Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cooper 08:43 - May 30 with 8103 viewsHeadmaster

Reported compensation fee of £4.5 million. Hopefully Palace or whoever are still interested.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/play-final-headlines-
Cooper on 22:50 - May 30 with 2013 viewsKGriz16

What I'm confused about, is this great youth manager, didn't even consider bringing on Whittaker and other youngsters on at Wembley?
Cooper on 01:00 - May 31 with 1961 viewsSTID2017

It's a fair price after what he has done the last two seasons.
I think we should pay it !

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Cooper on 06:55 - May 31 with 1910 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Cooper on 16:46 - May 30 by Thornburyswan

Only 1 year left on his contract so £4.5M looks very unlikely to me but suspect we’ll do a deal & he’ll be off ski - for me the key here is sort it pronto & not let it drag on all summer.

That’s what Alan Nixon is reporting

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Cooper on 07:01 - May 31 with 1906 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Cooper on 09:15 - May 30 by jack247

To put it another way again, our second and third best championship finishes ever.

We’d have been stupid to pay him off, whether it’s £4.5m or not, if he goes to Palace, it’ll earn us a few quid.

The difference between him and the likes of Martinez and Potter, though, playing style aside, is you felt we were building something under those two and would have improved if they’d stayed another season. I don’t get that feeling with Cooper.

Correct but his perseverance playing a non contributing and uninterested Hourihane shows a major flaw in his judgement. The way he set up against Brentford was suicidal in that respect . Not one shot on target during the game speaks volumes.

The real gear grinder for me was we threw away the autos. Watford kept most of their PL squad but they were nothing special to watch. To lose so many games in the run in to virtually gift them second place when we still had every chance of getting second is going to rankle with me for a long time. 4.5 million? Yes please and goodbye Steve.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Cooper on 07:29 - May 31 with 1913 viewsThornburyswan

Cooper on 06:55 - May 31 by Brynmill_Jack

He gets all his good stuff from here ;-)
Cooper on 08:45 - May 31 with 1872 viewsKeithHaynes

Cooper on 06:55 - May 31 by Brynmill_Jack

Me and Alan go back years, he used to clean my shoes in the boot room.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Cooper on 08:46 - May 31 with 1838 viewsonehunglow

Cooper on 07:01 - May 31 by Brynmill_Jack

Correct but his perseverance playing a non contributing and uninterested Hourihane shows a major flaw in his judgement. The way he set up against Brentford was suicidal in that respect . Not one shot on target during the game speaks volumes.

The real gear grinder for me was we threw away the autos. Watford kept most of their PL squad but they were nothing special to watch. To lose so many games in the run in to virtually gift them second place when we still had every chance of getting second is going to rankle with me for a long time. 4.5 million? Yes please and goodbye Steve.

Ignore me all you want Bryn but we agree there.100%.

Not a shot on target,not one.

Now someone tell me how that happens. It's not the first time either is it.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Cooper on 09:25 - May 31 with 1851 viewsmajorraglan

The ex Wolves manager Nuno Santo now coming in to the frame at Palace, if that’s is the case I’d say Cooper has little chance.
Login to get fewer ads

Cooper on 10:01 - May 31 with 1829 viewsjasper_T

Cooper on 09:25 - May 31 by majorraglan

The ex Wolves manager Nuno Santo now coming in to the frame at Palace, if that’s is the case I’d say Cooper has little chance.

Didn't he leave Wolves because he wanted to go home to his family in Portugal? Can't imagine he'd jump to another PL club, especially a step down.
Cooper on 11:07 - May 31 with 1793 viewsWhiterockin

One of two things will come out of the meeting.

He will have a guarantee of the players he wants, within budget and a one year extension with a higher buy out clause. Or he will be gone.
Cooper on 12:32 - May 31 with 1729 viewsReslovenSwan1

One thing to consider is that Cooper is a relatively young and inexperienced coach / manager at this level. No one can argue he has on paper not done well. Had there been crowds they would have generated £5m extra with the play off crowds.

In the meeting if I was Winter I would be looking to him to explain to me how he can improve his own coaching performance to develop a more fliud easy on the eye style. A solid foundation is already in place. He has been out coached by Frank more often than not and in both the play off games both ties were done and dusted after 20 mins.

Coopers line is that he is the finished article. He says " We do what we do it will not change". Having been brought up in English FA courses is by no means enough in my opinion. This sound complacent to me.

He has an awful lot of developing to do. Remember Potter has 6 seasons in Sweden before coming to Swansea and Brendan had two failed appointements at Reading and Watford.

I would expect developments on the coaching side. A seemless way of doing this is incorporation of a Swansea old boy into the camp there to make a difference and add something. I get the "no jobs for the boys " call but this is different. The player must be philiosophy driven and ambitious. Leon clearly was not and opted out for quiet life. Routledge seems to me to have seen it all, talks about coaching and has the inter personal skills to be a team player.

Swansea city today are "one paced". Dhanda is one player that can change gear it seems to me like Jonathan De Guzman used to do. Swansea were undone by an incisive through ball causing chaos for the penalty. No one does this for Swansea like De Guzman, Sigurdson and Hernandez used to do.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Cooper on 16:06 - May 31 with 1660 viewsonehunglow

If we are stuck with Cooper then next season will see us in real schtuck

Cooper on 22:01 - May 31 with 1611 viewsOptimisticJack

Big money gone on Steve Cooper today for the Crystal Palace job it seems.
He is now joint favourite.
[Post edited 31 May 2021 22:03]

Optimisticjack

Cooper on 22:08 - May 31 with 1584 viewsOldjack

Cooper on 17:17 - May 30 by majorraglan

All things considered, I think Cooper has done a tidy job. How many on here would have though the club was play off material at the start of the season? I thought mid table.

