Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? 16:06 - Jan 14 with 14248 viewsswisscottage

Because That's not Chris Willock.

Can't trap the ball.
Can't control the ball.
Can't pass the ball
Can't cross the ball
Can't stay on his feet.

His swagger is completely gone... what on earth has happened to him?
Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 20:08 - Jan 14 with 2794 viewsbaz_qpr

I think Gallen has talked about this a bit on the WLS podcast about how Hamstring injuries can have a really long after effect because you just dont trust your body. I think we have enough players in that position for him to come of the bench for a while, He seems to have lost strength as well (presume that's confidence in planting your feet) His loss of touch though I can't really explain, but they need to work on him mentally / one to one and give him some B team games.
Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 20:32 - Jan 14 with 2715 viewsMick_S

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 20:08 - Jan 14 by baz_qpr

I think Gallen has talked about this a bit on the WLS podcast about how Hamstring injuries can have a really long after effect because you just dont trust your body. I think we have enough players in that position for him to come of the bench for a while, He seems to have lost strength as well (presume that's confidence in planting your feet) His loss of touch though I can't really explain, but they need to work on him mentally / one to one and give him some B team games.

You never lose the touch, baz. It will come back.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 20:51 - Jan 14 with 2668 viewsSteveB

I hate that stadium, I hate Reading Town centre & I hate the travel between the Town Centre and that fecking stadium & back. But, it could have been so much worse today...

My just back thoughts:

3 people on that pitch today that should not be starting.

Dickie: Booked for the foul on Ince that we conceded from. gave away possession all game, I really thought he was lucky not to concede a penalty on Long. Useless 4/10 max.

Tim Iroegbunam: Send this boy back ffs. Massively out of his depth in these type of aggressive games, a lightweight player who it seems really does not fancy the Championship. A Beale signing that really does not want to be here 3/10.

Willock: Shadow of his former self, no confidence, a passenger we can ill-afford. does not warrant a starting slot in our XI, not even close. 4/10.

On the plus side:

Ethan Laird, Brilliant I thought 8/10.

Ilias Chair, hard working, intelligent, unplayable in the last 30 mins. 9/10.

Tyler Roberts, where the fcuk you been? Brilliant 1st goal, always in the right place today. This boy playing with that swagger, needs a proper run in the team, without the fear of being dropped. 8/10

Jamal Lowe, Good wasn't he? Clever. Nice passes, a game changer 8/10.

Could've been a lot worse. I hate Reading.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2023 21:05]
Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 21:58 - Jan 14 with 2500 viewsbosh67

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 17:04 - Jan 14 by BrianMcCarthy

I actually worry about his head. He looks so unhappy and down. I genuinely hope he's ok mentally.

I think he has completely lost trust in his body and the hamstrings and it has thrown him mentally and his game. I think he goes out there scared to get injured. I've seen it before and this feels like a classic case. How we get him through it I don't know. He's a massive talent but I think he goes out there thinking his body is going to break down.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 22:40 - Jan 14 with 2405 viewsDamo1962

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 20:51 - Jan 14 by SteveB

I hate that stadium, I hate Reading Town centre & I hate the travel between the Town Centre and that fecking stadium & back. But, it could have been so much worse today...

My just back thoughts:

3 people on that pitch today that should not be starting.

Dickie: Booked for the foul on Ince that we conceded from. gave away possession all game, I really thought he was lucky not to concede a penalty on Long. Useless 4/10 max.

Tim Iroegbunam: Send this boy back ffs. Massively out of his depth in these type of aggressive games, a lightweight player who it seems really does not fancy the Championship. A Beale signing that really does not want to be here 3/10.

Willock: Shadow of his former self, no confidence, a passenger we can ill-afford. does not warrant a starting slot in our XI, not even close. 4/10.

On the plus side:

Ethan Laird, Brilliant I thought 8/10.

Ilias Chair, hard working, intelligent, unplayable in the last 30 mins. 9/10.

Tyler Roberts, where the fcuk you been? Brilliant 1st goal, always in the right place today. This boy playing with that swagger, needs a proper run in the team, without the fear of being dropped. 8/10

Jamal Lowe, Good wasn't he? Clever. Nice passes, a game changer 8/10.

Could've been a lot worse. I hate Reading.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2023 21:05]

What has happened to Dickie? While we all concentrate on Willock - Rob has been going down hill fast unfortunately. Agree about Tim as well.
Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 23:21 - Jan 14 with 2327 viewsLblock

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 18:17 - Jan 14 by traininvain

Presumably the same source as Simms signing. Think I’ll take with a large pinch of Himalayan rock salt.

Some chips with your salt Sir or would you like to leave them all on your shoulder?

Simms - pure conjecture

Willock - I’m sure others have heard the same, put it together with his demeanour and we got ourselves a rumour Rosco

Anyway, in other news…… mayonnaise

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 23:31 - Jan 14 with 2296 viewsdistortR

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 21:58 - Jan 14 by bosh67

I think he has completely lost trust in his body and the hamstrings and it has thrown him mentally and his game. I think he goes out there scared to get injured. I've seen it before and this feels like a classic case. How we get him through it I don't know. He's a massive talent but I think he goes out there thinking his body is going to break down.

