viewsNorthantsHoop

The play offs the gift that keeps on giving.
The Play Off Thread on 11:37 - May 19 with 2527 viewsJuzzie

The Play Off Thread on 07:32 - May 19 by traininvain

This lad for starters:

Didn't tear the barcode so can still be used.

virtue signalling look-at-me.
The Play Off Thread on 12:30 - May 19 with 2433 viewshantssi

The Play Off Thread on 07:13 - May 19 by Rs_Holy

reminds me of the last Ashes series here in England. I've got a buddy who had tickets for him and his wife to day 4 of the test at Headingly. He said he was'nt going to bother travelling up there, stating the game was as much as over and he didn't want to witness Australia retaining the Ashes in person... 'It will all be over in a couple of hours and its a long way to go to see the Aussies celebrating another series win' etc etc .... Anyway, last minute he said oh f*** it I'm going.... and this happened....

Yep, (going back to the playoffs) seems bonkers to change the format when it produces so much drama, pretty much every season season!
What's the plan Clive? Probably something along the lines of Top 14 teams from the division and the teams occupying the last 2 relegation places in the division above, play each once in 4 groups before the top teams go through, and the second and third placed teams take part in a repechage to try and qualify for the knockout phase.... LEAVE IT ALONE SKY!!!

Interesting on the Ashes video, they subtly changed from how many wickets the Aussies needed to win to how many runs England needed!
The Play Off Thread on 15:24 - May 19 with 2226 viewskensalriser

The Play Off Thread on 23:02 - May 18 by CamberleyR

Peterborough. Jesus, what bunch of muppets would lose a two legged tie after winning the first leg by four goals?

Did they think they'd won it at FT on away goals?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

The Play Off Thread on 20:52 - May 19 with 2084 viewsQPR_Hibs

Referee giving Bolton absolutely nothing in the 1st half. Fouls all over the place - waves play on.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

The Play Off Thread on 00:00 - May 20 with 1935 viewsloftboy

Luton allowing season ticket holder to purchase 6 tickets each! Can’t see this years attendance beating our record.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

The Play Off Thread on 00:05 - May 20 with 1930 viewsNorthernr

Great result, 2x Sheffield which is always a lovely trip, can be done a few different ways so you're not at the mercy of Avanti, and you're not going to a Meccano stadium in the middle of a retail park where the only pub is a jam packed Harvester.
The Play Off Thread on 17:49 - May 20 with 1743 viewsloftus77

Mark Hughes - a real shame......
The Play Off Thread on 20:18 - May 20 with 2792 viewsenfieldargh

The Play Off Thread on 17:49 - May 20 by loftus77

Well he did say he would never get relegated again

captains fantastic
Poll: SWEET F'IN CAROLINE. Played every half time

The Play Off Thread on 20:58 - May 20 with 2702 viewsWatford_Ranger

The Play Off Thread on 17:49 - May 20 by loftus77

Hopefully he gets home to find his brother shagging his wife while the dog is humping his leg.

And then gets hit by a bus.
The Play Off Thread on 08:46 - May 28 with 2380 viewseastside_r

I am supporting Carlisle today because:

a) They’re my brother-in-law’s team.
b) They sold us Stan Bowles
c) They despatched Hughesless in the semi.

Come on the Cumbrians!
The Play Off Thread on 16:29 - May 28 with 2239 viewsterryb

The Play Off Thread on 12:47 - May 9 by terryb

Luton, Bolton & Carlisle are my choices.

Barnsley have no chance of winning League One as Rotherham avoided relegation!

As Meatloaf told us, two out of three ain't bad! I'm not sure that I thought both would need penalties though!

Moxon looked reasonable in midfield for Carlisle & it is always good to see someone playing well for his home town club.
The Play Off Thread on 15:53 - May 29 with 2089 viewsToast_R

Has to be said, as good as the semi finals were, the finals have all been terrible games. Might aswell have gone straight to penalties in all three of them and saved us all the ballache.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024