Regardless of what the fans think or want, football is by enlarge a results game. In terms of the owners (who may not give a toss about playing style) I’d imagine they would judge Cooper’s performance over the last 2 years based on the points accumulated and they’d have hoped for consolidation in the division and promotion to the PL. I’d imagine his brief was a competitive team, pushing for promotion, developing players in to more saleable assets as opposed to playing pretty footballs and triangles. Look at Pulis and Allardyce.

Going back to Steve Cooper, none of us know exactly what’s gone on, the amount of support he’s had and the limitations he’s had to work within. Against a background of selling some of the best players, probable budget cuts, having to use loan players, working with kids (albeit some are talented but they are still kids) he’s been pragmatic and delivered 2 consecutive seasons of play offs. Fans have criticised the style of football, substitutions, formations but he’s got the club to the play offs. When the club came down from the PL, there were real concerns as to the way things could go, debts, tumble through the league like the last time etc but that hasn’t happened and the club has stabilised and been competitive.

Moving forward with no parachute payments to support revenue, next seasons manager is going to be working with a very tight budget and will be competing against 6 clubs still receiving parachute payments. I suspect the team will be made up of youngsters and journeymen which is why Cooper, (who has a pedigree of working with kids) was given the job. Next season is going to be tough.

I want to be entertained, that was not entertainment,it was bloody awful to watch ,I don't think I could stomach another season of Cooperball ,god help Palace

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Cooper on 22:29 - May 31 with 1550 viewsthornabyswan

Cooper on 22:08 - May 31 by Oldjack

I want to be entertained, that was not entertainment,it was bloody awful to watch ,I don't think I could stomach another season of Cooperball ,god help Palace

Famous old quote from Alan Durban Stoke manager at the time.

If you want to be entertained go to a circus they got relegated that season as well.
[Post edited 31 May 2021 22:54]

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Cooper on 23:22 - May 31 with 1515 viewsmajorraglan

Cooper on 22:08 - May 31 by Oldjack

Not arguing with you entertainment, but the owners will have a different perspective and will want PL money.
Cooper on 09:40 - Jun 1 with 1443 viewsandypitt56

No sure what the source is but..

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-cooper-had-had-two-crystal-palace-int
Cooper on 12:35 - Jun 1 with 1366 views34dfgdf54

Cooper on 22:50 - May 30 by KGriz16

What I'm confused about, is this great youth manager, didn't even consider bringing on Whittaker and other youngsters on at Wembley?

He hasn't trusted anyone but his England U17 side when it comes to youngsters. Again, only my opinion.
Cooper on 12:47 - Jun 1 with 1350 viewsonehunglow

Cooper on 12:35 - Jun 1 by 34dfgdf54

He hasn't trusted anyone but his England U17 side when it comes to youngsters. Again, only my opinion.

We pay for a lad ,for the future, but a 36 yr old was selected every time before him.
That team needed energy

That said,Whittaker looks appalling and yet another stunningly bad buy.

However Freeman and Hamer must be favourites for the most unwanted players .

Cooper on 13:04 - Jun 1 with 1335 viewsDr_Winston

Whittaker has scored two goals in just three starts under a manager utterly disinterested in him yet apparently "looks appalling".

With fans like that who needs enemies eh?
[Post edited 1 Jun 2021 13:04]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Cooper on 13:24 - Jun 1 with 1322 viewsjasper_T

Cooper on 12:47 - Jun 1 by onehunglow

We pay for a lad ,for the future, but a 36 yr old was selected every time before him.
That team needed energy

That said,Whittaker looks appalling and yet another stunningly bad buy.

However Freeman and Hamer must be favourites for the most unwanted players .

Hamer was brought in as cheap backup to cover for Benda's ankle injury. Was never going to displace Woodman.

Freeman should have stayed in Swindon if he wanted to play football. Waste of a fee.
Cooper on 13:53 - Jun 1 with 1277 viewsonehunglow

Cooper on 13:24 - Jun 1 by jasper_T

Hamer was brought in as cheap backup to cover for Benda's ankle injury. Was never going to displace Woodman.

Freeman should have stayed in Swindon if he wanted to play football. Waste of a fee.

Jas.
I thought it was for emergencies as regards woody.
We did have an emergency .He was completely shot to pieces and needed a rest if I only for cup games where cooper shamefully selected him.

It is of littlecsense to bring in a player if he is never ever gonna play.

Freeman coming here is indefensible .

Nobody can defend Steve on that ,not even AC .

Cooper on 14:17 - Jun 1 with 1251 viewsandypitt56

Nuno was fav for the palace job, but now with Ancelotti seemingly off to Madrid, Nuno to Everton seems to be gathering pace. Which means cooper to palace is more likely.
Cooper on 14:26 - Jun 1 with 1236 viewsjasper_T

Cooper on 14:17 - Jun 1 by andypitt56

Nuno was fav for the palace job, but now with Ancelotti seemingly off to Madrid, Nuno to Everton seems to be gathering pace. Which means cooper to palace is more likely.

Potter being talked about for Everton but that might just be twitter fans.
Cooper on 15:46 - Jun 1 with 1148 viewsBadlands

Cooper on 10:01 - May 31 by jasper_T

Didn't he leave Wolves because he wanted to go home to his family in Portugal? Can't imagine he'd jump to another PL club, especially a step down.

Easier, cheaper and more regular flights from South West London to Portugal 👍
First stop for me when safe travel returns then two weeks in Romania 😊

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024