Sign the bloody contract if you want my sympathy, Mr Willock.
Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 02:29 - Jan 15 with 2142 viewsPunteR

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 17:36 - Jan 14 by ted_hendrix

He needs to score a goal (IMO) he just needs to wrap a defender up once or twice and then bury a shot In the back of the net, easier said than done but for some players coming back to form after an Injury can be worse than the Injury Itself and mess with your confidence.
You/me/we have to show some patience.

Cmon Ted, you're getting a bit soft in the head there.
Even Mr Mccarthy. His mental state.?
He's in the prime of his life, good job, earning loads of money.
Sign the contract for another 3 years and yes I'll back him. Mess about or run our contract down he can fak orf as well.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 07:04 - Jan 15 with 2047 viewsnix

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 21:58 - Jan 14 by bosh67

It does look like it. Also I wonder if they have to balance out not over developing hie top half and protecting his hamstrings. He really improved last season when he had built up his core and seemed to have put on muscle. Maybe he has to rebuild that slowly, although that is complete conjecture.

Another thing is that he was such a target for bad tackles last season and I'm sure that contributed to the injury. He might be protecting himself unconsciously or consciously against that.
Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 08:33 - Jan 15 with 1941 viewstraininvain

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 23:21 - Jan 14 by Lblock

Some chips with your salt Sir or would you like to leave them all on your shoulder?

Simms - pure conjecture

Willock - I’m sure others have heard the same, put it together with his demeanour and we got ourselves a rumour Rosco

Anyway, in other news…… mayonnaise

‘Simms incoming on loan from Everton after they play FA Cup

Saucey!!!’

Hope you’ve got your facts right as spreading rumours that Willock’s had his head turned and wants to leave isn’t particularly helpful if not.

And I’m more of a Tommy k man myself!
[Post edited 15 Jan 2023 8:40]
Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 11:14 - Jan 15 with 1706 viewsRangersw12

His head has clearly gone as there was a period in the first half where he seemed to fake a muscle injury and was limping about begging to be taken off

Clealry doesn't want to be here so needs to be sold ASAP

Hopefully West Brom or their ilk come in for him at 5 million with add ons
[Post edited 15 Jan 2023 11:18]
Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 11:15 - Jan 15 with 1705 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 11:14 - Jan 15 by Rangersw12

His head has clearly gone as there was a period in the first half where he seemed to fake a muscle injury and was limping about begging to be taken off

Clealry doesn't want to be here so needs to be sold ASAP

Hopefully West Brom or their ilk come in for him at 5 million with add ons
[Post edited 15 Jan 2023 11:18]

#GetRid
#AnnounceRavel
Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 11:21 - Jan 15 with 1689 viewsRangersw12

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 08:33 - Jan 15 by traininvain

‘Simms incoming on loan from Everton after they play FA Cup

Saucey!!!’

Hope you’ve got your facts right as spreading rumours that Willock’s had his head turned and wants to leave isn’t particularly helpful if not.

And I’m more of a Tommy k man myself!
[Post edited 15 Jan 2023 8:40]

I heard similar rumours tbf and he's not exactly playing like a player who wants to be here is he!
Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 12:24 - Jan 15 with 1620 viewsPinnerPaul

Its all guesswork
Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 12:43 - Jan 15 with 1591 viewstraininvain

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 11:21 - Jan 15 by Rangersw12

I heard similar rumours tbf and he's not exactly playing like a player who wants to be here is he!

Willock looks to me like a player who’s coming back from injuries, not fully trusting his body and lacking confidence.

Quite a leap to suggest that he doesn’t want to be here and isn’t committed. Even the language used in the title of this thread ‘imposter’ is harsh on a player who’s generally done well for the club.

I’d be fuming if someone questioned my commitment at work without justification and I don’t think it’s fair in this situation despite being frustrated with his recent performances.

If you’ve heard something from a reliable source then fair enough but it still doesn’t really add up as Willock’s performances since coming back from injury are not exactly conducive to helping him get a move elsewhere.
Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 12:58 - Jan 15 with 1553 viewsgazza1

All these excuses as to why Willock is not the player that he was......of course he is fully fit otherwise the Club will not be playing him.

The bottom line is that he is not performing the skills that he showed us 6 months ago, he is far to weak which was why he did not get into the Team when he first arrived here.

Does he deserve to be in the first 11?? No and I expect him to be 'warming the bench' next Saturday against Swansea.
Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 13:08 - Jan 15 with 1550 viewsCamberleyR

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 12:58 - Jan 15 by gazza1

All these excuses as to why Willock is not the player that he was......of course he is fully fit otherwise the Club will not be playing him.

The bottom line is that he is not performing the skills that he showed us 6 months ago, he is far to weak which was why he did not get into the Team when he first arrived here.

Does he deserve to be in the first 11?? No and I expect him to be 'warming the bench' next Saturday against Swansea.

For the umpteenth time, Willock wasn't straight into the team when he first arrived because he came here mid season with a lack of game time and no pre-season and Warburton was trying to manage him very carefully gradually integrating him, not because he was "too weak" ffs.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 13:19 - Jan 15 with 1517 viewsgazza1

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 13:08 - Jan 15 by CamberleyR

For the umpteenth time, Willock wasn't straight into the team when he first arrived because he came here mid season with a lack of game time and no pre-season and Warburton was trying to manage him very carefully gradually integrating him, not because he was "too weak" ffs.

Not how I see it at all.......Cant remember when he arrived but I thought it was pre-season.

He was pretty average and one of the things that I though was his failing was his body strength & application.......this was addressed and he became a decent addition to the squad. Of late, he has been not good and appears to be unable to handle the physical side of the game.

FFS!!!
Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 14:46 - Jan 15 with 1431 viewstraininvain

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 12:58 - Jan 15 by gazza1

Not necessarily true. Players often try to play through injuries during the season rather than have surgery that could result in a lengthy spell on the sidelines. Not saying that’s the case here but I think we can all agree that Willock doesn’t look 100%.

It’s also not unknown for players to have painkilling injections to get through games so the idea that Willock must be fully fit to be playing is flawed.

You acknowledge that Willock appears to be struggling with the physical side of the game. The question is whether it’s more likely that’s linked to his injury problems or a lack of effort on his part. My view is the former even if it’s more mental than physical but others are suggesting the latter.

For what it’s worth I wouldn’t start Willock vs Swansea but I’d hope that being an impact substitute might help him rediscover the form we all know he’s capable of.
Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 14:57 - Jan 15 with 1409 viewsRsinWales

I, like others, feel a little bewildered at quite how far he has fallen from where he was. At first I thought he was lacking match fitness, but it is clearly something more than that.

I hope the guy is OK, because he has never struck me a downing tools kind of bloke. Whatever the underlying reason, I hope it gets sorted soon - for his sake and the team's!
Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 14:57 - Jan 15 with 1398 viewsgazza1

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 14:46 - Jan 15 by traininvain

Not necessarily true. Players often try to play through injuries during the season rather than have surgery that could result in a lengthy spell on the sidelines. Not saying that’s the case here but I think we can all agree that Willock doesn’t look 100%.

It’s also not unknown for players to have painkilling injections to get through games so the idea that Willock must be fully fit to be playing is flawed.

You acknowledge that Willock appears to be struggling with the physical side of the game. The question is whether it’s more likely that’s linked to his injury problems or a lack of effort on his part. My view is the former even if it’s more mental than physical but others are suggesting the latter.

For what it’s worth I wouldn’t start Willock vs Swansea but I’d hope that being an impact substitute might help him rediscover the form we all know he’s capable of.

It is just excuses as far as I am concerned, yes I know you can have quartertone injections (I have seen it done) typically around the ankles but with Willocks apparent hamstring injury I do not believe it would be done nor is it viable.....I am also not so sure that he would play unless the sports physio team were confident that he could play 90 minutes nor with the fear that the 'so called' injury would not get worse, etc.

Flawed, I do not think so.....excuses I believe, basically he is not 'doing it' - simple as that.

Why wouldn't you play him against Swansea??.....because he is not fit or because he is not playing well???
Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 15:03 - Jan 15 with 1387 viewsCamberleyR

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 13:19 - Jan 15 by gazza1

Not how I see it at all.......Cant remember when he arrived but I thought it was pre-season.

He was pretty average and one of the things that I though was his failing was his body strength & application.......this was addressed and he became a decent addition to the squad. Of late, he has been not good and appears to be unable to handle the physical side of the game.

FFS!!!

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/chris-willock-completes-qpr-switch/

October.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 15:20 - Jan 15 with 1366 viewsAntti_Heinola

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 02:29 - Jan 15 by PunteR

Cmon Ted, you're getting a bit soft in the head there.
Even Mr Mccarthy. His mental state.?
He's in the prime of his life, good job, earning loads of money.
Sign the contract for another 3 years and yes I'll back him. Mess about or run our contract down he can fak orf as well.

'He's in the prime of his life, good job, earning loads of money.'

Because no one young earning good money has ever had any other issues. Crass stuff.

Bare bones.

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 15:43 - Jan 15 with 1333 viewsLimehouseR

I think it was mentioned earlier but you can never tell what is going with people.
Football, as much as it has been highlighted in recent years, still has a taboo with mental health issues as does wider society, particularly amongst men.
Another example that springs to mind is the Anton Ferdinand documentary highlighted how a seemingly 'moderate' incident can have a profound effect on an individual.
And the point Kevin Gallen makes is another factor that we have to strongly consider. He is one who would know from his own experience.

Hopefully he will be back playing the fantastic football he was spoiling us all with but I wouldn't ever berate an individual without knowing a bit more about what was really going on (exceptions include the likes of Joey Barton)...
Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 15:44 - Jan 15 with 1325 viewsgazza1

Who's the imposter in the number 7 shirt with Willock on its back? on 15:03 - Jan 15 by CamberleyR

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/chris-willock-completes-qpr-switch/

October.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024